PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Darksama28
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
This is my first time making my own outfit and I wanted to do a Knight of Rounds outfit. I was going to do Anya... until I realized what she had on. Nothing. So now I'm aiming towards Suzaku or Gino without the cape. Any tips on making the top suit part, the tail coat whatever you call it... because I think it's really hard to just find and modify...

Yo-Yo
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Hay everybody. :D I'm planning to do a Mao cosplay is the super near future. I'm going to get some geass contacts [close enough to the color, at least]&ttempt to recreate his ridiculous bangs without having a ridiculous wig, and I'm starting the costume only after I have his headphones&sunglasses done. I'm stuck on one thing, though. What sort of material would I use to make those glasses? I want them to be transparent&such, but I'm still very.. confused?

I asked a Kamina cosplayer what they used for his sunglasses&accidentely deleted the message. ;_;

I'm looking for a more stirdy material, something thick and reliable, preferrably molded by heat. Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks. :'D ♥

Crystalike
08-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I thought u might like to see my Suzaku cape, it was all hand painted and i think it turned out nice but god did it take a long time ....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/shadow3322/cosplay%20progress/100_0252.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/shadow3322/cosplay%20progress/100_0253.jpg

what kind of paint did you use? It looks so clean!!!!

Netto_Zero
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I didn't use a stencil i made a pattern of what it should look like and traced it on with chalk and filled in the lines. To make it look even I had two coats of white paint and then two coats of gold on top of that .......so much time each coat must have taken 1-1 1/2 per side of the front and like 2 hours per coat on the back. I guess that crisp lines are from idk 2 years of art major? lol

The gold paint was lumiere, it went a long way it was 5$ a bottle but i did the whole cape and undershirt and still had some left. The white undecoat was Tulips soft fabric paint.

DDR Faery Spice
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
So, a steady hand. xD I might try tape instead, but the base coat is a great idea. Thanks, and I can't wait to see Suzaku!

Yo-Yo
08-05-2008, 10:26 PM
That cape is amazing. 0.o; I wish I ha a steady hand like that. >w< I leave the edges to the painter's tape, lmao.

Netto_Zero
08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
See but i found out with painters tape on cloth....it doesn't really work and can sometimes leave a blob that liek seaped through the cloth especially with thinner paintsand if u don't brush the right way so i tend to avoid it.

Yo-Yo
08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I discovered that, too with my armor. I went crazy fixing the silver and blue just right, and it's still a little wobbly.. >.<; I really need to practice my painting, lmao.

Sumiye
08-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I just finished my normal Rollo jacket! I have to find the light blue undershirt and khaki shorts though.

LaPetiteSalope
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I didn't use a stencil i made a pattern of what it should look like and traced it on with chalk and filled in the lines. To make it look even I had two coats of white paint and then two coats of gold on top of that .......so much time each coat must have taken 1-1 1/2 per side of the front and like 2 hours per coat on the back. I guess that crisp lines are from idk 2 years of art major? lol

The gold paint was lumiere, it went a long way it was 5$ a bottle but i did the whole cape and undershirt and still had some left. The white undecoat was Tulips soft fabric paint.

Oh man! That looks awesome! I was going to use iron on transfers, but this looks much better! I need to get a hold on some lumiere paint for my Anya cosplay ><

phantomthief
08-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Bad webcam pic, but here's Suzaku! Minus wig... From the chest up XD

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1671680/

~Ari

Meta77
08-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Does anyone know where i can get zeros mask? <_<

OwlDepot
08-15-2008, 11:54 AM

~Ari

:D That looks great so far! What type of pattern and material did you use for it?

paper cosplay
08-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I want to make a black knight coat like all the black knights. however I'm not good with sewing how do you do the gray trim to the black jackets

Amiya
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM

~Ari

Oh, the details looks so clean! Wonderful work ^^ Even without the wig, I think the whole cosplay is coming together very nicely!

I want to make a black knight coat like all the black knights. however I'm not good with sewing how do you do the gray trim to the black jackets

Try bias tape? It looks clean and easy to work with~

RanmaSyaoran
08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Well... My R2 ED version of Charles (The Emperor) is nearly done, just need some photo's now! XD

paper cosplay
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Try bias tape? It looks clean and easy to work with~

thanks I'll try that.

I just want to expand my code geass costumes past the pizza delivery man me and my friends did last year. :crylaugh: code geass hadn't hit big in the states yet so few people knew what we were doing.

Artikgato
08-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm afflicted with a strange curse from this show, that I'm calling the Curse of Code Geass. It causes me to want to cosplay EVERYONE from this show. Well, not everyone. But I've got a list of 10 intended cosplays from this show! ^^;

I'm currently in-progress on Kallen's R1/pilot/rebellion outfit. I might do her Order of the Black Knights outfit and maaaaybe the yellow dress she wore in R2.

I'm also definitely planning on cosplaying R2 Cornelia sometime in the near future. =D

I have about six other costumes from this show I'd like to give a try (I'm not even kidding there), including CC's pretty black, red and white dress with the black bandana, Mao, Cecile in both her normal orange outfit and her yellow dress she wore to the Chinese Confederation, R2 CC, and Kallen in her Ashford Academy uniform.

...whew!

ycysusan2001
08-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm afflicted with a strange curse from this show, that I'm calling the Curse of Code Geass. It causes me to want to cosplay EVERYONE from this show. Well, not everyone. But I've got a list of 10 intended cosplays from this show! ^^;

I'm currently in-progress on Kallen's R1/pilot/rebellion outfit. I might do her Order of the Black Knights outfit and maaaaybe the yellow dress she wore in R2.

I'm also definitely planning on cosplaying R2 Cornelia sometime in the near future. =D

I have about six other costumes from this show I'd like to give a try (I'm not even kidding there), including CC's pretty black, red and white dress with the black bandana, Mao, Cecile in both her normal orange outfit and her yellow dress she wore to the Chinese Confederation, R2 CC, and Kallen in her Ashford Academy uniform.

...whew!

I can understand how you feel ^^;;; cause we are in the same page here. I got 4 C.C. cos and 1 lulu cos just for the past year... and more to come next year too^^;;;

OwlDepot
08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm currently undertaking making the girls Ashford Academy uniform. But I'm a bit stumped on the gold lining. A lot of people have used gold vinyl for theirs, any other suggestions for material I could use?

ycysusan2001
08-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm currently undertaking making the girls Ashford Academy uniform. But I'm a bit stumped on the gold lining. A lot of people have used gold vinyl for theirs, any other suggestions for material I could use?

Vinyl will work, but I think pleader looks better. However both vinyl and pleader are hard to sew. The easiest way will be the bias tape of any kinds. Some of the bias tape come in satin, which I think itll look well. I plan to satin for mine~ ^^;;; though not sure when am I gonna start making that.

XD~ are you gonna do Kallen in school uniform?

OwlDepot
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM
XD~ are you gonna do Kallen in school uniform?

Lol, however did you know? Though I'm doing Milly Ashford as well, hooray for generic school uniforms! You should defintely do one for C.C, you ALWAYS need more outfits for her. Then Sephy won't feel ostracized by only wearing school uniform Suzaku.

I was thinking of maybe getting bias tape but the using paint to make the tape the gold I like, the gold bias tape you can buy is too dark and brownish. But that seems a bit a retarded now in retrospect. Satin sounds like a pain to stitch on like that.

MegumiHime
08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Lol, however did you know? Though I'm doing Milly Ashford as well, hooray for generic school uniforms! You should defintely do one for C.C, you ALWAYS need more outfits for her. Then Sephy won't feel ostracized by only wearing school uniform Suzaku.

I was thinking of maybe getting bias tape but the using paint to make the tape the gold I like, the gold bias tape you can buy is too dark and brownish. But that seems a bit a retarded now in retrospect. Satin sounds like a pain to stitch on like that.

You could always make your own bias tape. It does wonders sometime. It may be a pain, but it's fun once you've learned how to.

ycysusan2001
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM

^^;;; I got all the fabric and stuff for school uniform, just need to sit down and sew... TT though C.C. got too many cos... currently I love the newest C.C. design on the front cover of this month's Newtype... so... I think I want to do that first ^^;;; Its sephy's fault not waring knight uniform at AX... she have that one too!

do you live in LA area? you can always to go Fashion District and get the exact gold you need. I dont think paint will be a good idea... cause it might go on uneven. Satin is not that hard to sew though... silk is ^^;;;

LaPetiteSalope
08-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Just wondering for C.C. cosplayers,

What fabric did you use to make her first season white jumpsuit out of?
I was thinking of using either twill or poplin.

I'm also currently working on Anya's vest...good god, it looks very simple, but it's so confusing to make. ><

Ashbrie
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Haha, I was going to ask the same thing!

Personally, I was thinking fabric with more stretch to it, like a stretch cotton or something, since itís so form-fitting. But, at the same time, I worry the stretch fabric would stretch weird with the buckles on her sleeve if they're heavyÖ

Iím also concerned about white fabric typically being very see-through. Did any other C.C. cosplayers have a problem with this? Can you just get away with wearing flesh-colored panties/bra or was more converge needed?

ycysusan2001
08-21-2008, 04:03 PM

I'm also currently working on Anya's vest...good god, it looks very simple, but it's so confusing to make. ><

I use vinyl for mine and make it fit my body without stretching the fabric too much. that way I dont have to worry about underwear showing.

Netto_Zero
08-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Yea i really hate white fabric, i had to double up on my knights of the round uniform which made it even hotter, if i didn't where the seems met it would have been more white cuz of the extra fabric so i would just go with vynal and i also think vynal fits the design and if your worryed about not being able to move you can buy 4-way stretch vynal.

LaPetiteSalope
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM

Personally, I was thinking fabric with more stretch to it, like a stretch cotton or something, since itís so form-fitting. But, at the same time, I worry the stretch fabric would stretch weird with the buckles on her sleeve if they're heavyÖ

Iím also concerned about white fabric typically being very see-through. Did any other C.C. cosplayers have a problem with this? Can you just get away with wearing flesh-colored panties/bra or was more converge needed?

haha that happened to me too.
I went to joanns, bought about 4 yards of fabric (i'm pretty tiny)....turns out I didn't buy enough because if I don't double the fabric, it is semi-see though. >< urgh, what a waste of fabric.
I was thinking stretch vinyl too, but the only kind of vinyl I could find was thick, upholstery vinyl (with a fuzzy back?) Would PVC be too shiny? O____O
should I buy this apparel vinyl?: http://www.spandexworld.com/catalog/viewitem.php?id=729

Amiya
08-21-2008, 06:01 PM

I used a light satin, it wasn't shiny and a lot easier to sew than some alternative choices (vinyl, etc.) *I don't own a sewing machine, so that probably affected my fabric choice* ^^"

Pics here: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/117610/

I tried a sport nit type fabric and the buckles I made caused very unpleasant looking strain on the sleeves~ So I changed my fabric choice to a light satin~

I doubled the fabric for everything and I wore skin-toned bra/panties underneath for all my photos~ I thought it was enough to avoid the see-through effect ^^"

Final product here: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/117610/

Ashbrie
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Vinyl and light satin! I would not have thought of either, hahaha XD

Thanks for the heads up on the sports-knit type fabrics! I had a feeling, but I also thought I may have just been paranoid--apparently not, heh. The doubling up is a really good idea too--didn't think of that before.

I'd love to hear what other C.C's have used, but I'll definitely consider those two. Although vinyl is a little intimidating @_@ Not very sympathetic to mistakes...

ycysusan2001
08-21-2008, 11:55 PM
haha that happened to me too.
I went to joanns, bought about 4 yards of fabric (i'm pretty tiny)....turns out I didn't buy enough because if I don't double the fabric, it is semi-see though. >< urgh, what a waste of fabric.
I was thinking stretch vinyl too, but the only kind of vinyl I could find was thick, upholstery vinyl (with a fuzzy back?) Would PVC be too shiny? O____O
should I buy this apparel vinyl?: http://www.spandexworld.com/catalog/viewitem.php?id=729

PVC will work, but itll peal off under the heat. If you are thinking waring this costume for many years I dont suggested.

