PDA

View Full Version : Important! Please vote on what time the cosplay.com photoshoot will be

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 02:11 PM
See above. I don't have a preference, as either time is good for me. I'll be making some signs to post around the hotel once it's confirmed, and perhaps other people could too.

Kisa
04-25-2003, 06:08 PM
You know what would solve all of this? Having TWO photoshoots...
one saturday, one sunday. Or two saturday. Or one friday and one sunday. or.. you get the idea, right?

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 07:31 PM
I want to keep it simple with one. Saturday is usually the biggest day anyway.

Limeyaku
04-25-2003, 07:54 PM
just have kisa stand up on the ledge thingy and scream " cosplay.com photoshoot right here, NOW!! " like a bunch of ppl did last year. LOL!! a LOT of cosplayers lounge around in the lobby, so if you want a group picture, yell it out.

if you yell it, they will come. u/\u *bows*

JustinCredible
04-25-2003, 08:03 PM
1pm is during the Music Video Contest... can't miss that...

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Kisa, Limeyaku: Sure, you could just randomly gather people at any other time during the con. Go for it.

Justin: I expect the shoot to go 1-1:30 depending on how long it takes ppl to get together. So if you can make it cool, if not good luck with your video.

JustinCredible
04-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Kurenai
Justin: I expect the shoot to go 1-1:30 depending on how long it takes ppl to get together. So if you can make it cool, if not good luck with your video.

Actually I don't have a video entered... its just that its one of the draws to the convention for me. I though the poll was to determine when we are having the shoot?

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Right now it's set for 1 PM. If I have a lot of people (like the majority + amount of people) saying that they can't do it, then I'll switch it. But there may be other unnanounced photo ops, so keep your ears open.

xiola
04-25-2003, 09:14 PM
ok. another big ISSUE i have with all these photoshoots *every year* is that hey, guess what, alot of people have GREAT friday and sunday outfits too!

but big photoshoots are NEVER on friday. or sunday much, for that matter. why is this? when SO many of us have 2 or 3 or even 4 outfits, why is there only ever ONE photoshoot??

i'm with kisa on this one. if people really care about photoshoots, they should care that PEOPLE COSPLAY ON MORE THAN JUST SATURDAY AFTERNOONS, and put effort into ALL their costumes. getting to the photo shoot is another matter, that's totally up to the cosplayer to make that effort on their own. but if there is only one photoshoot, they can't exactly wear more than one costume one time.

right? o_o

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 09:21 PM
The reason it's Saturday is because that's the "big day" when the most people are there. People should plan accordingly. If someone wants to do an impromptu photoshoot on Friday/Sunday that's cool. But if there's something they -really- want to wear that they haven't planned to wear on Saturday then they could always change. Or bring it with them. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but when you have 3 or 4 costumes (like I usually do) you gotta suck it up and carry them around, or you run to your room a lot.

xiola
04-25-2003, 09:43 PM
i'm not saying we don't plan accordingly - most of us do. we wear our best costume on saturday. but just because you have a good costume planned for saturday *doesn't mean the rest of your costumes are any less good* just because it's not the norm doesnt' mean it's not worth starting. the tradition of saturday photoshoots i'm sure comes from several years ago where all cons were way smaller than they are today and friday and sunday cosplay didn't really exist to the extent it does now.

some people have EQUALLY fancy costumes planned for all weekend. and what i'm saying, is that someone should plan a photoshoot for another day for once. and if you dont' want to do that then someone else can. basically, it doesn't have to be "impromptu" just because it's not the same one that you are organizing. -_-

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 10:07 PM
It's just a photoshoot, people....just come pose in a costume (or in plainclothes, doesn't really matter). It's that simple ^_^

In General: No, there's no reason why there couldn't be Friday or Sunday shoots. But this particular one is already set -- there needs to be at least this -one- with a set day, time and location so not only do the people posing in them know what's going on and can plan to wear whatever they want, but others like media ppl, con staff and heck, even fans also know.

