PDA

View Full Version : Looking for shoes / socks

Magical_Sheep
05-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Maybe someone either has a pair that I can buy or can commission. I've been completely unable to find shoes like these, nor high enough socks, so I'm hoping that I could get some help (despite the fact that I'm cutting it a little close). I have a pair of shoes I can use as a backup I suppose, but they are black so they will need painting, and the last time I painted shoes, it didn't go well at all.

Anyway, here are a few pictures. They would need to be about a size 8.5 or 9.

Atashi
05-31-2007, 06:31 PM
What's your deadline and budget for the shoes/socks? I suppose finding bright red mary janes in women's sizes is hard; have you tried looking in secondhand/thrift shops? As for the socks, I think you can take a normal pair of thigh-highs and sew a ring of lace around the top to mimic Sakura's socks...

Sakura_Chang
05-31-2007, 07:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/DANSKO-Mary-Jane-Burgundy-36-NEW-Stylish-and-comfy_W0QQitemZ270124958684QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6388 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the closest one i've found. on ebay atleast. it's not the right size for you. but you can search around using the info in the auction.

Kanira
05-31-2007, 08:13 PM
You can also get your average mary janes and simply paint them red; cosplaysupplies.com carries absolutely excellent shoe dye.