Tifa on a Cloud
08-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Man, it's been 17 pages since my last post, and almost two years since I seriously decided to make a Geass costume. It's funny to think that I could've had one of the first Zeros, and now there's been so many great ones. It really ups the ante, doesn't it? Other costumes and situations really delayed this, and I have more characters I want to make. Missing a contest was the last straw.

I hope to put together a R2 Zero soon. I'm going to start looking into the mask. I originally had the concept of modding a goalie mask, but I can't find a cheap one. So I'm looking into alternatives. I'm hoping to have a working back for it. If I can't at least say I was one of the first, I hope I can at least say I'm one of the decent ones (one can dream). I also want to pay attention to the lay of the cloak. The animation also makes selecting fabric difficult. It some shots there's a definite shine, which is absent in others. I only know that the outer cloak is shiny for certain. I don't think I'd use outright gold for the main part.

I also want to make R2 Orange, Lloyd, and possibly Guilford and Charles. I'll probably make R1 Zero eventually, and I'd love to do that gentleman's wear from the DVD box.

I'll be reading up.

Yumei
08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello.....I'm doing a Cornelia cosplay and to stand out from the other Cornelia cosplayers I decided to do her R2 outfit instead of her original. I have a farily decent pic I can work off. Only thing is with my limited internet access I could use some tips,suggestions,and help. The pic I have I cannot get it printed in color....so instead of being able to take the pic with me to the fabric store and use it as a ref in picking the right color could somone tell me or suggest what color to look for. The actually name of the color it is or can they suggest what color I should go for? I'm talking about the maroonish color of her boots gloves and top. http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/Scooby817/chara_53.jpg

Also can someone pherhaps recommend what color wig I should use? I've always thought her hair was more on the pinkish side but I've seen the other cosplayers use a purple wig.
Thanks

Mikka☆
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
For those who have cosplayed C.C.'s R2 outfit out there, for her thigh high boots, what paint did you use to paint on the gold designs? D:

LaPetiteSalope
08-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Hello.....I'm doing a Cornelia cosplay and to stand out from the other Cornelia cosplayers I decided to do her R2 outfit instead of her original. I have a farily decent pic I can work off. Only thing is with my limited internet access I could use some tips,suggestions,and help. The pic I have I cannot get it printed in color....so instead of being able to take the pic with me to the fabric store and use it as a ref in picking the right color could somone tell me or suggest what color to look for. The actually name of the color it is or can they suggest what color I should go for? http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/Scooby817/Cosplay%20Ideas/chara_53.jpg I'm talking about the maroonish color of her boots gloves and top.

Also can someone pherhaps recommend what color wig I should use? I've always thought her hair was more on the pinkish side but I've seen the other cosplayers use a purple wig.
Thanks
The picture doesn't work anymore ><

I'd go with a violet/fuchsia color:
http://www.amphigory.com/wig_color_excitable.html

Crystalike
08-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey! Got my Lelouch wig and contacts, and need to finish the fleur de lis signs on the uniform, then I'm done and am hoping to have pictures up within the next two weeks!

ycysusan2001
08-22-2008, 04:37 PM
For those who have cosplayed C.C.'s R2 outfit out there, for her thigh high boots, what paint did you use to paint on the gold designs? D:

I glue on the the same pleader that I use for bias tape... If you want to painted on, the color might not be matching.

MegumiHime
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
I've decided to add Nomette to the list for Youma Con. I've been craving to do a Knight of Rounds since earlier this summer. I wanted to do someone that isn't cosplayed alot for KoR, like Suzaku, but at the same moment, there's only a few I can do that I look decent in.

I have the main material already, I just need to buy some black, some velvet or velour for her cape, paint, and her wig. I'm hoping to order her wig this week. Tomorrow, I'm stopping buy Joanns to pick up the rest of her material hopefully with the Labor Day sales ^__^

MegumiHime
09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Question for Knight of Round cosplayers, what material did you use for the cape?

Jacaranda
09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
So, recently I've been thinking of doing a cosplay of Lelouch. I was browsing around for contacts, and then while on 9mm spfx I found something interesting:

http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/geass.aspx

Geass lense. I WANT IT. NAO. xD

Seriously, if I ever scrape up $160, then I'll get it in a heartbeat.

Muze
09-02-2008, 07:20 PM
So, recently I've been thinking of doing a cosplay of Lelouch. I was browsing around for contacts, and then while on 9mm spfx I found something interesting:

Geass lense. I WANT IT. NAO. xD

Seriously, if I ever scrape up $160, then I'll get it in a heartbeat.
I actually would recommended you ask them for a customized geass contact instead of the mass production one they listed on the site.

Reason been the color in the mass production one seems less saturated compare to a customized one, you also have the option of vision or no vision.

This is what I mean, base on ref pic here -
http://giapet.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/geass.png

Notice the Geass color is more shinny, also the pupil become distinctively tiny when Geass is activated.
Now compare that to the mass production one they listed
You can also see that with the pupil hole left open, it looked rather awkward with that big black hole there.

This is the one I have, also from 9mmsfx.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1581962/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1629814/
rest of the photo is not as head on shot like this one, but more colorful.

It had no vision, the pupil was a fake drawn on one, however it is not so bad to only have one eye vision.
You also have a better control on the color you want for the eye and as I recall, the price is about the same for a customized one vs a mass production one.

Jacaranda
09-03-2008, 02:24 AM
That lens is looking mighty tempting right about now. o_o

If a custom one isn't much more pricey than the mass-produced one, then I guess I would consider it to get some more color-accuracy. Although, I don't think I'd go so far as to have it be a sightless contact. I have enough coordination issues with two eyes; I can't imagine what would happen if I had no depth perception. xD;

By the way, does your lens spin at all, or is it... darn, forgot the term. The way they weight the lens so that it doesn't spin? ._.;

Muze
09-03-2008, 02:44 AM
They don't, unlike most contacts, 9mmsfx are hardshell ones, which is thicker and have a weight to it. It also spin itself back to upright postion even if you didn't put it in correctly.

Tallus
09-03-2008, 03:36 AM
I got a custom lense from 9mm like the day before the mass produced one showed up on their page, it was only $20 more and it looked way more realistic than the solid-color thing they have. Unfortunately, there was a problem.

Anyone who might be allergic to newer-brand contact lenses that self-hydrate, such as Acuvue, may want to ask your lense provider to use a Freshlook-brand lense instead.

I'm allergic to the newer lenses, so the Geass I had made my eye burn after a while...it got so bad that after just a few hours, I had to remove it. My eye was inflamed for two days, and has been sealed shut overnight by puss and mucous for the last 3 (kinda gross to clean all that out.) It's fine now, but I don't think I'll be able to wear that lense for anything other than specifically-timed shoots from now on. It really sucked...I loved that thing.

Ah well. In other news, I have photos in my gallery of the completed R2 version of Zero that I cosplayed as to DragonCon this past weekend. Epic collar of DEWM was had! I'll be fixing the outfit up and making a few minor adjustments before I wear it again.

kimuhalu
09-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Is the price listed the cost of one contact or a pair?

I'd love to get a green geass lens for my R2 Jeremiah cosplay. I wouldn't be able to see well out of the left eye anyway, since my glasses won't fit over the eye piece. So they'll be perfect. (Left eye vision bad, right eye almost perfect) ;)

As for getting it custom done, to those who ordered custom did you send a screenshot from the show or did you render something in photoshop? I'm curious.

solomongold22
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
oh! oh! question!! what are you using to make the lloyd costume!!?

Tallus
09-05-2008, 01:03 AM

It's per lense, hence the quantity option. Most folks have a different prescription for each eye, so the only time you'd be hitting the 2 quantity would be for Plano.

For my lense, I submitted a custom image designed by myself based on the average appearance and color-scheme used throughout the series, then added realistic eye details to make it look good because I was using a regular opaque colored lense on my other eye and it'd look awkward for the Geass to be flat in color. I was able to see through it just fine, unlike poor Muze, and still managed to get the right look for the 'wings' in the pupil. If my camera didn't suck, I'd take a picture...but it does look like 9mm uses some sort of printing machine to make custom lenses because it looked SO perfectly like my design, there's no way I'd believe they hand-painted it.

Amiya
09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
oh! oh! question!! what are you using to make the lloyd costume!!?

I would suggest something a little bit heavier/thicker because 1) white fabric tends to be a little translucent and 2) lighter fabric will sometimes cling to the pants underneath~ So prefer something static resistant would probably be nice too...

If I was making this costume, I would use casa satin (and no, it's not shiny like other type of satins)~ *actually, might be making it eventually* Lloyd is totally win!

Best of luck and I hope my rant helps ^^

Muze
09-05-2008, 01:03 PM
It's per lense, hence the quantity option. Most folks have a different prescription for each eye, so the only time you'd be hitting the 2 quantity would be for Plano.

For my lense, I submitted a custom image designed by myself based on the average appearance and color-scheme used throughout the series, then added realistic eye details to make it look good because I was using a regular opaque colored lense on my other eye and it'd look awkward for the Geass to be flat in color. I was able to see through it just fine, unlike poor Muze, and still managed to get the right look for the 'wings' in the pupil. If my camera didn't suck, I'd take a picture...but it does look like 9mm uses some sort of printing machine to make custom lenses because it looked SO perfectly like my design, there's no way I'd believe they hand-painted it.

It wasn't that baddddd, I'm quite used to having 1 eye vision cosplay~ Zero was especially fun though, having 1 eye vision inside a 5'' visor and standing on 1 story tall pillar
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/?action=view&current=Zerotall.jpg
during fanime was fun~.

I'd love to get a green geass lens for my R2 Jeremiah cosplay. I wouldn't be able to see well out of the left eye anyway, since my glasses won't fit over the eye piece. So they'll be perfect. (Left eye vision bad, right eye almost perfect) ;)

As for getting it custom done, to those who ordered custom did you send a screenshot from the show or did you render something in photoshop? I'm curious.

Anything that clearly shows the design you need in color will be good, however due to everyone's monitors color vary, I recommand you also indicated out with a well known color chart. Your basic process is e-mail them for a quote with attachment, they'll give you a price and tell you what kinda base lense you should order. You than order that on the website and tell them refer to the e-mail you send earlier for the quotation. it usually take about 2 weeks for the lens to reach you.

Very important, pick have your pupil show or block out completely, but do not try to have both. Having a smaller than normal pupil size hole cut out on your lens only give you tunnel vision, which will give you motion sickness very easily.

kimuhalu
09-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Thank you, Tallus and Muze! I'll have to make the design then, and schedule an eye appointment sometime soon. I gotta get an orange one too since the geass will look awkward with a hazel eye. ^^

Much appreciated.

Jacaranda
09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Ditto on that; all the information was really helpful. Thanks guys! =D

I think that the only problem for me is that I'm really used to wearing soft lenses; is getting used to hard lenses difficult? You know, on the off chance that I do get enough cash for a geass lens. Christmas wish list, perhaps? xD

Muze
09-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Kess, I don't think you'll need an orange one, these hardshell contacts are very thick and are basicly 0% transparnt. Doesn't matter what color your eye is, the result is the same.

Hardlense are more comfortable to wear , atleast for me. You don't really get air bubbles under then lense compare to the soft one when you put it on, however it is much more difficult to take it off, it require more squeezing.

kimuhalu
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Kess, I don't think you'll need an orange one, these hardshell contacts are very thick and are basicly 0% transparnt. Doesn't matter what color your eye is, the result is the same.

Hardlense are more comfortable to wear , atleast for me. You don't really get air bubbles under then lense compare to the soft one when you put it on, however it is much more difficult to take it off, it require more squeezing.

Ah. I meant a normal contact that colors your iris orange for my right eye. ;) I want to be able to see where I'm going. lol Thank you though. <3

Jacaranda
09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I asked around, and some of my friends wear hard lenses, so maybe I'll take one of them on as my coach. xD

So, in cosworx's recent wig sale I gave in to temptation and bought two wigs for Suzaku. Yes, two. I was having a hard time choosing between 30 and 130, and both of them (in the Roni style) were in the $12 department, so I thought, "Hey, why not?" xD I know one of my friends is thinking of cosplaying as that lovable knight in shining armor, and then I have another friend who would also make a good Suzaku.

Currently I'm in the process of converting all of my friends into Code Geass fans so I can put together a giant Geass cosplay group. =D Muahahaha...

