PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

konataFTW
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
@Ukara07
Cornelia's wig: http://cgi.ebay.com/CODE-GEASS-Curly-CORNELIA-PURPLE-wig-medium-long_W0QQitemZ180344328595QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CS A_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item180344328595&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

perfect nee?

also which ver are you trying to do? her princess ver, ending vr... or when she took off her princess rank?

@niyoh
you know weight doesnt really matter wen you cosplay... some prgnant women even cosplay CC and I took pics of her because she didnt let he pregnancy get in the way of cosplaying CC

plus the jumpsuit is rather cute and comfy and loose that I doubt there will be anyone complainin about it

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Thank you, I looked them over, and I think I'm in agreement, the Moss Green looks much better for C.C

By the way, has anyone ever attempted her..err..well, I guess Lolita-esque outfit, with her hair in the pigtails? I think it's cute, but the hair seems a little too ambitious for me right now.

Mogwai
04-10-2009, 10:12 PM
@Sakurai_Atsushi, I haven't tried it before, but I don't think the hair is going to be too ambitious. You'll just need a short wig for the base and two clip ons. =3 A good example would be something like this, http://cgi.ebay.com/2-clip-on-Pink-PONYTAILS-wig-RARE-new-cosplay-costume_W0QQitemZ400042187950QQihZ027QQcategoryZ60 188QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Lol, same here! xD I hate closing my eyes as well. It just comes out... wrong. I do have to agree, the paper cranes are sorta overused, but I like them. ^__^ Although, I'm horrible at Origami. xD I'd be lucky and happy if I could just make one.

Oh! You have to tell me how the key comes out when you're done! I'm sure it'll be amazing looking! It'll be first time ever making a prop if I get around to doing it. xP Ah, the trying hard to make Nunnally look sexy outfit! lol, I love that. xD I'm still in shock they actually put Nunnally in that. It's so.. UnNunnally. ( I still like it though xD ) But, the last episode is so epic that how can you not do that oufit? x3 That's so cool that you are doing it! I'm so looking forward to seeing it.

Gahh! D= Her shoes are the only thing I dislike about her R2 outfit. But, yay! I can't wait to see it! You'd make an adorable Nunnally. ^__^ (I just saw your Sakura photo, the wig is awesome! *_* You'll also be an awesome Sakura too. )

Lol! xD Finding the right wig for Nunnally is difficult. I recently bought the Cher 951 from Cosworx in Strawberry blonde.The wig is gorgeous, I just wished I picked out a different color. xP

konataFTW
04-11-2009, 03:22 AM
GASP Me too!!! I couldnt make a paper crane after 3 tries or smt :O we have a lot in common XD

ahaha... I was wondering If I should make it light or heavy... if light I can make the button pushable and if I make it heavy I'm gunna have to make an illusion XD I don't think it's hard though... I'm not bragging I think I'm better off making props rather than the cosplays itself, because I took 3D design in 6th grade XD I'm taking them again next year when I'm a freshman... or should I take fashion designing or Japanese language? ugh soo many otakunized subjects in high school XD... so if a mere 8th grader could do it you could too!!! I'd gladly help ya if ya want... also I'ma do Nunnally's choker next week... I'm too tired lol XD

Hehhhhh? the red outfit isn't like Nunnally? IMO I think it is though the sexyness isn't appealling XD... I mean there is stll the shy factor given by how to closes her arms and being chained like that lol... also oif I do that ver of her I could be paired up with an Emperor Lelouch... GASP I could even reenact it with him XD

I like the shoes... they look so CLAMPefied lol I think it was meant for Sakura XD and speaking of Sakura thanks for the compliments!!!

I saw some wigs at amphigory... here:
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_ashley850.html
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_a_esther.html
als this one is almost perfect :D http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_natalie_xxl.html

but I just dont... know how to order from m eheh...hehehe

I wish KIDS-Charissa makes them Nunnally wigs again uwaaa... or maybe it's because there aren't many people cosplaying Nunnally that they find it profitless to sell? T^T

MegumiHime
04-11-2009, 10:33 AM
als this one is almost perfect :D http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_natalie_xxl.html

I wish KIDS-Charissa makes them Nunnally wigs again uwaaa... or maybe it's because there aren't many people cosplaying Nunnally that they find it profitless to sell? T^T

Personally, I don't recommend Amphigory. They are horrible when it comes to customer service and shipping (let alone their quality is almost less then Hong Kong wigs). Last time I ordered a wig from them there were numerous things wrong with it. One, it took 29 days to be shipped out, which is freakin' rediculous considering that they are in the States. Secondly, I only got one email from them with no updates at all with where my wig was. And when I received my wig, it had a label of "silver" on the tag, but it was purely white. I was freakin' pissed and won't ever order from them again.

Ukara07
04-11-2009, 11:49 AM
konataFTW:

I meant whether making her costume vs. being able to AFFORD the wig. With two costumes at once, $35 plus $10 shipping is a bit 'spensive for my budget. I might be able to buy the wig, if I spend half an hour crying crocodile tears to my dad. Then the suit (I wanted to cosplay her as the princess), just looks so COMPLICATED. And I refuse to buy it. I make all my costumes. Arg! Why does having a life have to be so expensive?!?!?!

But yeah, it IS the perfect wig

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-11-2009, 02:31 PM
The wig in that link is gorgeous. I was thinking of going through them for the wig for my OC, but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to go with a short wig and buy the three seperate extensions for that character, or to just buy the wig.

konataFTW
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
eeeeehhh? Amphigory is that bad? >_<

how about cosworx then? how do you buy from them?

@Ukara07
uwah... how much can you afford? I picked it cuz you said sumthing about diffculty so there the wig is set :D but here ^.^
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Long-Curly-Dark-Purple-Party-Hair-Wig-Y30_W0QQitemZ250404716300QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA _MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item250404716300&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Purple-Cosplay-Big-Spiral-Curl-Long-Wigs-8-4_W0QQitemZ360145527184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_M WA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item360145527184&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

and just style them for a bit...

uhm... I think her princess outfit is the easiest of them all... http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/characters/images/cornelia_COMP.gif

so for the top/jacket or whatev, use a snowwhite-like dress pattern or anything with the puffy sleeves..., then redraw the bottom part into how her jacketis supposed to end... (uhm... pattern is boutt 10$, fabric will be about 2 yards for me and I am 29-27-30 4"10, 2 yards of vinyl is about 15$?)

then for the tight pants... personally I would buy cheap leotard at some dance stores but you could reuse the fabric used on the top to make em urself... (leotard=5$, fabric 0$ :D)

and then shoes, boot ccovers? or modified thrift store heels :D same thing for her gloves

cape= less than 5 bucks depending on how long you need it.. trust me it'll be cheap (most of my cosplays consists of capes XD) then to style it will be easy!

and hope I helped with the budget and all lol XD

MegumiHime
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
eeeeehhh? Amphigory is that bad? >_<

I use Cosworxs the most of any wig store. I highly recommend them. Generally shipping is less then two weeks (almost sometimes 2-3 days). Prices are a bit higher, but their wig quality and colors are amazing.

