PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Psoccer at Ota?

Yui
04-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Well, we'll be holding this at AX this year, too, but since there will be a lot of cosplayers of PlC (& other bands) at Ota who are already interested, I'm going to try to set it up for there too.
...The problem is I can't think of a good place around the con center to have even a mini soccer game...so it might have to be inside one of the con suites, or maybe even at one of the hotels - but that woud require getting permission beforehand.
I just wanted to investigate possible locations to hold such an activity before we take this idea any further. Whether you're joining us or not for the game, if anyone can suggest a place or know who I might have to contact for special clearance, it'd be very appreciated. Thanx ;)

Chi
05-22-2003, 08:41 PM
There's always the skywalk. A large group of people were playing dodgeball or something similiar there last year (the large open space in front of the hyatt). As far as I know, no one ran out screaming Infidels, hookers, freaks, or etc at them. ^^

*Tries to imagine Mana and Aya playing soccer togethor.*

Bansaku
05-23-2003, 12:01 AM
I'm sure if you get enough people together, a large enough space would easily be occupied ^_~ That's how we handled the Weiss Kreuz soccer game at Acen 2k2.

I really hope it goes through! It'd be a helluva time I'm sure. *inspired to work harder on Yura-sama cosplay*

- Maca

Mara
05-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Yay for J Rock soccer!!! ^_^
I definitely want to be a part of this !
Were you guys planning to do Psycho le Cemu vs. another visual kei band, or two teams of PLC?

Yui
05-25-2003, 02:01 AM
Oh wow...people revived my post. Yea. >^_^<

Okay, it's gonna depend on how many interested parties there are. Initially, it was going to be a team of PLCers versus any random other j-rockers. Now it looks like there's going to be many Psychos, and then the MM and DeG compliments should be considerable too. ...And as recent news begins to spread, I'm guessing we're gonna see many Takanori cosplayers at Ota too, so maybe we can do kinda a rock v.s. pop thing. It'd be nice to do a couple different matches (because I'm guessing they are not going to last all that long each.)

The skywalk idea sounds great...that's the pavement area in between the con center and the food court, right? I seem to remember another nice big, enclosed, over-street area connected to the Hilton's third floor. Well, maybe this is possible then...room enough for dodgeball, then there's room enough for us. (The back-up plan was that Lilli had scouted out a very nice park we could use....better scenery, but it required a 30 minute bus ride...and that's kinda inconveinent to most people at the con probably....but a good back-up if need be. Still possibly for a pre or post con shoot, maybe...?)

EDIT: taken out old contradictory info / updated ^_-

DigitalCactus
05-25-2003, 03:34 AM
oooh Soccer! Im so soccer depreaved! I wanna play! How about that area before ya get onto the skywalk.. last time taht area was desolate

Yui
05-25-2003, 07:05 PM
yeah, you guys are so right about all these open skywalk patio areas...I totally wasn't considering them before at all. I was just thinking there wasn't any park area in easy access and that the con center might not let us play inside (even tho there -is- room inside)...but this might work out well afterall.

Lyn
05-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Hey, what day are you guys planning to do this for? It sounds interesting. ^^ I suck at any sports whatsoever so I'd probably just watch, lol. Plus, if you did it on Friday, there would be no way I could because I'd be in those big high Kamijo platform shoes. x_x *visions herself going flying across the floor because of tripping over the ball and not having enough balance on the shoes and crashing into something*

Mara
05-26-2003, 12:35 PM
I know what you mean about the platforms shoes... mixing them with soccer is scary. >_< I know for sure that I'll be wearing my huge black platform shoes at the con, but I was planning to switch to a pair of relatively low heeled mary janes for the soccer game. Less chance of breaking an ankle or two that way >_<

shiroi_yukiko
05-26-2003, 02:01 PM
Shoes. Ack. *crosses fingers* I hope I'm not wearing my Toshiya costume on 'soccer day'! Not that I'm good at sports anyway, but I don't mind making a fool of myself. ^^

Yui
05-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Well, I know Friday is "j-rock day", but I was leaning towards Saturday afternoon for a few reasons...
1 - we can let even more people know about it at the j-rock panel Friday.
2 - simply the most people will be there in the afternoon of Saturday. (We -could- have it Friday afternoon, but it'd have to end before 4 to accomodate the panel. After that, it might be too dark + you've lost me to the Xeno group.)
3 - on Saturday, people can meet for the big cp.com shoot before playing and getting possibly disheveled by all the movement.
4 - we'll have more photographers who are 'free' at that time period, so we're more likely to get nice photos.