Crystalike
09-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Lelouch School uniform photos are up! hurrah! I mean, All Hail BrITTANIA!

MegumiHime
09-08-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm starting Knight of Zero! Suzaku for Youma Con XD

Jacaranda
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM

You make a smexy Lelouch. =D

Oddly, right after my last post I heard a package hit our front doorstep (sound travels really well in my house). So, I go outside to check what it was and I find...

My two Ronis! A wig I ordered from Amphigory arrived earlier today via UPS, so I'm really happy right now. xD

Looking at the two wigs... I'm really stuck on which one looks better. o_o; 130 is very close to that reddish tinge that his hair seems to have in certain pictures (I'm rather partial to that shade), but 30 is more brownish... which is also close. What do you guys think?

130 is on top, 30 is on the bottom:
Flash (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/suzakuwigsflash.jpg)
No flash (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/suzakuwigsnoflash.jpg)

Aaaaaaand, the sliiiiiiight color difference I'm talking about.
Sorta reddish (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/127664-20071122012920.jpg)
More brownish (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/suzaku_92_animestockscom.jpg)

And then there are some scenes where it looks dark brown. Goddamn the animators and CLAMP. >_>

LaPetiteSalope
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM

Oddly, right after my last post I heard a package hit our front doorstep (sound travels really well in my house). So, I go outside to check what it was and I find...

My two Ronis! A wig I ordered from Amphigory arrived earlier today via UPS, so I'm really happy right now. xD

Looking at the two wigs... I'm really stuck on which one looks better. o_o; 130 is very close to that reddish tinge that his hair seems to have in certain pictures (I'm rather partial to that shade), but 30 is more brownish... which is also close. What do you guys think?

Flash (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/suzakuwigsflash.jpg)
No flash (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/suzakuwigsnoflash.jpg)

Sorta reddish (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/127664-20071122012920.jpg)
More brownish (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/suzaku_92_animestockscom.jpg)

And then there are some scenes where it looks dark brown. Goddamn the animators and CLAMP. >_>
I'd stick with the second one in my opinion

Amiya
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
After watching episode 22 of R2 and I really want to make emperor lelouch's outfit! It's just too sparkly to pass up! *goes off to draft pattern*

I'm also starting on a Li Xingke outfit...the problem is that I'm debating which one of his two. Any suggestions? (or preferences? or general which one looks better?)

Fabulous job! *like my comments before*

I think the bottom one is best ^^"

OkazakiAkane
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
What would be the difficulty level of sewing the jacket for the girls' school uniform? I'm not sure whether I should commission one or just try sewing it myself.

LaPetiteSalope
09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Blarggg
Tianzi's wig looks so difficult to make. ><
I'm stumped if I should buy a short base wig (china doll?) and add on extensions or if I should buy a long wig (like Ivy) and just chop off the bottom?

Code Geass is so freaking addicting. I'm already working on C.C. and Anya too.

Amiya
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Blarggg
Tianzi's wig looks so difficult to make. ><
I'm stumped if I should buy a short base wig (china doll?) and add on extensions or if I should buy a long wig (like Ivy) and just chop off the bottom?

Code Geass is so freaking addicting. I'm already working on C.C. and Anya too.

I would go with short base wig and extension...

Mariks_Dragon
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I am working on a fully motorized verson of Zero Helmet. The back pieces are going to move just like in the show

OwlDepot
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/173293/

:D I finished the Ashford Academy uniform. Now I just need a Shirley for AX or PCC to grab me some boobies!

Chiclet
09-11-2008, 01:15 AM
I am working on a fully motorized verson of Zero Helmet. The back pieces are going to move just like in the show

That sounds like the single most amazing thing ever created. Seriously.

Hmm... My friend wants me to cosplay Nunnally, which would be fun, but I think I'd rather be Lloyd? Time shall tell...

kira_elric
09-11-2008, 02:02 AM
omg the funnest photoshoot I've ever been to was the code geass one at ACEN this year. I am stoked to cosplay Geass at Youmacon this year! I have three versions of Suzaku too! Knight of Seven, Casual clothes (blue trench coat), and Picture Drama #7 - when it was School Girl!Suzaku XDDDDD I have a friend who's going to cosplay Euphemia and another who's going to cosplay C.C. I SO can't wait.

Crystalike
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM

The second one. ^^; brown is right.

Owl Depot: LAWL.

Okay, I really really want a Geass contact now...I want to see Cosplaylab's new Geass contact when pictures come out of that and compare it to 9mmsfx' Geass contact.

I also want to make myself a Zero helmet too...oh Code Geass, how addictive...

Atashi
09-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I found Geass sigil contacts for $50 each in Japan...but the thing is, as much as I'd like to try Geassing someone, I can't cosplay Lelouch or Rolo since I'm short and female. Darn CLAMP noodles. (And before anyone suggests the Emperor...)

Kaguya/Nina/Nunnally/Anya need to get a Geass. Then I'd be all set.

Jacaranda
09-14-2008, 01:59 AM
The second one. ^^; brown is right.

Owl Depot: LAWL.

Okay, I really really want a Geass contact now...I want to see Cosplaylab's new Geass contact when pictures come out of that and compare it to 9mmsfx' Geass contact.

I also want to make myself a Zero helmet too...oh Code Geass, how addictive...

Brown it is; IRL cosplay friend consensus agrees. xD I might think about buying some wig dye from Katie Bair and have a go with it at the other one, since I might want to turn one of my other friends into Suzaku as well. Me and my other friends are getting him into cosplay. =D

And the helmet... oh, the helmet. I want to attempt Zero one of these days, but the question is which one? I like the helmet from season one better, but the outfit for R2 seems so much more epic... yet I dislike the changed shape of the helmet. D:

o01101011
09-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know where to watch the episodes dubbed? I refuse to stay up till 5am to watch it on adult swim now -___-;

Plus the adult swim website doesn't seem to have the episodes listed in any order so its a pain to try and watch on there.

MegumiHime
09-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know where to watch the episodes dubbed? I refuse to stay up till 5am to watch it on adult swim now -___-;

Plus the adult swim website doesn't seem to have the episodes listed in any order so its a pain to try and watch on there.

Your post has been reported. Please do not ask that type of information on these forums. This is for cosplay.

Jacaranda
09-14-2008, 05:50 PM
I has new best friend. <3

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/code%20geass/korsuzaku1.jpg

No more constantly going back to the computer to check references that vary by monitor settings or trying to use 2-D references to make a 3-D hairstyle~ Plus, I held up this little guy to my brown wig, and it seems like almost a perfect match. o_o;

I actually wanted to get Lulu in his R2 zero outfit because it showed all the details on his suit quite nicely (including what was under the coat), but then I opened up the box and I was like, "OHAY, I has reference now! 8D" Well... and I already have two Lulus (ashford and season 1 zero) sitting on my shelf.

Alas, I am broke now. xD;

o01101011
09-14-2008, 06:31 PM
oO geeze sorry I didn't know it was against the rules to ask a simple question. I would have been happy knowing if code geass had a US release on DVD.

I get that the forums are for cosplay but the threads for series often go off in other directions too.

kimuhalu
09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
^The first two DVDs have been released, but you'll be lucky if you get one without a glitch. I'd wait to get it until Bandai fixes it.

DarkFujin
09-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Your post has been reported. Please do not ask that type of information on these forums. This is for cosplay.

Your post has been reported. Please do not post that type of off-topic information on these forums. This is for cosplay, and you're not a moderator, nor are you talking about cosplay when you interrupt the thread to decide what someone else can or can't post when it's not your decision.

o01101011, if you have Comcast On Demand they put up Code Geass episodes under the Adult Swim area. You'll have to wait a long time to see them all if you go that route though. If you have a VCR or DVR you can record the episodes while you go to bed. You can also watch it at http://www.adultswim.com/video/index.html
But as Kesshoutan said, there are only two DVDs out right now. I haven't bought them yet though, so I don't know if they're glitchy or not.

jyuuna
09-15-2008, 08:51 PM
im going to cosplay Jeremiah Gottwald next year, im planning to make the eye mask on his left eye, XD

kimuhalu
09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
^Yes, please make it for the left eye. The first time I tried making it I made it for the right eye. XD What a goof that was.

Seiyora
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I may do Suzaku sometime next year, not sure which outfit yet, though :> Probably one of the simpler ones.

MegumiHime
09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I may do Suzaku sometime next year, not sure which outfit yet, though :> Probably one of the simpler ones.

Good luck. Most of them aren't simple. ^^;;

Seiyora
09-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Good luck. Most of them aren't simple. ^^;;

Touchť >D; I was thinking this outfit (http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Code-Geass/item197492/) (minus cape?) or his school uniform, neither of which are easy but they're at least relatively less complex than some of his other outfits. :bigtu:

MegumiHime
09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Touchť >D; I was thinking this outfit (http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Code-Geass/item197492/) or his school uniform, neither of which are easy but they're at least relatively less complex than some of his other outfits. :bigtu:

By far, his Ashford > Casual outfits are your way to go to less complex then the rest. The Knight of Round is pretty detailed and complicated. I'm working on that one after Knight of Zero's outfit.

Seiyora
09-16-2008, 12:32 AM
I actually haven't gotten too far into series, most of what I've seen of Suzaku's outfits are from official art. Thanks for the suggestions!

MegumiHime
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I actually haven't gotten too far into series, most of what I've seen of Suzaku's outfits are from official art. Thanks for the suggestions!

No problem. The world needs more Suzaku's (there's too few compared to Lelouch's).

NinjaNana707
09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
so far i'm almost done with CC r 2 costume and CC's white suit from the first season

i did the lolita outfit that she wore when her and Lelouche went to meet mao

i actually have the pics up if you guys want to check them out. only its incomplete since my little cousin murdered my green wig so i need a new one xD

Atashi
09-17-2008, 01:04 AM
I can't believe I'm actually working on Lelouch and Nunnally Ashford Academy uniforms for a friend and myself. I thought that I'd never be skilled enough to sew the uniforms, but they're currently going better than I thought. I also got a REAL WORKING WHEELCHAIR for Nunnally cosplay... I'm still in disbelief that I actually bought it for $40. I kind of feel bad for people who were also interested in purchasing and probably actually had a real need for it.
Also, my friend is male/slender/tall/Caucasian, so I can't wait to see how his Lelouch will turn out (I've seen too many female/Asian Lelouch cosplayers >_>).

benihime
09-17-2008, 01:27 AM
DUDE
okay i started watching code geass
and i LOVE IT
i'm so tempted to cosplay lulu's outfit - the greenish one from the 1st ending , where he's running away? i don't think i've seen anyone attempt that one and it's really nifty :3

Soy Sauce
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm having trouble finding Rolo's wig because his hair is like a faded brown. I tried buying a wig for him and it look too brown, almost as brown as Suzaku's hair. Can anyone help me find the right wig color for him? I've done my searching on Cosworx, Amphigory, and US Wigs, unless I missed something.

Seiyora
09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I can't believe I'm actually working on Lelouch and Nunnally Ashford Academy uniforms for a friend and myself. I thought that I'd never be skilled enough to sew the uniforms, but they're currently going better than I thought. I also got a REAL WORKING WHEELCHAIR for Nunnally cosplay... I'm still in disbelief that I actually bought it for $40. I kind of feel bad for people who were also interested in purchasing and probably actually had a real need for it.
Also, my friend is male/slender/tall/Caucasian, so I can't wait to see how his Lelouch will turn out (I've seen too many female/Asian Lelouch cosplayers >_>).

*gasp* A MALE Lulu?! Surely you jest! This is for AAC, right? :3

OwlDepot
09-18-2008, 02:54 AM
I've been toying around with the idea of adding the Order of the Black Knights uniform to my Kallen cosplay collection. Any suggestions on fabric type? Twill?

Soy Sauce - http://cgi.ebay.com/BOB-SHORT-PEANUT-BLONDE-cosplay-wig-code-geass-rolo_W0QQitemZ310083610224QQihZ021QQcategoryZ60188 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Rawrchu
09-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Anyone thinking of doing Suzaku/Lelouch's newest outfits? XD

ycysusan2001
09-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Rawrchu: I plan to do both... though probably next year. ^^;;; Im pretty pack this year

Amiya
09-18-2008, 10:03 AM

Oh, I am! I'm going to start drafting a pattern for Lelouch's once I finish my current sewing jobs ^^"

Atashi
09-18-2008, 01:03 PM
*gasp* A MALE Lulu?! Surely you jest! This is for AAC, right? :3
Yep, AAC 2008... Look for a male Lelouch pushing around a wheelchair and possibly Suzaku in tow.