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Seconded. Cosworx wigs are some of the best. I've almost singularly gone through them for every wig I have [almost]

I plan to get some more very soon. =D

Ukara07
04-11-2009, 05:33 PM
*bows down repeatedly* konataFTW you are amazing. You have just made my life so much easier, and now my mom won't flip when she sees how much my Joann's gift card is going to dwindle. The costume, in retrospect, now looks much easier.

Not to ask too many questions (better safe than sorry right?) but do you know how good the quality is of those wigs? Cuz once I bought this black wig off ebay and in the pic it looked nice an full. But when I got it in the mail, it was a thin, horribly cut piece of crap.

I rue the day I traded my job for an education (I'm kidding)

konataFTW
04-12-2009, 03:20 AM
@Ukara07
NP^^, I know right? once you break down the cosplays into pieces you'd figure out how easy it'll be... and how cheap it'll be *snickers*

The first link I gave you... the seller, Wig Fashion is where my brother bought his wig... and I wanna rip him apart because it was GORGEOUS it seemed waaaaay better than the picture T^T and here are more witnesses: http://myworld.ebay.com/wigfashion/

the second one... well I'm not quite sure but here are the feedbacks: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=zhenna0036&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=3

and sorry about yur crappy wig?

benihime
04-12-2009, 04:32 AM
i have to go in favor for amphigory *skips in*

i've used them several times and my wigs (if in stock - they do seem to be out a stock a lot) came in and were excellent quality - more so than the hong kong type.

i actually JUST bought a wig from wig fashion and i have to say the quality looked better in the picture *points to wig in icon* it was very coarse and had almost no hair on the top so you can see the netting a big. i was very dissapointed

konataFTW
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
heeeeh? you're kidding!

that's too bad :( my bro's wig was like real hair but thinner I guess and it was full :/

Mogwai
04-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Long post! xDGASP Me too!!! I couldnt make a paper crane after 3 tries or smt :O we have a lot in common XD

ahaha... I was wondering If I should make it light or heavy... if light I can make the button pushable and if I make it heavy I'm gunna have to make an illusion XD I don't think it's hard though... I'm not bragging I think I'm better off making props rather than the cosplays itself, because I took 3D design in 6th grade XD I'm taking them again next year when I'm a freshman... or should I take fashion designing or Japanese language? ugh soo many otakunized subjects in high school XD... so if a mere 8th grader could do it you could too!!! I'd gladly help ya if ya want... also I'ma do Nunnally's choker next week... I'm too tired lol XD

Hehhhhh? the red outfit isn't like Nunnally? IMO I think it is though the sexyness isn't appealling XD... I mean there is stll the shy factor given by how to closes her arms and being chained like that lol... also oif I do that ver of her I could be paired up with an Emperor Lelouch... GASP I could even reenact it with him XD

I like the shoes... they look so CLAMPefied lol I think it was meant for Sakura XD and speaking of Sakura thanks for the compliments!!!

Haha, you're right, we do have a lot in common. xD

I'd be cool if you made it light, a pushable button would be nice!
Oh, you're not bragging at all! I think it's great you know how to make props really well! It's amazing you took 3D design in 6th grade though! My middle school (or is it junior high?) didn't even offer an art program. xD Both Fashion Design and Japanese sound like great classes, it's too hard to choose. I'd probably pick Japanese though because I already took a Fashion class in Highschool and didn't enjoy it too much. xP There were more students than sewing machines and I didn't learn much.(Or sewed much. xD ) Ah, you're so sweet! Thank you so much! I would love the help! ::huggles::

That has to be it! I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it, it's nice they kept some modesty(innocence?) in it. Ah! It would be awesome to be paired up with a emperor Lelouch! A reenactment would be such a great photoshoot! <3

Lol, most of Code Geass is CLAMPified. xD When I first saw Zero, all I thought of is Kamui from X/1999. It has to be his cape. You don't need to thank me, you really do look like a great Sakura and the wig was awesome! =) You even did the antennas really well! <3

Those wigs really do look good, even the color of them are great! But, I'm gonna try to salvage the wig I have. Just have to buy some extensions of a slightly lighter color and just go for it! xD Need the extra volume anyway for those two giant ringlets she has.

I know, I wished they still made Nunnally wigs too! D= That has to be the reason why they stopped making it. If I was the seller, I'd also stop selling the wig if it wasn't making any profit. Ebay has waayyy too many selling fees for me.

Also, I do have second Coswox! The quality of the wigs and shipping are really good. =3 Are you still having trouble ordering from them?

konataFTW
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
lol I put Japanese Class as my first choice and fashion on 2nd soo I dunno ^____^V yeah.. ressesion sucks.. I can't even spell it XD

kyahahaha XD Kamui I didn't think so... I saw Fai in Lelouch.. lol weird o_O but like how he talks and stuff lol :bigtu:

my ahoges kinda deflated so added more hairspray... oh and got2b gel is so hard to use when making the humpy things... it made my fingers all slipppery? lol XD

yeah... I don't know how to buy from Cosworx T^T I have a 20-sumthin dollars giftcard cuz won in ALA masquerade XD I just dunnohow T_T

I'll prolly style my own nunnally wig with the Ashley color 14 or smt -_- can't decide

also how do you calculate shipping if you buy from cosworx? :O

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Cosworx, you just add the wig in the color you want to your cart, and if you sign up they'll have your address, so when you go to checkout [you don't have to, acting like you're checking out is how alot of people figure the full price w/shipping] it will give you the subtotal, and then the total with the shipping. [I think where I live, ground shipping is like...4.95$]

When you check out, there should be a place for coupon or giftcards so you just input the code on the card then.

RedSonya
04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Finished sewing Lelouch's vest/jacket and now I can start adding all the gold accents. Sewing bias tape is such a pain and Lelouch's vest is completely outlined with it. Ugh!
Speaking of wigs, I am going to purchase KIDS-Charissa's Lelouch and C.C wig soon. Since I've been hearing good things about them and so on. Although I am very nit picky about base wig caps so I am hoping they are similar to cosplaywigs or cosworx.

