PDA

View Full Version : Darker Than Black fans?

Pyked
06-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Just wondering if anyone out there loves this series as much as I do. I mean, finally a cool looking male lead that isn't effeminate, emotional, or e(i)gnorant( The three deadly e-flaws of male leads in anime imho) ANYHOW, getting a bit off subject ^.^ Anyone else planning a Darker than black costume?

Going as Hei(bk201) which has now ran me into the brick wall of making the mask. I considered numerous materials.. wood.. plaster.. clay.. plastic.. and decided to try plaster at first with a wire frame.. yeah.. bad Idea due to roughness. My next choice was clay which upon ignoring the instructions I quickly found out what an "armature" meant.(cracked beautiful mask oh how I miss you) So third time is a charm and I have a clay mask FINALLY. Early tests have gone well for painting and I'm buying some sort of film for the eyes so I can cut them perfectly:3 The other parts of the costume are pretty easy to just buy or modify store bought items so BK201 is a-go. I hope to see atleast one other fan of the series out there :D (my icon is the mask w/o the dark film for the eyes/paint heh)

Ah.. Future note for those wanting to make an easy BK201 mask. I imagine that a cheap hockey mask + wonderflex would be even better than what I was able to make with clay.

MH-chan
06-05-2007, 02:30 AM
you crazy :3

<33

Pyked
06-05-2007, 03:00 AM
you crazy :3

<33

MH: Orly Miss ? .. AHH EPOXY on my .. oh gawd its.. so.. so.. shiny.. *runs for soap and water *

Jekjekj
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Did you finish that mask, and What con where you making it for?