MegumiHime
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM

I've already been in works since R22 had aired for Suzaku's Knight of Zero outfit. It will be finished in time for Youma Con.

Hedgehogey
09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
My next geass cosplay (did lelouch already) is gonna be toudou in his JLF uniform. I'm having a bitch of a time finding reference pics though. This was the best I could get:

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa9/Geass2/code103t.jpg

and the official knockoff here:
http://www.hellocosplay.com/code-geass-four-holy-swords-cosplay-costume-p-2.html?

Anyone have any ideas on making the shoulder things? I could possibly make them out of sheet metal. Also he wears puttees around his shins. Anyone know where I could find such things?

Soy Sauce
09-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Soy Sauce - http://cgi.ebay.com/BOB-SHORT-PEANUT-BLONDE-cosplay-wig-code-geass-rolo_W0QQitemZ310083610224QQihZ021QQcategoryZ60188 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

You're the 3rd person that lead me to this wig. It's the only one that's drawing my attention out of the ones I'm looking for. Thanks OwlDepot.

J.Shimamura009
09-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Luna-chan your Costumes are Awesome BTW I am sending you an invite.

anyway, I am also tossing around the idea of Cosplaying someone from Geass as well I am pretty much down to either Suzaku or Lelouche (I might even try Lelouche Cosplaying Suzaku ;) )

athrun-zala
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I doing Lelouch in shcool Uniform and later Kallen in a black long Jacket from code geass sound episodes ^__^

princedraco
09-23-2008, 01:37 AM
I really want to do latest R2 Suzaku outfit depending on what happens in last episode. right now i want to do his R2 battle outfit, even though his knight of rounds outfit is mad cool. my hair could almost work for him but not long enough, dont know what best wig for suzaku would be. i'm really stuck on if i want to do suzaku or gin espada from bleach as 3rd outfit for katsucon. most my online friends all seem to be doing geass, and its my fav anime just dont know if i'll look good, because im a newbie but i like to look good as character and fit them look wise.

Scortia
09-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm cosplaying Lelouch's newest outfit which I dub "el Popa". Gotta love the ridiculous asymmetry and hideous detail work.

Amiya
09-23-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm cosplaying Lelouch's newest outfit which I dub "el Popa". Gotta love the ridiculous asymmetry and hideous detail work.

Me too, me too...the pattern for the cape/drapy thingy is annoying me so much *still couldn't find decent references pictures* Do you plan to make that...unique hat as well? ^^"

Would love to see how yours turn out!

Angathol
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Me too, me too...the pattern for the cape/drapy thingy is annoying me so much *still couldn't find decent references pictures* Do you plan to make that...unique hat as well? ^^"

Does this help (http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12212745050043lw8.jpg)? Sorry if you've seen it already!

I'm hoping to do a Code Geass cosplay either by the end of the year or during a con next spring, though I have too many ideas to decide on one right now. ;A;

Amiya
09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Does this help (http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12212745050043lw8.jpg)? Sorry if you've seen it already!

I'm hoping to do a Code Geass cosplay either by the end of the year or during a con next spring, though I have too many ideas to decide on one right now. ;A;

Oh, THANK YOU! For some reason I thought the shirt and the cape thingy was combined into one...now it's making a lot more sense ^^"

CG does that to me too, so many cosplays, so little time~

Angathol
09-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, THANK YOU! For some reason I thought the shirt and the cape thingy was combined into one...now it's making a lot more sense ^^"

CG does that to me too, so many cosplays, so little time~

Always happy to help a fellow Canadian. :3

He actually removes the cape in episode 24 if I recall correctly. I have more references if you want them - they're mostly magazine spreads or covers, I think.

ycysusan2001
09-24-2008, 11:34 PM

does that have Susaku one? cause I plan to make Susaku later on this year... but i cant find any full reference anywhere...

Angathol
09-25-2008, 12:18 AM
does that have Susaku one? cause I plan to make Susaku later on this year... but i cant find any full reference anywhere...

Here's what I've found so far...

1. (http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1697/011070878qh1.jpg)
2. (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008a1002ta8hy3.jpg)
3 (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=081002pz8oa7.jpg)

The third one has some smaller references. Sorry it's sideways, not sure why it ended up like that.

Grr, this took forever because of the large images. ;_; I don't mind sharing refs though; I have a HUGE Geass folder (screencaps from the first 17 or 18 episodes of R2, Newtype scans - I save EVERYTHING, even if I don't need it for anything, lol). I even managed to find a huge chart with everyone's birthdays, ages and blood types, though this information is pretty much useless to me. XD

princedraco
09-27-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm thinking of doing Suzaku with cape for Katsu, id rather not do cape but without capes, the uniforms for rounds pretty much the same for all the rounds characters except the different color capes.

Amiya
09-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Always happy to help a fellow Canadian. :3

He actually removes the cape in episode 24 if I recall correctly. I have more references if you want them - they're mostly magazine spreads or covers, I think.

Yup, <3 Canada

Actually, I have been quite busy with midterms, so haven't really had a chance to watch the last 2-3 episodes...but CG has ended *cries* Thanks for the images!

wanderingdreamr
09-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Grr, this took forever because of the large images. ;_; I don't mind sharing refs though; I have a HUGE Geass folder (screencaps from the first 17 or 18 episodes of R2, Newtype scans - I save EVERYTHING, even if I don't need it for anything, lol). I even managed to find a huge chart with everyone's birthdays, ages and blood types, though this information is pretty much useless to me. XD
Hope I'm not imposing then to ask if you have any of those reference sheets for Nunnally in her R2 outfit. Almost all of the screenshots show her (understandably) sitting down and I was wondering if you had any full body shots.

Angathol
09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Watched the final episode today - I think I'm going to make C.C.'s last outfit.

Hope I'm not imposing then to ask if you have any of those reference sheets for Nunnally in her R2 outfit. Almost all of the screenshots show her (understandably) sitting down and I was wondering if you had any full body shots.

Heyo, no worries. I found two colour ones in the September issue of Newtype and a black-and-white one in something called "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Format Material," which has character reference sheets for virtually EVERY character. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to cosplay from the second season, as it covers even the most obscure outfits from the series.

Newtype 1 (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09jl5.jpg)
Newtype 2 (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bookmarksgm1.jpg)
R2 Format Material (has back view) (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=format10gu0.jpg)

EDIT: Wtf, imageshack shrank two of them. Full resolutions of both can be found here. I can also email them to you.

http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/798439.html#cutid1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fcacpo

kimuhalu
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
lol @ Jeremiah in episode 25. I'm so gonna wear that outfit when I don't wanna wear his R2 version.

I'll most likely be planning another Geass cosplay after I finish Orange-kun. :D

Rawrchu
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Lol @ that outfit, indeed XD

zosma
09-29-2008, 02:51 AM
Yay for more Jeremiah cosplayers. Orange-kun needs more love. XD

ycysusan2001
09-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Here's what I've found so far...

1. (http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1697/011070878qh1.jpg)
2. (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008a1002ta8hy3.jpg)
3 (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=081002pz8oa7.jpg)

The third one has some smaller references. Sorry it's sideways, not sure why it ended up like that.

thanks for the help~

Muze
09-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Finished this last week, didn't had time to upload before leaving for Y-con
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/128159/
It was fun trying to 3D it

kimuhalu
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
^ That's awesome, dude. :D

DarkFujin
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM

Damn, Muze, that's amazing. Your Orange-kun costume is going to be awesome when finished.

Muze
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I already wear it over Y con, just haven't had time process it :(
I'll try to get them up soon.

wanderingdreamr
09-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Heyo, no worries. I found two colour ones in the September issue of Newtype and a black-and-white one in something called "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Format Material," which has character reference sheets for virtually EVERY character. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to cosplay from the second season, as it covers even the most obscure outfits from the series.

Newtype 1 (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09jl5.jpg)
Newtype 2 (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bookmarksgm1.jpg)
R2 Format Material (has back view) (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=format10gu0.jpg)

EDIT: Wtf, imageshack shrank two of them. Full resolutions of both can be found here. I can also email them to you.

http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/798439.html#cutid1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fcacpo

Thanks, those will work fine I think! Woah, Nunnally's skirt is really narrow, no wonder she doesn't walk...

Artikgato
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I finished my pilot uniform Kallen and wore it to Anime Weekend Atlanta earlier this month. One Code Geass costume down, thirteen to go. xDDD

Well, I probably won't finish one or two more of these costumes. But here's my list of costumes I want to make:

-Order of the Black Knights Kallen
-yellow dress from R2 Kallen
-Ashford Academy Kallen
-regular Cecile
-Chinese dress Cecile
-R1 Cornelia
-R2 Cornelia
-R2 CC
-bandana!CC
-braid!CC from the last episode
-Mao
-Ninja Maid Sayako
-Green dress Sayako

The only ones I'll probably actually do are R2 Cornelia, Cecile in her orange outfit, and maybe Sayako in her green dress from the beginning of R2. ^^;

Amiya
09-29-2008, 09:26 PM

Looks fabulous!

@Artikgato: Ohhh...my list is just as long ^^"

Satsukina
09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Ah... I finally stopped crying. >_>

I've been hesitating with cosplaying Anya, but at this point, I don't think I'll ever forgive myself if I don't touch Code Geass at least once in my life. XD My dream setting would be giving body cream to a Lelouch. *sigh*

doragon
09-30-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm planning on episode 25 CC as well [among my own big list, like all of CC's other outfits and Rakshata], that outfit of hers is so cute! Anyone have ideas for the eyelet details at the bottom of her skirt? I looked around online and was unable to find one with big points like her - except for like bed spreads and stuff ... or perhaps I should do it myself...?

dang Muze! you are rockin' as Orenji <33

kimuhalu
09-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Muze: Is his outfit really blue? With screenshots of the anime, my desktop monitor gave me a shade of purple, as did what I printed out. Though my laptop showed it as light blue.

This confused me even a couple months back when I was picking out fabric. ;-;

Muze
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
One thing annoying about Clamp outfit is, alot of the colors varies between shots&pics. Even Orange's mask change shape depending on what angle you look at.
While the ref page on official site show it to be more purple.
http://www.geass.jp/world_03_ex.html?pid=chara_51.html
Most of the cos pic I seen vary between blue or purple, kinda like Zero's outfit.
http://en.curecos.com/character/pictures?id=309248
I think its really up to your interpretation and whether or not you can find a variety of purple fabrics.

Darksama28
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
II was hoping someone could give me good reference shots of Lelouch's FABULOUS Emperor outfit. Seriously. My friend is nuts. XD

EDIT: MY BAD. I found an extremely good one a bit back. Thank you XD

Mouichi
09-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I recently finished Knight of Rounds Suzaku and wore it to AWA14 with a CG group with my friends: http://mouichi.deviantart.com/art/Code-Geass-Alias-98810641
(More photos under dA accounts and coscom gallery)

I saw that Muze made his amazing Orange mask several posts back, and I was wondering how the mask stuck on? It looks really good! See, I actually had Suzaku's headphone sculpted but it was way too wobbly and heavy DX Here it is:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1575674/
It was sculpted out of sculpy (probably a bad decision XD?) I was wondering if Muze or anyone else knows a way to keep it on or another use another material to remake the headphone? Greatly appreciate the help, thanks!

LoveAnime18
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Mouichi your Suzaku looks spectacular~

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I think i posted here once before...
but i'm making an R2 and "Spoiler-chan" C.C. costume for a future convention and i've been lurking here for awhile.

