PDA

View Full Version : Anime Dating Game

Pages : [1] 2

Kung_Fu_Candy
05-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi! This is an event some of us are trying to pull together for Anime Fest! Our original goal was A-Kon, but scheduling prevailed so we had to postpone!

So we need your help! We need 2 hosts, 2 contestants (1 'male' one 'female'), 3 bachelors and 3 bachelorettes! And they all have to be in costume and in character!

Here is our current list of participants (courtesy of the lovely Shiri Tori! *warm fuzzies*) It shall be updated as necessary!

Update: Cut off date for sign up/confirmation is Friday August 3rd!!

Update: The list has been changed to *not* list contestants' characters. If you have forgotten who you've signed up to be, contact me and I'll remind you!

Bachelorettes:

*Honey Usagi-Chi

*Thefinal

*Hopie-chan

*Sakurastar89/B]

[B]*Miss_Mikado

*Cindy

*Karesu

Bachelors:

*Inuyasha-kun

*koda89

*gundammrw

*MexicAnime

*RanChan03

*Rob

Hosts:

*Shinobi_Misa~~Haruhi Suzumiya-Bunny Version!!

*Shiri Tori~~Reno

Honey Usagi-chi
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Hell yeah I'm participating! I'll be a bachelorette xD We did this game in Theatre, so what day will this event be held? *I will be cosplaying at Afest by the way*

shiri_tori
05-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Hell yeah I'm participating! I'll be a bachelorette xD We did this game in Theatre, so what day will this event be held? *I will be cosplaying at Afest by the way*

We'll need to run it by with scheduling directors, but our last goal was Friday, so hopefully, same?

I volunteer myself as a bachelor!

Kung_Fu_Candy
05-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Awesome-o! I'll contact the scheduling director today!

Inuyasha_Kun
05-25-2007, 10:57 PM
If I go to A-fest I will be intrested still ^.^ when is it this year? Like the date and stuff?

Ama Uzume
05-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Hello there. I can't make to A-Kon but I'm glad that my idea is moving on to Anime Fest. Count me in for a host.

shiri_tori
06-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Hello there. I can't make to A-Kon but I'm glad that my idea is moving on to Anime Fest. Count me in for a host.

No worries, by default you're counted--you're the one who gave us all the idea--oh, and Inuyasha-kun, we've got to hang tight until really we can see what's come up with on the schedule--worst comes to worst, can we do this as a skit?

Koda89
06-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I would love to be a bachelor.

The problem would be picking the character to do....

Ryuuken is too cold, and thinks little of everyone, General Winters is just...well, he's an ass, Aizen would be to wierd, and EGA Inoue is a dead off no.

I guess Ryuuken.

Amiyuri
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
>< WOW I wanna just watch! I think this is an awesome idea!

thefinal
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I have thought about doing this at one point and my suggestion would be is once you figure this out - consider hosting a panel room and maybe doing several parts for this? I'll see what AF can do to help participate with it - meaning what we can do for the Bachelor and Bachelorette - but no guarantees

Anyways, when working this out, whoever the host is, I would come up with your questions that you want the one person to ask to the three other cosplayers - and then those 3 cosplayers will have to figure out what their answers are going to be but there shouldn't be any sharing and telling - it should be kept a secret so it's fun when the game takes place

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I contacted the AnimeFEST director-people, but haven't heard back from them yet.

A panel room would be ideal for this event, and that's what we're shooting for! ^__^

Ama and I are currently the lovely hosts, and we have a list of questions from an earlier attempt at this event. So right now we mainly just need an OK from the AFest peeps, and volunteers for bachelors and bachelorettes.

I think the game plan is to do a round with 1 guy and 3 mystery girls, and another vice versa, but we're totally open to suggestions!

So, any ideas?

shiri_tori
06-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I contacted the AnimeFEST director-people, but haven't heard back from them yet.

A panel room would be ideal for this event, and that's what we're shooting for! ^__^

Ama and I are currently the lovely hosts, and we have a list of questions from an earlier attempt at this event. So right now we mainly just need an OK from the AFest peeps, and volunteers for bachelors and bachelorettes.

I think the game plan is to do a round with 1 guy and 3 mystery girls, and another vice versa, but we're totally open to suggestions!

So, any ideas?

Thanks for the update! Yes, Panel room was just what I was thinking--only thing I have against it is when it's in the open we can attract more of an audience...

I'm open to any positions you guys want to throw at me, though the only real well known character I have is Fanboy!Axel...and only girl I can offer is Mia Fey...

I collected the names of everyone from the A-kon thread who emailed me--want me to try and PM them to see if they're still attending?

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-08-2007, 10:40 AM
That would be wonderful, Shiri Tori!!! *huggles you*

I'll go check for a reply from AFest!

Hmm, maybe if we actually get a panel room, they'll list the event on the schedule and people will flock to us anyway? I dunno how that would work, since I haven't been to AFest in 2 years. I'm behind the times!!!

yoshime
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Zabuza Momochi from NAruto would be willing to participate as anything ^^

Ama Uzume
06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking one of the prize can be a elaborate chocolate cake to share with the person they chose. Is anyone allegric to chocolate? Also, my friend, Courtney said she'd bring Tsunade.

Instant Noodles
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Didn't they already do something like this at A-Kon with Final Fantasy?? :/

thefinal
06-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Shinobi_Misa: Can you by chance delete some messages in your cosplay.com PMs because I'm unable to send you any msgs ><;;

Honey Usagi-chi
06-08-2007, 11:57 PM
That would be wonderful, Shiri Tori!!! *huggles you*

I'll go check for a reply from AFest!

Hmm, maybe if we actually get a panel room, they'll list the event on the schedule and people will flock to us anyway? I dunno how that would work, since I haven't been to AFest in 2 years. I'm behind the times!!!

How we did it in theatre was that we created 3 sterotypes for the mystery people, and the dating guy has to guess over time just WHO they are (after asking questions on characteristics/personality to get to know them better). How it'd work for an Anime dating game, is that it'd have to be 3 characters from an Anime they'd have to guess out eventually (or at least the anime itself) I can also show you at the con (If you don't get what I mean) how it'd work. The entire room at the beginning sends the lucky guy/gal out and they vote on what character/anime the bachelors/ettes will be from. The rest should explain itself ;D And as I said in my earlier post, I'd love to volunteer to be a bachelorette! =D

shiri_tori
06-09-2007, 03:04 PM
How we did it in theatre was that we created 3 sterotypes for the mystery people, and the dating guy has to guess over time just WHO they are (after asking questions on characteristics/personality to get to know them better). How it'd work for an Anime dating game, is that it'd have to be 3 characters from an Anime they'd have to guess out eventually (or at least the anime itself) I can also show you at the con (If you don't get what I mean) how it'd work. The entire room at the beginning sends the lucky guy/gal out and they vote on what character/anime the bachelors/ettes will be from. The rest should explain itself ;D And as I said in my earlier post, I'd love to volunteer to be a bachelorette! =D

No, I get what you're saying, I think that'd probably be best--we're all rehearsing this to some degree, right? So, I don't know if voting is such a good idea...

So, taking those who volunteered themselves:

Bachelorettes:

*Honey Usagi-Chi

*Tsunade(?)

*Thefinal

*Shiri_tori

Bachelors:

*Inuyasha-kun

*koda84

Hosts:

*Ama Uzume

*Shinobi_Misa

...So, we have a bit too many for the bachelors and not enough for the bachlorettes, so I guess I'll move my Mia Fey cosplay up as a Bachlorette (I just hope she's recognizable...) and on a further note, anyone who hasn't PMed me yet for the questions, please do so now! We had a set of questions we were going to use for when this was going to be in A-kon and it's going to be used here as well. I still have it saved on my dektop and everything...

I'm thinking one of the prize can be a elaborate chocolate cake to share with the person they chose. Is anyone allegric to chocolate? Also, my friend, Courtney said she'd bring Tsunade.

That'd be cute, it'd be sweet for a photo-op, is this going to be part of the mock mini-date we were going to have as prize last time?

Oh, and Shinobi_misa, sent out the Pms just seconds ago...we may need to leave spots open just in case--it'd only be fair, considering these people did ask first--and here are the responses:

So far, Hyrekia says if she can get a reservation, others have said they aren't going...(T^T) but good luck to us...

Inuyasha_Kun
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
YAY now I know for sure I am going to AnimeFest! just gotta get my hotel reserved now! My friend Hikaruhime is going down to AnimeFest with me.... now you all be nice to me! I have never been to AnimeFest before!

thefinal
06-10-2007, 12:07 AM
I think as long as this goes through - I would really like to participate in this! :) So count me in as a possible bachelorette?

shiri_tori
06-10-2007, 02:10 AM
I think as long as this goes through - I would really like to participate in this! :) So count me in as a possible bachelorette?

Coolies--I'll put you on the updated list...and Inuyasha-kun, no worries--none of us, really seem to be that familiar with this concept--which is why--

We need to set up times for rehearsal! Yes, just like last time, I'm going to happily remind you guys how bad this could be, if we do not prepare for it!

Inuyasha_Kun
06-10-2007, 02:24 AM
thats why its good to start early!

gundammrw
06-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Well Im up for some dating game stuffz. Dont know which of my characters would work but if you guys have room Im up for making this a fun, funny and memorable event.

Arei
06-10-2007, 02:42 AM
Well Im up for some dating game stuffz. Dont know which of my characters would work but if you guys have room Im up for making this a fun, funny and memorable event.

you should use nagi...just cos itd be funny :p

thefinal
06-10-2007, 03:15 AM
As long as there's a prepared list of questions for the ones wanting to participate and we have a "host" to turn them into - that's fine. Just as long as only the host knows our answers to keep the fun going ^^;;

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Okies! Shiri Tori, I stealthfully jacked your nifty list and posted it on the front page for easy reference. Thanks for your help!

@Grimmy: Dude, you should totally participate!! We need all the help we can get!

I shall go and retrieve our starter-list of questions and post them for discussion and suggestions.

Oh, and does anybody know which character they will be portraying in the actual game? For my hosting, I'll be either Bunny Haruhi, MisaMisa, or Puni Puni Poemy! Once everyone has decided, I'll add that info to the list!

Inuyasha_Kun
06-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Inuyasha for me! Thats who I will be playing for this game!

Ama Uzume
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Maybe Hawkeye, Nana O. or Temari.

gundammrw
06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Okies! Shiri Tori, I stealthfully jacked your nifty list and posted it on the front page for easy reference. Thanks for your help!

@Grimmy: Dude, you should totally participate!! We need all the help we can get!

I shall go and retrieve our starter-list of questions and post them for discussion and suggestions.

Oh, and does anybody know which character they will be portraying in the actual game? For my hosting, I'll be either Bunny Haruhi, MisaMisa, or Puni Puni Poemy! Once everyone has decided, I'll add that info to the list!

Dood! Haruhi should totally host this....She should suggest questions about aliens and what not!! ^o^

Inuyasha_Kun
06-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah I agree Haruhi should be the host!!! That would be so funny!

Koda89
06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I think I'll go with Ryuuken. I can think of some very cold responses to say.

