PDA

View Full Version : Scrapped Princess

bittereloquence
06-05-2007, 10:39 PM
So I'm thinking of doing Shannon from Scrapped Princess, anyone else interested in doing someone from this way too under appreciated anime? It's such a crime that it hasn't got a very big fan following. T_T So anyone want to plan something? Has anyone but me even heard of it? ^^;;;

FE Freak
06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Cant say Im going to cosplay from it at Oni-con,so I'll scratch that.

I own the whole series.It's way worth the buy.After the series ended,it really left me thinking.I was putting things together after the show ended.Im re watching it and I'm itching to do a Shannon Casull or Chris Armalite cosplay.I know,I can do it,but that axe is crazy.

bittereloquence
06-06-2007, 03:39 PM
It's a great series and the lack of fan-following is just terrible. Until a friend showed it to me, I'd never even heard of it and after I saw the first ep, I was hooked. And I had a massive case of fangirl for Shannon. XP And yes, making Shannon's sword will probably be the hardest. I've about made up my mind to do Shannon but I'm afraid I'll be doomed to obscurity since so few people have heard of Scrapped Princess. Blah! Poor unenlightened fools

FE Freak
06-06-2007, 05:24 PM
You should do it regardless,Shannon is one bad character.You should be proud to show of his outfit and give me some pointers.XD I'd certainly notice you,who cant miss such a stiff collar and broad shoulders?

Etsu
06-06-2007, 11:37 PM
I considered cosplaying Raquel after my anime club showed the series, but that's been put on the back burner. However, I'll be looking for your Shannon 'cause he rocks. ^_^

bittereloquence
06-07-2007, 09:51 AM
You should do it regardless,Shannon is one bad character.You should be proud to show of his outfit and give me some pointers.XD I'd certainly notice you,who cant miss such a stiff collar and broad shoulders?

Heheh no kidding. Looks like some football shouldergaurds are in my future. XP But we'll see I suppose, I'm beginning to get excited about it so it should be fun so long as I start NOW and not a month before the con. *cough* I might be infamous for procrastination. >>

FE Freak
06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
You could try using those sew in pads? I found some that were similar to his shoulder...pad thingies.Well just start in now,and give us some progress pics.Are you gonna attempt to do that wig?0_o

bittereloquence
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Yes, I'm going to make the wig, sadly, I had hair that long and cut it all off. I think the only trouble I'll have with Shannon's wig will be weaving some extentions in but i should be able to do it. We'll find out come Oni-con, ne? ^^

C.C.
06-07-2007, 07:47 PM
im not sure if im going to have it done for oni, but i plan on doing leo. i heart him so hard. i may try for oni now that i know someone else want me to though. ^^

bittereloquence
06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Eeee~ Leo! He is pure love. In that "I'm not too bright, Gourry sort of way" But if you make it to Oni, that'll be so cool. I'm currently trying to find where I misplaced 9 yards of fabric. >> So let's hope I can even get started on my Shannon in the next three weeks or so. Grrr.

C.C.
06-09-2007, 04:25 PM
you can do it! go go!

yeah is pretty great. he makes me giggle. all i need now is a soopy kun...ahahahaha.

bittereloquence
06-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I'm re-watching Sutepri right now actually. ZOMG I love Shannon. And Zephiris makes me squee. If you make a soopy-kun, that would be like...the most awesome thing ever. Seriously. I picture Leo sleeping with a little soopy-kun plushie now and Raquel sneaking it out of his bed at night. *chuckles*

C.C.
06-10-2007, 01:25 AM
ahahahahaha.
ehehehehe.
yes. indeed.

bittereloquence
06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
...........dude. Seriously. If we do a Scrapped Princess shoot, I will SO find a way to make Soopy-kun treats. Like cookies and maybe some kind of stuffed pastry. *sniggers*

C.C.
06-11-2007, 01:08 AM
i think cookies would be good, dont they have bread or something in the show?

LordDeus
06-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Scrapped Princess was such a great show!! One of the best most under appreciated animes out there! I would love to join in and cosplay but I have no idea who I could possibly be.

bittereloquence
06-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Well, we have a Shannon and possibly a Leo so just about anyone is open. XP Major male characters would be Chris, Fuelle, Forsyth and err....a lot of minor characters. XP Scrapped Princess seems to be full of females for the most part. ^^;;

C.C.
06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
i actually think its pretty equal, its just...we've taken most of the guys. ^^ although, i say that if you want to be either of them, theres no need why you couldnt be lorddeus. i say cosplay what you want!

