PDA

View Full Version : *sob* nooooo!!!!! >_<''

IdatenMiki
04-22-2003, 07:33 PM
DAMNIT!!!! <>_<>'' its so not fair because of the SARS thing is getting worse i'm not allowed to go to AN! >_<'' i've spent so much money on it! *sigh* -_-'' what makes it worse ((and even more so that i cant go)) is that my mom works at a nursing home so she'd be 'endangering' alot of people if she went.... and if she allowed me to go. -_-'' i would kinda feel bad though if i/she infected the little old people ((who may i add race down the halls with their walkers lol)) got sick. does anyone know if you can get a refund on prepaid ticket-things? -_-'' i've already bought mine and my moms so i'm kinda hoping they'll refund us. there is only one good thing about this little mis-hap.... ^_^ i'm allowed to go to anime expo! wooohooo! lol i'm kinda excited about that.

Kia
04-22-2003, 07:53 PM
I know that AN will refund you if you get intouch with them before the convention. How? I'm not so sure. Check the website for more info. ^_^ (btw, I'm really sorry you can't come :( )

Hikaruchan
04-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Some cons may let you transfer membership to someone else, or possibly apply money sent this time to apply to next year if cann't make it. Contact the info email if policy not on site.

MikigamiTokiya
04-22-2003, 08:50 PM
whee good thing ur coming to AX.. i dun have to pay the full hotel amount *woot woot*lol anyhoo yeah my chances are slimmer and slimmer to go and if it dun get better this'll be the first time I miss it in 4 years dammit ><;;

ducky_feet
04-23-2003, 02:00 AM
I know how you feel, IdatenMiki. My parents aren't letting me go to Anime North because of the SARS thing, too. Crap, there goes $70 of my money. :( But, good thing I didn't buy my plane tickets yet. I wish I could go to Anime Expo.

Minakolabelle
04-23-2003, 02:44 AM
I've actually emailed them about this very thing; you have untill may 9th to email the reg person and tell them your not comming. be sure to include your full name and reg # and they will send you a check after the con is over.

Their more then happy to refund your money if you can't attend it ^__^

Chosuke
04-23-2003, 06:37 AM
Wow.
My mom could seriously care less about SARS.
Her biggest concern is seeing her daughter wander about 'half naked' with a 'bunch if freaks'

Kia
04-23-2003, 06:47 AM
You call your Lei suit "half naked"??? Gah! I don't wanna know what you call fully dresses...

Chosuke
04-23-2003, 07:04 AM
Ithink she's referring to my skanky bondage Kamui outfit..
which is STILL pretty covered up.

Sakura
04-25-2003, 05:37 PM
I can't go to AN either because of SARS. Most of my group can (there was gonna be 11 of us driving up together) but now that 5 of us can't go the rest 'of em said "screw it" and now they're gonna come to AX with myself and 2 of my other friend who were originally going. To pull that one off I had to arrage visits to SoCal colleges so I can kill two birds with 1 stone XD

Kia
04-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Aw man... it's almost starting to sound like everyone from out of Ontario is pulling out...

Kisa
04-25-2003, 06:17 PM
More fun for the rest of us then.

Sakura
04-25-2003, 06:37 PM
I wish I could but my mom won't let me ^^;;; she has all the money and I have nothing. *poor*

Kia
04-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Honestly, my mom barely puts up with all my costuming and anime stuff. She's "ok" with it, but she doesn't like it if I push with it too much. Things like Anime North are kind of borderline to her. I have to watch what I do or else she'll flip. But when it comes down to it it's my money that I'm spending, I've made all my arrangements, and she rarely stops me from doing things I have my heart set on doing, so why stop now? ^_^

JustinCredible
04-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Damn skippy Kia!
I fear no sickness because I have Mattitude!

I would suggest talking to your parents and informing them of the FACTS of SARS rather than the quick segments on the news which tells one nothing!

kibosh
04-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Then you can start educating them on the FACTS of SEX because EVERYONE is smarter than their parents!!!

Limeyaku
04-28-2003, 09:52 PM
must i say this again...

DO NOT LET SARS STOP YOU!

there is LESS THAN 1% chance of you catching it unless you're in direct contact. everyone has has had or may have it has been quarentined or has passed on. it is NOT contagious without direct contact.

AN wouldnt be going on if it was that serious and theyre taking WONDERFUL precautions such as several handwash stations set up throughout the con.

IT IS SAFE TO GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

>_<

boo. ;_; sorry you can't though....*sigh* guests are dropping like flies because of this stupid thing..