Costumes: Yes, they're probably all nice. All I'm saying is find one you'd want to wear to the Saturday one, because then people know when it is and CAN plan accordingly, knowing that they'll have pictures taken of it. Really, if all costumes are nice I don't see why it matters which one is in the photo.

"Impromptu" shoots: This one is the one that AN staff knows about. As a few people stated above, they want to hold other ones by randomly gathering people. That sounds pretty impromptu to me. There's nothing wrong with it, I don't think the planned one is superior bla bla bla etc. It's just the one that a majority of ppl will know about in advance. That is all.

Kisa
04-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
just have kisa stand up on the ledge thingy and scream " cosplay.com photoshoot right here, NOW!! " like a bunch of ppl did last year. LOL!!
if you yell it, they will come. u/\u *bows*

Heh. Yep. That was me at AN, and then Me and Ruth at CNA.

heki-chan
04-26-2003, 11:45 AM
xiola^_^ i think we'll be having a video-fighting-game-character meetup thingie on friday. its just an idea rite now. if bunches of ppl are interested, itll be fun^_^

and i sooo agree with you about ppl having awesome stuff on fri n sat too. we could always have a photoshoot on friday. then again on saturday. i dunno? (re: cosplay.com)

someone mentioned this in the other thread about 'being just a tiny dot in a group photoshoot'
--so very uber true. (._.)
so....really..its not a "photoshoot" becuz that means whole-photos of eavh person. its really a group-picture LOL X_X
ummm yeah i enjoy rambling ^_^

o lord....*looks at poll results*
its tied at 4-4 each
NOoOOooo. the confusion ensues..... (._.);

umm 20-something dyas left to the con. *MAKEUP UR MINDS!!!*
^_^;

~heki-chan

Kurenai
04-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Check the main thread for the updated time ^_^ I am only changing it to 3 PM if most of the people going want it that way. Right now it doesn't look like that is the case.

Mage
04-26-2003, 12:49 PM
yeah..the whole dot in the sea of faces thing was all too apparent at CNAnime....*sweatdrop* That is the last time I make a complicated (for my skill levelm it was complicated -_-; it's actually rather simple, really) costume that's going ot make me tall. All I can see in any of the CCML shots from CNAnime is the top of my antennae and the very top of the headpiece. I think I found *one* photo where my face wasn't obscured. Hooray. XP

I should've probably checked the schedule before I voted, but oh well...lol...I missed the photo thingies last year, so this year I'll just miss the other stuff so I make it to the photo thingies.

nyamiko_chan
04-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Anyone one of these times is good for me ^^ it's my first con so i'm still all @_@ about it all.

There's still the whole icky decision that i might not go T-T I MUST scrownge up the money to go!! and finsh my easy 'stume XD

okie dokes!!
Either one is good...it's tied 5/5 tho...?

heki-chan
04-26-2003, 07:35 PM
YEEES!!! u HAFTA go to AN!
if u dunt hav enuff, just dunt buy anything (or too much) in the dealers room, and bring ur own food^____^ thtll save at LEAST $100 ^_^
WAH!!! COME!! FUNTIMES!!^_^

~heki <--feeling all ninja-ish cuz of hakamas HAHA X_X;

Minakolabelle
04-27-2003, 12:30 AM
I just wanna say, incase people didn't read teh aother thread that the chobits shoot is at 3 pm.

Kurenai
04-27-2003, 10:36 AM
If more people want the 3 pm time for cosplay.com, then sorry, but there's gonna have to be a conflict.

Chosuke
04-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Maybe we ould just like...get all the groups that are happening at the same time into one place and kill like..five birds with one stone.

I mean,it would make sense if the chobits costume is gonna be the same one you'd wear to the AN one I guess.

Kurenai
04-27-2003, 12:42 PM
That would most definitely be convenient. However, the other groups seem kind of spread out, and I don't think they want to change their times already. This one's still set at 1 PM right now, but if the rest of the groups want to take place around -one time-(I'm guessing that would be 3 since chobits seems to want that time too), I'll see what I can do.