My question is about haircolor. Do you think it is up to the cosplayer's preference as what green to go with? I really like the muted color green then the really bright, lime green:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRASS-GREEN-long-straight-wig-code-geass-cc-cosplay-new_W0QQitemZ150299433941QQihZ005QQcategoryZ60188Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
* Grass Green "C.C." wig from Cosplay Wig. I really like this color. It's muted and not horrifically bright.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-GREEN-long-straight-wig-code-geass-cc-cosplay-new_W0QQitemZ310086789747QQihZ021QQcategoryZ60188Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
*Dark Green "C.C." wig from Cosplay Wig. I think this is wayyyyy too far off for a C.C. costume though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRASS-GREEN-Bleach-NEL-wavy-layered-long-wig-cosplay_W0QQitemZ310087247893QQihZ021QQcategoryZ60 188QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1 262
* Green "Nel" wig, but it is closer to the green of C.C.'s i suppose without being entirely clown lime green. It's sorta wavy though.

What do you all think out of those three wigs? Or do you think really lime green wigs are the only accurate C.C. wigs. Advance thanks for any help given :)

LoveAnime18
09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
The "C.C." wig pretty much looks good for C.C.
If you're good with working at wigs the "Nel" wig would be great too.
Un-wave it and trim the bangs a bit and that should be a pretty good C.C. wig.

Scortia
09-30-2008, 10:12 PM

Wow the thread has taken off since I last posted. I'm going to attempt the gay little hat.. but I'm horrible at making hats, let alone such hideous ones. :) But really, the hat makes the outfit just the perfect level of ridiculous.

doragon
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM
I like the first and third, the first one is just a beautiful color but the Nel one seems more accurate to her holycrapbright green hair ~ seems like it would need a bit of styling yeah x.o
haha, I'm using my Nel wig too, but my green is a sage green and still never "accurate" with either of them... but meh, I like the color of it so I'm using it.

Muze
10-01-2008, 01:18 AM
It stick to my face with just double sided tape they sell at Sallys. I used a knife and "scoop" out all the resin in the inside and made it hallow. I than re-enforce the inside with fiberglass cloth.
Since suzaku's hair have some good length, you can probably hold it up with fishing strings and or attach it to a headband, than hide it under your wig.

I recently finished Knight of Rounds Suzaku and wore it to AWA14 with a CG group with my friends: http://mouichi.deviantart.com/art/Code-Geass-Alias-98810641

I saw that Muze made his amazing Orange mask several posts back, and I was wondering how the mask stuck on? It looks really good! See, I actually had Suzaku's headphone sculpted but it was way too wobbly and heavy DX Here it is:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1575674/
It was sculpted out of sculpy (probably a bad decision XD?) I was wondering if Muze or anyone else knows a way to keep it on or another use another material to remake the headphone? Greatly appreciate the help, thanks!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
10-01-2008, 02:23 AM
loveanime18 & doragon: Thanks for your feedback. :) I think i'll go with the first one even though the "Nel" wig has a beautiful color. I am not all too savvy when it comes to wig styling so it probably wouldnt be wise for me too choose that one. The first one looks great on the cosplayer they have on the page and it is also a pretty color. Yay, i'm excited and cant wait to order the wig later on this week.

ycysusan2001
10-01-2008, 03:51 AM
!*Jessi-Chan*!: its a bit late... but I think depend which C.C. you are doing. personaly I love neon green plastic looking wig just because the color is accurate for anime version... though photographer hate it cause its way too bright. Other wise the first wig color suit for most of the Clamp color page artwork... something like first DVD Box cover, last month's Newtype cover, and ending song version.

princedraco
10-01-2008, 05:05 AM
wow Mouichi, your Suzaku looks amazing. I hope i look half as good as you do. Where did you get your sword from? ^^

I need to find directions for Suzaku's sword

Go Suzaku's! I can't wait to do him for Katsu.

Also muze your orange-kun looks awesome, ive never seen him cosplayed yet :)

Eln3gro
10-01-2008, 05:57 AM
can anyone make zero's mask for me. i want to cosplay as zero in full
for halloween. It's not the dark knight without the maskkkkkkkk lol
anyway, let me know
and here's my email

Pooshiecooshie17@yahoo.com

I know it's a weird email lol don't laugh

Zipchan
10-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Aha! So Mouichi is the Suzaku I got pictures with at AWA! (Er... one of several, but you were my favorite. :D) http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1748313/

I'm really proud of both of the Euphie cosplays I've done so far, except for my wig. The poor thing is kinda falling apart. ;o; When I get a chance (READ: when I have the money), I'm going to remake it with detachable hair buns and a more accurate haircolor. (...Though, it was fun watching the reactions to the hair. NOBODY LOOKS AWAY FROM THE EUPHINATOR.) Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make these? I'm thinking of going about it in roughly the same way I made the originals, by wrapping the extension hair around styrofoam and securing it with hot glue. Would these be easily attachable with hair pins?

And if you guys care, my next Euphie cosplays are her civilian outfit and her military outfit. :D

Mouichi
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Muze: Ah, I have no idea how to work with resin and fiberglass cloth!~ That sounds intricate X] Please, go ahead and explain how to work them, but I would also like to hear alternate suggestions too? :]

princedraco: (I'll go ahead and post here insteads of PM just in case anyone is wondering about the same thing!) I'm glad you liked my Suzaku! For my sword, I made it following the general layout of Chioky's sword tutorial: http://chioky.deviantart.com/ (They're under his gallery) He also posted on the forums here; you can search his name~ For the designs on the sword, I used craftfoam and sculpey. Simple simple stuff; I hope that helps!

Zipchan: Oh hey Zip! I didn't know you were Ziphan that started the CG thread before AWA14! Aw thank you, I'm glad you liked my Suzaku also! The photo turned out great; you were an amazing Euphie yourself! Are you going to Momo too? Yayyy! I'll be there too! Hopefully, I'll wear KoR Suzaku again :D My Euphie, Flowery, ran out of time making Euphie's artbook white princess dress, so I want her to wear that some future con :]

Zipchan
10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Hee hee, that was me. :D I failed at putting together a decent photoshoot for all of us. ;^; Oh well. There's always Momo! :3 And thank you! #^_^# I'll be wearing one of my Euphie costumes at Momo, I'm just not sure which one yet. 'w';;

And I hope Flowery finishes her artbook dress. :o I love seeing how people actually put it together. :3

Muze
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Muze: Ah, I have no idea how to work with resin and fiberglass cloth!~ That sounds intricate X] Please, go ahead and explain how to work them, but I would also like to hear alternate suggestions too? :]

princedraco: (I'll go ahead and post here insteads of PM just in case anyone is wondering about the same thing!) I'm glad you liked my Suzaku! For my sword, I made it following the general layout of Chioky's sword tutorial: http://chioky.deviantart.com/ (They're under his gallery) He also posted on the forums here; you can search his name~ For the designs on the sword, I used craftfoam and sculpey. Simple simple stuff; I hope that helps!

Zipchan: Oh hey Zip! I didn't know you were Ziphan that started the CG thread before AWA14! Aw thank you, I'm glad you liked my Suzaku also! The photo turned out great; you were an amazing Euphie yourself! Are you going to Momo too? Yayyy! I'll be there too! Hopefully, I'll wear KoR Suzaku again :D My Euphie, Flowery, ran out of time making Euphie's artbook white princess dress, so I want her to wear that some future con :]

You don't really have to use fiberglass, everyone make their prop alittle different. I guess to start off, what did you made your headphone out of? I'm assuming its also a solid piece since you say its heavy?
Just catch me on aim later or something.

ycysusan2001
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I would also like to hear alternate suggestions too? :]

you can just use clay. They are easy to work with and light

!*Jessi-Chan*!
10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
!*Jessi-Chan*!: its a bit late... but I think depend which C.C. you are doing. personaly I love neon green plastic looking wig just because the color is accurate for anime version... though photographer hate it cause its way too bright. Other wise the first wig color suit for most of the Clamp color page artwork... something like first DVD Box cover, last month's Newtype cover, and ending song version.

Its not too late :) I like your opinion cause you're an awesome C.C. I didnt realize photographers hated that color...So i guess i'll go with the wig i was going with since you said its accurate for artwork, etc.

Mouichi & Zip: Woah, there's gonna be CG cosplayers at Momocon? I plan on going and bringing C.C. *dances*

Amiya
10-01-2008, 08:36 PM

Your Suzaku is absolutely amazing!

Wow the thread has taken off since I last posted. I'm going to attempt the gay little hat.. but I'm horrible at making hats, let alone such hideous ones. :) But really, the hat makes the outfit just the perfect level of ridiculous.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing it! I think I'm going to skip the hat on mine ^^"

princedraco
10-02-2008, 01:02 AM
mouichi: I'm reading the sword guide, way over my head, but maybe my dad could take a crack it it in his wood shop, guide looks like more for katana though, suzaku's sword is a long sword right? like this one here in pic on sword website-
http://chioky.deviantart.com/art/Swordmaking-Anatomy-Long-Swrd-97260875

craftfoam and sculpy, i thought sword was wood? ^^

how long did it take you to make?

thank you for any advice and help you can give :)

Padde1337
10-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Umm, are the costumes on Ebay any good? I would like some feedback before I go out and buy one >.>

AND YES I SUCKZORZ AT MAKING CLOTHINGS!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Umm, are the costumes on Ebay any good? I would like some feedback before I go out and buy one >.>

I'm curious to this as well. Especially on the R2 C.C costume.
So, anyone buy from ebay or know anything about the quality?

StarryRainbows
10-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I actually bought a Shirley school uniform and my friend bought the Lelouch school uniform last year and they're both very well made! I'm not sure if the ebayer is the same for the costumes you are looking for but if they are, I would recommend them based on my experience. :)

EDIT: I can't find the the seller I ordered from! So this may be voided out :/

Kisalyn
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Does anyone have advice for a complete newbie on how to approach the patterns on Tianzi/Tenshi's dress? I'm going to attempt to make it and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/sakuradreams/mypic64.jpg

Earl of Pudding
10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm working on my CC cosplay and I need to know where I could find a wig in stores. Not online. D:

Bah my cosplay is going to look terrible compared to everyone else's.

ycysusan2001
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm working on my CC cosplay and I need to know where I could find a wig in stores. Not online. D:

where do you live? Maybe there is a local wig shop near you and you can order it from them. or... I know for past 2 years cosworx have booth in Fanime... that is where I got my C.C. wig 2 years ago.

yafromuk
10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
It looks like I'm going to be making Ballgown-Euphemia and Knight-of-Zero-Suzaku (his final R2 outfit) for next year. I've seen that there were a couple of scans already posted here (for the Knight of Zero), but I was wondering if anyone has further references (especially production sketches or lineart)

Thank you!!!

(Also if anyone has the same sort of thing for R2 Cornelia it would be uber-helpful for my friend who's doing that outfit =)

Feint
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
one day i will make a Kallen costume but right now I am far too poor! D:

Amiya
10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Does anyone have advice for a complete newbie on how to approach the patterns on Tianzi/Tenshi's dress? I'm going to attempt to make it and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/sakuradreams/mypic64.jpg

Um...the link is not working for me~ Which version are you doing?

Oh, don't say that, I'm sure your C.C. cosplay will come out great! I second what ycysusan2001 said about finding wig shops locally or getting them at conventions~

Kisalyn
10-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Um...the link is not working for me~ Which version are you doing?

Oh sorry, I'm doing her normal outfit, the light green/purple one.

thresh
10-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Agh, sorry, I arrived a bit late to the Suzaku sword discussion, but just a general question to everyone:

Does anyone know what on earth is on the hilt of the sword, specifically the horizontal gold crossguard part? This is the best picture I could come up with, even though it's horribly blurry.

http://static.minitokyo.net/view/331703.jpg

All of you probably have better eyes than me, so please tell me what you see. The only things I can make out are a flower/sun in the middle and Loch Ness monsters on either side....

benihime
10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
thresh: that's all i see as well, i say have fun with it though, if that's the best reference picture there is.

but question for anyone who's done zero's outfit
i'm doing young lulu
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/freakicons/vlcsnap-194348.png
because i fell in LOVE with that part of the ending and then of course i saw ep 6 i believe it was, but he has that cape of doom that has the huge sticking up v's like zero's cape done..
HOW IS THAT DONE???? any help would be appreciated XD

Starre
10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Maybe get some kind of stiff fabric like foam or something and put that in to hold it up? I really don't know. I saw someone cosplaying Kotoko from Chobits who's giant bow wasn't as lumpy as mine had been and when I asked how she did it, she said quilt batting... I'm still not quite sure what that is, but it might work.

but OMG, I'm in love with Code Geass... I want to cosplay someone from that, can't decide who, though. Maybe Villetta, the outfit she wears in the picture in the original opening where all the Britannian characters are shown (followed by similar images of all the Ashford characters and all the Black Knights characters). I'd like to have someone go with me as Jeremiah, but I don't know anyone who could... so I might try Euphie's outfit from episode 5. I could buy the top and skirt, and only sew the green part, which would leave time for me to make a costume of Lina from a Slayers group I was thinking of doing with a friend... I don't know, though.

