PDA

View Full Version : Sunday cosplay?

Lillyxandra
04-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Do a lot people cosplay on Sunday??

Psychotic Jei
04-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Mosy people I know..skip out on Sunday. Me personally, I cosplay an easy costume on the last day.

Michi
04-24-2003, 12:06 AM
A lot? No. A few? Yes. :P It's pretty dead from what I've noticed.. I've gone three times and never cosplayed Sunday; in fact last year I left Saturday night. @_@ I might wear a very simple outfit the last day, I dunno yet.. or I'll be at Disneyland.. XD Heh.

RoseDuelist
04-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Yeah, Sunday is so short it's hardly even worth going. But if you want to be the center of attention go for it! I might do that because so few people cosplay.. lol. All mine! HAHAHAA!.. lol. j/k

Lillyxandra
04-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the input, I wont be arriving to the con until Thursday night. Ok so hereís my next question...Ill be bringing 3 costumes, Should I...
A. Wear 2 costumes on Saturday
B. Wear one costume on each day (Friday-Sunday)

Ha! You didnít think you were going to take a quiz when you entered this thread did you!! Suckers :P

Studmaster
04-24-2003, 11:47 AM
LOL @ Lilly's last post.

I say wear one on each day if you don't feel the pressing need to wear 2 on Saturday. I know I'll be going as Gallows on Sunday at Anime Expo, so it should be pretty hot.

Psychotic Jei
04-24-2003, 02:46 PM
I always end up dragging six or so costumes. Like sometimes people want old cosplay for whatever reason...so I just drag it along if they ask me about it. I can go jump into the costume for a bit.

Michi
04-24-2003, 08:06 PM
I'd say wear one on Friday, two on Saturday.. unless you don't mind your Sunday costume being not-so-seen. It depends on what you enjoy doing.

Waitasec, Studmaster, WA gathering is Sunday? O_x;;; *goes to check plans*

Mandy Mitchell
04-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Lately, I haven't been cosplaying on Sundays unless it's a costume that's not so elaborate. The con usually dies by 3pm. Plus you have the hassle of packing up and checking out of your hotel room.

jen_kat
04-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Before I found out that the Fruits Basket gathering was at 12 on Sunday, I wasn't really planning to cosplay on that day. But my costume's pretty simple; it could probably double as normal wear after the con.

So, yeah, I second what everyone else is saying about wearing something simple if you plan on cosplaying on Sunday.

sefie_tilmitt
04-25-2003, 03:25 PM
I didn't cosplay on Sunday my first year at AX, and then when I had my cosplay partner with me I did last year, and loved it. Even though it is pretty slow on Sundays, it's a lot of fun. Or, if you have a costume you want to test-run for another convention, try that on Sunday so you don't have a ton of things to worry about, like busy schedules or rushing to a ton of panels.

Sana-chan
04-26-2003, 10:32 AM
I cosplayed on Sunday, but I didn't go too elaborate. Don't wear something you want a lot of people to see and take pictures of because Sunday tends to be a tad slow. It was still fun for me, though. What we did was in the morning put all our bags back in the car so we didn't hafta worry about lugging them all in costume and stuff. It wasn't so bad.

Yokosho Shinzu
04-26-2003, 09:37 PM
That's cool!!!!!