At any rate, there will be signs up in case people get confused about what's happening in the threads here.

Mage
04-27-2003, 01:01 PM
While it might sound like a great idea to have all the smaller photoshoots take place at the same time as the big one, it's important to realise that the reason they're kept separate is because you can't instantly change costumes, so if you're supposed to be in more than one of these smaller series-specific photoshoots, they need to be spread out in order to be in more than one. Just thought that I'd point that out. So, in any case, since the smaller photoshoots are already spread out, even if the big Cosplay.com photoshoot is moved to a different time. That way, it will probably minimise conflicts.

Anyway, I think that the photoshoots that do end up at the same time *will* be in the same place....I think every photoshoot except that possibility of a 3pm Cosplay.com photoshoot will be taking place in the lobby. But yeah, I was rather hoping that I'd be able to wear a different costume for the two photoshoots, since I'm not involved in any other series-specific shoot....but if it happens, it happens...not a big deal. ^_^

I'm rather surprised that the poll is still tied....would've thought it would deviate by at least a little. Meh, maybe not. *shrug*

Kia
04-27-2003, 02:00 PM
As much as I'd love to be part of the photo shoot, if it conflicts too much with the different stuff that I really want to do (pannels and the Video contest especially) then I'm gonna have to pass up on the opportunity. 3pm works better for me, but I know that 1pm is better for others. I really hope something can be worked out. ^_^

Kurenai
04-27-2003, 02:20 PM
I want as many of you as possible to come, of course, but I know it can't work out for everyone -_- The way I'm using the poll right now means that the 1 PM shoot will still be taking place.
3PM is kept open as an option presented by Sarcasm, with an offer to have it take place in the same room as the panel.

See, I'm expecting maybe 20 or 30 people to show up to this--maybe a little more. I'd have to have a LOT of people tell me that the 3PM shoot is better for them since the word is out that it's 1PM already. I'm keeping this poll open as a backup if the other one does not work out. Does this make sense to you guys? Tell me if it doesn't and I'll clarify ^_^

Kurenai
04-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Hello, I am no longer going to AN. People I was going with bailed ><, so whoever would like to have their way with this little photoshoot, be my guest.

I hope you guys have a lovely time, though. I'll be looking at pix.

heki-chan
04-27-2003, 07:06 PM
blaaaAAAAaaaAAAaaH...this is bugging me now
its just a photo...its not that difficult to just say "HERE. AT THIS TIME."

we cant make everyone happy, so lets stop trying to.
If people *REALLY* want to be in the cosplay.com group photo, they will come. if others can care less, they will not be present. thats...life.

so please. for the sake of our sanity. Dont use the poll, bcuz its alwyas gonna be 50/50 anyway. State the time and place. and Stick with it.

..and no im not biting anyone's heads off. its just that this is being a way bigger deal than it really should be.

~heki

Kisa
04-27-2003, 07:42 PM
What do you think Heki? 1 still? then we can do CCML at 2?

I was thinking if 1 is problematic for some people, as it seems to be, we can do one on Friday evening or something too... just because I LIKE the idea of multiple photoshoots... plus, we all have multiple costumes... >.>

xiola
04-27-2003, 08:19 PM
yay multiple photoshoots :D yay friday costumes! (even though i'm just wearing Yoh... Yoh needs love! :DD)

i agree with kisa... *stands behind kisa and nodnods* :P

Kurenai
04-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Have fun. You guys might want to ask Admin about doing multiple ones since he likes to know about them beforehand.

Limeyaku
04-27-2003, 09:48 PM
<--- also agrees with kisa.

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Yeah kisa *hugs* one on friday and one on saturday! ^0^

Saturday at 1pm in the lobby is GREAT!!! finally! some concrete info! *content sigh*

when should the friday one be?
mage n i spoke and we thought that immediately AFTER the Cosplay Skit Contest wraps up, we can all gather in the Lobby again? Since the main halls will be crowded. That way, the crowd can get photos too?^_^
*shrugs*^_^ whtevr is good^_^

~heki

Kurenai
04-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Ummm.....hadn't I been saying in every post that it's Saturday at 1 pm in the lobby? and that the poll was only so that if almost everyone hated that time, it'd change but it wasn't likely to?