Um, there might have been more reasons, but that's all I remember right now.
And yeah, please everyone be very concious of your footwear. I mean, this is a totally non-hardcore game, but I don't want anyone to get injured.

twentystitches
05-26-2003, 02:39 PM
XD Such a great idea.

I can't play soccer to save my life ~_~;, but I'll take pictures if I can make it! Probably will be wandering around as Gackt or maybe Shinya. X_x

Mara
05-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Hmm. Saturday does seem to be the better day. Plus you gotta figure that the TM Revolution concert will be on Friday, and that's probably enough chaos for one day, hehe.

Lyn
05-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Yeah, Saturday would be a better day for it. I agree. I still haven't decided if I'm going to try to participate or just watch. ^^;; I'll be Die then so at least I don't have to worry about the shoes.

Yui
07-13-2003, 02:09 AM
OKAY! Here's the poor buried thread.

Yeah, we -tried- to get a soccer game going at AX, but all the j-rockers had wandered off to Denny's, unknown to me, so I just kicked around with a Yura-sama I had just met and threw an AYA costume on my other new friend.
But for Otakon, we shall be organized! At least a little...

So, this is for Saturday, AFTER the cp.c official gathering (which is at 1 pm...so this will start 1:30-ish)

I'll be stalking the hallways, taking photos, as Prism Lida all morning, so I hopefully won't be too hard to miss. If anyone would like to confirm their costumes, I could make a list here so we don't forget anyone behind.

Also, if your footwear may cause injury, you are advised to have replacement shoes for any action poses. We are not responsible for self-mutilation. ^_-

EDIT: taken out old contradictory info / updated ^_-

shiroi_yukiko
07-13-2003, 02:38 PM
WAhhhh~~ Yuuuuiiii~~ I was so worried that the soccer game at AX happened and that I missed it. Araaa, I couldn't remember what costume you were wearing and then I got dragged off after the jrock events. >_<

Anyway, I will be there for Otakon... but maybe not playing. ^^ But I'll make sure I'm there!

Kaede
07-13-2003, 06:33 PM
*grumble* well unless I do some mad costume changes I won't be able to come. Will there still be a gathering of jrockers after 3:30 or before 12:30?

Yui
07-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Saturday you mean? I will be Lida most of the morning probably thru the cp.c shoot...um, the later afternoon/evening is undecided for me....I might stay him all day. But if anyone does see me around and would like some nice photos of their cosplays, just ask...you don't need to wait for a gathering. Taking pics is -all- I'll be doing pretty much.

Also, I could say we could have the game/photoshoot thingie at 11 am or so...but how many of us will be awake and ready at that point? I just wanted to be sure everyone had enough time.

ALSO...I put a heads-up in the PLC costuming support thread, but I'll make a note here too...anyone who is doing Psycho costumes at Ota (any day), could you please confirm your choices? I have some new interest, but they want to be sure they choose a costume that wasn't going to be seen otherwise and are willing to fill in groups. But time's running out, so we kinda need to know soon. ^_^* Thanx.

Lyn
07-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Welp, our FILTH group will hopefully be there for this. ^^ Since I'm going to the cosplay.com photoshot anyways, I know I'll be there. Just to give a head-up, it sounds like thats going to be at 1 or 2 pm on Sat since I know a lot of us are going to be at that.

Unfortunantly I can't move around much in the Die outfit because I keep tripping over my pants (I'm not used to baggy pants ^^;; ) and my shoes have a bit of a platform to them. So I don't think I'll be doing too much big movements at the event. But knowing me I'll try anyways and nearly kill myself.

Yui
07-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Yes, this is after the cp.c gathering -- which is at 1 pm Saturday -- which means we should start heading over to the skywalk area around 1:30. Hopefully, this will give everyone time to hang around the cp.c shoot a bit. Our 'game' will start around 2 to give all adequate time, though.
Remember, you don't have to play...that's just a silly theme for some of the photos. All j-rockers and lolitas are welcome to visit for a small, personal photo op and picnicing.