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Has anyone tried Xingke yet? I was drawn to his character the most, and I'm waiting for other cosplayers to get to it first, since I would rather be able to get some tips, instead of winging it.

konataFTW
04-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Xingke seems easy to make and very rare :3 you should go for it -^-!

Yumei
04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm working on a Li Xingke cosplay. There some pics of my progress in my profile. I'm almost done. I mostly just got his sword and headband piece to finish. I need to try and get some up to date photos :bigtu:

kannazuki
04-17-2009, 01:34 PM
For Kaguya, is her skirt pleated, or gathered? I can't really tell from ref pics >.< Also, anyone know how to make the wrap around her arms, so that it would keep its shape?

((Ughh like, a month til Fanime, and I still have to make two costumes, plus modify a few others >><;; ))

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm inspired!

I think I'll go for it then =D

I'm glad for the progress shots, it'll help =D

Koneko_Kusakabe
04-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I've done Suzaku and I'm working on Gino now! It's rly fun making it.

MegumiHime
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Finally started V.V. <3~! I bought the wig last night online, so hopefully it will get here next week. Does anyone have any good tutorials on how to make wigs "wavy"?

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I usually just use a curling iron and loosely curl them.

My kanekalon and eleora wigs have always been able to take it well [even though you're not supposed to]

But I've seen a few wigs now, made of a new synthetic fiber, that is able to with stand high heat =D

look into it.

MegumiHime
04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I usually just use a curling iron and loosely curl them.

My kanekalon and eleora wigs have always been able to take it well [even though you're not supposed to]

But I've seen a few wigs now, made of a new synthetic fiber, that is able to with stand high heat =D

look into it.

Curling irons will fry wigs... I wouldn't recommend this method at all to anyone >_>

Zipchan
04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
You could always just do what I do when I need to curl/wave a wig. :O

What I usually do is put the wig fibers into plastic curlers, pin the curlers to the wig head with T-pins, then go over the wig with a fabric steamer. After you've steamed the fibers, let them cool down and then spray them down with hairspray. Let it sit overnight, then unpin the curlers and take the curlers out of the hair; you should have some nice, bouncy curls in your wig, then. Depending on how curly the wig needs to be, you may have to do this quite a few times. It's how I styled the bangs on my Euphemia wig (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1881120/), as well as the ends where it needed some curl.

Quoted for laziness. XD; But it works like a charm every time.

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Hence why I said you're not supposed to. >>; Duh.

I just said I have, and mine are fine, and they came out perfect, with no damage.

Also, I said they've come out with a heat resistant wig fiber.

I was saying look into the heat resistant wig fiber.

nowhere in my post did I say: "Please take a curling iron to your wig, as it's cool and will make your wig look awesome, even though it may fry it. "

Please read more carefully.

Anyhow.

Moving on.

MegumiHime
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
You could always just do what I do when I need to curl/wave a wig. :O

Quoted for laziness. XD; But it works like a charm every time.

Thanks! I'll have to experiment on an old wig first =3

konataFTW
04-17-2009, 06:43 PM
For Kaguya, is her skirt pleated, or gathered? I can't really tell from ref pics >.< Also, anyone know how to make the wrap around her arms, so that it would keep its shape?

((Ughh like, a month til Fanime, and I still have to make two costumes, plus modify a few others >><;; ))

pleated pleated pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaated!!!!

also I know it sounds crazy but I made her hawl with flexible poster board and then shape it to her shawl...

then cover it with the fabric :D

Mogwai
04-18-2009, 01:16 PM
lol I put Japanese Class as my first choice and fashion on 2nd soo I dunno ^____^V yeah.. ressesion sucks.. I can't even spell it XD

kyahahaha XD Kamui I didn't think so... I saw Fai in Lelouch.. lol weird o_O but like how he talks and stuff lol :bigtu:

my ahoges kinda deflated so added more hairspray... oh and got2b gel is so hard to use when making the humpy things... it made my fingers all slipppery? lol XD

yeah... I don't know how to buy from Cosworx T^T I have a 20-sumthin dollars giftcard cuz won in ALA masquerade XD I just dunnohow T_T

I'll prolly style my own nunnally wig with the Ashley color 14 or smt -_- can't decide

also how do you calculate shipping if you buy from cosworx? :O

lol, taking Japanese sounds like fun, I hope you get that class. I took a foreign language class once and it turned out to be so much fun. x3 Wish I could back and take it again.

That's weird, Lloyd always reminded of Fai. xD That's probably why I like Lloyd so much.

Do you like working with wigs? You seem really good at it! =3

Ashley in 14 would be so pretty! 14 looks like the perfect color for Nunnally too!^__^ I say go for it! I actaully plan on getting extensions in that color if they ever decide to make in 14. xD And to order from Cosworx, just do what Sakurai_Atsushi said.

kannazuki
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
pleated pleated pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaated!!!!

also I know it sounds crazy but I made her hawl with flexible poster board and then shape it to her shawl...

then cover it with the fabric :D

Thanks! ^-^ I didn't think of using poster board! How does it look?

konataFTW
04-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Mogwai

lol I didn't see Fai in Lloyd at all XD more likely Mokona <3 hehehe

Thanks, well I'm pretty good at doing my hair and after reading some wig care I started styling some wigs (did some commisionsfor my friends as long as they have their own wig and their own materials I'd gladly help!!)

yeah, 14 is the closest I could get and Ashley seems good and easy to work with... I didn't wanna go for something so heavy because I don't want my wig cap showing lol XD I'll be ordering from cosworx at the same time I order a perfect wig for Len -___- Clover I hear /shot

kannazuki

aw well the cosplay was for a friend and I only helped commision it D: so I don't really have any pictures of it... but I have some extra poster coards but no fabric atm so I'll try to demonstrate it later :D

konataFTW
04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
sorry for the double post >_<

but I forgot to put up photos last week >_> due to sakura matsuri and all =__=

back to 80% XD (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/202404/)

kinda redoing the dress a bit >_> plus the choker was a fail cuz I made it 2d =^=

I just took a shower cuz I came from the pool so I may look pale lol XD

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
How did you get the picture of her on the thing?

Whenever I upload character pictures, they delete mine T.T -emosob-

konataFTW
04-21-2009, 09:29 PM
eh? they do that? well I dunno I just saved it like that...why doncha try it now maybe they cooled down or smt :D

~Tamizzle
04-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Hello, Ive been looking for pleather to use for the symbol/and gold decorations on C.C's R2 dress but have had no luck what so ever, *sigh* I was wondering if anyone could give me other ideas of materials I could use or other ways they have done them?