-_- why does nobody listen to me?

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 01:12 AM
because most of the poeple on cosplay.com that are going to AN are all one big group of friends. there for we're anal and have to have it our way.

and it's the reason why we're all complainging to keep it at 1 pm, we have planned other shoots like the CCML one out side of cosplay.com. I don't see why this shoot is that much more important then the other ones. CCML has been around longer then cosplay.com there for this one should be schedualed around that one, not the other way around.

Kisa
04-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Kurenai

-_- why does nobody listen to me?

Because you said you aren't going anymore?
It's basically been left up to us, so we're doing it as a group now. As Minako said, we all know eachother and have for at least two or more cons. This is how we do other photoshoots and they work just fine. It's not a complicated task.

Heki, I like the sound of that! After the skit-contest in the lobby is a great idea. What time does that end? Just so we can email the AN people, since they wanted to know...

so far
Friday: after the skit-contest in lobby
Saturday @1 in lobby (cosplay.com)
Saturday @2 in the lobby (CCML)
Saturday@3or maybe later, I'm not sure but I think it's Chobits...

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 01:19 AM
so far there's waht you said plus

Friday- LJ, but I haven't formally announced that on there yet, after the red and white show
- fighting games one
sturday-FFX-2
-Squaresoft
-monkeys
-jrock, possibally
sunday-dunno any on that day yet

and yes theres a chobits one on saturday at 3 pm cause i ahve j rock stuff to do after wards

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 01:21 AM
i have noooo clue when the skit contest will end, but according to the tentative schedule,
the Red&WhiteShow, Skit Contest, and some Karaoke thingie
are all one huge gigantic blob O_O;

all three run from:
730-1030
i somehow doubt that all three will happen in just three hours.
So lets put the photoshoot to........1045 or 11pm ish???

gives us more breathing space ^_^

~heki

Kisa
04-28-2003, 01:26 AM
11 sounds good heki. I know the some of the shaman king people want to do a photoshoot earlier, and the sunday samurai kyo people want one too... but I have to talk to them about it first.

um, Chobrat, did you want to schedule your X photoshoot in there too? I figure if we just email one big schedule to Anime North's Photographers, it will help them out to be there.

s'up to you guys.

Christine, if you could insert some times in there, that'd be helpful ^-^

so far
Friday @ 5pm Shaman King group in the lobby
Friday after the R&W show: LJ users photoshoot (Lobby)
Friday @ 11pm in lobby (cosplay.com photoshoot 1)
Saturday 12:30pm Final Fantasy X-2 in the Lobby
Saturday @1pm in lobby (cosplay.com photoshoot 2)
Saturday @1:30ish-2pm in the lobby (CCML)
Saturday after CCML-Anything Squaresoft. Also in the Lobby
Saturday@3pm Chobits (location?)
Sunday @ __ X group
Sunday @ ___ Samurai kyo group

If anyone else has any, copy, paste/instert and add on. That way we can keep track of everyone in one big growing list. And people who know what's going on, just fill in any blanks. ^-^

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 01:59 AM
ack! sowwies i would copy and paste and write it myself, but im rushing a project so ahh! sowwies^_^;

theres bunches here that we've listed:
http://sma.adaelis.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=fstudioofmasqueradeartsfrm4&Number=12915&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

thanks^_^

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Friday after the red and white show quick Lj photo op cause there's liek 10 of us max. location ?
Saturday@3pm Chobits in the lobby too XD
Sunday @ __ x group
Sunday @ ___ Samurai kyo group

is it just me or is teh loby the place to take pics?

