PDA

View Full Version : Looking for local commissioner

KamiNeko371
06-03-2007, 04:30 AM
It's a long shot to ask about it here, but:

I'd LOVE to find someone in my area that makes costumes, so that we can have in-person fittings. I know there's so many talented commissioners out there, and overseas... but nothing's worse than a gorgeous cosplay that fits all weird because I measured myself wrong or something >_<

I live in the SF Bay Area in California...anyone around?!

Or, does anyone have a good suggestion as to where else I might look to find one?

Thank you!

Koumori
06-03-2007, 08:14 AM
You're in luck, actually - you live in one of the busiest and best costuming areas in the country. Visit the Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild at www.gbacg.org and have a look around... while it doesn't look like they have an online list of local commissioners anymore, you might ask on their Yahoo group or check with one of the members of the board to see if they maintain such a list informally.

KamiNeko371
06-04-2007, 12:45 PM
You're in luck, actually - you live in one of the busiest and best costuming areas in the country. Visit the Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild at www.gbacg.org and have a look around... while it doesn't look like they have an online list of local commissioners anymore, you might ask on their Yahoo group or check with one of the members of the board to see if they maintain such a list informally.

Thank you so much, that's a great place to start! I joined the LJ community and the Yahoo group, hopefully I will be able to find somebody. You've been a great help ^_^

I'd still love to find some cosplay.com-ers too~

KamiNeko371
06-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Hmmm...they are ignoring me so far T_T

Anyway, to be specific, I'm looking to get the following costumes made within the next year:

Re-L - Ergo Proxy
Shiba Kuukaku - Bleach
Seras Victoria - Hellsing

Maybe another one or two.