Varnani
10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
You could use either craft interfacing or heavy sew-in interfacing for the collar, or wire. ^^; I think it's better to use the interfacing because it's washable.

I can't find any oversized collars, but this would be a decent starting point:
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4092.htm

kimuhalu
10-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Instead of the above pattern suggested, you could take a normal collar pattern piece and extend the length upwards. I've made collars without a pattern before, it's really easy.

-EDIT- Oh. ^^; Yeah, a thicker interfacing would most likely work. I tried thick interfacing for the collar of Simon's (TTGL) jacket and it stuck up as stiff as a board (ended up opting for a thinner interfacing for more flimsiness).

benihime
10-08-2008, 01:04 AM
really just interfacing? wow okay cool. i didn't know that would work XD

i'm so excited about cosplaying code geass!

MegumiHime
10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
really just interfacing? wow okay cool. i didn't know that would work XD

i'm so excited about cosplaying code geass!

Interfacing is your friend. You can always double it if you have to. I prefer the non-iron on interfacing because that tends to be weaker/thinner then actual interfacing.

Earl of Pudding
10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
where do you live? Maybe there is a local wig shop near you and you can order it from them. or... I know for past 2 years cosworx have booth in Fanime... that is where I got my C.C. wig 2 years ago.

I'll go check out some of the local corner marts! ^^ (I live in Buffalo by the way...severe lack of close conventions D: )

To the wig store!

Shaman Renji
10-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Yey for Lelouch! I finished my 4th Lulu outfit and my lenses just arrived!

What more can I say XD

Starre
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
For Euphie, for the skirt (I'm doing her outfit with the orange skirt), I was thinking of buying a white skirt and dyeing it orange. Do you think it would be okay to have a skirt with some lace or something on it? Or would it look that horrible for it not to be just plain fabric?

doragon
10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Are you dying the lace as well? 'cause it might look a little weird if its still white but I don't see the harm of adding a little something to the skirt ^__^ Nothing wrong with embellishing, just don't go overboard? xD

yaaay, I have episode 25 C.C. mostly cut out! *jazz hands* just the black corset thing and sew it together. Though the white is so thin.. I think I need to make a slip D: And also unsure about adding a petticoat to get it to be a little more fluffy, opinions? o-o

Zipchan
10-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Starre: If you have a Hancock Fabrics nearby, I would suggest looking through their discount section for fabric for the skirt, if you want the color to be spot on. The fabric you'd want to keep an eye out for is called something like cotton sheeting, in the color Pumpkin. If you don't feel like sewing it, however, do find a plain skirt to dye. The skirt she wears does have a ruffle at the bottom, but I would avoid lace on the body of the skirt if you can help it.

So, my two friends and I are planning an epic Geass cosplay for a fall festival that we're going to this weekend. I plan to post pictures on Monday. :3

kanancom
10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey guys!!! I recently got into Code Geass and I really want to do a cosplay of Lelouch.

Though I have a question, I've been on ebay looking through the school uniform cosplays, and I want to know from someone that's bought a cosplay which one is basically 'the best bang for my buck'. I want to know which one has the best quality, shipping rates, ect for a good price

Also I want to know if anyone has bought this wig {x} (http://cgi.ebay.com/GODE-GEASS-Lelouch-Short-Black-COSPLAY-Party-Anime-Wig_W0QQitemZ200262665735QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 00262665735&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Is it a good quality one??? And is the pic of the person beside the wig really wearing it?

Thanks, I just want to make sure I'm getting good stuff before I spend a ton of money again XD;;

Starre
10-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Okay, thanks. I don't have a Hancock Fabrics or anything like that near me. There was a JoAnn's in a mall about an hour and a half away from me but it closed. Now all there are are the really expensive little shops that don't have much. I think I found one new place... anyway, it might just be easier to sew a skirt instead of buying one anyway. So I'll probably do that.

keikoyukimora
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Let's see... I'm plotting to make both Euphemia and Suzaku from this DVD art cover: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/MinitokyoVectorArtCodeGeassLelou-1.jpg
I definitely need some help locating wigs that closely match the color of their hair. I don't mind Ebay and I have a paypal account so online is really the best for me. Also, I was wondering how in the *bleep* do you make Suzaku's little shoulder pad thingies? Oh and how would I go about making that sword? I was thinking of using a dowel rod for the base and just kind of sharpening it to a blunt point in order to get the main body of it. After that I have no idea.

Look for us at Ohayocon this year. We may even have an Arthur. ^.^ My daughter will be a year old by then and hopefully be able to cosplay. ^.^

Nuiihren
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
@keikoyukimora

We ordered the wig for our Euphie from ebay, it was the "cosplaywig" shop. It's pretty good and it looks extremly nice on photos, but sometimes the wig becomes really stubborn >_>
But I'll recommend it anyway.

keikoyukimora
10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I've looked there. They don't have what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Oh and I love your pregnant!CC. I saw the pictures from the shoot off of the LJ Code Geass community. ^.^

Nuiihren
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Then, good luck, I hope you'll find something fitting you taste:))

Awww, you made me blush! Thank you so much. It was really fun to make and I didn't think we'll get that much positive feedback. I feared that the fandom would rather find it strange:D

keikoyukimora
10-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I love the idea of CC & Lelouch making a family. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not really pregnant in the picture are you?
It seems a bit too round to me. And maybe a bit too big. But hey, I have actually seen really huge pregnant women. Usually with their first baby. ^.^

Nuiihren
10-13-2008, 05:18 PM
I just adore the idea of LuluCC family. It would be extremly cute and touching. Lulu would be a wonderful father.

Nope, I'm not pregnant : D The belly was a towel, wrapped in a cloth. I'm asked myself too if not it's too big, but, in the end, I thought that I really wanted a huge belly for these pics. At first we wanted to take a small pillow, but, in the end it really looked like "OMG, TWINS!", so we forgot the idea: D

keikoyukimora
10-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing too. "CC and Lulu are having twins?" *squee*

Anyways, I did manage to find a wig that fits into my budget that I like. OMG it's perfect. I just hope they keep it in stock until I can afford to buy it. XD

But seriously people. Anyone know how to go about making Suzaku's shoulder pad thingies with the dangly stuff? See above post for reference picture.

Amiya
10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Let's see... I'm plotting to make both Euphemia and Suzaku from this DVD art cover: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/MinitokyoVectorArtCodeGeassLelou-1.jpg
I definitely need some help locating wigs that closely match the color of their hair. I don't mind Ebay and I have a paypal account so online is really the best for me. Also, I was wondering how in the *bleep* do you make Suzaku's little shoulder pad thingies? Oh and how would I go about making that sword? I was thinking of using a dowel rod for the base and just kind of sharpening it to a blunt point in order to get the main body of it. After that I have no idea.

Look for us at Ohayocon this year. We may even have an Arthur. ^.^ My daughter will be a year old by then and hopefully be able to cosplay. ^.^

Never made anything similar to those shoulder pad thingies, but I would probably cover a piece of craft foam with fabric so it would stay rigid and stitch on two different gauges of tassel (thicker for hanging down and thinner for the details)? In theory it would work ^^"

Good luck!

keikoyukimora
10-13-2008, 06:53 PM
In theory. I will definitely give that a try thank you!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
10-13-2008, 06:56 PM
@keikoyukimora

We ordered the wig for our Euphie from ebay, it was the "cosplaywig" shop. It's pretty good and it looks extremly nice on photos, but sometimes the wig becomes really stubborn >_>
But I'll recommend it anyway.

CosplayWig is great! I got my C.C. wig from there.
And, yeah, their longer wigs can be so stubborn. I've ordered from them before and the ponytail of my Yoko [TTGL] wig gets tangled so easily.
I also recommend it. Fast shipping

Mouichi
10-13-2008, 08:19 PM
mouichi: I'm reading the sword guide, way over my head, but maybe my dad could take a crack it it in his wood shop, guide looks like more for katana though, suzaku's sword is a long sword right? like this one here in pic on sword website-
http://chioky.deviantart.com/art/Swordmaking-Anatomy-Long-Swrd-97260875

craftfoam and sculpy, i thought sword was wood? ^^

how long did it take you to make?

thank you for any advice and help you can give :)

Ah I'm sorry for this late reply! Basicly I used the general idea how Chioky made his sword. I didn't follow his guide step by step but used the concept of getting a long piece of wood that will be the blade AND the handle. Then recopy the handle shape with 2 more pieces of wood to sandwich the handle area connected to the beginning long piece of wood. After, I carved the cross guard and drilled a hole in the middle so I can slip it through the blade. You can refind those steps and visuals in his tutorial if you are confused~

The craftfoam was used to make the dragon-like designs and sculpey for the flower design in the middle. Hope that helps!

keikoyukimora
10-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh I just remembered. How would I go about making Suzaku's sword seen here: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/MinitokyoVectorArtCodeGeassLelou-1.jpg

I know I keep asking question after question, but well, I'm entering this in a contest and I want to up the bar a bit from my usual cosplays.

Zipchan
10-14-2008, 12:38 AM
This weekend, my friends and I decided to fail like Lelouch. :D

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/130112/

Sirken
10-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I am working on Emp Lelouch my self I plan on being one of the first ppl to make this outfit and character styel popular if I can cause when i cosplay i am the char makes it funner

Nuiihren
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I plan on being one of the first ppl to make this outfit

I don't see where you come from, but on Cure, there are, I guess, even more than 100 people who have already done Emperor Lulu:toothy:

Muze
10-14-2008, 05:11 PM
lol

keikoyukimora
10-14-2008, 05:41 PM
What type of shoes and color would you recommend for Suzaku from this (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/MinitokyoVectorArtCodeGeassLelou-1.jpg) picture? I was thinking of using similar boots to the ones he wears with his Knight costume seen here (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/l_a43407f06046c6bcd38330636587e20f.jpg). Suggestions would be much appreciated. If you have links to the shoes you suggest that would be great. I only plan to pay about $40 with shipping for the shoes.

kanancom
10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Do you guys think it would be easier to make the school uniform for Lelouch or buy it? Also my other question was unanswered, do you guys know of a good place to get a good quality Lelouch wig?

Thanks

keikoyukimora
10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Cosplay Wig on Ebay has an awesome Lelouch wig that's already styled and not very expensive. You can view it here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Code-Geass-LELOUCH-short-black-wig-cosplay-new_W0QQitemZ180298063665QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60188Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) . It's best to order ASAP from them because once all their wigs are gone, they're gone. I was going to order a Euphie wig from them, but they ran out when I could afford. T.T

!*Jessi-Chan*!
10-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Cosplay Wig on Ebay has an awesome Lelouch wig that's already styled and not very expensive. You can view it here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Code-Geass-LELOUCH-short-black-wig-cosplay-new_W0QQitemZ180298063665QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60188Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) . It's best to order ASAP from them because once all their wigs are gone, they're gone. I was going to order a Euphie wig from them, but they ran out when I could afford. T.T

It is great advice to order from them promptly, but the wigs arent neccessarily gone when they are not listed. Sometimes, they put the wigs back up. You just have to keep watching the page. But, it is true that sometimes the wigs do indeed be 'gone'...Normally they'll put them back up even if its months down the road.
But, you're right, order from them quickly if you want to garuntee the wig. I ordered my C.C. wig from them once i saw it.

ycysusan2001
10-15-2008, 04:31 AM
What type of shoes and color would you recommend for Suzaku from this (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/MinitokyoVectorArtCodeGeassLelou-1.jpg) picture? I was thinking of using similar boots to the ones he wears with his Knight costume seen here (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/mazoku_demonkin/Anime%20Images/Code%20Geass/l_a43407f06046c6bcd38330636587e20f.jpg). Suggestions would be much appreciated. If you have links to the shoes you suggest that would be great. I only plan to pay about $40 with shipping for the shoes.