(The skywalk area will most likely be the one right outside the third floor fo the Hilton - as some of us can access our picnic supplies easier. We -may- head over to the skywalk inbetween the other side of the con center and the mall cafeteria...I'll reconfirm once I get there and update peeps at the cosplay.com meet.)

Lyn
07-29-2003, 05:48 PM
I don't think I can make it to the gathering because it turns out the T.M.R concert is going to be on Saturday afternoon instead of Friday. I'll be lucky if I can still go to the c.p.c photoshot at this point. o_o; Eep, will have to be running around really quickly a lot at this con on Saturday. I can, however, make it to the J-Rock Panel now at least.

Mara
07-29-2003, 08:50 PM
I've been thinking about the TMR concert too. As cool as the concert will be, if it's a choice between it and JRock soccer, I'm mostly likely showing up for soccer. My Malice Mizer costume is rather huge, and I suffered (and am still suffering, heh) some long hours to make it, so I'm guessing I'll have more fun while wearing it if I'm at the JRock festivities. Though, I still dearly hope I can do both things.
*is pining for Takanori* ^_^

Yui
07-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Mara...you -are- coming. I was getting so confused about that.

Yes, I've been 'tipped off' anonymously that I may want to have a back-up time in mind. If you guys noticed, the cp.c gathering is at 1 pm...rather than the standard 2 pm, so that should have warned me right away. X_x*
Anyway...yeah...I'm sensing interference....so I gotta think about this some...I really don't want people to have to choose between the two.

Yui
07-30-2003, 01:12 AM
Just checked the TMR thread...there is a time set. 3:30 start...which means...

There's not enough time to finish up the cp.c shoot, walk the j-rockers over to a skywalk, actually play some soccer, eat and then get in line at a decent time.
So...I will forfeit standing in line myself and come to where the rest of you are in line (I will get nice photos of whoever wants some, regardless of whether we actually get to play soccer or not.) Or we could have a picnic in line if we all get there in a big clump at the cp.c gathering. And if you guys aren't too tired afterwards, we can play a match or two even before the masquerade stuff goes on.

paulzerz
08-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Psycho Psoccer? xD

Kinda reminds me of a game we made up at Judo Camp last year. We called it "Jufootoccerdo". A mix between soccer, football and Judo.

Rules: Same as football except you use your feet, and to tackle you had to throw the person with the ball. It was fun. I dislocated my hip playing it, but it was fun. :D

Recca-kun
08-01-2003, 12:59 PM
*Magically turns into Prism Daishi*

"ARROWED!!!1"

Hehe, anyway, I'll have to get pictures of you guys some way or another. ;)

Yui
08-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Hehe...you will be roped into being our Daishi some day, like -next- year, when all this was supposed to happen, but some of us got overly excited and ambitious. ^_^*

Okay, here's what the situation looks like. I say we do the meet thing at/right after the cp.c meet, right by the fountains. Just 'meet' just to grab everyone...and forget about photos right then - then everyone can wander over to the TMR line so we're there in a clump. (Whether you're interested in seeing the concert or not, that's where we're now 'meeting' - in line.) I'll take pics then, and if you guys aren't exhausted, we can do a little soccer afterwards. I'm personally canning plans to be in or even view the masquerade, but even still for people who are participating in that, there should be a small timeframe in between the two events. That's the best I can do. I hope as many of you guys can make it as possible, but I don't want anyone getting stressed about it, because cosplaying really shouldn't cause stress.

Lilli
08-01-2003, 06:16 PM
^^; Since I can't have my Aya costume finished, I'll just follow around after Yui-sama with my sewing kit and be the Repair Wench for any Cosplay Casualties that might occur.

Mara
08-01-2003, 06:54 PM
It all sounds good to me. I'll bring some snacks to share during our line waiting.
And meeting at the cosplay.com shoot is a good idea~ it'll be easy to round everyone up.

Lyn
08-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Sounds good to me. ^^ My Kaoru will be in the line already at that point, saving spots though it all depends on how long the line is at that point as to how many people she can let cut in at her spot. So, if I can't cut in line to where she is, I'll just go with the group but we'll both be there for any J-Rock photos and such and well I imagine our Shinya and Toshiya will be with us sometime then too.

This makes me really happy that I can still do some photos with everyone and go to the concert as well. ^_^