Honey Usagi-chi
06-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Coolies--I'll put you on the updated list...and Inuyasha-kun, no worries--none of us, really seem to be that familiar with this concept--which is why--

We need to set up times for rehearsal! Yes, just like last time, I'm going to happily remind you guys how bad this could be, if we do not prepare for it!

We should do a rehearsal half an hour before it starts, so that all the bachelors/ettes & hosts can get used to the improvisation settings (Warm ups and configuration) I've also thought of something. We should have a list of shoujo/shonen characters that the bachelors and bachelorettes are familiar with so that the audience doesn't pick some weird characters that we cannot portray. And the audience can vote on who shall be who while the luck guys/gals patiently wait outside. Sound okay?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
YAY now I know for sure I am going to AnimeFest! just gotta get my hotel reserved now! My friend Hikaruhime is going down to AnimeFest with me.... now you all be nice to me! I have never been to AnimeFest before!
Nyo! I shall bully you for life! xD Just kidding, I'll show ya the ropes ;p

Inuyasha_Kun
06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Nyo! I shall bully you for life! xD Just kidding, I'll show ya the ropes ;p

LOL very funny!

Anyway I got my room reserved today! So for right now its a go!

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 01:48 AM
We should do a rehearsal half an hour before it starts, so that all the bachelors/ettes & hosts can get used to the improvisation settings (Warm ups and configuration) I've also thought of something. We should have a list of shoujo/shonen characters that the bachelors and bachelorettes are familiar with so that the audience doesn't pick some weird characters that we cannot portray. And the audience can vote on who shall be who while the luck guys/gals patiently wait outside. Sound okay?

I was thinking like maybe an hour or something before at least, people usually rehearse these things weeks in advance, we'd need some time to get used to eachother, and I really don't think just an a half an hour is enough...

I agree on the issue of familiarlarity, but also, we need to keep in mind, it's good to have some small time fandoms in there as well, just one or two--just to make things intresting...sides, some fandoms that may seem relatively unknown to me or you, may be huge to others--like x-1999, or Gintama...

I'm really kind of doubting the whole voting thing--sure audience participation would be awesome, but too many things can go wrong if we rely on it too much--scripting this as much as we can would make this go a lot smoother, less chances for people to freeze, or someone messing up (there were tons of people chiding us last thread what has happend when these are improved...)sides, I thought the point of dating games was for the bachlor/bachlorette in question to choose themselves--not have the audience do it for them...

Oh, and those participating and haven't received questions yet, please PM me your emails so I can send those out--the questions gathered were there for a reason--they're going to be our basic scripts for now.

Lastly, Shinobi_misa--go with Haruhi, she's so much cooler anyway...

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Then Haruhi I shall be!

I think we should have practice an hour before the event starts, and I also agree with Shiri Tori that the bachelor/bachelorette should pick their own date rather than having the audience vote. Of course, like on the actual Dating Game TV show, the audience can yell out who they think should win, and try to influence the bachelor(ette), but in the end it would be a 'personal' choice (that i assume would be decided in advance XD)

Are the questions you're emailing out the same as the questions from the old thread? (if not, i need a copy!! I'll PM you my email addy!) Either way, we should post a list here so we can start semi-practicing and get answers and in-jokes out in the open now! ^_^

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Then Haruhi I shall be!

I think we should have practice an hour before the event starts, and I also agree with Shiri Tori that the bachelor/bachelorette should pick their own date rather than having the audience vote. Of course, like on the actual Dating Game TV show, the audience can yell out who they think should win, and try to influence the bachelor(ette), but in the end it would be a 'personal' choice (that i assume would be decided in advance XD)

Are the questions you're emailing out the same as the questions from the old thread? (if not, i need a copy!! I'll PM you my email addy!) Either way, we should post a list here so we can start semi-practicing and get answers and in-jokes out in the open now! ^_^
Alright, people are getting confused. Of course the bachelor/ette picks who to date! xD The voting though is who the people should portray. There's two ways we can do this:

1) We portray the characters we cosplay and the bachelor/ette picks who they want to date in the end after a series of questions getting to know them.

2) We just flat out improv characters from a select list of characters we know. The audience votes on which characters we portray while the lucky guy/gal sits outside. We call him/her in, and after a load of questions, he has to guess what character we are or at the least what series we are from. Then, he/she picks which one of us he'd want to date.

Which way do we want to do this in? =o Vote up, people! (= 1 or 2!

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I definitely vote for #1! It leaves more room for planning and gives us more time to come up with clever responses. Plus, if our characters are already decided upon the players will be in costume, and that's half the fun!

thefinal
06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I say number 1 and as for picking characters - maybe instead of letting the audience pick we should draw out of a hat? Make sure everyone is blindfolded too so they don't see who their bachelor/ette options are ~.~;;

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
That sounds good to me! That way the ultimate outcome isn't already decided, but whichever bachelor/ettes we use already sort of know their responses and whatnot!

thefinal
06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Err, maybe I should explain what I mean for the hat option - have people from the audience participate and number the bachelors and bachelorettes - then call them up by numbers - not names, just make sure that no one can see one another ><;; I'm not sure if I'm making any sense - lol. It sounds normal in my head but I'm not sure if it's coming out right while typing.

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Ooooooh!! I understand now! Please excuse my hardcore ditziness! >_< I think that's a good idea and we should go with it! *nods*

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Err, maybe I should explain what I mean for the hat option - have people from the audience participate and number the bachelors and bachelorettes - then call them up by numbers - not names, just make sure that no one can see one another ><;; I'm not sure if I'm making any sense - lol. It sounds normal in my head but I'm not sure if it's coming out right while typing.
I kinda get where you're coming from, like the audience picks the bachelor/ette to answer a question or to pick the bachelor/ettes and have the audience participate as the dates?

I definitely vote for #1! It leaves more room for planning and gives us more time to come up with clever responses. Plus, if our characters are already decided upon the players will be in costume, and that's half the fun!
I suppose, since you pose a point there for rehearsal! xD

thefinal
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Honey-Usagi Chi: I think what I mean to say is the audience picks from a hat certain numbers and we number the cosplay bachelors and bachelorettes and that's how we choose who the contestants are. It would be nice to just have a long list of questions but only have about 10 or so drawn out of a hat but as long as the cosplayers/contestants know the questions and how they're going to answer them. There's so many ways to variate this game in all honesty. I really like where it's all going though - and I think in the end, I'd be happy regardless of the decision made by the people on this thread. It would be nice though to still not let the main character know who the contestants are nor "rehearse" with them because I think that almost spoils the fun a bit. We should rehearse yes, just not with set contestants but as a group.

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 08:03 PM
wait.. the questions are going to be drawn out of a hat.... gah... I can't remember all the questions that were given to me... maybe I should print them out and bring them to AnimeFest... o.o that would help... oi... so much to remember...

I hope I can do this..........

Oh, and I hope you guys don't mind me asking this, but can this event be recorded or not?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Honey-Usagi Chi: I think what I mean to say is the audience picks from a hat certain numbers and we number the cosplay bachelors and bachelorettes and that's how we choose who the contestants are. It would be nice to just have a long list of questions but only have about 10 or so drawn out of a hat but as long as the cosplayers/contestants know the questions and how they're going to answer them. There's so many ways to variate this game in all honesty. I really like where it's all going though - and I think in the end, I'd be happy regardless of the decision made by the people on this thread. It would be nice though to still not let the main character know who the contestants are nor "rehearse" with them because I think that almost spoils the fun a bit. We should rehearse yes, just not with set contestants but as a group.
Mmm'kays, I see where you're heading (I'm such an artard xP) Right, we shouldn't rehearse this but clarify with the group on what we're doing and configure the situation so that we don't have a half-assed show to entertain people with xP

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Then Haruhi I shall be!

Um, well, kind of--the questions from the old thread I improved upon and changed a bit--so yes, you may need to re-send, sorry...^^;;

wait.. the questions are going to be drawn out of a hat.... gah... I can't remember all the questions that were given to me... maybe I should print them out and bring them to AnimeFest... o.o that would help... oi... so much to remember...

I hope I can do this..........

Oh, and I hope you guys don't mind me asking this, but can this event be recorded or not?

I don't see why not--I actually highly recommend that we all bring our questions with appropriate answers just in case...

I was hoping we could do a deviant version kind of: see, I think we really need to rehearse, just let's not decide whose's what just yet...

Like we rehearse as a group, and yet we still pick out of a hat who we ultimately will go for? There should be a screen of somesort so that both sides have no real clue until the end--we have a lot more joining in this thread than last time, we should be able to have three solid rounds--any more and I think we'd be pushing it...

...Oh and no worries about the questions, they aren't that long, I'm sending them out as I type...

thefinal
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Well I think for drawing contestants and drawing questions should be something used as a poll on this thread eventually or I will make a link to a poll because I don't feel that it should just be us giving input but everyone's input.

Inuyasha_Kun: I know someone who can record this event for us so no worries ^__~

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Like I was saying: We shouldn't rehearse this but clarify with the group on what we're doing and configure the situation so that we don't have a half-assed show to entertain people with xP

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Yay! We're making progress! *throws confetti*

I think as a compromise, we can choose the bachelor/ettes in advance (the ones that are choosing a date), and the rest of us (the hosts and mystery contestants) can run through the Q&A with them in out of the way. That way we can make sure things run smoothly, but the chooser-person will be kind of left in the dark, and won't know in advance who the mystery person is, or what their answers are.

And I'm all for doing multiple rounds! To do 3 rounds we'd need 12 people, so we're already more than half-way there! And if necessary, I'm sure I or Ama Uzume could step in to be a bachelorette if we can't find enough peeps for the 3rd round. ^__^

thefinal
06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I was hoping we could do a deviant version kind of: see, I think we really need to rehearse, just let's not decide whose's what just yet...

Like we rehearse as a group, and yet we still pick out of a hat who we ultimately will go for? There should be a screen of somesort so that both sides have no real clue until the end--we have a lot more joining in this thread than last time, we should be able to have three solid rounds--any more and I think we'd be pushing it...

...Oh and no worries about the questions, they aren't that long, I'm sending them out as I type...

I see where you're coming from and yes I agree, there should be some sort of rehearsal but in all honesty, it should be as a group and the hosts should just kind of point out a character and ask them a few questions if they were the bachelor/ette or the contestant just to make sure they have everything down and do that with each person.

I think it'd be nice to pull the bachelor/ette out of hats - one for the females, one for the males, and have the hosts rile up the audience a bit then the hosts choose who they want out of the audience to draw out of the hat. I understand if this is not feasible, I just figured it might be a fun way to get the audience to interact.

Yes there should be some sort of screen and that's something I'll figure out before the end of July on how to keep the groups separated. It's best almost if after we rehearse before the show that we all get blindfolded and stand around in the room and the hosts put numbers on us - aka "tags". I can tell you that if we stand around in the hallway, we will have unhappy Sven...which is NEVER cool...trust me. Then after the contestants and main bachelor/ette have been picked, we can take off our blindfolds. When it goes into the next round though, we need to be blindfolded all over again. Just gotta make sure that neither of the sexes know who we are...which will be tricky...