I like the white one too cause Lulu's boot is back to match with his outfit

kanancom
10-16-2008, 08:06 AM
ITS ALREADY ENDED!!! T__T Man now I have to wait!

I found another potientially good one ----> [Here] (http://cgi.ebay.com/GODE-GEASS-Lelouch-Short-Black-COSPLAY-Party-Anime-Wig_W0QQitemZ200262665735QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 00262665735&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C2 40%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

What do you think of this one?

Nuiihren
10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
ITS ALREADY ENDED!!! T__T Man now I have to wait!

I found another potientially good one ----> [Here] (http://cgi.ebay.com/GODE-GEASS-Lelouch-Short-Black-COSPLAY-Party-Anime-Wig_W0QQitemZ200262665735QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 00262665735&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C2 40%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

What do you think of this one?

I think it looks pretty good, though, for me it's too much hair for Lulu. But that's definetly not bad, I mean, you will style it anyway.

keikoyukimora
10-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Honestly to me, it doesn't even look like the cosplayer is wearing the same wig. Plus it seems like it has some grey in it. You're best bet would probably be to buy a black wig and style it yourself.

bara-ame
10-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Code Geass is love! I'm not quite done with R2, but I'm so close. I definately want to cosplay as C.C., and Princess Euphemia.

*mik0 muffin !
10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
*pops up* I`m adding yet another cosplay to my long list of potentials ! Def wanna try Euphemia, and I`ve got my eyes on that ivory dress from the DVD cover as well! It`s just sooo pretty...nd if I can grab my bf along to do Suzaku from that picture...it`ll be perfect *.* ahahah~

I too saw the pretty lookin Euphie wig from Cosplay wig...and wasn`t able to get it =.=. Looks like it`s in high demand ahaha xD; I really have no clue where else to find such a nice one for a relatively cheap price =O

This is also gonna take a whole LOT of fabric, isn`t it xDD; It`s a lovely off-white color with a little weigh to it...a mid weight cotton perhaps ? Also, since I`m a sucker for little details, I`m already thinking about the jewelry and contacts and getting a flower like that xDD

Just my random comment on Suzaku's shoulder pads in that pic....the first thing that popped into my head was shoe insoles O.o LOL but thats def not right ahahaa ~

ycysusan2001
10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I too saw the pretty lookin Euphie wig from Cosplay wig...and wasn`t able to get it =.=. Looks like it`s in high demand ahaha xD; I really have no clue where else to find such a nice one for a relatively cheap price =O

This is also gonna take a whole LOT of fabric, isn`t it xDD; It`s a lovely off-white color with a little weigh to it...a mid weight cotton perhaps ? Also, since I`m a sucker for little details, I`m already thinking about the jewelry and contacts and getting a flower like that xDD

Euphie's wig is not cheep ^^;;; a lot of my friends bought their wig at Cyperous and Cosplay Wig. For Cyperous you are looking about $100+... Cosplay Wig are cheaper, maybe little bit less then $100 cause you also need to buy the two bun on the side, but still high quality...

I use about 25-35 yards o fabric for my C.C. matching gown.Though ^^;;; since my budget is not that high for the cos, I just went and buy satin costume fabric after Halloween. Its only $1/yard so the both matching Lulu and C.C. costume come out less then $150 without the wig.

Angathol
10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I've been working on compiling Geass character reference sheets and other relevant images on a new site called Cosplay Manual.

C.C. (http://cosplaymanual.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=55&Itemid=0)
Kallen (http://cosplaymanual.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=47&Itemid=0)
Various (http://cosplaymanual.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=33&Itemid=0)
R2 Format Materials - in progress (http://cosplaymanual.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=72&Itemid=0)

I hope this can be of some use, and that people join the site to share images too!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Cosplay Wig's Euphie wig was probably about $50 because it comes with those two seperate buns, is long, and curly. My C.C. wig from there was around $30.

Angathol: ooooh. That's so great. Maybe i'll join the site because i have so many Geass images...

Angathol
10-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Angathol: ooooh. That's so great. Maybe i'll join the site because i have so many Geass images...

At last count, I have 9,287 Geass-related images, not including icons (so literally, OVER 9000!). It's about time I put them to good use. ;) The site is mainly looking for design sheets with multiple views (to avoid being just like any other image site, i.e. Anime Paper), but if you also have good, clear references, they can be included in listings with other design sheets. You can put up to 10 in one listing, and there's no size limit, so go nuts!

*mik0 muffin !
10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Cosplay Wig's Euphie wig was probably about $50 because it comes with those two seperate buns, is long, and curly. My C.C. wig from there was around $30.

Yeah...I consider a long curly wig WITH the two buns for $50 most def relatively cheap xDD;;

I use about 25-35 yards o fabric for my C.C. matching gown.Though ^^;;; since my budget is not that high for the cos, I just went and buy satin costume fabric after Halloween. Its only $1/yard so the both matching Lulu and C.C. costume come out less then $150 without the wig.

Oh wow...okies thank for the heads up xD;; I should def get to poking around for those halloween fabric sales asap !

Angathol - Oooh nicenice, thanks ! That site will most def be a big help for lots =]

ycysusan2001
10-30-2008, 04:14 AM
*mik0 muffin !: ^^ good luck on you~

does anyone have detail/big scan of C.C.'s last outfit? thanks

Allin001
10-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Anyone have any idea;s on a way to make Zero's helmet on a 30$ budget

CosplayManual
10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
*mik0 muffin !: ^^ good luck on you~

This one?
http://www.cosplaymanual.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=55&Itemid=0

Tooru18
10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I need a wig for Lloyd and glasses! D: And an english accent.

Tea anyone? <3

*mik0 muffin !
10-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Bwaaugh..i feel bad, can`t help anyone =[

But. . .xD i`ve decided NOT to go with Euphie`s dvd cover dress as my first cosplay of her LOL nd to start a little smaller nd go a little more practical =P gonna try her R1 casual outfit first ! yaay xD

Amiya
11-01-2008, 11:01 AM

I'm not sure if this is the outfit you're looking forward, but I took a screenshot:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/xAmiyax/CCLastOutfit.jpg

Anyone have any idea;s on a way to make Zero's helmet on a 30$ budget

A friend made hers from papermache and cereal box. It turned out pretty amazing!

akikami
11-01-2008, 05:23 PM
i swear i was going to make sure this hasn't been answered before i posted, but there's almost 30 pages of replies and i just don't have the time!

i'm planning on cosplaying anya in the pink ashford uniform she wears. i've found a couple full-body pictures of her in it, but now i'm not really sure what to do.

does anyone have any suggestions pattern-wise???

ycysusan2001
11-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is the outfit you're looking forward, but I took a screenshot:

yes its this one~~ thanks~~

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM

OMG! I totally just fell in love with this design. Must...Cosplay..
lol

thecakeisalie
11-03-2008, 03:38 AM
I just started Lancelot, my first cosplay ^^;

PluieEnfant
11-03-2008, 07:16 AM
It's nice to see that Code Geass has more cosplayers now. ^^ I've already done three cosplays from CG and the only one I plan on doing left is Lelouch's Emperor outfit. I'm saving it though for Expo next year, since it'll be pretty epic.

ycysusan2001
11-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Im working on my 5th (or 6th^^;;;) C.C. cos for PMX~ I have some questions ... here is the pictures (http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/CODE%20GEASS/CODE%20GEASS%20R2%20-%2025%20-%20Large%2050.jpg)... Questions~~ should I make this cos a shirt and a skirt (2 pieces) or just a dress (1 piece)? should I ware a pettycoat under? thanks for the help~~

Alatar
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't know why, but I feel compelled to do Lelouch's emperor costume. It's so ridiculous and cool that it just HAS to be done. And more than that, it needs to be done well, so I will be trying to replicate everything as perfectly as I can. Here's to hoping I can get it done before Ohayocon...

If anyone can recommend me a good pattern for his undershirt with the jutting out shoulders or a good method for making the gems I'd be very thankful.

Nuiihren
11-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Im working on my 5th (or 6th^^;;;) C.C. cos for PMX~ I have some questions ... here is the pictures (http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/CODE%20GEASS/CODE%20GEASS%20R2%20-%2025%20-%20Large%2050.jpg)... Questions~~ should I make this cos a shirt and a skirt (2 pieces) or just a dress (1 piece)? should I ware a pettycoat under? thanks for the help~~

Yay! You're not the one working on it:3 I'm very happy to see another one making the costume.
I think that it's a shirt and a skirt, making a dress isn't necessary, in my opinion.
I'm asking myself about the pettycoat, too. It's kinda hard to decide >_<

ycysusan2001
11-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Inupapa: thanks~ I make it 2 pieces~ I dont think I need Petticoat anymore ^^;;; I use too much fabric. the skirt cannot fit under the corset already... ^^lll

Nuiihren: ^^;;; I suddenly have this eager to make it on Monday... so hopefully I can finish it before I lost interest... Happen to mos of my unfinished cos...^^ when do you plan to ware your? cant wait to see~ I dont think Im gonna use petticoat anymore cause the skirt are shorter then I imagine and I already use enough fabric to puff it out.

Nuiihren
11-04-2008, 06:35 AM
@ycysusan2001
Ohh, do it quickly then! ^^ Because I really really want to see somebody wearing this outfit. I found on Cure only two photos and, to be honest, the costume was not done well at all.
I plan to wear it...ermmm... well, I PRAY I finish it till New Year :'D It's not hard at all, but I have not so much free time at the moment and I'm extremly lazy. I bought the fabrics right after the final stage, but they are still untouched.

ycysusan2001
11-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Nuiihren: do you mean this one (http://ja.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=6507942)? I think she did a pretty good job over all though TT Last month (I think?) she sale this cos on yahoo Japan for super expansive price and I think someone bought it too. So far Ive seen 4 Asian cosplayers cos this outfit. She is the best one Ive seen so far.

^^;; its ok~ I feel the same way too. I havent touch my sewing marching for 3 weeks till now... the cos is pretty easy, I think you can finish in 2 days... cause ^^;;; I just left a shirt then Im done...

Nuiihren
11-04-2008, 07:51 AM
@ycysusan2001
I've never saw this one, she looks really good!
Nope. I meant one. (http://ja.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=6680179this ) Though I found now another really nice one (http://ja.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=6688030), I wonder why didn't I see her yesterday O_O

I only began with sewing actually. I tried to sew for my bjd's but it turned out verrrry creeepyyy :D
I'm looking forward to see your cos when it's finished ^^

MegumiHime
11-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I've decided randomly yesterday, that for some reason I really, really want to add Clovis to the list.

ycysusan2001
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
@ycysusan2001
I've never saw this one, she looks really good!
Nope. I meant one. (http://ja.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=6680179this ) Though I found now another really nice one (http://ja.curecos.com/picture/detail?id=6688030), I wonder why didn't I see her yesterday O_O

I only began with sewing actually. I tried to sew for my bjd's but it turned out verrrry creeepyyy :D
I'm looking forward to see your cos when it's finished ^^

^^ you can do it! the cos is not that hard. Im 90% done with my cos. Though I dont think Im gonna bother to finish the last 10% cause it just some minor detail that I dont want to deal with right now.

I start planing Knight of Zero cos... TT the pattern is a bit tricky...

Alatar
11-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I've got a group of 20 R2 characters so far for when I do Emperor Lelouch, still recruiting. Our skit is to die for too. ^^ So can't wait!:bigtu:

As fun as a giant Code Geass group would be, I'm on the eastern coast of the US and Australia is a long ways away.

But still, I'd love to get feedback and tips from someone else who's trying it too. I haven't started sewing anything yet, but I'm acquiring the necessary patterns and have finally finished my mock-up of his hat. Almost all the angles in it are just right.

On another note, when translated into real life does the shiny yellow lining on the emperor outfit become yellow? Or gold?

Also after watching the last few episodes extensively I've noticed a flaw in the animation. The length of the cape thingy draped over Lelouch's left shoulder changes from scene to scene. It goes from being body length in the front to only reaching his waist. Does anyone know which one is truly canon?

thresh
11-06-2008, 07:38 PM
On another note, when translated into real life does the shiny yellow lining on the emperor outfit become yellow? Or gold?