Please let me know as soon as you can, thanks
=3

kannazuki
04-22-2009, 12:15 AM
I finally finished my Xingke plushie~~ <3 I'll post pics when my comp is back up (using my cousin's, atm). And I just started the kimono-top of Kaguya's costume. My sis is bugging me to finish by this Saturday, so I'll be pulling all-nighters, just for her ^^;;

RedMoon
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know if the undershirt of the girls uniform has a long-sleeved or short-sleeved white undershirt? I know it doesn't particularly matter under the coat, but it does for a stickler. :P

Sakurai_Atsushi
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
@RedMoon - I believe that they're long-sleeved.

@KonataFTW - o.o nope. they still take mine down ;.;

konataFTW
04-23-2009, 01:43 AM
dah why? =(

ugh... how can I do Nunnally's gravity-defying shoe frills T^T

Angathol
04-23-2009, 02:24 AM
dah why? =(

ugh... how can I do Nunnally's gravity-defying shoe frills T^T

What shoe frills? You mean the V-shaped thing that's going on with her boots?

konataFTW
04-23-2009, 11:51 PM
yes T_T I am thinking of making shoe covers because I wanna wear the ballet shoes I'm using for my sakura cosplay too... actually I was thinking of using foam for it to stand but huh? =__=

DreaM HunteR
04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Woaaaaaaaah! New art from DVD box by CLAMP is AWESOME!!!!!!! <3 Have you seen it already? C.C. has amazing kimono *w*

konataFTW
04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
uwah... tempting... any pics?

MegumiHime
04-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Woaaaaaaaah! New art from DVD box by CLAMP is AWESOME!!!!!!! <3 Have you seen it already? C.C. has amazing kimono *w*

I'm totally doing Rolo's kimono for a fall con this year =3!

Mogwai
04-24-2009, 07:17 PM
You're Nunnally cosplay is coming out great so far konataFTW! ^__^ Can't wait to see it when it's finished. And If you want to see the box art, here it is: http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/70869 =3

I'm so happy that Rolo finally gets some love. xD There's hardly any artwork of him that I know of.

konataFTW
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
oh shi~

yes Rolo is amazing in the pic thanks Mogwai~!

Suzaku loooks a looooooooot like Syaoran in this pic XD

and since Suzaku(my onii-sama's sig cosplays xD) is in the art maybe I should make the cosplay next year for SFCBF too XD (Nunnally looks a lil like Emeraude... omg CLAMP rocks XD)

UsagiNoSenshi
04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
I've decided to make those outfits for my group. I'm going to kill myself having to make so many detailed outfits but it'll look cool anyways. I may make up a similar outfit for me to go as Kallen to match them all.

CasandraKiske
04-25-2009, 01:55 AM
So I'm looking to cosplay as Massacre!Euphemia for Otakon this year. Not quite sure how to go about it (should I make the complete dress, then destroy it?), but I wanna do this. I'll probably have to draft a pattern since I'm plus size, too.

Any advice would be appreciated since I'm a little over my head.

DreaM HunteR
04-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Suzaku loooks a looooooooot like Syaoran in this pic XD
I agree! He looks REALLY like Syaoran (maybe that's why i like this art so much XD?)

Anyway... CLAMP is not so creative Oo The art looks like the art from TRC, the Nunnally kimono looks like one which Sakura wears on some art, AND the CC and Lelouch pose looks like one on the art from TRC TOO =_____=

But whatever! XD CLAMP rules :P

I'm waiting for some costumes from the new art :D

konataFTW
04-25-2009, 01:40 PM
CasandraKiske

Hi there~! I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents ok? =) I'd suggest making the pattern and make it ripped and trashed already because if you tear it up well... it seems you're wasting your efforts/fabric :P and fabric... fabric T_T [gah it reminds me I need more white silk for my frills T_T]

although, I'm not very sure how the rips look like so how about throwing in some refs with ya dear? ^.^

DreaM HunteR

lolz XD it looks like the Sakura kimonos outfit they wore ahaha... and the CC/Lelouch pose looks a lil like uhmmm TRC vol 1 pose? lol but they're so cool XD

haha instead of Emeraude I was about to say Sakura then looked at the pic (oh yes... why) but there is this slight turn to Emeraude XD (Bwahaha I'm so stupid I thought Rolo looked like a seducing CLAMP character I just don't know the name... Yuuko? errr? lol)

Mogwai
04-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Kyaa, he does look like Syaoran in that picture. xD I thought he looked familar. That'd be so cool to that cosplay done. In fact, it would awesome to see someone cosplay any of them. They are all so pretty. *_* I especially love Nunnally's kimono (of course. xP ), but there's no way I would want to tackle that type of project. Too hard! xD

I was about to say Nunnally looked a little bit like Kotori, but you're right, she resembles Emeraude much more!

UsagiChiba
04-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Haha! Coming in late... I've almost finished my Euphie for the last part of the series >:3 (haha! Genocide-chan)....

Lisa-san......^^

*see you again XD

well same with SailorAnime86

coming in late...lol~

My Code Geass Cosplay as Euphemia Li Britannia , Princess Version

I've been twice time for cosplaying this character XD and re-make the hair styling

link :

old Euphie's hair styling :P

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/87856/

new Euphie's hair styling ^^

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/147379/

for new hair styling I made a bun form rayon yarn which usually use for embroidery XD I'm lucky because I found the same color with the wig ^^ I use two wigs for euphie's hair a straight and the curly for extension..both are baby pink color

^^

I plan to cosplaying Euphemia's art book dress...

anyone...would you give me the specific patterrn??

thanks ^^

konataFTW
04-29-2009, 02:32 AM
uwaaaaaah... I ordered my wig... can't believe it XD uwaaah so happy XD it's ashly on 16... figured 14 is too dark u_u

btw does Nunnally have a ribbon or something on her hair to keep the braids?

vrosario7
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I am going to Otakon 09 and will be C.C. I just ordered the wig but my hubby thinks it's too bright, but I wasn't sure what other shade of green would look better. any suggestions?

vrosario7
04-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I need to find the White boots similar to C.C's anyone have any idea where I can get them from?

ycysusan2001
04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I am going to Otakon 09 and will be C.C. I just ordered the wig but my hubby thinks it's too bright, but I wasn't sure what other shade of green would look better. any suggestions?

depend on which C.C. cos you are waring. If the outfit is from anime I suggest go with the neon green one, more accurate. If the outfit is from the art book, go with the moss green wig. ^^ just my personal suggestion ^^~

vrosario7
04-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Great advice. I am going for the prison suit from the anime. I guess the neon green is the best then. Now all I need is to find the contact lenses Thank you again ycysusan2001

Yuffz
05-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Me and my little cosplay group teamed up with Twinfools and Uchihayuna from FDP to do a group of them : )

Pictures can be seen in my gallery! We were the girls and they were our lovely boys : )

godmi
05-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make Anya Earlstraim's vest-jacket stay formed? I'm tempted by wiring, but wanted to get input first.