OH! Once it does come time, I think having your questions answered on a sheet of paper will come in handy just in case you forget an answer. Not only that, but they will somewhat have to be screened either before the con or if I can get Suzi to agree, I can screen them before we go on.

This will definitely be a tedious game show in the making but in the end it should be awesome!

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I could switch costumes during round two and get into my Ranma costume for round three? If we don't have enough people... I shouldnt take me that long to get changed out of my Inuyasha costume and change into my Ranma costume... heh...

thefinal
06-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Depending where we're located depends on how many "rounds" we can do. I'm trying to figure that all out though as soon as I possibly can ><;;

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
LOL, I love the blindfolding idea!! That exponentially increases the fun-ness of the game already! Ha, I can already picture the stumbling! ^o^

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 08:36 PM
question... if we are going to be picking from a hat... how is everyone going to get a chance to be in a round? I am confused at the matter...

thefinal
06-11-2007, 08:39 PM
The number can only be picked once. The hosts would need to hang on to the numbers as they walk the contestants onto the "stage"

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
The number can only be picked once. The hosts would need to hang on to the numbers as they walk the contestants onto the "stage"

That'd be good, it'd only be far for the amount of people we're all ushering in--sorry Inuyasha-kun, but I really think we need to limit this is as one costume per person, until we know just how many we can accomadate...so, um, no costume changing just yet...

I see where you're coming from and yes I agree, there should be some sort of rehearsal but in all honesty, it should be as a group and the hosts should just kind of point out a character and ask them a few questions if they were the bachelor/ette or the contestant just to make sure they have everything down and do that with each person.

I think it'd be nice to pull the bachelor/ette out of hats - one for the females, one for the males, and have the hosts rile up the audience a bit then the hosts choose who they want out of the audience to draw out of the hat. I understand if this is not feasible, I just figured it might be a fun way to get the audience to interact.

Yes there should be some sort of screen and that's something I'll figure out before the end of July on how to keep the groups separated. It's best almost if after we rehearse before the show that we all get blindfolded and stand around in the room and the hosts put numbers on us - aka "tags". I can tell you that if we stand around in the hallway, we will have unhappy Sven...which is NEVER cool...trust me. Then after the contestants and main bachelor/ette have been picked, we can take off our blindfolds. When it goes into the next round though, we need to be blindfolded all over again. Just gotta make sure that neither of the sexes know who we are...which will be tricky...

OH! Once it does come time, I think having your questions answered on a sheet of paper will come in handy just in case you forget an answer. Not only that, but they will somewhat have to be screened either before the con or if I can get Suzi to agree, I can screen them before we go on.

This will definitely be a tedious game show in the making but in the end it should be awesome!

Ok, wow--that does seem like a lot of work, but I like where you're going with that idea. I think the hat idea is good, and also think we should have like a section where everyone participating should sit in--roped off and what not--that way no one is standing out in the hall, and once our turns finished for that round, we have some place to sit.

I was just about to mention the idea of screening answers. We need to keep this clean, and I'm glad you brought it up--sides, isn't it kind of trashy if we don't--there are going to be children present (and also many a normie parent)...though this also means we scratch out any shonen-ai/shojo-ai we wanted present as well

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
That'd be good, it'd only be far for the amount of people we're all ushering in--sorry Inuyasha-kun, but I really think we need to limit this is as one costume per person, until we know just how many we can accomadate...

...And the blindfold thing worries me, someone may fall into the audience, let's just stick to the hat idea, please?

I was just suggesting it only... just in case... you know... it was a just incase fact....

LOL about screening the answers...

awww.. that kicks most of my answers off! *laughs* since I am trying to answer them Inuyasha's way... x.x

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I was just suggesting it only... just in case... you know... it was a just incase fact....

LOL about screening the answers...

awww.. that kicks most of my answers off! *laughs* since I am trying to answer them Inuyasha's way... x.x

Oh, well, that's true...darn...well, I meant like sexual things, ya know--like nothing explicitly dirty...

No worries, I'm sure we'll have some time for you to change, I'm just concerned at how many are joining in...

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, well, that's true...darn...well, I meant like sexual things, ya know--like nothing explicitly dirty...

No worries, I'm sure we'll have some time for you to change, I'm just concerned at how many are joining in...

so can we say @$$ or not in the game? I mean I don't wanna go over board to much... but yeah... or umm bastard?

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
so can we say @$$ or not in the game? I mean I don't wanna go over board to much... but yeah... or umm bastard?

Hmm, I'm sure as long as we don't go that overboard, I'm sure one or two would be fine--or we could somehow cause something to go off when you say it? I'm sure that one or two isn't that bad--aslong as it's not one long string of obscenities...

thefinal
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you're not going to be allowed to say @$$ or bastard aloud. I would suggest finding other words. You can have innuendos - just make sure the language is clean. Correction, I think it's more of bastard that I don't think you're going to be allowed to use.

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you're not going to be allowed to say @$$ or bastard aloud. I would suggest finding other words. You can have innuendos - just make sure the language is clean. Correction, I it's more of bastard that I don't think you're going to be allowed to use.

That's a good point--sides I'm sure we can find creative alternatives?

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
innuendos....and I am playing Inu... x.x

heh... I aint very good at making those up... my dad is good at jokes, maybe he could help me with this... @$$ and bastard are the most words that inu says, that and damn and hell....umm yeah... okay...

thefinal
06-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Inuyasha_Kun: since "technically" it portrays your character I'll see what I can find out as well on the cursing limitations. My main concern is if you start cursing, others will feel that they can add to their script and start cursing and then the event would more than likely get shut down. That's more of my concern.

Koda89
06-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I have no need to cuss. However, several of the responses I thought of right now for the questions include killing people.

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Thefinal: Yeah.. I can see that happening....

But.. it basically portrays Inuyasha though... so... hmm.. but if it portrays that charactor.. then it should be alright.. oh, I dont know, let me know when you have come up with something... I will be thinking upon it to... and hopefully try and see if my dad can help me a bit on the innuendo stuff...

lol this is harder then I thought ^.^

thefinal
06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Honestly - just go to www.m-w.com and look up words in the thesaurus, maybe that will help some on whatever words you're intending on using?

Koda89
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Be lucky no one is entering this as Jan Valentine from Hellsing....every other word out of his mouth is a cuss word.

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Yay! We're making progress! *throws confetti*

I think as a compromise, we can choose the bachelor/ettes in advance (the ones that are choosing a date), and the rest of us (the hosts and mystery contestants) can run through the Q&A with them in out of the way. That way we can make sure things run smoothly, but the chooser-person will be kind of left in the dark, and won't know in advance who the mystery person is, or what their answers are.

And I'm all for doing multiple rounds! To do 3 rounds we'd need 12 people, so we're already more than half-way there! And if necessary, I'm sure I or Ama Uzume could step in to be a bachelorette if we can't find enough peeps for the 3rd round. ^__^
Duuuuude, I'm totally lost @_@ Do we pick the bachelors and bachelorettes out of the hats and the dates from the audience? Or do the bachelors and bachelorettes mingle among themselves?

thefinal
06-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Honey: I think it's something that still needs to be voted anonymously

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Honey: I think it's something that still needs to be voted anonymously
Alright, good, 'cause my crazy sleeping patterns are messing up my train of thought! xD

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
And, by the way, if we're short bachelorettes or anything, I'll have my CCS costume with me, since I'll be at the hotel Friday and Saturday :D

shiri_tori
06-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Well, I think we need to keep some room open for any others who want to jump in first--so, let's try and keep some places open first...

Be lucky no one is entering this as Jan Valentine from Hellsing....every other word out of his mouth is a cuss word.

True, true...

MexicAnime
06-12-2007, 12:03 AM
OK after being forc-I mean talked into by a certain someone (<3 u), I'll trow my name in for one of the bachelors.

I haven't decidedas to who to go as, either Mousse, Hidan or my new potential cosplay, that's still in planning phases, but i'll know better in afew weeks.

Inuyasha_Kun
06-12-2007, 12:12 AM
OK after being forc-I mean talked into by a certain someone (<3 u), I'll trow my name in for one of the bachelors.

I haven't decidedas to who to go as, either Mousse, Hidan or my new potential cosplay, that's still in planning phases, but i'll know better in afew weeks.

HAHA! YAY well I didn't get talked into, I volunteered myself... thought the added comedy from Inuyasha would well... spice it up! so.. yeah.. hmm.. if your going for comedy, mouse would be cool!

(to bad I didn't see you at A-kon, I was there for my Ranma 1/2 shoot. Only one other person came... heh oh well...)

Saibird
06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I'd be willing to go as Tobi from naruto (afterall, he is a good boy :D ) but have we decided when it will be?

shiri_tori
06-12-2007, 12:58 AM
I'd be willing to go as Tobi from naruto (afterall, he is a good boy :D ) but have we decided when it will be?

No idea, we're still waiting for news at exactly when it will be...

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Saibird and MexicAnime are being added to the list of doom!

So, have we decided that voting via poll is the best way to decide how our bachelors are chosen?

PS~Shiri Tori: can you send me the new question list? I only have the super-old one from a couple of months ago. Thankies in advance!

Ama Uzume
06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
My friend Jennifer will bring Integrea Windgates Hellsing.

Koda89
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh god.....that...will be interesting. Integra is pretty much the female version of Ryuuken Ishida.....she's cold, takes zero crap, will tell you if she thinks your pathetic/useless, and she'll kill ya if you get on her bad side.

thefinal
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM

I didn't force you - I just said it would be enjoyable! Lol.

And oh man, I'm a fan of Integra, so I would love to see her there! XD

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Jennifer and her character have been added!

Hee-Hee
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
My twin sister, Hopie-chan, says that she'd like to either be a female contestant or bachelorette as Thief Rikku. ^__^ She's an awesomely ditzy blonde!!

Inuyasha_Kun
06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Oh Oh Oh! I have a plan... If I am picked in round three or something...." laughs, I thought about this while I was at work!

Anyway... If Inu gets chosen or something... I could have my Kagome come up and tell me to "Sit Boy" right at the end of the show...and when I am down on the ground.. they go ahead and pick another bachaler, since Kagome had cought me! Oh man! What would be so funny! Its easier played then said....x.x It works out in my head... but if you dont like that idea thats okay... just thought it would be fun...

Honey Usagi-chi
06-12-2007, 10:25 PM
All the bachelors who sign up for this WILL end up with a turn if we choose to do it this way, right?

shiri_tori
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
My twin sister, Hopie-chan, says that she'd like to either be a female contestant or bachelorette as Thief Rikku. ^__^ She's an awesomely ditzy blonde!!

Awesome--I was going to volunteer Omatsuri Rikku, but my wig decided to fall apart--it'll be fun to have a Rikku.
Saibird and MexicAnime are being added to the list of doom!

So, have we decided that voting via poll is the best way to decide how our bachelors are chosen?

PS~Shiri Tori: can you send me the new question list? I only have the super-old one from a couple of months ago. Thankies in advance!