Kisa
04-28-2003, 02:13 AM
It's all about the Lobby Baby!
Or possibly the Stealth Elevator XD but the lobby is just easier to find then anything else, plus has better lighting and while crowded, isn't as crowded as the rest of the con-rooms. The only other place I can think of is by the Pool, but then you have weird no-con children, and con-spawn splashing you...

Friday after the red and white show quick Lj photo op cause there's liek 10 of us max. location ?
Sunday @ __ x group
Sunday @ ___ Samurai Kyo Group (probably in the lobby. lol)

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 02:59 AM
*taking a break from stupid math project, its 4am!!! cries*

LOOOOOL from the looks of that big scary list, it seems we'll all be stuck in the lobby for......3-4 hours *GAPES*

LOOOOL so...whts new *shrug* LOL that happns all the time

YEY AIMLESS WANDERING and NOT ATTENDING ANY PANELS OR ANYTHING! X_X;

~heki <--bored

xiola
04-28-2003, 03:00 AM
shhh... one must never mention the stealth elevator in public!

mmmm... stealth... *_*

wow i'm starting to feel like the entire con will just be one big photoshoot and i won't really be doing anything at all. but yay for hanging out in the lobby, at least that means i can hang out with people i don't get to see very often and be lazy for half the con :P

(kisa, i think we have to plan some way to eat before masq-prep or else we'll starve. and i dunno if we can afford the restaurant across the street this year... can we? >_<)

Chosuke
04-28-2003, 07:33 AM
</quote>um, Chobrat, did you want to schedule your X photoshoot in there too? I figure if we just email one big schedule to Anime North's Photographers, it will help them out to be there. </quote>

How about 10:00 on sunday for the X group?
I want to do it early because there are sooooooo many panels going on in the afternoon I'd like to catch

Kisa
04-28-2003, 12:24 PM
done and done. whee.
Xio, the hao-girls want the shaman king shoot earlier because they plan to change... >.< g'rar.

Oh. and just for the record... I'm not Yelling for all of these XD I only plan to yell for the ones I'll be at, and only if necessary. So Final fantasy, Chobits, squaresoft... y'all are on your own for that one!

Sunday @ 10am X group

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 01:50 PM
oh I will take over the role of yelling for the chobits one nooooooooo prob. I'll whack them with that bunny thing if i have to *eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil grin*

xiola
04-28-2003, 02:13 PM
<<done and done. whee.
Xio, the hao-girls want the shaman king shoot earlier because they plan to change... >.< g'rar. >>

can you tell them what i said earlier - that i dont' know if there will be any POINT to having a photoshoot earlier than 5 on friday? any time before that, everyone except the people who were way early or wanted to go to the meet and greet are still arriving, and dumping stuff in their rooms. it will seem really lame if we're having a photoshoot when no one is around. but if all they want is for THEM to take pictures for themselves, that's something else entirely, and probably do-able depending how long it takes for me to get picked up and checked in...

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Christine can yell for the FFX-2 one too TEEHEHEHEHEH >_>;; i hav a squeaky voice hehehe^_^

then again, i think there's only gonna be...me anna aubz les christine mekou and sniperwolf anyways
i think.

LOL ^_^

~heki

Kurenai
04-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Ahh, I'm not gonna even bother replying to any posts. I'm done dealing with immature little girls. Sorry I'm not part of the clique -- oh wait, no I'm not!

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 04:19 PM
yeah sure Winnie, if you need some one to yell I can do that for you. I'll yell at them Photographers to leave us be when we wanna leave >=D XD

Limeyaku
04-28-2003, 04:47 PM
LOL @ christine! XD

winnie. are you insane. have you not SEEN the already enormous levels of cosplayers a popularity of FFX2? i can guarentee we'll see more of us there. LOL!!

kurenai- erm. that was a little bit rude don't you think? if YOU're starting threads on when photoshoots should be, it's only understandable that people are going to put their input in, and perhaps to you, but to everyone else ( i think) that's kind of expected when trying to plan something for the best for everyone.

that's no reason whatsoever to call anyone here 'immature little girls'. keep your rude comments to yourself please.