Also, any suggestions on the Britannia insignia? I'm thinking of going with slightly shiny fabric paint for it.

Yuffz: Those are adorable! You make a great Euphemia. :]

StHoly
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
hello
i was wondering what kinda fabric do you use for C.C default version, the jumpsuit?
was thinking to use PVC.. is pleather better?
thank you

konataFTW
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
wahahahaha just got my Nunnally wig XD

pic1 (http://i42.tinypic.com/2vafdhf.jpg)
pic2FIN (http://i43.tinypic.com/xofqll.jpg)

I'll be styling it uhmmm on sunday I guess (tomorrow it's a day off so it's the time to go to the rest house x3 and saturday I have another choir competition and Great America wooot XD)

Fantasyisacrime
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
i think my cosplay wig is too bright too...i got it from cosplaywig...
its the only bright green wig they had.
its like suppper green...and its suppose to go with my R2 costume...lol
i dont really recommend getting that one...I mean i don't know...i guess it looks okay the more you look at it.

StHoly
05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
is it the neon green?? i was thinking to get a neon green wig though not from cosplaywig.com.. >.<

Ukara07
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
So I switched from cosplaying Cornelia to cosplaying Kallen. Does anyone have suggestions as to her wig? Because her hair is flipped in the back, and long in the front (face frame bangs). If I buy the wig with the bangs, it isn't styled properly. Styled right and there are no bangs.

And I don't dare style it myself. I'm terrified, after my Deidara and Misa fiasco's. I have black hair, which is roughly the right length. Maybe a washable color dye?

I dunno, I'm open to suggestions.

Angathol
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
So I switched from cosplaying Cornelia to cosplaying Kallen. Does anyone have suggestions as to her wig? Because her hair is flipped in the back, and long in the front (face frame bangs). If I buy the wig with the bangs, it isn't styled properly. Styled right and there are no bangs.

And I don't dare style it myself. I'm terrified, after my Deidara and Misa fiasco's. I have black hair, which is roughly the right length. Maybe a washable color dye?

I dunno, I'm open to suggestions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-cosplay-wig-RED_W0QQitemZ320366945784QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1345QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is pretty close, I think. They're a reputable seller. Go for it.

Ukara07
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Oooh, thanks. Also, anyone have an idea where I could get a pattern or something to give me a heads up on the school uniform? I have this old pair of yellow pants (thrift stores rock) whick I plan to cut and rip into the right pieces for the jacket. But to be frugle, since it's a limited amount of fabric... well, y'know

ycysusan2001
05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
StHoly: I use PVC on mine... though you cannot sit in it ^^;;;. If you can find vinyl for it itll be the best. Green wig wise I also buy coswork's wig. Its pretty bright, though I think its pretty accurate for C.C. in anime version.

StHoly
05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
ycysusan > you can't sit on PVC? XDD i totally have no idea about it.. LOLL
vinyl is the best for the costume? how bout pleather? (i think it's bit shiny but i've got a friend who use this to make it~ XD)

as for the wig, i've decided to use this.. green wig (http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-a3c702c2f8b604aa1ff0d74f5caaf045.jhtml?cm_cat=0&pm1=2) i think it's quite accurate though not as bright as the anime version (i'm 1/2 thinking wanting the bright green and another 1/2 i don wan it.. DXXX)

ycysusan2001
05-07-2009, 12:03 AM
StHoly: PVC is not that stretchy, so if you want to make it fit your body super well might not able to sit. What kind of pleader did she use?

StHoly
05-07-2009, 01:46 AM
i'm not sure which pleather she used.. so to make it fit and fit nicely without having to see your.. 'extra lumps' anywhere vinyl is a good fabric? or should i stick to PVC or prolly pleather of that one kind that you think would work?

ycysusan2001
05-07-2009, 02:52 AM
if you can find white vinyl then dont use PVC. Vinyl is also pretty shiny, the difference between vinyl and PVC is that vinyl can be scratch which is better.

Ukara07
05-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi me again. Okies, this time, I need help not with my costume but with my friend's. He's cosplaying Bismarck Waldstein, Knight of One.
Ref:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f274/Ukara07/BismarckWaldstein.jpg

Any suggestions to the wig? Cuz the only color I saw that matched on CosWorx was Black Cherry, but that's a Sepia color and not many wigs come in Sepia.

I know, I know, I suck as picking wigs lol

MikuraHime
05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I made a Nunnally cosplay about 3 months ago. I was considering making an Anya costume, but it's a bit intricate for my work so i'll probably just order it online.

StHoly
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
if you can find white vinyl then dont use PVC. Vinyl is also pretty shiny, the difference between vinyl and PVC is that vinyl can be scratch which is better.

you mean stretched?
or scratched as in, you can destroy it with only nails? (as in drawing lines all over the fabrics with nails and leave the lines.. XD)

so among all fabrics, i would choose the least shiny ones,.. that would be..?

ycysusan2001
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
^^;; ya I mean stretched.
Vinyl also come with really shiny one.

StHoly
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
ah..

thanks alot!!! you helped me! and i read your profile.. you have cosplayed everyone i wanted to cosplay!! i should learn from you! XD

konataFTW
05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I made a Nunnally cosplay about 3 months ago. I was considering making an Anya costume, but it's a bit intricate for my work so i'll probably just order it online.

uwaahh <3 do you have pics?

MikuraHime
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
uwaahh <3 do you have pics?

For some strange reason, I haven't. I guess I was just too busy working on my other costumes that I forgot about Nunnally. I've gotta get the costume out of the back of my closet and use it for a photoshoot soon. Sorry. Anyway, I've decided I also wanna start working on a younger Nunnally costume for my little sister. It's gonna be so much fun!

konataFTW
05-07-2009, 11:41 PM
lolz I'm also going to make a younger Nunnally in the near future~1

Suzlu
05-10-2009, 01:16 AM
question!
does anyone know how to make the earring in this version of lelouch (http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp182/fhidirt_07/Code-Geass-1.jpg) there are still some stuff i have to add to my cosplay..so plz help :3

konataFTW
05-10-2009, 01:48 AM
the best way I could think of is... paperclay and cheap chains bought at Michaels XD

Sugarlat
05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I need to make the School Uniform for Milly and Shirley can anyone give me any tips or advice?

