PDA

View Full Version : SailorMars's Tiara

Alanna-chan
04-26-2003, 09:47 PM
I know you probably get these all the time, but does anyone know where I can buy Sailormars's tiara or how I can make one?

bibi
04-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Try searching for an online shop that sells sailormoon cosplay items or you can make one. I'd suggest get some hard cardboard and cut out the shape, bend it into the shape (test it out on your forehead). Then covered in with gold foil or you could spray paint it gold. Finally stick a fake, oval shaped, red plastic jewl.

Tenshi
04-26-2003, 11:29 PM
That's a good suggestion. But may I suggest Flexi-Foam in place of cardboard? It will bend to the shape of your head.

I used Flexi-Foam and covered it in gold crepe satin when I made BT's tiara (if you're curious to see what it looks like, there's a picture in my gallery ^_^). I attached it to my head with spirit gum. You can get it at any costume supply shop (and make sure you get the remover too, because that stuff doesn't like coming off).

bibi
04-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Ah yes good idea with the foam. That would be more affective.

Hikaruchan
04-27-2003, 07:31 AM
I used metallic ribbon shaped into a V in front with a red rhinestone glued to the middle, with the back being black eleastic that would be hidden in my hair.

katrinastrife
04-27-2003, 03:51 PM
I went with the ribbon idea, too, but I think foam would be better, because it would hold it's shape and look nicer. Also, you might want to check e-bay, there's someone who used to sell metal tiaras for all the sailor senshi, though I haven't seen any in a while.

Allia
04-27-2003, 04:01 PM
I used Fomies craft foam that comes in sheets. I then painted it with gold/yellow Acrylic paint. I guess you could place it on with that gum but I used thin elastic to make sure it stayed on. It came out pretty good.

Raine
04-30-2003, 12:03 AM
Well, I haven't done Sailor Mars yet, but it's on my to do list. Here's what I plan to do - at JoAnn's or.. somewhere, buy a bit of shiny gold fabric. Then, cut out one half of the tiara shape, then the other. Then put elastic around the back, connecting the two from the.. well.. back. Finally, get a plastic jewel or something of the sort and put it in the middle, making the two ends in frotn appear connected.

Okay, I probably confused you.. *goes to draw picture in paint*

newmyu
05-26-2003, 01:39 PM
There's a place online, (I can't remember the name of it, unfortunately...) that specializes in doing these... they make them out of yellow gold brass, and use real semi-precious gemstones. They'll do any senshi you want too.

I've got one, and I've found the best way to attach it to my head was to put rough velcro on each tip, and stick it to my hair (it clings to your hair and stays put!)

I'll check for the address and see if I can find it.. :)

---

Here's that address:
http://www.orangeangel.com/cosplay/sm.shtml

And apparently they're only $9.00 + shipping..! :)

Hope that helps!

Alisa
05-27-2003, 12:49 AM
I made my sailor saturn tiara out of gold aluminum(I think it was aluminum...I could be wrong) sheet metal. I used a sheet of paper and cut it to the shape in the animations, then put up to my head, and altered it to a feasible shape. after that traced the paper on to the sheet metal and cut it out with metal shears. I then curved it to form to my forehead, sanded the edges for they are REALLY sharp, punched 2 holes with a nail and hammer, sanded those, and got an elastic string and strung it through...check out my gallery and hold on and I will scan a picture of my actual tiara. It is kinda old now and tattered. Just, so you get the idea of the shape.

---> this is the back of it. http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/312tiara.jpg

Tenshi
05-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Ooh! newmyu, thanks for the tip! I HATE spirit gum, and I'll have to try the velcro thing when I wear BT next.

archangeli
06-02-2003, 01:17 AM
I know who you are talking about katrinastrife. She made tiaras, wands, Neptune's mirror and a whole bunch of other stuff to sell on eBay. She stopped making her Sailor Moon accessories a few months ago. I think she was movig out or something but I have seen her post Saturn's Glaive (sp?) recently so I know she's still around. Keep an eye out and you'll find her.

If not, I'm with Alisa. You can buy aluminum sheet metal and spray it gold (I recommend Krylon's 24K Gold - the color is great!). I know of MetalWorks, but I've also seen some sheet copper at Michael's in the scrapbooking aisle.

Dali-Lamb
06-03-2003, 03:16 PM
this couldn't be more easy or effective:
1.) first, get a big old bucket of ice cream(i suggest chocolate) make sure it's in a plastic container, and share it with your friends or family!
2.) After you've finished the ice cream, clean out the container
3.) next, make a pattern out of paper or posterboard, and make sure it will fit over your forehead; and make sure it will go about an inch into your hairline
3.) next, trace out your pattern on the plastic tub and cut it out. and trust me it will cut very easily with a sharp pair of scissors.
4.) Next, use gold spray paint(try a metallic kind, it really works well) And add your red jewel(i suggest getting a cheap little glue gun; i got one for 2 bucks and it worked just fine)
5.)now you're probably asking yourself how in the world do i attach this?! well, don't worry i have another answer: bobby pins! as you can see in my picture they are somewhat visible, but trust me that was one of the few times it ever showed in my pictures. also, since you're going to be Sailor Mars you'll have black hair, so it won't show!! if you want another suggestion, try gluing flat hair clips to each side of the tiara and just clip it to your hair.

this worked absolutely perfect for me, and in my picture you can see how you like it. All of this cost under 10 dollars, including the ice cream, spray paint, glue gun, and pins; and in my opinion it worked perfectly!! I really hoped this helped!!

Everyone that took my picture thought it was great, and i even got stopped by the art director on Sailor Moon R (who was one of the Japanese guests) who congratulated me on my costume and took a picture ^-^V Good luck on your Sailor Mars costume i'm sure you'll do a great job on it!!!

~Dali-Lamb a.k.a Sailor Degobah

archangeli
06-07-2003, 07:43 PM
eBay seller: moonprism_online

Faily
06-07-2003, 08:38 PM
I'm with Alisa... her tiara looks absolutly gorgeous.... maybe sparying some glitter on it or something to add some glow to it?

Dali-lamb's way sound really yummy tho... yum, ice cream. :D Plus it looks really nice. ;)

Dali-Lamb
06-09-2003, 02:47 PM
thank you, it was my sister's idea, and yes the ice cream was verrrrrry nummy ^-^ *drooool*

~Dali-Lamb