PDA

View Full Version : AX Karaoke!

DHB
04-23-2003, 02:41 AM
Yeah... Not only I've planned to show my costumes to anyone interested, but I'm also interested in performing some tunes during the AX2003 Karaoke Contest!

Anyone wants to sing in AX sometimes?

Alaria
04-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Lol, I'm entering the karaoke contest too ^_^

DHB
04-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Cool! Which songs would you like to sing?

Alaria
04-23-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm singing Scarlet from Ayashi no Ceres, Lullaby from Noir, and the opera from FF6 ^_^ How about u?

DHB
04-24-2003, 01:40 AM
The opera song? Woo... I hope I'll hear you in the finals to sing it...

Lessee... "Mystic Eyes" from Escaflowne, then the first Pokémon intro theme, then "Eyes on Me" from FF8... A male voice singing "Eyes on Me", not bad, heh?

Michi
04-24-2003, 04:17 AM
Mmm. I think I'll try the karaoke contest this year... I keep telling myself I will, and then I don't. *is awesome*

Alaria
04-24-2003, 11:30 AM
ooo, Eyes on Me will be lovely ^_^
Michi: lol! Are u referring to ur voice, or not going? :D

Sakura
04-27-2003, 05:45 PM
I want to enter! I definately plan on singing "Zutto" from Magic Knight Rayearth. Maybe I'll wear my Fuu costume for added effect too since Fuu sings that song in the series! ^_^ hehe sooo excited. Now I'm glad I can't go to Anime North.

flora-bot
04-28-2003, 04:46 PM
I want to sing Momoiro no Kataomoi, but getting the fricking outfit that aya matsuura wears in the video is going to be impossible. I also heard about how you can't do karaoke with a burned cd because of copyright reasons or something, like you have to have the actual cd bought from the store. does anyone know about this?

DHB
04-28-2003, 04:56 PM
You can actually bring your own burned CD, only if it's an audio CD (i.e. no CD-R, CD-RW, hybrid CD, or CD with MP3s).

It should be that way, unless the Karaoke rules have changed and I haven't been informed.

Michi
04-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Sakura, hee, I wanna see that. ^_^ Yay Fuu!

And Alaria, this'll be my fourth AX.. in 2000, I entered the karaoke contest but only the first round, and didn't even bother to check if I made it past. Then I keep telling myself to enter again, or at least sing.. and I keep GOING to the karaoke room with a song in mind (in 2001 it was the Cowboy Bebop ending "The Real Folk Blues" and in 2002 I was sitting there with friends trying to pick a song) but I never sing it. T_T MAKE ME SING THIS YEAR, SOMEONE. ;_;

Alaria
04-28-2003, 10:26 PM
LOL np Michi! I will drag you in there heehee. This is my first time so it should be fun, neh? ^_^ I've been talking to the peeps on the karaoke EZ board and they all seem like such nice folks, so I'm looking forward to it. I just wish the rules weren't so stringent; I wanted to have my friend record piano versions of the songs instead of singing over tracks. Anyone know how good their vocal dampening system is?

Ayaka
04-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Last year vocal dampening was bad. :P I hear they're working on it for this year though . . .

I competed last year, I still haven't decided whether or not to do it again this year. >_< I keep agonizing and getting nowhere. But I'll drag my butt to open mic for sure.

Maryssa
04-29-2003, 03:00 AM
michi i will kick your ass till you get up there and sing a hikari song so the audience can mellllllllllllllllt

Michi
04-29-2003, 03:15 AM
Nyarhar. :P That would be dangerous for the audience though, Maryssa, ohohoho~ *

(* not full of myself, honestly)

DHB
04-29-2003, 03:17 AM
We will see that then... can't wait to sign in and show you what I'm capable of. **goes to rehearse Mystic Eyes over and over**

And may the best one win!

Michi
04-29-2003, 03:19 AM
Good luck in the contest, y'guys. I'll sing open mic but I don't think I wanna compete.. o.o; I dunno.