I kind of need you to PM me your email first--though I really don't think polls is a good idea--then it's jus one big popularity contest--sides we need to figure out a way so all our bachelors can participate at least once, even if it means cutting it down so we can only except a few more people--quality over quanity--we have ample time, though we may need to decide a cut-off date, that way we aren't swamped with people....

Inuyasha_Kun
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
*blinks* What about my idea? guess no one likes it.. lol x.x

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I kind of need you to PM me your email first--though I really don't think polls is a good idea--then it's jus one big popularity contest--sides we need to figure out a way so all our bachelors can participate at least once, even if it means cutting it down so we can only except a few more people--quality over quanity--we have ample time, though we may need to decide a cut-off date, that way we aren't swamped with people....
I agree, I first got lost, but then I realized that people were talking the entire time about this situation. The poll idea originally came up for option number 2, and option number 1 pretty much won. The poll for people to come up will make it just pointless for us who signed up, as it'd only make a select few go up, like from popular animes and such. It'd be fair for all of us to at least go once. What I'm still confused is with how us bachelors and bachelorettes are going to do the dating part of the game. Will we play amongst ourselves or involve the audience as our possible dates? That's my main question X_x;

thefinal
06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I think it's going to have to be amongst ourselves because we do have to have this somewhat scripted.

That's why a little earlier I posted about getting audience participation by numbering the bachelors/ettes and picking from a hat, not as the "main date" but the contestants only. We should try to get everyone to at least be the "main character" at least once. Just my opinion though -shrugs-

Inuyasha: Actually it'd be funny if the Bachelor/ette picks you as a contestant and Kagome runs up telling you to sit and that you can't go - lol. Only issue is, it'd make a sad Bachelor/Bachelorette but I guess the other two contestants could walk off with the Bachelor/ette and pimp the person? Lol. We need pimp hats for props if we did that XD

Inuyasha_Kun
06-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I think it's going to have to be amongst ourselves because we do have to have this somewhat scripted.

That's why a little earlier I posted about getting audience participation by numbering the bachelors/ettes and picking from a hat, not as the "main date" but the contestants only. We should try to get everyone to at least be the "main character" at least once. Just my opinion though -shrugs-

Inuyasha: Actually it'd be funny if the Bachelor/ette picks you as a contestant and Kagome runs up telling you to sit and that you can't go - lol. Only issue is, it'd make a sad Bachelor/Bachelorette but I guess the other two contestants could walk off with the Bachelor/ette and pimp the person? Lol. We need pimp hats for props if we did that XD

LOL I love that Idea, I really do! heh nice to know that I think of this kind of stuff at work... x.x WHILE working at goodwill.. oi... yes I have a Kagome and I already talked her into it about doing it like that... O.O I MAY be able to get pimp hats from goodwill, we get them all the time..

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 12:23 AM

You're saying we get numbered, have the audience pick us from a hat, and we go and compete for the main character date? And we switch out enough times so that we can all be a main character date. Okay! I think I got it down ^_^ That's a really good idea, thefinal ( :

shiri_tori
06-13-2007, 12:25 AM
I agree, I first got lost, but then I realized that people were talking the entire time about this situation. The poll idea originally came up for option number 2, and option number 1 pretty much won. The poll for people to come up will make it just pointless for us who signed up, as it'd only make a select few go up, like from popular animes and such. It'd be fair for all of us to at least go once. What I'm still confused is with how us bachelors and bachelorettes are going to do the dating part of the game. Will we play amongst ourselves or involve the audience as our possible dates? That's my main question X_x;

I vote for 'no' on invoving audeince directly--we were considering that last thread--too much of a risk someone could screw it up, sides, it kind of would be a hassle taking advantage of...

No, I also agree with that--it's only fair, I mean, it's not that fun being on the sidelines...

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I vote for 'no' on invoving audeince directly--we were considering that last thread--too much of a risk someone could screw it up...
Screw it up in what way?

thefinal
06-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Well is pulling numbers so bad? It would give everyone an equal chance as long as the host hangs on to the numbers. I mean as it is, we may not be able to do pulling numbers out of a hat as it is because we would need around 5 females, 5 males or possibly more. I still think though the host should surprise us in who has what rounds - this is their event and yes there should be somewhat of a compromise but even if we do no hat pulling with numbers, I think it would really make it less fun if we know who the characters are. It's okay for for the contestants to know, but not for the primary bachelor/ette. At that point, it'd defeat the whole purpose. Give me your feedback though because I mean, I know that this event is going to be a process as it is.

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I agree that the audience should not be directly involved. There are too many opportunities for disaster! O__O I say we go with option 1 straight up, with audience participation strictly limited to heckling and cheering, etc.

As of right now (with Thief Rikku added to the list) we have enough people to do the 1 bachelor(ette), 3 mystery peeps per round, x 3 rounds. However, we could always add in an extra mystery contestant or 2, and it's definitely important to have back-ups lined up, because stuff happens and sometimes things don't work out as planned!

Sooo, what is the general consensus on this? Do we stick with 4 players per round, or up the number to be more inclusive? (oh, and we could always add another hostess so we could have a lovely trio, if there's somebody who feels left out!)

shiri_tori
06-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I agree that the audience should not be directly involved. There are too many opportunities for disaster! O__O I say we go with option 1 straight up, with audience participation strictly limited to heckling and cheering, etc.

As of right now (with Thief Rikku added to the list) we have enough people to do the 1 bachelor(ette), 3 mystery peeps per round, x 3 rounds. However, we could always add in an extra mystery contestant or 2, and it's definitely important to have back-ups lined up, because stuff happens and sometimes things don't work out as planned!

Sooo, what is the general consensus on this? Do we stick with 4 players per round, or up the number to be more inclusive? (oh, and we could always add another hostess so we could have a lovely trio, if there's somebody who feels left out!)

I think four people per round is plenty enough, it's nice and even, and need to start listing whose's who as far as it goes-just for the sake of records...

Well is pulling numbers so bad? It would give everyone an equal chance as long as the host hangs on to the numbers. I mean as it is, we may not be able to do pulling numbers out of a hat as it is because we would need around 5 females, 5 males or possibly more. I still think though the host should surprise us in who has what rounds - this is their event and yes there should be somewhat of a compromise but even if we do no hat pulling with numbers, I think it would really make it less fun if we know who the characters are. It's okay for for the contestants to know, but not for the primary bachelor/ette. At that point, it'd defeat the whole purpose. Give me your feedback though because I mean, I know that this event is going to be a process as it is.

I thought we were going with this option of hat-pulling already--the screen between as well...

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-13-2007, 01:04 AM
So far I've listed all of the characters that have been firmly decided on, and I'm still waiting on a few to give me their best guess.

We definitely need a screen, and the hat-pulling idea is our best bet for secrecy between the primary and mystery bachelors.

Inuyasha_Kun
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM
I would stick around a bit longer, but I have to go to bed, keep me informed of what happens!

thefinal
06-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Well in all honesty - I really don't want to say what character I'm doing if I don't have to. I'll make sure the host has the answers but I intend to change twice while at this event - probably while the guys are up and being questioned by the bachelorette I'll change...but I kinda want to keep the fun going by not saying what character(s) I'll be ^__~

shiri_tori
06-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Well in all honesty - I really don't want to say what character I'm doing if I don't have to. I'll make sure the host has the answers but I intend to change twice while at this event - probably while the guys are up and being questioned by the bachelorette I'll change...but I kinda want to keep the fun going by not saying what character(s) I'll be ^__~

Understandable, I didn't think of it that way...^^;;

Though, I kind of want to jump onto the Bachelor side, since I got my costume back from my friend...though, we seem more in need of bachlorettes, I just hope you guys don't mind Mia Fey from Phoenix Wright, I'd offer Omatsuri Rikku, but we already have a Rikku and my wig is on open mutiny at the moment...:bigcry:

Hee-Hee
06-13-2007, 02:26 AM
^^ Alright, I've read and caught up now. And, just for reference via the first post, my twin's name is Hopie-chan, and she has a c.com account with that name. =D I'll have her get onto this thread the next time she logs on.

thefinal
06-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Okay, probably what needs to happen is Shinobi_Misa and Ama_Uzume need to come up with definite plans on what they want because we've all given quite a bit of input. I wasn't sure if we were doing the hat drawing thing or not - I just know that IF we're able to get together before AF that'd be great, but if not, once we find out what day the event is or what day we're going to hold it, we need to try to meet up before then just so that the hosts can drill us through our questions.

I will find out about what we have at AF to supply as a screen, if not, we will have to bring our own supplies. I'm trying to find out as quickly as possible about any info so that we can kinda get the "ball rolling" on this.

shiri_tori
06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
^^ Alright, I've read and caught up now. And, just for reference via the first post, my twin's name is Hopie-chan, and she has a c.com account with that name. =D I'll have her get onto this thread the next time she logs on.

Dude, you should totally jump in also, we need some more bachelorettes....

thefinal
06-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Hahahahhaa...I can convince one of the bachelors to be a bachelorette :D

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Okay, I've read up, but I think shinobi-san and Ama Uzume-san should tell us when they decide before the con, then at the con we test out the situation before hand and make sure we all understand it and keep an interesting show.

I'd like to add a back up female, in case someone gets sick or something, I'll add Sakura from CCS :3

thefinal
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I should be switching out of cosplay at least twice, but if I don't, it's only because I'm lazy XD. We're going to need "intermissions" - hahaha

shiri_tori
06-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Hahahahhaa...I can convince one of the bachelors to be a bachelorette :D

I've got a Kairi who wants to jump in, anyone mind that? She's kind of hanging back cause she doesn't want to interrupt anything..

thefinal
06-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't mind - I think we need to have extra people anyways just in case and so everyone kinda has a fair chance on "stage"

shiri_tori
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't mind - I think we need to have extra people anyways just in case and so everyone kinda has a fair chance on "stage"

Cool beans, I'll forward her the questions and fill her in on the details as soon as I stop by her place later...she was going to be our Rinoa, but since A-kon peoples didn't respond to us till too late, we really didn't talk about it since.

RanChan03
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
do you still need anymore people? i could do miroku or tamaki?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
do you still need anymore people? i could do miroku or tamaki?
T A M A K I <3333333333333333333333

RanChan03
06-13-2007, 09:51 PM
T A M A K I <3333333333333333333333

yea i will be there without my full host club, as they live out of state. ><

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 11:33 PM
yea i will be there without my full host club, as they live out of state. ><
Be sure to bring roses! Tamaki's nothing without his signature red rose! xP

RanChan03
06-13-2007, 11:57 PM

i've got the roses and the kuma-chan.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/KeiChan03/Mtac%20Prime/TamakiandBear.jpg

it's alot better at the beginning of our host club

3 hours into it and the whole costume kinda got whacky

shiri_tori
06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Have we recieved any word yet from the AF staff, Shinobi_Misa?

...Also, I know we have too many hosts, but...mind if I switch from Mia Fey to Reno from FFVII:AC? If you want, I can even host with ya'll...would diva Haruhi mind though?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
i've got the roses and the kuma-chan.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/KeiChan03/Mtac%20Prime/TamakiandBear.jpg

it's alot better at the beginning of our host club

3 hours into it and the whole costume kinda got whacky
Kumo-chan <3 P.S: Hand sewing the sleeves would make it less puffy at the top :] Very nice though! I like the contacts >:3

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Nope, no word yet!! But it's being taken care of by theFinal, so we're good!

