PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek 2007

Arlette
05-31-2007, 02:49 PM
OK, I'm a big nerd but I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask if anyone is planning Star Trek costumes for this year? My immediate group of friends and I are doing a group, but I thought with the influx of Next Gen guests that are scheduled to appear, I would ask if anyone else is.

Darth Takeo
05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
No costumes but I am lovin' the guests! How cool is it gonna be to meet Riker, Data, the Holographic Doctor, AND.... Q! I'm pumpedddddddd!!!!

Michi
05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
;______________;

I really want to make a TNG costume this year since it's the 20th anniversary, but oh MAN. DragonCon is the weekend after I go to Japan. Sad times. If you do TNG cosplay, I MUST see!

Arlette
06-01-2007, 08:51 AM
No costumes but I am lovin' the guests! How cool is it gonna be to meet Riker, Data, the Holographic Doctor, AND.... Q! I'm pumpedddddddd!!!!

I know! I've actually already met all of them except John DeLancie, but I'm super excited about finally meeting him because as an author he usually does book signings and not real guest appearances. And he never does signings near me! And since Brent Spiner is my absolute favorite ever, the last time I met him I made sure to wear a cute outfit and just be as normal as possible so that he would think I'm cool or something. XD But this time I don't care, so I'm just going to be another costumed weirdo! ^_~

I really want to make a TNG costume this year since it's the 20th anniversary, but oh MAN. DragonCon is the weekend after I go to Japan. Sad times. If you do TNG cosplay, I MUST see!

Booooooooo!!! Stupid Japan, ruining everything! XD I'm hoping to do Sela, if I can find appropriate Romulan-like fabric. The Klingon Party is totally ON this year! It's getting invaded! XD

Michi
06-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Booooooooo!!! Stupid Japan, ruining everything! XD I'm hoping to do Sela, if I can find appropriate Romulan-like fabric. The Klingon Party is totally ON this year! It's getting invaded! XD

hahaha I know, I keep complaining about not being able to attend U.S. events because I'll be in Japan, and it's really silly of me... Oh well.

That will be totally awesome, though!! I can't wait to see. ^____^

ravenmist
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a friend persuading me to do a Star Trek TNG costume, but I have no time to add another costume to my already growing list. That and I already have my costumes set-up for D*Con. =( Oh wells. I'll be happy to see other ST cosplayers out there! I'm sooo excited. I hope I get to meet Jonathan Frakes. Finally! I met Marina Sirtis last year...what a nice person. She's very sweet and I can't wait to meet her again.
Can't wait to see everyone!!

Arlette
06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
I have a friend persuading me to do a Star Trek TNG costume, but I have no time to add another costume to my already growing list. That and I already have my costumes set-up for D*Con. =( Oh wells. I'll be happy to see other ST cosplayers out there! I'm sooo excited. I hope I get to meet Jonathan Frakes. Finally! I met Marina Sirtis last year...what a nice person. She's very sweet and I can't wait to meet her again.
Can't wait to see everyone!!

Well, depending on who you wanted to cosplay as, it's really easy to find the uniforms online. I would NEVER bother making my own TNG uniform, because it's like...What's the point? The official costumes are just fine, and everyone uses them. Actually, my husband is going to be Data for me (my favorite character EVER) and he's going to be wearing a store bought uniform that I've actually had since Halloween when I was 13. XD The only reason it fits him is because it's very stretchy and it is an ADULT uniform, so it was always too big for me.

KittyCanuck
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I would NEVER bother making my own TNG uniform, because it's like...What's the point? The official costumes are just fine, and everyone uses them.

If you're not average-sized (like me - I'm short!) the office ones don't work too well. ^_~

Besides, it's sorta like commissioning a costume vs making one (only a hell of a lot cheaper! ^_~). You can buy Yuna costumes all over eBay, but most people still prefer to make their own.

Blah, blah, blah, back to Star Trek!
I don't have time to add a Star Trek costume to my list this year; all my days are scheduled with other costumes.
Although... a couple of them involve wearing crazy shoes, and it might be a good idea to bring a "spare" costume that's as easy to wear as something from TNG.
D'oh! I just talked myself into making yet another costume! @_@

Arlette
06-04-2007, 03:05 PM
If you're not average-sized (like me - I'm short!) the office ones don't work too well. ^_~

Besides, it's sorta like commissioning a costume vs making one (only a hell of a lot cheaper! ^_~). You can buy Yuna costumes all over eBay, but most people still prefer to make their own.

Blah, blah, blah, back to Star Trek!
I don't have time to add a Star Trek costume to my list this year; all my days are scheduled with other costumes.
Although... a couple of them involve wearing crazy shoes, and it might be a good idea to bring a "spare" costume that's as easy to wear as something from TNG.
D'oh! I just talked myself into making yet another costume! @_@

Ah, but I bet you can't be much shorter than me! XD 5'0" and I was able to wear the small sized women's uniform way back in the day with little problem. You might just need to take in the sides a bit, but to me that's little price to pay for buying the pre-made uniform. I'm all about making it yourself! Go for it! But there's no way I would bother with all that panning technique and whatnot. And depending on the uniform, I know for a while the female ones were one piece. It'll be a cold day in hell before I try to make another bodysuit/jumpsuit any time soon! XD The uniform my friend had back when we were 13 was a one piece women's medical (blue) uniform.