MiSa0_mAkiMacHi
05-04-2003, 01:27 PM
oOo Karaoke contest,huh? I wanted to be in it last year,but I just don't have the guts to! ^^;; I'm trying to convince myself to sing at Open Mic though. I'm still thinking about it,but hopefully I'll sing at Open Mic! ^_^

ambitiousmiyavi
05-04-2003, 07:35 PM
open mic is fun...especially when you have nothing to do in the wee hours in the morning. ^-^

ayasuru
05-14-2003, 11:01 PM
once at fanime I planned to sing open mic but I found out at 2 in the morning that I would have to wait till 4 so I went to my room and said "hey, I'll sleep for an hour". I wake at 4 and say "forget this..." and walk with no shoes on and grab my cd and say "...i....quit". I saw the cleaning lady vaccuming the floor. It was pretty trippy with no shoes on...ok..thats off topic sorry.

vyrax778
05-15-2003, 12:38 AM
ill try to do Spicy Marmalde from Gravatation

Kusanagi
05-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Can anyone think of a song that I should sing as Sephiroth?

dragonsarecool
05-17-2003, 09:59 PM
something..destructive? Evil? Dark sounding? I might sing open mike, most likely cause jaw drops. (not cause I'm good, cause I have a *really* deep voice for a girl) either that or get kicked off the stage. I may do always with me from spirted away, cause that's the only one I have an official cd for.

ayasuru
05-18-2003, 12:29 AM
omg...I love spirited away!! Please sing Always with me!! and for seph...something...deep and harsh...or depressing and mood changing!!

Velvy
05-19-2003, 07:20 PM
I desperately want to kareoke t.A.T.u.'s "All The Things She Said" all wet. Is this allowed? XD;;

*advertises*

In addition to this, I'll need a Yulia! *hollars* Yuliaaaa--PM me if interested ^_^

Michi
05-19-2003, 08:06 PM
I've been struggling with a song to sing.. I have an incredibly odd range. x_X; But I'maworking on it..

Velvy ~ People probably won't mind if you do it really late. I know most open mic karaoke rules say it doesn't HAVE to be Japanese but they'd very much prefer it and you'll get weird looks. :X

Velvy
05-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Looks...! ;_; I figured since it wasn't japanese. ^_^; But I've seen some t.A.T.u. cosplayers (perhaps it was at a different con). HMmm...*taps chin* how to deal with this situation before me. -_-

I still think it'd be fun to parade around in schoolgirl uniforms all wet. :D

Nemui Yume
05-21-2003, 10:44 AM
I will also be in the karaoke contest

why do i bother so many times when they screwed me over year after year? heh.. ahh i will sing my heart out with costumes this year!

i didn't have costumes last year to match up with my songs

Michi:: SING!! your SO GOOD.. and i've heard you sing so well.. unless you wanna duet sometime during open? x.x hehe. i'll make people hear your beautiful voice!

i will do many fun fun songs. and slow songs since they are perfect for my range

KoF98Mai
05-22-2003, 06:42 AM
I am entering but I got on the stand by list (thank god) I can't sing that well at all but my dear freind had to enter alone so I said I would to! So NO BODY BETTER DROP OUT OF TEH CONTEST or you will all have to hear me sing Oh! Angel and it wont be plesnt I promise you!! :P Yes thats a threat!

Michi
05-22-2003, 08:27 AM
But Oh! Angel is such a good song. XD

Stellaaa~ We really should do a duet during open karaoke! and yesyes.. I really do wanna sing.. I just dunno what. ^^;

DHB
05-22-2003, 10:34 AM
**checks AX Karaoke Forum** Yaaay! I'm in there!

I think I should dress up Van-like to sing "Mystic Eyes" for the first round... don't you agree?

Ayaka
05-22-2003, 05:50 PM
I think it's awesome having people in costume from the series their song is from. It doesn't really exactly affect the judging, but it makes *me* happy lol.

I'm waitlisted as well . . . I was out of town during sign-ups. Sorry, Mai, but I've gotta say - a lot of people dropped out or never showed up. You've got a very good chance of performing. BUT. As a stand-by, you can change your mind - when they call you, I believe they give you the option of passing on the chance to perform.

Really though, you should try it! Everyone will be supportive. ^^

ayasuru
05-24-2003, 04:51 PM
don't worry, many drop out due to ALOT of reasons and its a pain to hear the same name repeated 50 times and then go on. Good luck to us all!!

DHB
05-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Ayaka: Thanks for the advice. I think Van-san will make the fourth cosplayed from the series of 3 characters I'm planning to bring on :D

And to all of you, as my compatriot JP from SSX says: "Bonne chance! Tu vas en avoir besoin!" ("Good luck! You'll need it!")

Nemui Yume
05-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Michi
But Oh! Angel is such a good song. XD

Stellaaa~ We really should do a duet during open karaoke! and yesyes.. I really do wanna sing.. I just dunno what. ^^;

Oh angel is a classic... ehehe.. english version too!

yes let's do duet since you sing so much better than i do *O* Ah.. just pick a duet you like or unless you want me to pick it? ^_^

i will let you know when the time comes! or a Manking song?

~Stella~