I'd love it if you would be our co-host, Shiri Tori!! I think a trio is always better than a duo! ^__^ And Haruhi promises not to pull any hardcore psycho/diva moments! XDD

Oh! And can I have the nickname of your Kairi so I can add her to the list?

@RanChan03: You've been added to our lovely cast! And you make an adorable Tamaki!!! >w<

shiri_tori
06-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Nope, no word yet!! But it's being taken care of by theFinal, so we're good!

I'd love it if you would be our co-host, Shiri Tori!! I think a trio is always better than a duo! ^__^ And Haruhi promises not to pull any hardcore psycho/diva moments! XDD

Oh! And can I have the nickname of your Kairi so I can add her to the list?

@RanChan03: You've been added to our lovely cast! And you make an adorable Tamaki!!! >w<

Glad you don't mind, Reno is very happy that he'll be surrounded by females.

Sure--my Kairi is Sakurastar89,

Did you recieve the questions btw?

thefinal
06-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Sorry about the delay but I've got to wait for one more person to give me some information before I send out my email to Suzi because it's supposed to be a list of people interested in panels. However, I personally wrote a note for this thread and even if we don't have a panel, I will work on getting us a spot as an alternative. Is that okay?

ERR, when I say "alternative spot", I mean only if we don't have a panel room, I will find another location for us and see if we can "block off" the area and have chairs n' such.

Inuyasha_Kun
06-14-2007, 02:12 AM
haha I am so excited about this show that I already talked to my dad with helping me out with someone the questions, though I havent given him the questions just yet.....

I just hope I do alright participating in the show and not mess up... heh

shiri_tori
06-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Sorry about the delay but I've got to wait for one more person to give me some information before I send out my email to Suzi because it's supposed to be a list of people interested in panels. However, I personally wrote a note for this thread and even if we don't have a panel, I will work on getting us a spot as an alternative. Is that okay?

ERR, when I say "alternative spot", I mean only if we don't have a panel room, I will find another location for us and see if we can "block off" the area and have chairs n' such.

Thanks for the update, I'm glad we're making progress...oh that reminds me, does everyone newly appointed have the questions/being sent the questions?

RanChan03
06-14-2007, 05:11 AM

did you still need any extra people for the event?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the update, I'm glad we're making progress...oh that reminds me, does everyone newly appointed have the questions/being sent the questions?
Err....wha? Questions to ask the bachelors or to be asked? Or just questions in general....

Honey Usagi-chi
06-14-2007, 05:55 AM

I think a nice alternative would be on the top floor of the convention, where the giant hallway of the concert halls are. It's quiet, sunny and a nice hideaway from screaming weirdos :]

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-14-2007, 11:05 AM
@ShiriTori: No problem! ^__^ But nope, I haven't gotten the questions yet.
My email addy is: convoybutterfly@yahoo.com
Sorry for the trouble! >__<

@TheFinal: Thank you for all of your help!!!! You're a goddess!!! *bows*

@RanChan03: Our lineup is still shifting around some, but we can always use extra help! You've been added to the list as a bachelor, so no worries!

@Honey Usagi-chi: The questions are those that the bachelor with ask the mystery contestants. So we need all of our mystery peeps to look them over and have answers planned so things run smoothly. ^__^

Hopie
06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone! I see that my sister, Hee-Hee already let you guys know I was interested. =3 I'll be bringing Theif Rikku~ <3

Honey Usagi-chi
06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
@Honey Usagi-chi: The questions are those that the bachelor with ask the mystery contestants. So we need all of our mystery peeps to look them over and have answers planned so things run smoothly. ^__^
Okieeeee, I get it.

Saibird
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey, I just wanted to clarify that i'd be going as Tobi from Naruto :D
*didn't see it listed yet*

shiri_tori
06-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Hopie-chan, Saibird, Ranchan-03...along with any new arrivals:

Please PM me your email addys so I can send you the questions...

Oh and Shinobi_Misa, are we Hosts going to have a script or questions also, and you kind of forgot Sakurastar89....^^;;

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-15-2007, 08:43 AM
The list has been updated! ^o^

@Shiri Tori: As far as I know, our job is just to introduce the game,primary bachelor and vaguely introduce the mystery contestants, and provide humorous commentary throughout. Unless we want to ask questions too, which is fine with me!

Any suggestions?

shiri_tori
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
The list has been updated! ^o^

@Shiri Tori: As far as I know, our job is just to introduce the game,primary bachelor and vaguely introduce the mystery contestants, and provide humorous commentary throughout. Unless we want to ask questions too, which is fine with me!

Any suggestions?

Yes I agree, we should be the ones to ask questions and make introductions, while making commentary, I was just wondering if we should script it somehow, as an impossible an task as that may seem....^^;;

Ama Uzume
06-17-2007, 08:46 PM
I can't decide between Hawkeye or Poison Ivy to host as. Any suggestions?

Inuyasha_Kun
06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I can't decide between Hawkeye or Poison Ivy to host as. Any suggestions?

Poison Ivy!

thefinal
06-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I second that, Poison Ivy! :)

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-18-2007, 12:30 AM
@Shiri_Tori: Asking the questions works for me! That way we'll have more to do than stand around looking cute! XD

As for scripting, it's something we should definitely do, but I think we need to vaguely know what our contestants' responses will be first.

@Ama: Go for Poison Ivy!! Gingers=WIN!!!

Honey Usagi-chi
06-18-2007, 04:20 AM
@Shiri_Tori: Asking the questions works for me! That way we'll have more to do than stand around looking cute! XD

As for scripting, it's something we should definitely do, but I think we need to vaguely know what our contestants' responses will be first.

@Ama: Go for Poison Ivy!! Gingers=WIN!!!
I think scripting it might actually ruin it. Y'see, people might forget what to respond, and people will only speak in lines and that'll zap the fun out of it, especially for this situation because the point of these things/shows are of people meeting someone they've never met before and wildly being thrown into their world. Having the 'spur of the moment' and the actual surprise of the contestants will make it much more entertaining. And as for sending in questions, I think that depends on who you'll get, and either way, they're just basic questions of getting to know people like "Bachelor #2, what's your favorite past-time?" soooooo, yeah.....

Saibird
06-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I agree. I think that getting questions ahead of time might help, but scripting it could make it turn out very boring

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I totally see what y'all mean, and I think that tight scripting would indeed make things less interesting. I just think that the hosts should have a general idea of what the contestants' answers will be and what our intros should be like. More of a general outline than a script! ^_^

Honey Usagi-chi
06-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I totally see what y'all mean, and I think that tight scripting would indeed make things less interesting. I just think that the hosts should have a general idea of what the contestants' answers will be and what our intros should be like. More of a general outline than a script! ^_^
Hmmm, well, hosts should basically just tease the contestants and their responses, and hopefully that shouldn't be hard unless you fail at conversation (Which I think nobody here does ^^;). And as for intros......I guess you could outline it but it'd have to be spunky and have the basic "Dating Game" thing to it, right?

shiri_tori
06-19-2007, 04:09 AM
Hmmm, well, hosts should basically just tease the contestants and their responses, and hopefully that shouldn't be hard unless you fail at conversation (Which I think nobody here does ^^;). And as for intros......I guess you could outline it but it'd have to be spunky and have the basic "Dating Game" thing to it, right?

I agree, an outline would be nice. Just some form of organization--I just thought since the contestants have lines, maybe we should figure something for the hosts, as well...

...Oh, I know Poison Ivy's the fav. right now, but Hawkeye, is so cool--and it'd be fun to have a stickler host...

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Hmm, I'm now torn between my bias towards fellow gingers (Poison Ivy), and the hillarity that would ensue from having straight-laced kick-ass Riza trapped in a room with a psycho in a bunny outfit and flirty Reno. XD
Um....Go with your heart, Ama!!!!! *<--lamest advice EVER!*

So, are outlines okay with everbody? Don't worry--there's absolutely no way we could possibly 'script' the whole event. That's far too many lines and whatnot for everybody to learn, and would make things too stiff and nerve-wracking. The outline would mainly be so everyone--including people who have never participated in an event like this--will have a loose idea of what's going on, what to expect, and what NOT to say during the actual skit.

thefinal
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Just make sure (hosts) that you create a "portfolio" for our responses because I know I will send in 3 total word documents once I'm done finishing what I want to answer but I don't know what cosplays I'll be wearing first, therefore, as long as I keep it marked with my s/n, I'll mark it at the con (ex: 1, 2, 3)

shiri_tori
06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Just make sure (hosts) that you create a "portfolio" for our responses because I know I will send in 3 total word documents once I'm done finishing what I want to answer but I don't know what cosplays I'll be wearing first, therefore, as long as I keep it marked with my s/n, I'll mark it at the con (ex: 1, 2, 3)

Don't forget, people will have to bring printed out answers at the con with them as well...

Should we have buttons like Bachelor#1, #2, #3? We'll rotate them when it's time for us to depart the stage?

thefinal
06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh I'm bringing my printed out answers as well, but as for the buttons, I guess it doesn't matter -shrugs-

Honey Usagi-chi
06-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Answers? Answers to the questions we get? O_O

thefinal
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
To those participating: Yes, you need to bring a printed out copy of the answers or a "general answer" to the questions that were sent out to you.

Honey Usagi-chi
06-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Haha, I didn't get any questions so my e-mail is usagi[at]zephira.net xD Please fill me in on that O_o;

shiri_tori
06-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Haha, I didn't get any questions so my e-mail is usagi[at]zephira.net xD Please fill me in on that O_o;

Sent--I never recieved your PM, so I was kind of wondering what the deal was...

Honey Usagi-chi
06-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Sent--I never recieved your PM, so I was kind of wondering what the deal was...
Haha, I kinda missed that, and I had another e-mail listed on my profile xP

shiri_tori
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh I'm bringing my printed out answers as well, but as for the buttons, I guess it doesn't matter -shrugs-

Well, it'd be nice to distinguish between bachelors, they're pretty easy to make, I wouldn't mind really...:geek:

Honey Usagi-chi
06-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Alright! I have my answers done for Hikaru and my back up, Sakura :] Yayayayayayays~!

thefinal
06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Lol, I only have like 1/2 my answers for each of my characters...this changing thing is what's going to be tedious. I'll have to see if we can get covered screens for the girls side and the boys side or something because otherwise I'll be running around a lot to go change - haha. Good thing Mexic will have his camcorder set up (or so I hope - lol)

Honey Usagi-chi
06-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Lol, I only have like 1/2 my answers for each of my characters...this changing thing is what's going to be tedious. I'll have to see if we can get covered screens for the girls side and the boys side or something because otherwise I'll be running around a lot to go change - haha. Good thing Mexic will have his camcorder set up (or so I hope - lol)
What about changing in the bathroom? O_O

thefinal
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I could but I wanna avoid going back and forth between the bathroom to change. Lol. Depending where the location of this event will be depends on where I go change. XD

Inuyasha_Kun
06-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I know my camcorder will be set up to record this show ^.^ I have half of my questions answered... they are sort of hard to answer especially with someone like Inuyasha! LOL

MexicAnime
06-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Good thing Mexic will have his camcorder set up (or so I hope - lol)

As long as you remmeber your tripod this time, then it will be..........:bigtu: :toothy:

I still can;t decide on who to bring!!! Mousse or Hidan?? Mousse or Hidan?, baahh, i must see what can scrouge up as answers for each of them, then decide from there, i hope........

shiri_tori
06-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I could but I wanna avoid going back and forth between the bathroom to change. Lol. Depending where the location of this event will be depends on where I go change. XD

Is everyone going to have more than one character? I thought we were waiting for a few more people, just in case?

thefinal
06-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I personally want to change out of my characters because I don't necessarily want to wear the same one every round. It's just my personal choice -shrugs- Because let's say we have the 3 contestants the first round, then when it comes to the female's second round again, I don't want to be the same character -shrugs- I mean, I guess if I have to I will but for now, I know I'm doing 2 for sure.