(edit:: funny how you call US immature when we got all the photoshoot times settled and you couldn't. ^_^;;; )

as for the 'clique' comment. just so you know, a lot of us know very few of eachother on the boards. we're only being nice to everyone who we don't know personally. *gasp* maybe you should try that! ^_^ *nods*

edit again:: sorry for posting this here but i felt it necessary to stand up for my friends of which whom you've insulted, including myself. if you feel the need to continue the namecalling etc. feel free to pm me. lets keep this a /friendly/ forum, ne?

~~~~~~~

back on topic::

chrisitne, whoever u see in ffx2 garbs b4 the shoot, threaten to come to the shoot with ur sword. XD then we'll have a nice groupie pic. LOL

Kurenai
04-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, that is my opinion, sorry if it offends you. If anything, I apologize for creating the poll, since people thought of it--and the 3PM time--as something more than it really was. I remember posting that the time was officially "1 PM in the lobby" -numerous- times, so I don't know why ppl are complaining about not knowing the time.
I still stand by my actions, and even though I did take other people's thoughts into consideration, I guess there's nothing I can do if people didn't like what happened. Oh well--it's done. ^_^

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 05:21 PM
*shrugs* just a group photo! no biggie *bubbles around*

hmm! i wonder how many FFX-2 cosplayers will be at AN *excited*
^_^
LOL agrees with Limeyaku about the Christine-threatening-with-sword-thing *bounces* itll be fun!! and we'll have...5 -7 digital cameras working for us all con, so yes...this year...we shall have GOOD photos^_^ *claps*

~heki

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm threatning people and with a sword?

excellent.

kibosh
04-28-2003, 06:52 PM
So what time is the photoshoot and where is it

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Cosplay.com Photoshoots, there are two:

1. Friday, 11pm, Lobby

2. Saturday, 1pm, Lobby

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mage
04-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Winnie, is it okay with you if the Fighting Game photoshoot is *before* the R&W Show? Just in case we're tight for time and I can't get into Xianghua on time for right afterward (which was the suggested time, I believe)....you said the R&W is supposed to start at 7:30, right? Want to do it at 7? Or is there a better time? *sticks it in the schedule tentatively*

There's also, I believe was discussed, a jrock photoshoot after the masquerade. Christine, are you wearing Kaoru for the masq or Paine or yet another costume *_*? Just wondering how much time you might need between the masq. and the jrock photo thingy? Should we pick a location other than the lobby or is it going to be a big enough group that the lobby is the only option? *also puts tentatively into schedule*

Friday @ 7pm Fighting Game group (location?)

Saturday @ 12:30pm Final Fantasy X-2 in the Lobby
Saturday @ 1pm in lobby (cosplay.com photoshoot 2)
Saturday @ 1:30ish-2pm in the lobby (CCML)
Saturday @ 3pm Chobits in the lobby too XD
Saturday After Masquerade (gap between masq. and photoshoot to be determined) Jrock in (location to be determined)

Sunday @ 10am X group

Minakolabelle
04-29-2003, 11:38 AM
Yes i'm wearing another costuem for the masq, my freya one XD, 4 cosutmes, one weekend *is insane*

I'm going to ask for an early masq time so that I can run up stairs and change. it doesn't take me long to get in or our of both Kaoru and Freya so ti's all good..... How bout we do it after the masq is over and every one's pertty much cleared out of the main hall and do it there? or I can meet you guys back in the j rock room and do it there.... but you guys have big pertty kimonos and stuff *_* maybe a bigger area would be better for us?

xiola
04-29-2003, 05:01 PM
-_- oh god. i wish kisa coudl be here, she'd be ever so amused... i really shouldn't be taking the bait and replying to this, but i cant' resist. the reason for our reaction is a very natural one, which is explained below since you don't seem to understand.

and i still don't see the source of your aggravation; why wouldn't you have been finished "dealing with us" once you decided you weren't coming anymore to begin with? it really has nothing to do with you. it has to do with democracy and locality. and the natural reaction to resist self-appointed authority.

