PDA

View Full Version : Convention withdraw

RichAyanami
04-24-2003, 08:33 PM
So is anyone else experiencing convention withdraw right now? ..or maybe it's just me. I had oh sooo much fun at AB and I come back to school, and yes I'm on break, but there's nobody here, I have nothing to do, and con is still fresh on my mind. Last night I was actually looking up all the upcoming cons that I could possibly go to. Oof.... I'm sucha con geek... XP

Tribble
04-24-2003, 08:56 PM
This was my first con and Im already hooked, heh. Sure wish AB had lasted longer causeI'm definately hungering to goto more now. I've even begun planning my next few cosplays in preparation :D .

hikura
04-24-2003, 10:24 PM
This was my first full weekend at an "offical" anime con.I am hooked like a pocky crazed madman(wait i am already one of those lol).I miss it to.I had lots of fun.I miss hanging out with so many people with similiar intrests.And like tribble and you richayanami i am looking and planing for future events.I am planing on two game charcters as my next two cosplay costumes.BTW richayanami i did not get a pic of you but i liked hwo you were dressed. :)

Michi
04-24-2003, 10:46 PM
I dunno if I should be posting, but I haven't been to a con since October so I'm experiencing intense convention withdrawal. :P Poo on you guys for being at once so recently, heh.

hikura
04-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Poor michi.I feel sorry for you.I really do.6 months without a con of any sort.I know i would go crazy.

MrWonderfulToji
04-24-2003, 11:40 PM
*walks into thread nonchalantly*
*pulls out bubble gun*
ok everybody be cool this is a thread hijack!
*shoots bubbles in the air*
this is now "MICHICON"
enjoy!
sean

Claireon
04-24-2003, 11:43 PM
I always get con withdrawal... and Rocky Horror withdrawal, but that's another story :p... although for some reason I wasn't as "into" AB as I'd been into other cons, so it's not so strong this time.

I'm trying to figure some way for it to be plausible for me to hit next Otakon, Shoujocon, and Philly Classic Con... but that's looking like a bit much :(

shiroi_yukiko
04-24-2003, 11:49 PM
It's worse than ever! I was only at AB for a day, but before that I hadn't been to a con in over a year. *_* And I still have to wait for July before I get to go to another one!

Riveraria
04-24-2003, 11:57 PM
I'm haveing serious con withdrawal hopefully Otakon will be my next con ^_^ yay

poor Michi, I feel bad too

Shadow Lady
04-25-2003, 12:01 AM
It been nearly a month since Sakura Con and I just got over my Con withdrawl.

I only go to one Con a year since I can't afford to travel. Thats why I make the best of it when I go.

I already can't wait untill next years Sakura Con. :D

RichAyanami
04-25-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Michi
I dunno if I should be posting, but I haven't been to a con since October so I'm experiencing intense convention withdrawal. :P Poo on you guys for being at once so recently, heh.

Michi, Claire, Shadow Lady, Thank you! I knew I was spelling something wrong!! I've been pretty out of it for a few days, going on mostly ramen, sleep, more ramen, and more sleep....

Ok, so it's down to this. I figure the cheapest way for me to go to cons is to staff. And I could probably find one to staff every few months... So right now I'm looking at staffing Yuricon (yes, Yuricon!), and then I can go to Otakon, and by then I'll have found the next one I can staff...
*wild-eyed-and-crazed-otaku look in my eyes.... 9.9

TyJILDown
04-25-2003, 03:42 AM
I am having a bit of withdrawl, thankfully I will probably be at Akon which shall be nice to be able to go to a con before Otakon ^^;;;

allo
04-25-2003, 06:54 AM
ooooo I miss all the people the most! everone around here is borriinngg :P
~allo (who cannot wait to go to next anime convention, and is also broke)

number18
04-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Yeah, withdrawal is bad.

I got my wig from witchwigs.com today, so now I have even more desire to go to a con with my "real" wig this time.

I wanted to go to the NE Cosplayers picnic, but then I realized it was just a week away a couple of days ago...and I really wanted to go, since it's being held in Philly. Oh well. But now I'm all crazy about planning another cosplay picnic. Cosplay is so damn enjoyable...or really I should just say hanging out with people you share interests with is. I am not sure about many of you, but I don't think anyone close to me is interested in cosplay. I'm not really sure about #17 becomming a frequent con-goer, but we'll see. He isn't as big an otaku as I am...perhaps more a gamer, but still. And my boyfriend is an otaku kinda, but not on the same level as me (I am starting to sound UBER nerdy).

So yes, con-going and cosplaying are such new exciting things to me, I am having serious withdrawal...and can't wait till this Boston picnic thing Koumori is whipping up!

=runs off screaming with embarassment at such a NERDY post=

Koumori
04-25-2003, 01:29 PM
I've never been crazy about cons, but it's always cool to meet people and hang out. Now, at least, I've got projects (White Mage Yuna - gotta finish that - and Preventers Lady Une) for A-Kon, so I'm keeping busy till the next one.

lialia
04-25-2003, 02:22 PM
toji back off the bubble gun is mine *points to gallery*

*hits you with giant blob of green jello*

muahaha boy did that feel good

*adds jello mix to the bubble solution* whos hijacking who? ;P

anime boston was far too short i was gonna take a month off from costuming but this stuff is worse than heroin(not really but u get the idea)

JacksUsername
04-25-2003, 02:28 PM
hehe, yeah, I was planning on taking a break as well, but I just started laying out my plans for Otakon so I'm all hyped and can't wait to start piecing the costumes together....although I do miss the whole week that built up to AB, it was sooooooooo much fun .

Must keep busy to keep mind off of the con *searches for random stuff* :P

MrWonderfulToji
04-25-2003, 03:29 PM
*looks at lialia*
bet you didn't see this one coming!
*points behind you*
*runs away in a terrified fashion.*
*unless you were offering to make me jello*
*jello is yum.*
yea. con withdraw kinda sucks, but its more like I just have a great time at cons while I'm there, then when I get home, I just start thinking bout all the costumes I have to make, and I don't have much time to be sad....
sean

Gothic_Lulu
04-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Blarg...I have it right now lol....hopefully I can make it to more cons this summer because I can't during the school year because I have missed a month of school 0_o;;;

I was going to take a break from making costumes but now I have the urge to make a Ultimecia costume lol and a bunch of other costumes...

Cons are evil....>:P

allo
04-26-2003, 05:06 PM
^_^
~Shinji

Michieru
04-28-2003, 01:32 PM
I definitely could relate. I just sorta feel lonely, not knowing what to expect next. This was my first convention, and yet I'm still trying to figure out if anyone else from Connecticut ever went there. I'm probably getting another big break when I go to Connecticon this July. Its just not the same anymore, ya know, going back to your own little world, going back to the same old stuff. I wish there could be someway to take away this sadness from all of us, knowing that missing all the great memories from there right now is major snoozeville.

OnnanoOtaku
05-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Ooh...such...con...withdrawal...I'm trying to do everything I can to find one that's nearby!! Maybe Shoujocon...but anyway...I'm broke! What could be worse than having con withdrawal and being broke?!?! I need a job ;_;

wacko
05-07-2003, 09:39 PM
I wanna go to Otakon sooo bad!! It would be my first time there

kitty_neko
05-07-2003, 09:44 PM
gah, i cant wait for my next con! (not completely sure which it'll be though... @.@;; )
the week i got back from AB, i couldnt concentrate at all! in math, i kept seeing the triangles as having little faces instead of trying to figure out the measures of sides and such... ^_^;;; actually, im still doing that XD