Sion
04-28-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm with you Aubz, the media has blown SARS out of proportion. People not going because of something thats lower risk then the flu is rediculous. Stop being so damn paranoid people >< Wash your hands and stay away from hospitals and your fine @_@

IdatenMiki
04-29-2003, 11:20 AM
>_< exacament, but of course my mom doesnt want to take any chances. she works in a nursing home.... so she's really cautious about it. --_--'' people are going out of proportion with this, more people have died from the West Nile Virus than SARS. -_-''

Yuna-X2
04-29-2003, 02:55 PM
It may be extremified, but my parents are the ones with the money and transportation, so what they believe goes for the most part. So, until I can drive and have money, then it's do or die with them. :/

Sarcasm-hime
04-29-2003, 09:16 PM
you might point out to your parents that the WHO just lifted the travel advisory on Toronto, which means that according to them it's now safe to travel to Toronto. ^_^ There hasn't been a new case of SARS in over 2 weeks.

MikigamiTokiya
04-29-2003, 09:18 PM
sweet... must use that argument ^^

Limeyaku
04-29-2003, 09:30 PM
its about time! XD i was just watching tht on tv and was about to post it. you beat me tho. LOl

xiola
04-29-2003, 09:43 PM
yeah. i was listening to the news in the car today, there hasnt' been a new case in 20 days, and i think that was still only within hospitals.

so it's not just a joke when i say there is a MUCH higher chance of you getting into a car accident on the way to Toronto than there is of you getting SARS. ^_^

FOR AMERICANS: a good note to learn about these things: try and find some *canadian news sources* when stuff like this happens. the american news tends to be pretty corporate-media-networky and listen to the WHO more than they listen to us. they won't care if there's not been a case in 20 days, they'll just say "WHO says this! PANIC! Don't go to Toronto! it's awful over in China! *shows weeks old footage of a bunch of people walking around in masks* and anyway, in other news..."

seriously, my roomate's mom calls her up and asks her "so, is everyone in toronto walking around in masks now?" expecting that we are seeing tons of people on the streets walking around in masks just because that's what they show on the news.

i've seen like maybe THREE people in masks, if that? maybe only two? ALL of which have been on the subway. the con is nowhere near downtown.

i live in toronto and my mom's not worried at all.

JustinCredible
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
I turned on CNN today... I almost barfed at the dribble... luckily I turned the channel...

If you like Fiction... CNN is the place for you!

Chosuke
05-01-2003, 06:53 AM
Oh well.. the less people to wait behind in lineups :D

Tamer Brad
05-03-2003, 04:10 PM
The Anime North website has lots of SARS stuff up in the Parents FAQ, and there's a section on their message board for it. Show it to your parents.

IdatenMiki
05-03-2003, 07:47 PM
-_-'' i did. plus its a little late to make up all of the stuff i had to get refunded on.

ducky_feet
05-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Same here. I just sent in an e-mail asking for the passes that I bought for my cousin and myself to be refunded. *sigh* Grrrr, paranoid parents. I'd go by myself, but they won't let me. :bigcry:

Takuma-san
05-08-2003, 11:21 PM
If all else fails, get yourself kidnapped. I'm sure your friends who are going will be all too happy to help you out.

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 12:09 AM
lol yeah some of my friends would be glad to kidnap me and drag me up there lol

ducky_feet
05-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Takuma-san
If all else fails, get yourself kidnapped. I'm sure your friends who are going will be all too happy to help you out.
I would, IF I had any friends that were going. :(

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 08:49 PM
^_^'' i'll be your friend! lol, i'm not going this year... but what about next years? ^_^

ducky_feet
05-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by IdatenMiki
^_^'' i'll be your friend! lol, i'm not going this year... but what about next years? ^_^
Really? Yay! ^___^ We will kidnap each other next year and make sure that we go! LOL!

IdatenMiki
05-10-2003, 09:13 PM
lol sure why not! hey it'll be fun right? ^_^''

nyamiko_chan
05-14-2003, 09:36 AM
T-T oh noo...*pat pat*

I've heard some of my friends couldn't come cuz of SARS..i feel ur pain...

and it's true more people have died from West Nile than sars...it's not even as bad as the news says it is...

The news in the states is going all wack with the story ^^;

they want the dramatics..LOL

Sarcasm-hime
05-15-2003, 12:09 PM
What's hilarious (in a sick way) is how they keep referring to SARS as "killer pneumonia"...as if pneumonia usually causes the hiccups. Pneumonia kills tens of thousands of people every year...and yet the news media would have us believe that SARS is worse, which it obviously isn't.

IdatenMiki
05-15-2003, 07:42 PM
-_-'' yes we are making a bigger deal out of this then we ought to... though the saying goes "for most folks no news is good news; for the press good news is not news"~Gloria Boger