and i agree, i'll stick up for all my friends here - you may want to call us a "clique", but the fact is, beyond seeing each other at cons, the only reason most of us are so chummy with each other is because this is *OUR HOME CON*. we live here, and it's the ONLY con we can go to no matter what ever year. therefore it is *close to our hearts*, as cheesy as that may sound, and so i'm sorry if that means we get just a little bit edgy when someone who *can go to any american con they want* starts taking over. if you look at it from that point of view maybe you can understand where we're coming from. (bad analogy time: say you lived in an apartment building, where you're an active part of the tenants association. and they were holding a party, where anyone in the world can come and is more than welcome to, but then someone from an apartment building in another province/state/whatever starts planning the party FOR you and saying they know better than you just because they held a party at their apartment building too. how would you feel? because i think most people would feel the way we do - and if you disagree, please think about it for a minute without the automatic reaction of 'oh i'm above feeling like that'.)

and i wouldn't have bothered explaining all of that so harshly if you hadn't deemed to call us "immature little girls". to begin with, half of us are older than you. which has nothing to do with maturity, but since you call peer authority based on another con, i figure calling 'maturity' based age is fair enough.

*steps off*

Limeyaku
04-29-2003, 05:20 PM
**applauds**

i feel sorry for the people who are staying there NOT for the con...the lobby will be flooded with cosplayers all day. WUAHAH

Kurenai
04-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Well, I was under the impression that this was done. But since you really want to know and posted such, here's my reply. If you want to continue this, you can always PM me and I'll reply.

Originally posted by xiola
and i still don't see the source of your aggravation; why wouldn't you have been finished "dealing with us" once you decided you weren't coming anymore to begin with? it really has nothing to do with you. it has to do with democracy and locality. and the natural reaction to resist self-appointed authority.

First off, I'm not "self-appointed." I saw the opportunity to organize something fun for people, and nobody else mentioned it at the time. So seeing Admin's other posts about asking permission first, I did. The only reason I was asking people to listen to me was so that we could keep it organized.

Yes, I'm not going anymore, so that takes care of about 1/3 of my being upset. Wouldn't you be a little upset if you couldn't go? The other 2/3 comes from the fact that nobody paid attention to what I was saying. I stated the time/place a BUNCH of times in posts, but everyone kept complaining that there was no set time. As I stated earlier, the poll was a mistake since it just confused people even more.

and i agree, i'll stick up for all my friends here - you may want to call us a "clique", but the fact is, beyond seeing each other at cons, the only reason most of us are so chummy with each other is because this is *OUR HOME CON*. we live here, and it's the ONLY con we can go to no matter what ever year.

I have no home con. I have to travel a lot to get to any con, but AN is the closest at a 2 hour drive. I don't see how this makes me better or worse than anyone.

therefore it is *close to our hearts*, as cheesy as that may sound, and so i'm sorry if that means we get just a little bit edgy when someone who *can go to any american con they want* starts taking over. if you look at it from that point of view maybe you can understand where we're coming from. (bad analogy time: say you lived in an apartment building, where you're an active part of the tenants association. and they were holding a party, where anyone in the world can come and is more than welcome to, but then someone from an apartment building in another province/state/whatever starts planning the party FOR you and saying they know better than you just because they held a party at their apartment building too. how would you feel? because i think most people would feel the way we do - and if you disagree, please think about it for a minute without the automatic reaction of 'oh i'm above feeling like that'.)

Is it that you resent someone who doesn't happen to be Canadian handling a simple photoshoot? If that is the case, you could have just said that in the first place. Why does it matter where I come from? I've been going to AN and CN for a while now too, and I appreciate them being closer to me than any other con in the US. So no, it really isn't that easy. It's not like I'm some newbie. Just because you guys don't know me personally, that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect anything I say. That's why I think you guys are treating it like a clique.

