PDA

View Full Version : What do you look forward to at NAF?

Tsukasa_1
06-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Just to get a feel for what everyone is looking forward too, I've started this pull.

youta
06-08-2007, 03:11 PM
No AMV contest? :(

I went last year to NAF because I had an AMV shown and I like to write reports about the shows. I hope to have another AMV at the show and, scheduling permitting, attend again.

On the cosplay front, I started photographing cosplayers last year at CNAnime and really had a good time doing so, plus further gaining experience shooting live models (I'm still very, very much a beginner, though). I felt a bit strange at NAF, though, because there weren't people taking pictures (or very few, clearly between friends), and I was too shy to come up to people on my own to ask for a pose. I feel a bit more confident now, so I'm hoping I'll be able to take some nice photos (AN was great in that respect, but again, lots of picture-taking going on).

Tsukasa_1
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
There still will be an AMV contest, a short one like always by the sounds of it (not many have entered it yet x.x) but non-the-less there will still be one taking place.

The application for under the programming menu on our website.

youta
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
There still will be an AMV contest, a short one like always by the sounds of it (not many have entered it yet x.x) but non-the-less there will still be one taking place.

The application for under the programming menu on our website.

Yes, I know, I did submit yesterday (I meant on the poll). Hint for this year: don't forget to add it to the printed programming schedule! :)

box of doom
06-09-2007, 05:43 PM
On the cosplay front, I started photographing cosplayers last year at CNAnime and really had a good time doing so, plus further gaining experience shooting live models (I'm still very, very much a beginner, though). I felt a bit strange at NAF, though, because there weren't people taking pictures (or very few, clearly between friends), and I was too shy to come up to people on my own to ask for a pose. I feel a bit more confident now, so I'm hoping I'll be able to take some nice photos (AN was great in that respect, but again, lots of picture-taking going on).

Most cosplayers would probably love to be stopped and have people compliment their costumes or get pics taken of them. I know I love it. (I'm also a newbie, but shhhhhhhhhh!)

Good luck getting some good shots!

youta
06-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Most cosplayers would probably love to be stopped and have people compliment their costumes or get pics taken of them. I know I love it. (I'm also a newbie, but shhhhhhhhhh!)

Good luck getting some good shots!

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope the weather is nicer this year, it was rather windy and threatening to rain last year. We'll see how it goes (although I don't cosplay myself, I'll be wearing my "photographer's cap" in case anyone sees me... and I'll gladly take pictures (to the best of my ability) of you with your own camera if I'm asked, although I usually offer to do that as as token "thanks" for the pose).

Regarding the AMV show, I hope more people can go this year. In 2006 the organizers forgot to print the showtime on the programming guide and there were only six people present. It's a small show, but the room, sound and screen were actually very good, and the chairs very comfortable. Although not as popular as the cosplay events, people do spend a lot of time and effort making these videos, and some are very good... please drop by and take a look! If I manage to go I'll be taking notes during the show... ask me for a DVD!

GimpyKitty
06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm excited to meet J-Rock fans in my area. and J-rock cosplayers as well.

Tsukasa_1
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
We've updated our website with some new programming info and panel info. There is more updates to come.

box of doom
06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Yay! My panels are approved! Now I just need to find more Hosts for the IC Ouran one...... hmmm.... *goes Hunting*

Tsukasa_1
06-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Contest Update!

Anime Elimination Pictionary

Are you good at drawing or guessing what other people draw? This is the game for you! Anime Pictionary will be returning this year.

So what is Anime Pictionary you ask? Well, it’s a team game where teams of four or more people will be guessing words and phrases that drawings will be representing; things from a wide variety of anime series and games.

How the game will work:

The host will draw the first picture and the team of which guesses it correctly will go first. The first team to go will select one of their members to go up and get a card from the host which will have a word and/or phrase on it. That team member will have 90 seconds to draw it on the white board. After the picture has been drawn, the members of the first team will be given 40 seconds to guess, then team two will have 40 seconds to guess.

Here’s where the elimination part of the game comes in: the losing team will draw one name out of the hat to eliminate that team member form the game. If both teams don’t get the answer right they both will have to draw a name eliminating one team member from both sides.

Once one of the teams has been completely eliminated, the game will enter into its final round which will put the team members against each other. The final round will be done with two members of the team at a time; they will both stand at the front of the room, and the host will draw a picture. The first one to guess that picture will remain at the front of a room while the other will be eliminated. Then another member of that team will join the current member at the front and the host will draw another picture. The process will repeat until there is only one left standing at the front.

This will make this person the winner of the Anime Elimination Pictionary!

Shukakachi
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
where and when is this convention, I hope I didn't miss it?!

Tsukasa_1
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi!
Nope you have not Missed it yet! The convention is on July 14th and 15th 2007, Located at Durham College in Oshawa, Ontario.

itchykneestudio
07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
This will make this person the winner of the Anime Elimination Pictionary!

So what is it that you win?

I only ask because I'm trying to con (*giggle) my sister into entering the game. I can't draw for beans.

Otaking97
07-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm at the con right now and wheeee it's fun!

What do I look forward too? MEETING CUTE COSPLAYING HIGHSCHOOL GIRLS!! Too take a page from Kimura sensei from AzuManga Daioh. Hehe.