Meiola
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi!
I wanna make an Anya Alstreim costume does anyone have a pattern for the prints on her black top and coat?
and the pattern for the white thingie that she wera? (sorry dunno what it's called)

Arimas
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm working on C.C's R2 Outfit, any ideas?

Soy Sauce
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I would like to do Rolo's box art robe. I got the general idea for his robe, the tricky part is the inside since I can't tell what is the full design for that part on his chest. Any ideas?

Niccypippy
05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
does anyone know where i get a britiania flag?

Mogwai
05-15-2009, 07:16 PM
uwaaaaaah... I ordered my wig... can't believe it XD uwaaah so happy XD it's ashly on 16... figured 14 is too dark u_u

btw does Nunnally have a ribbon or something on her hair to keep the braids?

I thought 14 was okay, but it's always better to buy a shade lighter than a shade darker.
Learned that the hard way. xP The wig looks great by the way! Can't wait to see it when it's finished! I'm still working on mine. xD

About her braids,
http://i44.tinypic.com/34zyvc1.jpg (I finally found a good reference picture! )
It doesn't look like she has anything keeping them in.

@Soy Sauce,
Yay! Someone's doing Rolo! *_* The full design for that part on his chest is actually on both Nunnally's and Suzaku's Kimono: http://i43.tinypic.com/ebat6e.jpg

@Niccypippy,
I think you have to actually make one, I haven't seen Britiannia flags being sold anywhere.

konataFTW
05-16-2009, 02:35 PM
oh dear haven't posted here in a while... working my butt off for my cosplays (kyaaah Fanime's on friday!! T_T) and I must make the Launch KEY ASAAAAAAAAAP

khislove12
05-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok so im going to be cosplaying princess euphemia soon and im gonna do her lavender/cream dress and idk how im gonna make the dress poofy but i also want to be able to sit comfortably
does anyone know how to make like the underskirt so it poofs out if you do could u send me like a link for a tutorial or somthing
thanks so much!

MegumiHime
05-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Here are pics of my private V.V. photoshoot. I was very happy with the results and compliments I got from the costume over ACen:

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/148996/

kagome_twin15
05-17-2009, 05:49 PM
No but I will be meeting Lelouch's voice actor this summer at mechacon. ^_^

Mogwai
05-17-2009, 08:13 PM
@khislove12,
You're gonna need a petticoat if you want to give a dress poof. =3 There are few options depending on how poofy you want the dress to be. If you want it to be really poofy, then a hoop skirt would be good. Although, since I've never worn one, I don't know if or think it'll be too comfortable.

And then there's the A-line petticoat, which isn't all that poofy as the hoop skirt, but comfortable enough. I recently bought this one,
http://cgi.ebay.com/A-LINE-BRIDAL-GOWN-DRESS-CRINOLINE-PETTICOAT-SKIRT-SLIP_W0QQitemZ400029838217QQihZ027QQcategoryZ10546 9QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you want, I'll throw up some pictures of it. =3

@MegumiHime,
You're V.V. cosplay is amazing! ^__^

MegumiHime
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
@MegumiHime,
You're V.V. cosplay is amazing! ^__^

Thank you~!

kannazuki
05-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Finished Kaguya in time for Fanime~~~!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2034943/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2034944/

Forgive the quality of the pics Dx My sis took both, and the freakish lighting at this time doesn't really help ^-^;;

ChibiTenshi
05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
HIya~ =) I'm planning to do C.C.'s prison outfit for... 2010 maybe... I was wondering, what type of fabric material should I use for it..? It's... sorta like a body suit(?) Ref pic (http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-91547409642223_2051_20348167)

I guess.. some sort of strechy fabric? *is horrible at selecting fabric material* Any help would be appreciated @o@

Kaitie
05-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I've been contemplating doing Kallen, but I can't for the life of me find an actual screenshot of her in that black uniform I see a bunch of Kallen cosplayer's wearing. Can anyone show me a screenshot, preferably a full body? It would be much, much appreciated.

Sugarlat
05-29-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm really pitching to be Suzaku as the Knight of Zero this year. Not sure if I can get it finished though XD it looks awfully complicated.

Raven382
05-29-2009, 08:39 AM
I've been contemplating doing Kallen, but I can't for the life of me find an actual screenshot of her in that black uniform I see a bunch of Kallen cosplayer's wearing. Can anyone show me a screenshot, preferably a full body? It would be much, much appreciated.
You mean her Black Knight uniform, right? Here are some pics.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/kallen%20code%20geass/Kirshou/Code%20Geass/largeAnimePaperscans_Code-Geass_-10.jpg?o=135
http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20knights%20code%20geass/eljae_natic/cOde%20gEasS%20waLLpapErs/black_knights_COMP.gif?o=3
http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20knights%20code%20geass/NekoItsuki/Code%20Geass/codegeassR22128LG.jpg?o=11
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kallen%20kozuki/tohrununnallykallen15/confused.jpg

InsaneTrain
05-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Euphemia

PrincessDominique23
06-06-2009, 02:32 AM
YAY code geass:3
hey I was wondering if anyone knew a good sewing pattern to make C.C's straight jacket outfit?

PrincessDominique23
06-08-2009, 03:18 AM
anyone?

Niccypippy
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM
so i was thinking of making the ashford girls school uniform and was wondering what the best way to make the blazer is, i was thinking using 3 front panels and a back is this a good idea or did anybody else do it differently?

MegumiHime
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
anyone?

Please don't bump.

YouAreMyDestiny
06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I want to cosplay all forms of Lelouch. I currently only have his Ashford Academy uniform done.
I reallyyyyy wanna cosplay Zero <3

Sailor_Aly
06-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm working on Viletta Nu for a con next month lol

Nekomeishi
06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm starting to work on my Euphemia cosplay, and I'm planning on buying a premade wig. (Yeah, I'm lame I know XD) Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should order it from? There's a few on eBay, but I'm a little bit suspicious of the quality.

I did like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Code-Geass-R2-Euphemia-Dark-Pink-Wig-Cosplay-buns-Long_W0QQitemZ260424730909QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ca286091d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50) one from the eBay store Cosplayholic, though.

konataFTW
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
that one's too shiney... why not get cosplaywig's Euphie wig?

@Anime_lover2316
what's the straight jacket? the white jumpsuit?

