PDA

View Full Version : Find the Blitzball!

Nakago
04-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Hello! I'm having a minor problem with my costume for the Anime Expo con this year. I'm going to be Wakka, but after spending all my money on the costume and my tickets I need help finding a blitzball. Does anyone know how to make one or where to find one to buy cheap? Thanks!

-N a k a g o :bouncer:

KawaiiPan
04-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Ebay is a good start, though not sure how much the starting price is for Blitzballs (don't think they're really all THAT cheap >_<). The other option is to buy a soccer ball or other ball and add on the ball pieces with clay or some other material (that's what I was planning to do, just haven't gotten around to it). Good luck!

Miaka No Baka
04-25-2003, 01:19 PM
try yahoo japan. Blitz balls appear on there randomly. As for actually bidding on one you'd need a go-between service like www.celga.com

Miaka no Baka

L to the 3rd
04-25-2003, 03:37 PM
I know that there is an official
squaresoft Blitzball and I was looking
for it hi-and low whenever I go to
Japan, yet I still could not find it..
:<

sefie_tilmitt
04-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Ack, someone gave me a blow-up blitzball for christmas the year before this one, and I have *no clue* where he found it. It's just like a plastic beach ball, but with bubbles. Have you tried the main squaresoft site? Since I have one I know they exist, so just try searching google like a fanatic.

I searched around online a bit and it seems that the blitzball is only available in Japan, so I would go with the above suggestion to try Ebay on Japan, or if you have a friend who can send you one, go for that too.

Also - it'd be pretty cool if you could make your own!!!

enishi
04-25-2003, 04:13 PM
www.toysnjoys.com

It's $60 there.

L to the 3rd
04-25-2003, 05:13 PM
isnt' toys n' joys located in hawaii?
I remember that store..

*thinking about going there just
for it* :p

enishi
04-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Is it? I'm not sure. I haven't ordered anything from them. ^_^;

L to the 3rd
04-25-2003, 09:34 PM
yea...it's located in Hawaii... the last
time I was there was when I bought
the newest DBZ game for
Famicom/SNES o_o;

Miaka No Baka
04-26-2003, 06:32 PM
ooh toys n joys, haven't been there in a few years XD I would go and look at all the stuffs they had XD they promised to order me a cactuar plushie but I guess they couldn't order one ;_; $60 is very expensive for the ball, considering it retails for 1500 yen ($15) in japan. Now provided digicube still has them in stock, this website here:

http://shop.himeya.com/products/etc_ff/etc_ff.html

can order from digicube's site and sell it to you, there is an added mark up but it's not nearly as bad as paying for an auction item in japan. I've ordered the giant cactuar pillow and the cactuar cellphone strap from them and they're very friendly and speak very good english ^_^; So just email them and ask for the blitzball. They can also order anything from digicube's site as well as the items they already list on their page. But looking at digicube's site they no longer carry the blitzball =( But you never know they might start making more cause when I went to go order my cactuar pillow digicube sold out of them and like a month or two later they made more and that's when I was able to get it ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Nakago
04-27-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks you guys! I'm going to try the Himeya store first, but if that doesn't work I'll try Toys n' Joys. Your replies were really helpful! Thanks again!

jade_dragon
04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
once in awhile ebay has it but i dont think it will be cheap

soshi
04-28-2003, 06:23 PM
wouldn't it be easier (and waaaaaaay cheaper) to get a handball and glue stuff to it? ^^;

Nakago
04-29-2003, 12:50 AM
I was thinking about that, but my friends and I are obssesive compulsive when it comes to making our costumes and we don't think it be possible to make the blitzball exactly right. -_- sometimes I hate how pathetic we are.

Kamui Motoaki
04-29-2003, 02:16 AM
Crissy. . . You know i have one right? I got it as a Christmas Gift ^_^ if you want me too. . i can bring it over next time. .

and play blitzball in your POOL!!!! *jumps* >o<

I brought it to Katsu. . i think theres pics floating around. . but yea. . i was very thankful for it ^_^_^_^_^_^

L to the 3rd
04-29-2003, 08:54 PM
*shakes Will* toss it over heere!