To clear up any illusions about my "authority", I was just the one setting a time. I don't think this made me better than anyone, nor do I think "my photoshoot" is better than anyone elses.

Going with your analogy, if there was going to be a party and everyone could go, but nobody else had said they were going to organize it and I wanted to do it, I would ask and do it. That's all that happened here.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said when I said I was making plans to go to ACen instead (which I'm not because I can't afford it, but oh well.). I NEVER bragged about being able to go to "any American con I want to". I probably could if I had the money, yeah, but so could any of you. Nothing is stopping you. Just as I can cross the border easily, so could you guys. If I said I was making some other plans to go to ACen instead, it's because I want to go to a con if AN wasn't available to me--because of everyone else's fear of SARS or whatever. Simple as that. I'm really not sure how it offends you that I would do this. You could always do the same if AN was totally unaccessible to you.

I am NOT judging you based on the fact that I do go to other cons besides this one, and as you say, you don't. I think it's kind of irrelevant actually.

and i wouldn't have bothered explaining all of that so harshly if you hadn't deemed to call us "immature little girls". to begin with, half of us are older than you. which has nothing to do with maturity, but since you call peer authority based on another con, i figure calling 'maturity' based age is fair enough.

That's funny that you don't know me personally yet you assume that I'm younger than you are.

If you mean "peer authority" to that one post where I said I "pulled rank" then, yes, that was a bad choice of words. What I meant was I was the one who bothered to get permission. Any "authority" was on the basis of "hey, since I asked, let's do this since it doesn't seem to be a problem." And I changed the original location from Artists' Alley to the Lobby, because someone pointed out that it was a bad location.

That's all, I'm tired and it's finals week.

heki-chan
04-29-2003, 09:03 PM
o_o;
i think ppl got "edgey" from the authoratative tone/attitiude that got emitted. but not becuz of the whole 'canadian-only' dealy, thts just silly.

anyway...im not gonna add to whtevr^_^;;;

*tugs thread back on topic*

OMG. mage is rite! wht if ppl want to wear something different to the friday shoot than wht they are wearing to the R&W....*thinks*

hmm

okay, well since firady11pm is like the cosplay.com #1 shoot, then i guess we wont really need the 'fighting game' only peeps till afterward...
after the cosplay.com shoot, those who want to participate can run n get ready n be back in 15?? how does that sound...?

o crap X_X *just realized something* i think a few of us were gonna swim on friday nite...ooooo crap. >_>;;;;;;;;;;; so much conflicting time LOL X_X

~heki

Mage
04-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah, Winnie...do you know when the pool at the Constellation closes? By the time the photoshoot thingy is done, it might be closed already...

xiola
04-29-2003, 09:22 PM
[hopefully that was my final post on that matter too, except to clarify: i was going by the age *you have listed in your bio*. i'm assuming you wrote your own bio? ^^;;]

eek yeah, so many... does the pool have a closing time? or are you allowed to swim all night? *never used the pool before* [edit: oopps, mage beat me to that question! :p] if they dont' close you could just go reeeeally late at night after the photoshoots... :PP then it'll be ncie and relaxing after you're tired from all the runnign around and changing and posing... :P

Limeyaku
04-29-2003, 09:36 PM
the pool doors close/lock at 11pm like most other hotel pools. ^_^ *nodnod*

win, are we still in the masquerade? if we do that and get in the first 20 or so we'd have lots of time to swim ( since it starts at 8ish? ) and if we dont do the masq then we can swim saturday anyways. LOL

there are no lifeguards or anything, btw. BWUAHAHA. jkjk ^_^;; *throws u a lifejacket*

heki-chan
04-29-2003, 10:19 PM
we COULD bump the cosplay.com shoot to BEFORE the R&W//SkitContest.....rite?

maybe?

xiola
04-29-2003, 11:04 PM
well we could, but aren't there lineups/prep-time for those? i'm not in either so i dunno what the prep is like, but if the skit-contest is like the masq, there's usually like, that lineup everyone who's in it has to stand in beforehand, and then everyone else will be wanting to lineup...