PDA

View Full Version : war of genesis and magna carta

Haruka
08-24-2002, 01:43 PM
i know that these are both Korean games (RPGs i think). The art work i have seen from it is soooo beautiful...by far some of the best artwork ive ever seen (^<>^) but anywho...ive seen a few people cosplay from it, and i was curious if anyone has ever played these 2 games or if they know what im talking about.

=====> :juggler: what the heck does that mean??
oh here is a pic from it ( i looooove this pic)

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 01:55 PM
Muahahah . . . I have that character on my desktop. *^^* But, I was going to ask exactly the same thing, I just hadn't gotten to it! I know that I've met people online who speak Korean, so they COULD have played the games . . . I've lost my link to the official sites, or I'd post that . . .

Alexeil
08-24-2002, 05:03 PM
Wow, that pic is gorgeous!! I've never heard of either of those games tho. Is there a page that I could look at for more art and info?

Ukayoru no Chou
08-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Hmm, Babbit-chan sent me a link there awhile ago...and I love the artwork as well and such, and I wish I could get my little hands on it ><;; Buuuttt, I have been looking at them to see who I could cosplay....not sure yet..o_o;;
I missed that pic tho..its super kool *_____________*

Jibrille
08-24-2002, 06:11 PM
i know what you are talking about, well with magna carta anyway. lol but only because i am planning to cosplay from it. ^^;

here is the official Magna Carta link:
http://magnacarta.co.kr/

thanks to arisuchan finding this and wanting to make a felicia, i am planning on Ladrinne (though Leona is still really tempting) arg decisions!!!

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 06:14 PM
lol. Wow. I actually DO remember the URL right. I didn't even try it, cause I thought I was wrong . . . but here you go, anyway. From their description of Calintz, plus the fact that he has a cool outfit, I really want to cosplay him . . .

Magna Carta - http://www.magnacarta.co.kr/
War of Genesis (III, III p2, and Arena) - http://www.genesis3.co.kr/

BabySnowLeopard
08-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Heh... if the pictures is all you want...
http://waylon-art.com/hyung/
simple enough, ne? ^o^ hehe

Ehhh... The coloring is absolutely gorgeous, yes... I wish I knew how to color like that... but the line art? X_x pure crap. A Korean artist friend of mine said that Korean artists tend to focus on small details instead of looking at the whole picture, the overall shape... and it really shows *_* You can see that a bit with Lee Myoung-Jin's art, but it's not as bad. Kim Hyung-Tae certainly has more impressive coloring skills *_* but there are problems with his art that my eyes just can't resolve, so overall... I don't much like his work X_x I'm really curious about the games though. My friends cosplay from it... I've seen TONS of cosplay from those games, in fact... but has ANYONE played them?? I really like some of the characters (Joan in WoGIII for example), but it's just not something I'd cosplay... I really know nothing about any of them. I can relate to RO (I'm a huge addict X_x *hopes the rumors about it coming back in early Sept are true*)... and Pristine Tale or whatever it's called... it's not really cosplayable tho X_x But are these games even playable without knowing the language? O_O'

~Kie

Haruka
08-25-2002, 01:42 AM
sigh....why cant we Americans get any of these games (:_:)......the only game that i have played like that is Ragnarok (which is a great game i might add)......if any of you havent played it or heard of it go to Ragnarok.com and down load it (though i think its down for month or so)...

Ayaka
08-25-2002, 03:34 AM
Baby snow leopard - Obviously art's all a matter of opinion, but I'm not seeing what makes you say that his line art is bad. Care to elaborate? I'm not an artist, really, but I'm curious . . .

Gah. Ragnarok. Just a reminder of how the software world is not entirely welcoming to Mac users.

BabySnowLeopard
08-25-2002, 07:23 AM
Hrm... but RO is really not like those games, tho, those are real RPGs, and I suspect that you'd have to be able to read Korean to know what is going on/what to do ^o^' ooooo you might still be able to order it tho ^_^''''''

lol
^_^
Art is a matter of opinion... but anatomy is not. Yes, I think his art is very good... his anatomy is pretty bad ^_^'''' Arms, necks, legs bent at impossible angles... body parts that are the wrong shape, or sticking out weird (it looks like he has trouble with knees X_x *hates drawing knees too*)... and then there are the problems with folds in clothing, angles, perspective... it looks like perspective is not his forte either ^_^'

his color schemes and lighting tho *_* excellent

O_o;;; Mac...... I'm sorry XD

~Kie

arisuchan
08-25-2002, 12:08 PM
the art in magna carta is stunning. I adore several of the characters costumes, Felcia being my favorite *^^* and the costumes are just elborate enough to keep my banging my head against things through out the creation process *^^*

Haruka
08-25-2002, 12:21 PM
so both magna carta and war of genesis are rpgs.....i thought that one of the two was an online game?? *shruggs* ah what do i know eh? but i dont suppose any of those games would be coming to America?

Ayaka
08-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Baby snow leopard - I went and looked more carefullly at his stuff . . . yeah, I see what you mean. But, I still like it. ^^; Besides which, my anatomy skills are so atrocious I don't notice unless I look real close, lol.

Haruka - I think that WoGIII p2 and Arena are both online or have online components . . . near as I can tell, anyway. ^^;; I don't think we have much chance of seeing them here . . . but hey, you never know. You could try writing the company and asking, start a petition.

RealizeDOP
08-25-2002, 08:37 PM
^.^ Ah yes, Great stuff. Magna Carta I don't know as much about, but I will ask my Korean friends. As for WoG before i made my Joan costume, I read up as much about it. You can read quite a few of the character histories here:
http://beramode.nu/genesis/

WoG is like FF.....but not....O.o It's the most intricate story. I would make some peoples head hurt if I start explaining this hahahaha -.-*

Jibrille
08-26-2002, 03:50 AM
<random note>
if correct anatomy was so importnant in 'art' then 99.99% of all anime and manga is ugly, and 80% of all art in general would be hideous.
anatomy doesnt make art. art is expression, ideas, and style.
*clears throat* yeah... i've been an artist for too long.

<quasi-onsubject note>
i love the costumes and artwork in both. its so full of expression and very creative, its definitly given me some new elaborate costume ideas. ^^

Michi
08-26-2002, 05:00 AM
I just sit and stare at the gorgeous artwork. I have a lot saved to my hard drive... But I simply lack the talent for such amazing outfits.

I can dream, though.. ^^

makio
08-26-2002, 10:06 AM
I was trying to bid on eBay for a War of Genesis III artbook, but lost with an hour left. XD I'm familiar with the games, but I haven't played any of them myself...too bad the company doesn't publish them here domestically - I'd definitely buy a copy. Playing Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star is fun, but I welcome other RPGs...

...Carlos Van Teirun & Redhead being my favorites. ^_^

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 10:15 AM
I heard that some fans were working on a fan-translated version of the game, like some groups did for FFV way back when.

AngelYuki
08-26-2002, 04:13 PM
-=Head spins=- Wow, Baby Snow Leopard, I'm far from an artist but I think it was a perspective thing. Anyway, I thought the art was amazing and the costumes of both are going to be psyco. . . but we like it that way. -=Biiiig smile=- so. . . . yeah. . . .