MexicAnime: Yes I'll be bringing my tripod. Richelle said she'd go to the event so we can have her watch over it -nods- :)

EDIT: HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, IF my character was chosen on two different rounds and won on both, I wouldn't want to be the same character twice. Does this make sense? O_o;;

shiri_tori
06-20-2007, 08:57 PM
I personally want to change out of my characters because I don't necessarily want to wear the same one every round. It's just my personal choice -shrugs- Because let's say we have the 3 contestants the first round, then when it comes to the female's second round again, I don't want to be the same character -shrugs- I mean, I guess if I have to I will but for now, I know I'm doing 2 for sure.

MexicAnime: Yes I'll be bringing my tripod. Richelle said she'd go to the event so we can have her watch over it -nods- :)

EDIT: HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, IF my character was chosen on two different rounds and won on both, I wouldn't want to be the same character twice. Does this make sense? O_o;;

Ahh, I see. Yes, I understand then. Sorry, I mis-interpretted the situation...*headkeyboards*

thefinal
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Lol, don't beat yourself over it ><;; We can't have one of our hosts dying! Especially not death by keyboard... :/

shiri_tori
06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Lol, don't beat yourself over it ><;; We can't have one of our hosts dying! Especially not death by keyboard... :/

Ahh, yes, there are more fun ways to go--like death by over-zealous fangirls...:angel:

thefinal
06-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh god...lol...

I'm good.

XD

Haha, and I just noticed something so I'll PM you in a min XD

Honey Usagi-chi
06-21-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm getting a digital harddrive camcorder for my birthday, and will make sure someone will be recording it for me >:3 I can't pass on never "reliving the moment" Ja?

shiri_tori
06-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm getting a digital harddrive camcorder for my birthday, and will make sure someone will be recording it for me >:3 I can't pass on never "reliving the moment" Ja?

Just wait, this goes well, it will mostly likely hit Youtube...^^;;

thefinal
06-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Hahaha, if it hits youtube we'll definitely have to split up the skits -nods- @_@;; Otherwise it'd be one loooong youtube video XD

If we're lucky and it hits youtube, maybe I can nudge Robert and have him put it on the AF website, granted he'll tell me to go ahead and just slap it on the myspace XD

Inuyasha_Kun
06-22-2007, 01:33 AM
I will also have my camera rolling.. my friend that is playing Kagome (maybe in the third round if I inu is picked) is going to record it.. I need a tripod though... hmm... maybe I can get a cheap one at the goodwill i work at... we will see...

thefinal
06-22-2007, 01:54 AM
If you're not able to find one at goodwill, I think for one weekend a cheapy tripod will work. I only have one and it's extremely old school - I've never bothered to get another one because it works just as well :) Umm, if you can't find one at your job, I would suggest Walmart

Inuyasha_Kun
06-22-2007, 04:00 AM
one should be there at goodwill because I am the one that goes through the crap that we get donated x.x and so I do ship them out to different stores... so hopefully I can get a tripod...

Koda89
06-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Heh, I just noticed something....all the bachelors are bishies(Tobi can be argued as a having a bishie face under his mask)....wow....this is really going to be interesting.

thefinal
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
LOL. I never really thought of that but I guess you're right XD

So many outcomes are going through my head right now and I love it!

shiri_tori
06-24-2007, 01:21 AM
LOL. I never really thought of that but I guess you're right XD

So many outcomes are going through my head right now and I love it!

I'm almost afraid of what crack-pairings we may unleash....^^;;

Hopie
06-24-2007, 06:20 AM
I have a question to ask~.

Okay, so I got the questions for the bachelorettes in my e-mail and stuff.
Do you guys want the answers back from those, or do I keep it to myself?

aaaand.
Not all of the questions pertain to a dating scenario. So. I'm not sure how I like some of them. They don't seem to make sense with a dating game, ya know?

shiri_tori
06-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I have a question to ask~.

Okay, so I got the questions for the bachelorettes in my e-mail and stuff.
Do you guys want the answers back from those, or do I keep it to myself?

aaaand.
Not all of the questions pertain to a dating scenario. So. I'm not sure how I like some of them. They don't seem to make sense with a dating game, ya know?

Oh you bring them with you to the con, so yeah in a way you keep them.

Yeah, we had a huge list of questions last thread, I just took the ones who related to the situation and edited them, believe me, some were more random than these.

..Also some of the questions were meant to get some different reactions, consider them easter egg types....^^;;

thefinal
06-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Hosts: do any of you have a master list of emails for those participating because there is an email that I will need to send out regarding the content of this event. Hosts, I will also need your emails so that I may also talk with you personally about the regards of the content.

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Eek! Sorry I've been so scarce lately, guys! *bows apologetically* I've been really really really busy getting ready for AX, but I promise I'll be on almost permanently when i get back on the 4th. Senshi's Honor! ^w^

Anywhoo, the master list of participant emails is a really good idea, thefinal!

To all of our lovely contestants: Please send your email addies to myself and/or thefinal for future reference!!

Much love to all of you guys, and I'll check in sporadically over the next few days!!

Oh yeah, and crack pairings and random questions for the win!!! I think that we totally need at least a couple of completely random-ass questions, unrelated to all others, just to throw the audience and our primary bachelors off guard. That always makes for good humor! XDD

shiri_tori
06-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Eek! Sorry I've been so scarce lately, guys! *bows apologetically* I've been really really really busy getting ready for AX, but I promise I'll be on almost permanently when i get back on the 4th. Senshi's Honor! ^w^

Anywhoo, the master list of participant emails is a really good idea, thefinal!

To all of our lovely contestants: Please send your email addies to myself and/or thefinal for future reference!!

Much love to all of you guys, and I'll check in sporadically over the next few days!!

Oh yeah, and crack pairings and random questions for the win!!! I think that we totally need at least a couple of completely random-ass questions, unrelated to all others, just to throw the audience and our primary bachelors off guard. That always makes for good humor! XDD

No worries, I have them all collected through PMs, shall I send it to you then? Oh and thefinal, you have my aim, right? Would you like me to send it through there or just PM you?

Oh, and my friend Rob wanted to know if we have any room for a spare Phoenix Wright?

thefinal
06-25-2007, 02:04 AM
shiri_tori: whichever works better for you, you have my sn as well as my email - I just need to make sure some things are clarified since I was able to get some things ironed out on what sort of "language" we can use, which this will actually be most beneficial to inuyasha_kun

Honey Usagi-chi
07-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Quick question, what time and day will this event be held?

thefinal
07-01-2007, 12:29 AM
That is still technically up in the air because Suzi has not gotten her list of panels yet - and unfortunately, I think we kinda have to wait until then.

Shinobi_Misa: You might want to email Suzi actually just to see if a day and time can at least be established. If you don't have her email - PM me so that I may give it to you.

thefinal
07-02-2007, 05:55 PM
since I know shinobi_misa, hopie-chan, shiri_tori, mexicanime, honey_usagi-chi, inuyasha_kun are still part of this event - I need a show of hands of who else is still partaking!

shiri_tori
07-07-2007, 12:07 AM
since I know shinobi_misa, hopie-chan, shiri_tori, mexicanime, honey_usagi-chi, inuyasha_kun are still part of this event - I need a show of hands of who else is still partaking!

I take it that we need a cut off date around this time, correct? I'd feel horrible excluding other people, but I can see where we'd have to draw the line--shall I try and PM the others, or is this it?

Kung_Fu_Candy
07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Yay!!! I'm finally back from Cali and ready to get started on AFest!! (which I am DETERMINED to make better than AX, 'cos there's seriously no way it could be worse! >__<)

Soooooo, let's get started! thefinal, can you pretty please send me that addy?

And does anyone have a suggestion for the day? I'll only be present on Saturday and Sunday, so as long as it's within those boundaries I'm groovy!

As for a cut-off date, do we know who all is still involved, or do we need to message everybody? If we've got our whole cast lined-up and committed, and 3-5 backups just in case, we could cut things off now. Unless we want to add some people to spread the word (i.e. 'pimping us to the masses' XD)

Honey Usagi-chi
07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Hmmm, maybe when the dealers closes on Saturday or something?

Kung_Fu_Candy
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Okay people! We really need to start getting down to business! We need to know--with a reasonable degree of certainty, as in you'll be there unless you're attacked by a chainsaw wielding maniac, etc.--who is still participating!

We also need to know when the best time for everyone would be. There's now a nifty little poll enabled, so please go vote!! Remember: when we have the game could have some bearing on what space we get for the game!

Over the next day or 2 I'll be PMing everyone on our doom list on the first page, so if you're shy feel free to voice your opinions there.

Oh, and we could still use a couple of backups! So if you know any willing participants, send 'em our way!

Honey Usagi-chi
07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
P.S: I have a back-up in case nobody's noticed >.>;

And I still haven't seen a date for the cosplay contest, so there's still unsurity of the time (Stated this in the P.M XD) unless it's posted somewhere around AF, haven't found it...

thefinal
07-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Um, CosPlay Contest is on Saturday - it's on the AF myspace. Concert is on Sunday. So far that is the "verdict", unless something changes, but the band is only able to perform on Sunday night which has caused an unusual schedule for us

Kung_Fu_Candy
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry, Honey Usagi-chi! Who is your backup? I totally didn't notice, so I'll had him/her to the list! ^_^

The AF Myspace lists the Cosplay times as such: Rehearsal-2-4, and the actual contest starting at 7 or 8ish.

So maybe when the time is finalized we can wedge the game into the 3 hour gap, and everyone participating in both can just use the same costumes!

Hee-Hee
07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay, so.. just to check.. the Cosplay Contest has been moved to Saturday? Because it was scheduled for Sunday last time I checked.

Honey Usagi-chi
07-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay! My back-up is Sakura Kinomoto from CCS. Man that'll be a wanker x3

shiri_tori
07-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Okay people! We really need to start getting down to business! We need to know--with a reasonable degree of certainty, as in you'll be there unless you're attacked by a chainsaw wielding maniac, etc.--who is still participating!