KittyCanuck
06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Ah, but I bet you can't be much shorter than me! XD 5'0" and I was able to wear the small sized women's uniform way back in the day with little problem. You might just need to take in the sides a bit, but to me that's little price to pay for buying the pre-made uniform. I'm all about making it yourself! Go for it! But there's no way I would bother with all that panning technique and whatnot. And depending on the uniform, I know for a while the female ones were one piece. It'll be a cold day in hell before I try to make another bodysuit/jumpsuit any time soon! XD The uniform my friend had back when we were 13 was a one piece women's medical (blue) uniform.

Hrm, did they release the uniform multiple times? I had a women's small once, and I swam in the thing. Granted, I hadn't finished growing, but I wasn't that much shorter than I am now, and I'm taller than you (5'3"). Maybe I just had a weird one? I'll have to look into it again, perhaps. ^_^

I believe all the uniforms were one-piece originally, not just the females... at least the ones on the show were. Not sure about official costumes/patterns. I think they switched to two-piece because it was too hard on the actors.

Arlette
06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Hrm, did they release the uniform multiple times? I had a women's small once, and I swam in the thing. Granted, I hadn't finished growing, but I wasn't that much shorter than I am now, and I'm taller than you (5'3"). Maybe I just had a weird one? I'll have to look into it again, perhaps. ^_^

I believe all the uniforms were one-piece originally, not just the females... at least the ones on the show were. Not sure about official costumes/patterns. I think they switched to two-piece because it was too hard on the actors.

Yup, you're right about that! In the beginning, before they switched in season three and had the collars on their uniforms, they were all one piece. But I remember the one my friend had was the more "modern" uniform (the one with the collar) but the uniform itself was still one piece. I think they kept the female versions like that, even on the show, if I'm remembering correctly. Which I'm probably not, since I can't remember anything. XD But anyway, the guys definitely wear a two piece uniform. I'm gonna have my hubby just wear altered slacks, because he won't be comfortable in anything else. He's picky.

ravenmist
06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks Arlette! I may wait until another con to do Star Trek. It's been in the back of my mind for a while now. Who knows! Maybe next D*Con I'll join y'all in that group. I definitely plan on going as long as I'm living in Georgia.

I can't believe you still have a Star Trek costume from when you were 13. That's awesome. One of my co-workers has one from when she was younger. I'm going to see if she'll let me try it on. Hehe, that'd be pretty cool.

KittyCanuck
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Are you going to try to have a cosplay.com Star Trek photoshoot at D*C or anything? We could all meet up somewhere!

Arlette
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Are you going to try to have a cosplay.com Star Trek photoshoot at D*C or anything? We could all meet up somewhere!

Who? Me? I have no idea! O___O I'm terrible at trying to organize things like that! Should we try to set something up? I mean, we could just meet up and then I can call Al at any time to take pics or something.

Toastersix
06-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Hahaha YES! I came looking for a Star Trek thread. Despite the fact that I really shouldn't be going to D*C, my inner nerd cannot resist the TNG guest list. I'm gonna be breaking out some TNG cosplay, though I'm not sure just yet what I'll be doing. So much glee that other people will be doing ST stuff too!! Aaahhh!

Cobheran
06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm dressing up as a TOS red shirt and going to the Klingon party :D Seems like a good idea to me!

Giant Alucard
06-23-2007, 08:20 PM
It seems that i'll most likely be there as Worf, so i guess I'll see everyone there!!

Arlette
07-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm dressing up as a TOS red shirt and going to the Klingon party :D Seems like a good idea to me!

And you are taking me to said Klingon party, yes? ;P

It seems that i'll most likely be there as Worf, so i guess I'll see everyone there!!

DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE!! XD

KittyCanuck
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Time is slipping by much faster than I'd hoped, so I think I might have to just buy a uniform this time around.

Trouble is, since they were originally released so long ago, I'm having a terrible time finding anywhere that sells the Next Generation "Deluxe" style women's uniform in Sciences blue/teal in a SMALL. (it has to be the Deluxe costume, the standard costume is too incorrect). I've found a couple places that have medium, but that's too big for me. :/

If anyone has any sources, I'd be quite grateful!!

Arlette
08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Time is slipping by much faster than I'd hoped, so I think I might have to just buy a uniform this time around.

Trouble is, since they were originally released so long ago, I'm having a terrible time finding anywhere that sells the Next Generation "Deluxe" style women's uniform in Sciences blue/teal in a SMALL. (it has to be the Deluxe costume, the standard costume is too incorrect). I've found a couple places that have medium, but that's too big for me. :/

If anyone has any sources, I'd be quite grateful!!

Have you tried eBay? My husband made quite a find recently with someone selling an original TNG style uniform still in the package!

KittyCanuck
08-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Have you tried eBay? My husband made quite a find recently with someone selling an original TNG style uniform still in the package!
It's always the first place I look! ^_^ The majority of them on there since I started looking (granted, only a couple weeks ago) have been the inaccurate non-deluxe version, or else they don't have small :/

Hrm, though right now there's a seller selling fan-made TNG uniform tops, and they have male S and XS Sciences shirts; I wonder if I could alter one of those to fit more like the female uniform!