PDA

View Full Version : Hancock Fabrics Going Out Of Business!

mikazuki
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok, some are... in my area two of the Hancock Fabric stores are going out of business. Hancock is shutting down over 140 stores with possibly more to follow.

Right now fabric is 80% off with very limited good fabric left. What I found out though is at the 10 day mark, Hancock managers are told to DESTROY patterns that are not sold!

Unfortunately for me, the 10 day mark passed seven days ago and all patterns were destroyed. The manager told me had I come in the week before she would have sold me the 1000+ remaining patterns for $10! :( So if your local Hancock store is shutting down and hasn't seen the 10 day mark yet, talk to the manager about getting your hands on patterns because frankly even if you only use a few and sell the rest, you can probably end up with a very good deal.

Sakura_Chang
06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
omg that sucks!!!! i hope mine doesn't go down. walmart just don't have the material i like..and joanns is over an hour away T_T!! hancocks is a walk away from where i live..

>.> i'll have to listen around and ask about the patterns..

calliecat
06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
wow! that's frustrating.

too bad there are none around me ><

elanems
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
This is old news... Kind of. But the fabrics were like 40~50% off before, and now they're 80%?!?!?!! I must to go one near my house :D

kalajessta
06-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Unfortunally, Hancocks in Ohio has been going out of business since the 90's.

Sakura_Chang
06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
well i found out the one near my house should still stay. wo0. i think i would have been lost.. unless hobby lobby opens any time freaking soon (was supposed to open in january...and what month are we in? yeah...)

Crystalike
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
WHAT?!?!?!! That's it, I'ma gonna go there today!!!!!!

Bahzi
06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Unfortunally, Hancocks in Ohio has been going out of business since the 90's.

I know! All the ones in Columbus are gone now I think, and just as I'm moving back there too!

The one by my parent's house in Cincy is staying open though....figures.