Also after watching the last few episodes extensively I've noticed a flaw in the animation. The length of the cape thingy draped over Lelouch's left shoulder changes from scene to scene. It goes from being body length in the front to only reaching his waist. Does anyone know which one is truly canon?

On the first bit, whether it's yellow or gold, I think you could go with either. To illustrate, I pulled up a pic of the regular Ashford uniforms---yeah, not the emperor outfit, but I think the idea's the same: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1772478/

Anyway, in the pic, Rolo has a coppery gold trim, Suzaku has a champagne gold trim, and Lelouch has a yellow trim. And they all look great, in my opinion, so just go with whatever color you want. You could even go for a non-metallic, caramel-colored trim as opposed to the yellow.

Also, for the length of the drape banner thing, the character sheet I found puts it at his waist: http://www.cosplaymanual.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewimage&img_id=380&Itemid=8

Although, granted, Lelouch has crazy stretched out body proportions to begin with, so maybe make the drape banner a bit longer than waist-length? I'm not too sure.

Good luck with everything! Emperor Lulu looks so complicated---way too ambitious for me to make at least! I'll be excited to see yours when it's finished!

MegumiHime
11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Also, just a note on gold bias tape, it is really hard to work with. That's why I prefer to use the yellow. Yes, you can make your own bias tape but any gold/copper looking material is flimsy and hard to work with. If you have the patients for it, go for it. I've had no complaints about my Ashford uniforms having the yellow trim. I've actually gotten quiet a few compliments on it at the past several conventions that I've worn it to.

Nuiihren
11-07-2008, 12:43 AM
@ycysusan2001
Good luck! *_* I'm sure you'll do a good jod:3

@Alatar

In my opinion, it's gold. Yes, gold is hard to work with, but it's worth it. Gold, in my eyes, looks definetly much better then yellow.

Alatar
11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks Thresh for the reference shot. I'll set it to be mid-waist as opposed to the floor-length one they show in some scenes of the show. That pic also gave me more insight into his hat, which was plenty useful (I had to go back and reshape it... again... ). But it should be correct now.

I'm not using bias tape. The trim and the designs have to be the same color, so I shall make my own tape out of whatever material I get. On that note, where does one even find a sleek-looking yellow or gold fabric? What have other people been using for their Code Geass costumes? It can't look woven because every close-up shot I've found shows the trim as being shiny and almost 3-D...

Varnani
11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I heard some people made their own bias tape out of gold pleather, and you could cut the designs out out the same material and satin stitch it on, or you could embroider the symbols on, but then you would still have to come up with something for the trim.

MegumiHime
11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I heard some people made their own bias tape out of gold pleather, and you could cut the designs out out the same material and satin stitch it on, or you could embroider the symbols on, but then you would still have to come up with something for the trim.

There are ways of making your own bias tape. It's actually not that difficult. I've done it for a few cosplays my self.

thresh
11-07-2008, 09:02 PM
What have other people been using for their Code Geass costumes? It can't look woven because every close-up shot I've found shows the trim as being shiny and almost 3-D...

I'm going to second what Audhulma and MegumiHime said---if you're going to make your own trim and designs, gold pleather works very nicely. It's not flimsy and won't fray all over the place. Plus it looks awesome, too.

I found Saya's Lulu emperor cosplay, and I think she used gold pleather:
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/thresh-cosplay/DSC_0717.jpg

Varnani
11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Just to clarify, you can make your own bias tape by either cutting and ironing it yourself, or you can use one of these:
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3720&PRODID=prd2791

I...don't think ironing pleather is a good idea, though, so be careful. ^^;

Alatar
11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm well aware of how to make bias tape though, so no worries there. It's just that I keep seeing people with trim that has no signs of stitching in it and it intrigued me. I'll try to play with some gold pleather. If it can't be ironed into form then unfortunately I really will have to go with a gold cloth. Embroidery is right out. I'm going for a smooth look; not to mention the fact that I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Thresh, what type of fabric were you using for the gold trim? Was it glued on or are you guys too far away for me to see the stitching?

thresh
11-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Thresh, what type of fabric were you using for the gold trim? Was it glued on or are you guys too far away for me to see the stitching?

Hehehe, sorry, the picture's not of me, if that's what you're implying. It's of Saya (famous cosplayer from Japan). Anyway, from what I can guess, she used a thick gold pleather. If you look closely enough, she did in fact do stitching along the edges.

I don't know why I didn't just link you to Saya's site in the first place. Here's her emperor cosplay---you can kind of see for yourself how she did the gold stuff.

http://dearestsaya222.web.fc2.com/0809272829/re/re.html

She was a bit inconsistent---the gold pleather teardrop things on her back were glued on, whereas most everything else in the gold pleather was stitched on. I guess it shows that you can just glue the pleather on, though I couldn't tell you what kind of glue you'd use.

Varnani
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
If you're really dead set on not having any stitching showing, you could use Heat N Bond or the type of bias tape that fuses on. (the name escapes me ><; ) I think only the heavy duty Heat N Bond is recommended for pleather.

Alternatively, you could use hot glue. But I wouldn't.

Alatar
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Hehehe, sorry, the picture's not of me, if that's what you're implying. It's of Saya (famous cosplayer from Japan). Anyway, from what I can guess, she used a thick gold pleather. If you look closely enough, she did in fact do stitching along the edges.

No, I was referring to the picture of you and your two friends that you posted before that. The one of Lelouch, Suzaku, and Rolo. I dislike Saya's method. The double ridges on all the gold lines are far too obvious, at least in the first picture you linked. But the fabric-like gold in your preceeding pictures seems far less obtrusive. The same goes for Inupapa's link from the last page. I can't see any evidence of stitching at all and would like to know the materials/methods used for that.

MegumiHime
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm dead set on making Clovis for TekkoshoCon next year. I get more use out of my white boots ^___^

princedraco
11-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Does anybody know if there is any tutorials on how to make Suzaku's Knight Of Rounds Con Friendly Sword?

thresh
11-12-2008, 12:43 AM
No, I was referring to the picture of you and your two friends that you posted before that. The one of Lelouch, Suzaku, and Rolo. I dislike Saya's method. The double ridges on all the gold lines are far too obvious, at least in the first picture you linked. But the fabric-like gold in your preceeding pictures seems far less obtrusive. The same goes for Inupapa's link from the last page. I can't see any evidence of stitching at all and would like to know the materials/methods used for that.

Oh, I'm sorry for being so misleading. The first picture is not of me either---it's of Lyel (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/180268/), LucioleS_ (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/179035/), and Milady (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/162528/), other famous cosplayers, only from France this time.

From what I can guess, they cut their own bias tape for the gold trim. Which would be very easy to hide stitching with. Of course, if you really want to, you could always PM them and send them a private message inquiring about the techniques they used. However, I'm sure they're pretty busy and get PMd all the time, so I don't know if they'll be able to respond to you or not.

Saigo
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Hello.

I'm trying to make a Mao outfit.
But having slight trouble with the glasses, what material are other people using?
I bought some plexi glass that i am shaping to the right shape... however it is clear and not purple... and they dont sell car/window tints of the shade i need...
what does i do?

benihime
11-18-2008, 02:25 AM
hey guys, i'm going to attempt to TRY and make the ashford uniform for next year, try as meaning time and money O:

however i have a couple of questions.

1. what did you guys use for the base for the jacket? i know the front part is separate, but what about the actual jacket?
2. for the emblem, did you guys paint it or buy the patch or what?
3. twill?

i appreciate the input in advance!

Cassandra 180
11-18-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm planning on working on a Lelouch/Zero after I'm finished with Dark and Aki.

BTW does anyone have any tips as far as making Zero's mask? I've never made something like it before and I'm kinda lost on what to do.

MegumiHime
11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
hey guys, i'm going to attempt to TRY and make the ashford uniform for next year, try as meaning time and money O:

however i have a couple of questions.

1. what did you guys use for the base for the jacket? i know the front part is separate, but what about the actual jacket?
2. for the emblem, did you guys paint it or buy the patch or what?
3. twill?

i appreciate the input in advance!

First of, both the female and male uniform jackets are difficult to make due to the design of the jackets. Each person has their own way of making the jackets, and what I did was did a simple blazer with attaching (sewing) the panel to one side of the jacket. Then I bought sew on snaps and attached them to the opposite side and underneath of the panel.

As for the emblem, I bought official patches off of ebay. My Lelouch though painted hers.

Fabric - twill is your friend. <3

benihime
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM
First of, both the female and male uniform jackets are difficult to make due to the design of the jackets. Each person has their own way of making the jackets, and what I did was did a simple blazer with attaching (sewing) the panel to one side of the jacket. Then I bought sew on snaps and attached them to the opposite side and underneath of the panel.

As for the emblem, I bought official patches off of ebay. My Lelouch though painted hers.

Fabric - twill is your friend. <3

yeah i read the best way was to attach it instead of making it one, after my watanuki disaster i was going to do two definitely. a simple blazer? really? huh. i'll have to look into more patters.

well i had left over gold screen print ink so i'll probably use that.

i thought so XD black gabardine looks kinda dark grey in some lights

princedraco
11-19-2008, 08:31 PM
My friend wants to be Zero, and asked me to ask are there any good places sell or commision his helmet, or like tutorial for zero's helmet. I'm asking on behalf of him lol.

LoveAnime18
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
My friend wants to be Zero, and asked me to ask are there any good places sell or commision his helmet, or like tutorial for zero's helmet. I'm asking on behalf of him lol.

I saw a person on ebay does it.
But is costs mad $$$$$$$$$
It was like $300 >.>

UsagiNoSenshi
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Woot! I got my Cornelia wig today and I started on the top. I can already tell this is going to be an aggravating costume due to the large amount of stretch fabric involved.

Nuiihren
11-21-2008, 04:06 AM
@UsagiNoSenshi

Aww, congrats, I'm doing her too:)
Can't wait to see your result.

Kouji_Alone
11-21-2008, 06:05 PM
My new photosession in Emperor`s Lelouch costume.
Cosplayer: Me as Lelouch(X PRO-JeKCT cosplay group).
Photographers:Rimmer, Krada, Dallilla.
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_1.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/1.jpg)http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_2.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/2.jpg)http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_3.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/3.jpg)http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_4.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/4.jpg)

And.....I decided to make plots of different fanfics and fanarts a reality. A situation, when Lelouch's "evil eyes" are pulled out. Make up - plastic and theater blood. And that`s the result!
Me as Lelouch, Izumi as C.C., make-up Tasuki&Nataku, photographer Rimmer.>>>
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_11.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/11.jpg)http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_12.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/12.jpg)http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/th_13.jpg (http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/x/p/xpro_jekct/13.jpg)
___
More photos of both photosessions >>> http://www.cosplay.com/costume/186638/

Thoras
11-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Has anyone seen a Knightmare frame yet? I would love to make one if I ever got to that skill level, but the proportions boggle my mind. The good looking frames all have such tiny waists compared to the shoulders/torso area, you'd need to be like seven feet wide....

bara-ame
11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Has anyone seen a Knightmare frame yet? I would love to make one if I ever got to that skill level, but the proportions boggle my mind. The good looking frames all have such tiny waists compared to the shoulders/torso area, you'd need to be like seven feet wide....

I did just see this picture: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1814490/
But, I've never seen one in person before.

So, last week I got fabric for my C.C. cosplay, hopefull I'll be able to squeeze some working time on it in this weekend.

princedraco
11-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Any thoughts or tips on how to maybe do Suzaku's knight of zero battle outfit? i havn't seen any online yet for commision or anywhere, still deciding between that and knight of rounds. also i noticed his outside pics and his in albion pic, outfit looks same except the front of his outfit is different when he's in cockpit, star on front instead of that red ruby but the rest of outfit looks same.

non red thing in middle-
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/marenaleague/skzero3.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/marenaleague/skzero1.jpg

red thing in middle-
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/marenaleague/suzakuknightzero1-1.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/marenaleague/skzero5.jpg

Finding a shot of the battle uniform without red in middle and just yellow symbol, a full shot of everything he's wearing has been super hard for me to find.