We also need to know when the best time for everyone would be. There's now a nifty little poll enabled, so please go vote!! Remember: when we have the game could have some bearing on what space we get for the game!

Over the next day or 2 I'll be PMing everyone on our doom list on the first page, so if you're shy feel free to voice your opinions there.

Oh, and we could still use a couple of backups! So if you know any willing participants, send 'em our way!

Yes, progress~! :bigcry:

Any way...I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but I have a potential Phoenix Wright as back-up--err, contestant--I kinda forgot to mention him earlier...^^;;

Also, I was wondering when if around Friday, everyone can possibly, maybe, sneak away for an hour so we can do some kind of rehearsal or prep work...

Inuyasha_Kun
07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
I can do rehersal any time friday in the evening...

shiri_tori
07-20-2007, 12:02 AM
So, have we recieved any word from the staff on room location and a certain timeslot so we can work rehearsal around?

thefinal
07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
*cough cough* lol, shiri: that's part of our meeting we'll be having this week - so that way I can get with the director and tell her what we want :) I love having those perks - haha

shiri_tori
07-21-2007, 05:09 AM
*cough cough* lol, shiri: that's part of our meeting we'll be having this week - so that way I can get with the director and tell her what we want :) I love having those perks - haha

Oh yeah--*face palms* --well, I guess that the cut-off date for people will also be up for discussion then...

shiri_tori
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, guys--this needs an cut off date, please either email/PM myself or Shinobi_Misa if intrested--simply put there are too many people saying they'll participate then disappear whenever called upon--we have discussed this at length with theFinal and this may end up in the booklet that comes with free registering as well as being on the Myspace page (that is a very hypothetical maybe)--we need solid volunteers who won't hesitate to jump on board for this! It's really simple, just contact one of us and we'll get ya'll started...:chatah:

Miss_Mikado
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow, I'd love to participate.
Just in case if you need one more bachelorette
Naomi Misora = Death Note

If not, that's cool. I can't wait to see how it goes. ^^

Honey Usagi-chi
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm a solid volunteer for this. No way in hell I'm backing out of this one >:3

Kung_Fu_Candy
07-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Miss_Mikado: You have been added to the list!

Okay people, here's how things are standing now: We currently need 2 more people to fill spots (and this number could increase!).

The front page has been updated, and everyone listed now has told me that with reasonable certainty they will be participating!

Check back to the front page for further updates!

shiri_tori
07-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm a solid volunteer for this. No way in hell I'm backing out of this one >:3

You have no idea how grateful we are for that....:rockon:

Karesu
07-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I think I have cleared this with one of you already, but I wish to participate! A what? Ariel from the Little Mermaid (her dress in the 'Kiss The Girl' song. The one she is wearing on my icon.))

Miss_Mikado
07-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Miss_Mikado: You have been added to the list!

Okay people, here's how things are standing now: We currently need 2 more people to fill spots (and this number could increase!).

The front page has been updated, and everyone listed now has told me that with reasonable certainty they will be participating!

Check back to the front page for further updates!

Oh Thank you so much!
I'm so excited! ^^

Kung_Fu_Candy
07-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Karesu: You've been added!

And so have your 2 peeps, Shiri_Tori! So I think we may be set! *crosses fingers*

shiri_tori
07-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Karesu: You've been added!

And so have your 2 peeps, Shiri_Tori! So I think we may be set! *crosses fingers*

I know--I'm so glad! :bigcry: So, I sent a PM your way of the emails from everyone...

Everyone: You'll be getting one last Email from us about the Dating game we went over with thefinal what A-fest staff expects and so that we don't have to have this be a carded event--or worse us be kicked out on our hineys--it's nothing major just some guidelines, like which curse words are acceptable, that you will need two copies (one for our documentation purposes to hand over to staff so they know EXACTLY what is expected, one for you if you need to look over) please note: Unless it's in character for you--like you're cosplaying someone who gets nervous real easy--please just stick to memorizing to your answers--this is going to be pretty scripted, and it would look a little wonky if we had people just reading thier answers--think of this as a mini-skit if you will--you wouldn't want to watch a skit where everyone's just reading thier lines would you?

Other than that--thanks for sticking with this for so long guys--we only have about five weeks left till Afest--let's make this something we'll all be proud of!

Honey Usagi-chi
07-31-2007, 09:30 AM
The problem is for some people who stick to the script completely might get nervous and just recite their lines in monotone. I won't do that, but I can't guarantee everyone won't do that. ): I thought it'd be easier for our answers to just be "outline guides" and we go from there =x

Pee pee pants....

shiri_tori
07-31-2007, 03:21 PM
The problem is for some people who stick to the script completely might get nervous and just recite their lines in monotone. I won't do that, but I can't guarantee everyone won't do that. ): I thought it'd be easier for our answers to just be "outline guides" and we go from there =x

Pee pee pants....

Yes, that will work too--just as long as we don't get freezing or out-right just reading aloud from a sheet of paper. Its prefered that you stick with the answers you wrote down heavily because they're kind of what we guaranteed A-fest staff what would be said, so that we could keep this event PG and not have to card people, but if you deviate a little it's fine.

Like I said, it's just easier on us, so we don't have to worry about unexpected answers that could get us in trouble, one thing to remember is there may be kids there, as well as the fact A-fest is known more for being family oriented.

Inuyasha_Kun
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
O.O I just hope I memorize my lines!!! *gasps and hides and does like osaka off of Azumanga diaoh* Get it together Get it together Get it together....

Inuyasha_Kun
07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Oh! I have a great Idea!!! ^.^ I could have my friend who is coming as Kagome suddenly stand up out of the audience and after my last question have her sit me....while I am sitting down..and I fall back and I am out of the picture... lol

shiri_tori
08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Oh! I have a great Idea!!! ^.^ I could have my friend who is coming as Kagome suddenly stand up out of the audience and after my last question have her sit me....while I am sitting down..and I fall back and I am out of the picture... lol

The only problem I have with that is, the bachlorette isn't supposed to know who the bachlors are till the end--having that would give anyone a BIG hint as to who it is...so, I'm not so sure on the idea--the point of having the screen and all the secrecy then would be null and void--so, no--as cute as that would be--I highly discourage the action...it'd just throw everything off...

Inuyasha_Kun
08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
The only problem I have with that is, the bachlorette isn't supposed to know who the bachlors are till the end--having that would give anyone a BIG hint as to who it is...so, I'm not so sure on the idea--the point of having the screen and all the secrecy then would be null and void--so, no--as cute as that would be--I highly discourage the action...it'd just throw everything off...

haha I see...

So all of the bachlors are going to be behind a screen? or will the bachlorette be behind the screen and the bachlors be out in front?

What about after they know who the bachlors are? LOL I wanna be sat some time during this show.....

Oh! And I already have all my questions answered ^.^ YAY go me! Sorry if Iam hyper right now, I have a convention this weekend and a cosplay picnic as well on sunday!

heh... sorry.. just giving my 2 cents...

shiri_tori
08-01-2007, 01:47 AM
haha I see...

So all of the bachlors are going to be behind a screen? or will the bachlorette be behind the screen and the bachlors be out in front?

What about after they know who the bachlors are? LOL I wanna be sat some time during this show.....

Oh! And I already have all my questions answered ^.^ YAY go me! Sorry if Iam hyper right now, I have a convention this weekend and a cosplay picnic as well on sunday!

heh... sorry.. just giving my 2 cents...

No worries, feedback is what we need to make this all work out smoothly: To put it simply there will be a screen between the bachlors and bachlorette, just like in these old school dating games.

The bachelors will be unmasked much later--like, after the bachlorette has decided on a number, we reveal who that bachlor is, and then reveal who everyone else is--I'm sorry but there seems to be no where you can get that happen, maybe after the show when all of us are just lounging or something...?

Don't worry about it--I think most of us are pumped about the uncoming convention...:angel2:

Inuyasha_Kun
08-01-2007, 06:58 AM
No worries, feedback is what we need to make this all work out smoothly: To put it simply there will be a screen between the bachlors and bachlorette, just like in these old school dating games.

The bachelors will be unmasked much later--like, after the bachlorette has decided on a number, we reveal who that bachlor is, and then reveal who everyone else is--I'm sorry but there seems to be no where you can get that happen, maybe after the show when all of us are just lounging or something...?

Don't worry about it--I think most of us are pumped about the uncoming convention...:angel2:

More then a couple of paged back I talked with someone... that IF the bacholorette picks my number.. then I will be revealed.....and then right in the middle of me coming up to the bacholorette, Kagome walks in and sees me.... and then she SITS me... and as I am slamed into the ground the other two are revealed and walk away with the bacholorette, on in each arm...... I think it would be a good way to end the round in a comedy effect...

Or not... heh just saying....

shiri_tori
08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
More then a couple of paged back I talked with someone... that IF the bacholorette picks my number.. then I will be revealed.....and then right in the middle of me coming up to the bacholorette, Kagome walks in and sees me.... and then she SITS me... and as I am slamed into the ground the other two are revealed and walk away with the bacholorette, on in each arm...... I think it would be a good way to end the round in a comedy effect...

Or not... heh just saying....

Like I said, it's a VERY cute idea, but there just seems to be no way I can see it working out--I'm very sorry, but I just can't see it happening. We have just too much things to cram into the short amount of time we're going to have the room, and the bachlorette can really only pick one date anyways, so it'd just be kind of wonky...

Maybe next year though?

Inuyasha_Kun
08-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Another Question.........WHEN the bacholorette picks one of us.... are they going to say anything else? Because I'm not that good at improvising.....you know what I mean?

There are going to be some comments after the bacholor gets picked...because I am sure that no on is going to walk off the stage without saying anything..hehe

shiri_tori
08-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Another Question.........WHEN the bacholorette picks one of us.... are they going to say anything else? Because I'm not that good at improvising.....you know what I mean?

There are going to be some comments after the bacholor gets picked...because I am sure that no on is going to walk off the stage without saying anything..hehe

It's really going to be more along the lines of: "Well, Ms. which one do you want?" And then she'll pick one--nothing like a big speech. It's more like you chose the person, then you sit down with them till the last round. You can go on a play date afterwards, and Me and Shinobi_misa were working on some prizes that the contestants receive but other than that, nothing really requires much ad-libbing...

shiri_tori
08-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Okay guys--it's finally time--the last day! Thanks to everyone who's so far volunteered, unfortunately we are now taking NO volunteers. Yup, this is the agreed cut-off date, unless you have a very extreme emergency or at the last minute just found this thread please PM me or Shinobi_Misa, other than that hope to see ya'll next year.

To Participants:
Also, I sent out a letter (finally) to those involved with the game, please alert me via PM if you did not recieve!