Nekomeishi
06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
that one's too shiney... why not get cosplaywig's Euphie wig?

*goes to look it up* This one is really nice. *__*
I'm worried that the buns stick out too far, though. (But I have a big head anyway..)

Lynnisincraze
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm about to start working on this version (http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa9/Geass2/03/code290qx4.jpg) of C.C. Any suggestions or tips?

And also. The color of her hair is messing with me. Does anyone know where I can find a good C.C. wig? I was considering one like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/GODE-GEASS-C-C-90CM-Green-COSPLAY-Party-Anime-Wig_W0QQitemZ120431829460QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item1c0a4be1d4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2103%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ebayphot ohosting), but I wanted other opinions.

PrincessDominique23
06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
@nekomeishi
There is a good wig at cosplaywig on ebay. I have purchased a cc wig from them and i love it:3
sorry but i keep posting the link and it wont come up>.>

@Lynnisincraze
try cosplaywig also
They currently dont have the wig up at the moment but its the green grass wig. You can look at my profile to see the wig I bought from them, its so beautiful.
That is a pretty good wig that u have picked out!

@konataFTW
yes the white jumpsuit

WARPAINTandUnicorns
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
C.C. hair is weird but my preference for colour is cosworx Moss Green in the Ivy wig (a very full wig compare to the china sellers) and they one cosplay wigs sell in Grass Green.
http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/COSPLAY-WIG__W0QQ_armrsZ1
http://sakuraccs.bysakura.net/general.php?i=en&t=clowcards

konataFTW
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
@Nekomeishi
nah it doesn't really matter, have you seen Lakari's wig? her buns are also sticking out but the wig has great quality, perfect color and very convenient^^ 'cept it'll be one hell of a tangled wig =P

Nekomeishi
06-08-2009, 10:56 PM
@Nekomeishi
nah it doesn't really matter, have you seen Lakari's wig? her buns are also sticking out but the wig has great quality, perfect color and very convenient^^ 'cept it'll be one hell of a tangled wig =P

Her Euphemia cosplay is awesome! *__*

I think I'm going to go with the one from Cosplaywig, it is really pretty. ^__^
LOL...the way I run around at cons I'm going to have to bring a brush with me in my purse to keep it untangled. XD

ycysusan2001
06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
YAY code geass:3
hey I was wondering if anyone knew a good sewing pattern to make C.C's straight jacket outfit?

I combine a jacket's pattern and a pants patter to make mine. You can also check out those clown's costume patter for the general shape of a jumpsuit.

X-Strawberrt-X
06-12-2009, 05:15 AM
so i was thinking of making the ashford girls school uniform and was wondering what the best way to make the blazer is, i was thinking using 3 front panels and a back is this a good idea or did anybody else do it differently?

Well, what I did, was took a took a pattern for the Sizes, and cut out the peices, For the back, I cut it into 3 parts, and then had extra fabric, so, I measured and made an Extra panel to sew into the middile of the back part and sew them all together.
for the front I suggest starting it as a blazer, and doing almost what you do in the back for the panel.
lol You might wanna sew it in completely on one side though, would make it more like the animes, and more accurate.
(understand whats she's saying but understands she's confusing.)
^^; I tried to help.

Also, I'm hoping to make Suzaku's Cat suit from when they did the Cat festival to welcome Arthur to the Student council.
XD I think it will be fun since its so cute.
:3 wish me luck.

:skidude2: <------(reminds me of Suzaku when we was all "in disguise." lawl)

Soliel_Hime
06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
So I finally started working on my Kallen cosplay for AWA. In addition to her Ashford Academy uniform, I'm also making the yellow dress she wears in season 2 when she's imprisoned. I've already got my wig, I just need to style it.

GoddesSilverRos
06-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Ok looking at this thread I will like to know how to make Zeros head gear. I am going to buy his outfit but I want to make his helmnt but I am not sure were to start I was thiking on starting with the blue face sheald then bulding off of that with fiber glass. I think that will be my best bet. What do you all think ideas on how to make this?

xxmossgardenxx
06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Searched the thread...*don't have time to go through all the post* and I didn't come up with anything for C.C and her R2 Black and Maroon outfit.
I am hoping you can help me figure out a good pattern, and material to use for C.C (http://www.more-elegant.de/cosplay/_cc1.jpg) and the outfit.

Animefanaticka
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm going as Kaguya Sumeragi for Animazement 2010.

:D:skidude2:

kanancom
06-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Ufafaaa!! I have begun creating Lelouch's emperor outfit of doom-!!!

3 yards of white cotton for the robe, and I just foudn the perfect boots and spray painted them white~ NOTE ABOUT BOOTS- when spraying them make sure to put down drop cloth to protect your parents 10024900008325009 dollar stone pavement -___-; Also I need to coat them in somethign to keep the paint from cracking, the zipper got crusted with paint and when I unzipped it all the paint around it cracked!! o_o" I coated one in a white pigmented sealer so here's hoping that will work.

Just about to order some gold PVC from ebay for all the fancy ass designs that are going to have me appliquéing till the world ends n_n So I was thinking altering a pattern for a robe, like a simple japanese juban robe and making it so the lapels have a wide sweeping curve. Any other good ideas?

Tatsumase
06-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Ah, I'm going to try and do Emperor Lelouch for A-kon 21 in May of next year. c:

Misarylane
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Anyone know a good pattern for lelouch's school uni? his jacket is confusing me

Tooru18
06-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know what I should make Orange's mask out of? I have spirit gum to apply it to my face. And maaaaybe a pattern? xD

Tatsumase: You getting purple contacts? Or going over the top and looking around for geass contacts?

CataLiztic
06-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Searched the thread...*don't have time to go through all the post* and I didn't come up with anything for C.C and her R2 Black and Maroon outfit.
I am hoping you can help me figure out a good pattern, and material to use for C.C (http://www.more-elegant.de/cosplay/_cc1.jpg) and the outfit.

I have plans are on the way for this outfit. Gonna go browsing for fabric soon so I can let you know what I come up with soon.

ardhri
06-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Got ambitious today and flew through Shirley's green and white artbook dress. :) I just have to put the green trim around the jacket and on the sleeves and then it's done.

Does anyone have a clearer picture of the necklace she wears with the outfit though? It looks sorta like an X or a butterfly and I can't tell. what it actually is.

xxmossgardenxx
06-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I have plans are on the way for this outfit. Gonna go browsing for fabric soon so I can let you know what I come up with soon.