EDIT:
holy crap wait! where you that fabulous 8th captain at akon? cause if you where, you where awesome.

LordDeus
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
hehe nope, ive only cosplayed the 12th cpt... and i didnt get to go to Akon this year :(

bittereloquence
06-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Well, I think it would be awesome to have a Chris and then we can go about the con and pwn all the squealing Naruto and Bleach fangirls. XP But that might be my back talking after I nearly got mowed over by screaming fifteen year old glompers at Akon. >>

C.C.
06-12-2007, 12:52 PM
oh how the naruto fandom has degraded. at least i dont cosplay as someone well loved by squealing things from that series.

i do think a chris would be pretty cool though. and you could have an ax! mehehehehe

bittereloquence
06-12-2007, 12:58 PM
You did an excellent Tsunade, though. I think I saw you at Akon and maybe Anime Matsuri. And yes, I was so disappointed in all the really bad Naruto cosplay I saw at Akon. My Otouto does Itachi and he just simmered on the whole con about all the bad Akatsuki cosplayers there was. ^^;;

And yay for axes! All the better for beaning people upside the head. Fu fu fu fu

bittereloquence
06-25-2007, 04:59 AM
I've found my black fabric and I'm starting to work on the cloak. Why does Scrapped Princess have to be filled with so many confusing clothing? I mean seriously, what's up with the arms on their clothing!?! Separate pieces? Thought I have read that the person that did the art design fro Scrapped Princess is a very famous hentai artist and thus the err....well-endowment of all the females. Even girls like Cz and Zephy. *cough*

FE Freak
06-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I've found my black fabric and I'm starting to work on the cloak. Why does Scrapped Princess have to be filled with so many confusing clothing? I mean seriously, what's up with the arms on their clothing!?! Separate pieces? Thought I have read that the person that did the art design fro Scrapped Princess is a very famous hentai artist and thus the err....well-endowment of all the females. Even girls like Cz and Zephy. *cough*

The arm pieces kind of just jut up on the sides like armor..what's with that? And they have mutltiple layers of clothing.*counts* 5 layers of clothing,including the arm pieces,and then the shoulder pads,oy.But stepping back,the only REAL hard parts of the costume is getting the correct "slant on the front,the weapons...gloves...list is getting kind of long,the button things,and the boots.I dont know if any of you noticed but they all have the side part thing on the right side of their faces.Scrapped Princess looks good to cosplay,but when you get down to it,it'll make you cry.I applaud you bitterreloquence.

bittereloquence
06-26-2007, 12:04 AM
I know, I'm crying just thinking about it. *cringe* I've got too many things I need to do by the time Onicon comes around. Saaaa....I need to buckle down and do it. >_<

Gwydion
06-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Umm, ok, really random post as I'm no where near Oni-con, but I saw the thread from the main page and had to stop in. ^_^;; It's just so good to hear of other people cosplaying from this series! And from someone who's done it (Chris), let me just say that once you get how it's all supposed to fit together figured out, it's really not as bad as it looks!

So seriously, good luck to you, and I hope to see some pics up someday. ^_^ I'm just sad I can't join you...

FE Freak
06-27-2007, 12:35 AM
*getting sucked in the Scra-Prin cosplay world,this has turned into the un-official Scrapped Princess cosplay thread,lol.*Ok,question,those raised button things,do they connect the main part of the flap shirt thing to the individual sleeves or are they there for decoration?*Chris*And lining that cape and making that raised collar wont be fun.It's official,Chris Armalite has been added to my future cosplay list.Sorry Shannon,but that sword and scabbard are too detailed for my skills.

C.C.
06-28-2007, 10:37 PM
curses!
some crunk has come up which terminates any chance i would have had of completing leo by oni. i are sorriest!
i do however, look forward to see you other SP coplayers there! so if i see you, i'm saying hello!

bittereloquence
07-02-2007, 02:04 AM
C.C: I'm sorry to hear about that! I'm kinda waffling about Shannon myself right now. I'm a might intimidated by the costume and I have the most terrible craving to actually pull off my Valgaav costume that I've been wanting to do for years. >> Bloody cosplay ADD. >_<