PDA

View Full Version : AMV question


JacksUsername
04-22-2003, 11:12 PM
ok, first, just keep in mind I've only seen a few animes, so if the answer to this is really obvious, no insults or "how could you not know that" please :P

I was just wondering what anime was shown during the Uber Depressing Video...i was really touched by that video, and yes, did shed a tear, and was just wondering what movie/series it was from...

thanks !!!!

Cocoa
04-22-2003, 11:23 PM
I think the series was called 'She, the Ultimate Weapon'. No clue what it's about, Skuld said the series was as depressing as the video though

JacksUsername
04-22-2003, 11:25 PM
hmmmmm

*jots down name*

thanks! anyone else know anything about this series?

JustinCredible
04-22-2003, 11:47 PM
You could try the AnimeMusicVideos.Org... they have a search engine that might allow you to find that song.. see who is it buy and what series its from... plus maybe download it! :D

Gothic_Lulu
04-23-2003, 08:29 AM
I went to animemusicvideos.org and the put you on a 2 week probation before you can download anything :/

Doe anyone know anywhere else where I can find some of the AMVs...especially Hello Kitty >:P

number18
04-23-2003, 11:15 AM
I can't find the Fight! (hello kitty) one anywhere. I put in the creator's name and it only brought me to other videos he's done, and to animemusicvideos.org. Same thing happened when I tried to look for Phemt, the berserk video. That one was there, just not available for download...so I signed up for membership. Maybe he just doens't have Fight! on the net yet?????

And does anyone remember the DVDs they had for all the AMVs? It was obvious someone had created a DVD to host them on, as well as AMVs from other cons and stuff. Are they available to buy from anywhere? I'd LOVE to have that Dai con one. It was awesome beyond words.

Gothic_Lulu
04-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by number18
I can't find the Fight! (hello kitty) one anywhere. I put in the creator's name and it only brought me to other videos he's done, and to animemusicvideos.org. Same thing happened when I tried to look for Phemt, the berserk video. That one was there, just not available for download...so I signed up for membership. Maybe he just doens't have Fight! on the net yet?????

And does anyone remember the DVDs they had for all the AMVs? It was obvious someone had created a DVD to host them on, as well as AMVs from other cons and stuff. Are they available to buy from anywhere? I'd LOVE to have that Dai con one. It was awesome beyond words.

I actually looked about Daicon after I saw that lol. I found out that it was actually a bunch of short films created by Gainax when they were just college students for the convention Daicon as a parody...you can download them there: http://www.catsuka.com/interf/bideo/amateur.htm

Fight is on animemusicvideos.org but you have to wait two weeks to download anything....

RichAyanami
04-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu
I actually looked about Daicon after I saw that lol. I found out that it was actually a bunch of short films created by Gainax when they were just college students for the convention Daicon as a parody...you can download them there: http://www.catsuka.com/interf/bideo/amateur.htm

Fight is on animemusicvideos.org but you have to wait two weeks to download anything....

The funny part is you can see a lot of the Daicon stuff in Otaku no Video. For everyone who don't know, this movie is like an animation documentary on otaku, and at the same time, a kind of a biography of Gainax.... I was watching the amv and was like, whoa! I've seen those clips in the Otaku no Video movie....
XD

Gothic_Lulu
04-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by RichAyanami
The funny part is you can see a lot of the Daicon stuff in Otaku no Video. For everyone who don't know, this movie is like an animation documentary on otaku, and at the same time, a kind of a biography of Gainax.... I was watching the amv and was like, whoa! I've seen those clips in the Otaku no Video movie....
XD

A lot of Daicon references pop up in FCL as well ^__^ I would actually like to see someone cosplay her complete with the sword :D I would but I don't have the body for it ^^;;;;; Is that really and AMV though? I thought it was one of the actual Daicon oopenings for their convention or something 0_o

ChibiRinoa
04-23-2003, 07:44 PM
http://animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=13721

i was given this link, this might work :-D i have it downloading now

Claireon
04-24-2003, 11:59 PM
She, the Ultimate Weapon is also known as Saishuuheiki Kanojou. It's the story of a high schooler whose innocent li'l girlfriend turns out to be the military's experimental "ultimate weapon." How will a tragic war over Japanese soil affect each of them, and their relationship? It's an interesting show... nothing if not melodramatic, but some intriguing concepts in there.