Kung_Fu_Candy
08-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Hiyas!! So, we established at our meeting awhile ago that the starting-time window for the Dating Game will be between 11am and 2pm on Sunday. Now 'tis time to pick an actual time so we can post it in the gathering thread and effectively pimp our cause. XD

Sooooo, any input? Remember: 11am-2pm on Sunday! *motivational thumbs up*

Honey Usagi-chi
08-10-2007, 11:18 PM
I thought we'd be doing this Saturday during the wait for the cosplay competition D= If it's Sunday I'm not sure I can make it now.... My sister is usually tired and bitchy so we leave Sunday morning x3

Darn.

shiri_tori
08-11-2007, 04:32 AM
I thought we'd be doing this Saturday during the wait for the cosplay competition D= If it's Sunday I'm not sure I can make it now.... My sister is usually tired and bitchy so we leave Sunday morning x3

Darn.

Aww, I'm so sorry! It's just we had to go through getting a Panel room, then getting one with Mikes, it was really tough--hopefully you can still make it? If not totally understandable...I'm carpooling myself so I understand when you're pressed to leave...

Hiyas!! So, we established at our meeting awhile ago that the starting-time window for the Dating Game will be between 11am and 2pm on Sunday. Now 'tis time to pick an actual time so we can post it in the gathering thread and effectively pimp our cause. XD

Sooooo, any input? Remember: 11am-2pm on Sunday! *motivational thumbs up*
Hmm, well I'm good for a Noonish deal, that is if others don't mind--also, Shinobi_Misa, I don't know if thefinal told you this, but we're going to have Microphones...*does a digital high-five*

...Also already making plans to make the seperating screen...let's just hope my calculations aren't off...*crosses fingers*

Inuyasha_Kun
08-11-2007, 08:57 AM
I am good for noonish... lol that way I can get up in enough time to get my ass ready... *snickers* So noonish is good for me on Sunday.....

So are we going to have a rehersal friday or saturday?

Kung_Fu_Candy
08-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Ooh, digital high-fives are definitely in order!! *throws confetti and does happy dance*

Noonish works great for me!

Honey Usagi-chi
08-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Well, now I totally can't guarantee me being there, but I think I can. My sister said no later than 3 though >_>;

shiri_tori
08-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, now I totally can't guarantee me being there, but I think I can. My sister said no later than 3 though >_>;

Oh that's wonderful, good news definately! Though, I hope didn't put too much of a strain on your sister, this shouldn't be that long...^^;;

Karesu
08-13-2007, 06:23 PM
AHHHHHH! *dies* Did i not get an E-mail or something? I think I was missed, by accident. I don't have questions. *spazzes* although I don't think its ganna take me that long to answer them because I ish a writer! ^^

Miss_Mikado
08-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Karesu: Its ok. I"m sure she'll send you one. I got one of the rules and other instructions...which I'm a bit confused on. *faints*

Kung_Fu_Candy
08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Karesu: Sorries!! If you give me your email addy, I'll send you a copy.

edit: Hold that thought! My email account has eaten my own copy of the questions, so could somebody forward me a copy? Kyaaaaaah, I feel like such a dork! >__<

Miss_Mikado: No worries! If you have any questions or problems, let me know and I'd be happy to help out in any way I can!

So, are we good with 12 o'clock for our start time? If so, I'll add the info to the gathering thread!

Karesu
08-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Okay awesome. Its

itachi_forever@yahoo.com

Thats also for any fellow dating-game people that need it, or just want to drop me a line, okay? ^^

shiri_tori
08-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Karesu: Its ok. I"m sure she'll send you one. I got one of the rules and other instructions...which I'm a bit confused on. *faints*

Karesu: Sorries!! If you give me your email addy, I'll send you a copy.

edit: Hold that thought! My email account has eaten my own copy of the questions, so could somebody forward me a copy? Kyaaaaaah, I feel like such a dork! >__<

Okies, sorry for the late arrivals--I totally thought I'd forwarded ya'll copies but I guess not, I'll be sending those out ASAP.

Miss_Mikado: Like Shinobi_Misa said, totally feel free to drop her or me a line on anything that you feel you need clarified, we're here to help...

Karesu: Like I stated, the questions are now on their way--they aren't too difficult, though there is 14 of them so they may take some time. Just be sure to memorize your answers and you'll do just fine...

Please do not forget there is going to be a rehersal on Friday night--and those who cannot make it need to contact me ASAP, so I can make arrangements for us to meet once again--it's really painless, I just need to go over your answers and screen them for any thing that could potentionally get us kicked out--with an Anime Fest staffer at my side, please keep in mind that everyone's going to be uber busy so talking with me as soon as you can is key...

Kung_Fu_Candy
08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
One last check-in before I post the time in the gathering thread:

Is 12:00 a good time for everybody, or would 12:30 or 11:30 be better?

thefinal
08-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Ummm...whoa. I'm trying my hardest to get in contact with the woman who coordinates all this for us but she is rather busy. Sorry, but there's no "say" of when people want to start other than we're shooting for 12p. I don't mean to come off as rude about it at all, but this is something we're getting so close and even in my own opinion, it's not something to really mess around with since it's a panel room and not a photoshoot/gathering. I promise, I'm trying all I can to get in contact with Suzi to get her final say because I've requested that we start at 12p since that seemed to be the general time for everyone and trying to make sure we have the panel room until probably around 2p ~ seeing that hosts, we might have to discuss some things again on how many rounds we're having and otherwise.

Sorry for my delay in a response but I've been rather busy ~.~;;

Honey Usagi-chi
08-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Noon is good for me. :3

Inuyasha_Kun
08-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Question, is the friday night rehersal need to be a costume rehersal or what?

Honey Usagi-chi
08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
When will the Friday night rehearsal be? =x

shiri_tori
08-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Question, is the friday night rehersal need to be a costume rehersal or what?

Not really, I know I'm going to be showing up in my Fanboy!Axel cosplay, so it's really up to you, it isn't so much as a rehersal per se, but just a last minute run through of things...

When will the Friday night rehearsal be? =x

We're aiming for at least Nine-ish, maybe eight-ish, just a good time that most should've arrived by...

I am however still trying to find a good solid location for it all though...

thefinal
08-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Friday night you will NOT have to be in cosplay unless you want to be or you are already. It's just something so we can check your lines to make sure everything is roughly memorized for one, appropriate, and I will need one hard copy of your answers "just in case". I'm going to be up most of Friday into Saturday so if you all want to start suggesting times for Friday ~ go for it :3

shiri_tori
08-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Friday night you will NOT have to be in cosplay unless you want to be or you are already. It's just something so we can check your lines to make sure everything is roughly memorized for one, appropriate, and I will need one hard copy of your answers "just in case". I'm going to be up most of Friday into Saturday so if you all want to start suggesting times for Friday ~ go for it :3

Is Eight or Nineish good then? I'm trying to figure out a place to meet for all of us really--I just don't know anywhere else besides the fountains....^^:;

Honey Usagi-chi
08-16-2007, 06:32 PM
We could meet by the cafe/bar/shop that's close by the fountain :3

shiri_tori
08-17-2007, 12:55 AM
We could meet by the cafe/bar/shop that's close by the fountain :3

If it's not too crowded, that'd be fine with me...

Inuyasha_Kun
08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
This is my first time coming to AnimeFest...so... I am going to have to get to practice early so I can find the place... x.x AnimeFest Newbie here...

Karesu
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Noon is good. I won't be there Friday night, so I need someone to give me the rundown before we do it. I am trying to convince my ride to get there at the time the con really starts, and it might work too because she knows that I really need to go.

Ugh its so close!

shiri_tori
08-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Noon is good. I won't be there Friday night, so I need someone to give me the rundown before we do it. I am trying to convince my ride to get there at the time the con really starts, and it might work too because she knows that I really need to go.

Ugh its so close!

Don't worry if you're having ride troubles as I've stated before, we're just going to need to arrange a brief fifteen to twenty minutes where we can meet up and just screen your answers right quick...

thefinal
08-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Okay, I've officially got the word from Suzi that we will be starting at 12p on Sunday and we'll have the panel room until 2p. Hopefully this will be enough time for us all and maybe if we finish early enough we can kick the audience out of the room and just hang out for a while :D

As for rehearsal, since there haven't been many suggestions, please be prepared for a non-dress rehearsal at 8pm. You can come in whatever cosplay you're in at the time if you wish, just make sure you bring your 2 copies of your script and if you need one for yourself. I second the cafe idea and if it's full, regardless hopefully I can get a little sign and we'll meet in between the cafe and the escalators. For those of you that cannot make this rehearsal, please please please pm myself along with the hosts so that we may schedule a time to meet with you on Saturday.

For those of you that don't know where the cafe is:
When you enter the hotel from the main entrance you will see the check-in desks to your left and the fountain with escalators to your right. You want to go to the little cafe next to the fountain. If you don't see a sign with us there, then that means we're closer to the back end of the cafe more so by the wall just to stay out of people's way. If you have any questions on how to get to any place, please feel free to PM me.

We do not know as of now which panel room we have but hopefully I can direct you to it once we have our rehearsal.

Any questions??

Honey Usagi-chi
08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, I'm organizing a photoshoot 7:30 PM Friday, so I'm not 100% I'll make it on time, so should I PM/email my questions to you just in case?

thefinal
08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I can wait until 10p for people so anytime between 8p-10p Friday night if you're able to make it would be good - if not, just pm myself along with shiri_tori and shinobi_misa saying you need to meet up with us on Saturday and hopefully we have a time that myself and one of them can fit in. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

shiri_tori
08-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Okay, I've officially got the word from Suzi that we will be starting at 12p on Sunday and we'll have the panel room until 2p. Hopefully this will be enough time for us all and maybe if we finish early enough we can kick the audience out of the room and just hang out for a while :D

As for rehearsal, since there haven't been many suggestions, please be prepared for a non-dress rehearsal at 8pm. You can come in whatever cosplay you're in at the time if you wish, just make sure you bring your 2 copies of your script and if you need one for yourself. I second the cafe idea and if it's full, regardless hopefully I can get a little sign and we'll meet in between the cafe and the escalators. For those of you that cannot make this rehearsal, please please please pm myself along with the hosts so that we may schedule a time to meet with you on Saturday.

For those of you that don't know where the cafe is:
When you enter the hotel from the main entrance you will see the check-in desks to your left and the fountain with escalators to your right. You want to go to the little cafe next to the fountain. If you don't see a sign with us there, then that means we're closer to the back end of the cafe more so by the wall just to stay out of people's way. If you have any questions on how to get to any place, please feel free to PM me.

We do not know as of now which panel room we have but hopefully I can direct you to it once we have our rehearsal.

Any questions??

Alright, compiling all this an sending out to any contestants who've missed the news.

Also, I just bought the prizes, only thing left to do is the screen--which unfortunately is looking VERY VERY iffy right now. So, let's keep our fingers crossed at the moment....^^;;

Saejima
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
This sounds abit interesting ^^

xBunnyCakesx
08-24-2007, 08:05 AM
O_O Omg, is it too late to ask for me to participate?

shiri_tori
08-25-2007, 02:36 AM
O_O Omg, is it too late to ask for me to participate?

Unfortunately yes it is...we had a cut off date around the 10th...^^;;

But there's always (hopefully if this turns out well) next year!

Inuyasha_Kun
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
question! I need to know who all participated in the game! Well.......I need their names on here and the character that they played!

I am right now as we speak recording the video into the computer!