I am going tomorrow ^ ^ My gf's mom suggested Satin and I cringed XD It would be too shinny and hard to work with. Another one of my friends who is a sewing goddess suggested medium-weight suiting with a tight weave...whatever that is XD it sounds expensive. I am thinking a nice cotton that drapes well would work, but I am no fabric expert, that's for sure XD

PrincessDominique23
06-22-2009, 03:44 AM
I am going tomorrow ^ ^ My gf's mom suggested Satin and I cringed XD It would be too shinny and hard to work with. Another one of my friends who is a sewing goddess suggested medium-weight suiting with a tight weave...whatever that is XD it sounds expensive. I am thinking a nice cotton that drapes well would work, but I am no fabric expert, that's for sure XD

HIya^^
When I made my C.C r2 outfit I used a simplicity chinese dress pattern and just altered it a little, since there was only one slit in the dress, I simply added three more. Sorry but I dont know the number just go in a Jo-anns fabrics and ask for a simplicity chinese dress pattern and they can help u. Also for fabric, your gonna have to go in the store and look for the fabric u like best and see how it feels. Hope that helps:)

Aurora Maryte
06-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has tips on how to make Euphemia's white dress- the artbook version one, where she's holding the black lily, and CC has a matching black dress.....

My friend is basically making the dress for me- but she doesn't know how to make dresses, and so she's doing it in pieces...I already have the skirt.
But, when she did that for my Witch Hunter Robin costume, idk, the way the two pieces, top and skirt, fell on my stomach, I think I looked huggggeee, and the Robin thing can be easily modified, but I think that the Euphemia one has to be made perfectly, because well...it's white, everyone looks fatter in white than in black.

I just need some hard core tips and advice on how to make that dress, so I can relay it to her, and hopefully so I can help to make some of it too. It's like my ultimate dream cosplay, a dress like that, I want to feel good wearing it and know it looks amazing(like the peeps on here who have made it do). But because she has no experience with dresses, I really need advice on how to make the outfit.

Nekomeishi
06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone know a good pattern for lelouch's school uni? his jacket is confusing me

I used a See & Sew pattern - B4959. (Yay for $2 patterns!) I modified the length of it, and depending on the length of your neck you might have to modify it there too. ^__^ (For the front: I made a separate front panel and attached it to the jacket with velcro on the collar and snaps on the side. )

Hope this helps! I was utterly confused by the jacket at first too. ^^;

xxmossgardenxx
06-24-2009, 06:19 PM
For the C.C Cosplay I found the perfect pattern today. Only two slits, a slightly higher collar, and front zipper, and the details, and that is all that needs to be fixed for this pattern. It's patter 4190 by Simplicity. I also am going with a very nice jersey knit that my grandmother had a GIANT bolt of laying around her house. (She saved me so much money O_O)

I also took a look at the medium-weight suiting that my friend suggested, it was on sale for 60% off, but I decided free fabric would save me by far more money. However the medium-weight suiting would also be perfect for this outfit, just to let anyone else who may cosplay this outfit know ^ ^

I am starting this project please cheer me on!. I plan on documenting my adventure with this outfit to help other out in the future ^ ^

mero-chan
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I used a See & Sew pattern - B4959. (Yay for $2 patterns!) I modified the length of it, and depending on the length of your neck you might have to modify it there too. ^__^ (For the front: I made a separate front panel and attached it to the jacket with velcro on the collar and snaps on the side. )

Oh my gosh, that pattern looks perfect! I'm making Lelouch for a friend of mine. I was trying to pattern it myself and.. it just was not working out. Also making C.C.'s r2 outfit for myself, and Nunnally for my sister. Whee~

Khiorii
07-03-2009, 01:54 AM

Awesome Idea! :bigtu: Thanks for the help. I was just wondering what pattern to use/modify for the Ashford uniforms :)

I'm working on a Zero R2 outfit and would like any critiques or advice on how the practice version looks so far. Some adjustments will be made before cutting the actual fabric, but it shouldn't be a problem with how far the jacket is now. This is definitely the most detailed costume I've done so far, but proud of my progress. (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2109015/)

Unfortunately :bigcry: I wont be able to finish the helmet in time for AnimeVegas, which just gives me time to finish for Saboten-Con. I'll be posting up a tutorial when the helmet is actually in progress.
I'll be working on CG costumes for my kids as well: Nunnally & Suzaku in their Ashford uniforms.

ccuddles
07-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Um, imma be cosplaying Anya in her Ashford Acadamy uniform for San Japan this year (In August). I should be able to make it with no trouble but im kinda stuck on one thing.
Ya know the cell phone that shes always blogging in? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it?

Raven382
07-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Um, imma be cosplaying Anya in her Ashford Acadamy uniform for San Japan this year (In August). I should be able to make it with no trouble but im kinda stuck on one thing.
Ya know the cell phone that shes always blogging in? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it?

for mine i made a cardboard base and then covered it in sculpy.here is a picture of how it turned out.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2096681/

Mikka☆
07-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm planning to cosplay C.C.'s Empress outfit~ I dunno when, but I need to start planning.

Here's a reference: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/MEIMI/lc-kimura-tiaose-.jpg

Does anyone have advice on which fabric I should use? I was thinking probably white vinyl for the white skirt strips. But I'm not sure what to use to for the black dress.

Any ideas?

ccuddles
07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
for mine i made a cardboard base and then covered it in sculpy.here is a picture of how it turned out.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2096681/
Oh cool! Thanks I'm going to try that!

kannazuki
07-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Houkiboshi-chan: I'm planning that too, but I'm not really sure where to start xP Are you making the dress as two parts (like in the pic)? Do you have an idea of how to keep the jewels on the costume?

Mikka☆
07-07-2009, 01:32 AM
@ kannazuki- Mmmm, well I'm thinking I make juss a regular dress that has a slit in the front. Then the shoulder and waist belt that has the white skirt will be detachable. For the jewels, i'm gonna buy beads and sew them on. But if you're referring to the red jewels then I might either make them out of foam and decorate 'em or have a friend make them out of....what was it called? Plastic Resin? And then glue them on.
The only problem is trying to figure out what material & pattern to use! D: What fabric are you using? I have some ideas for the pattern, but I wanna browse around some more. xD

Alatar
07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Just about to order some gold PVC from ebay for all the fancy ass designs that are going to have me appliquéing till the world ends n_n So I was thinking altering a pattern for a robe, like a simple japanese juban robe and making it so the lapels have a wide sweeping curve. Any other good ideas?

For mine I just altered a pattern for a bath robe. I removed the sleeves from the pattern, adjusted it to be form-fitting, and changed the collar to match the proportions on the references. It might be simpler and cheaper than getting a pattern for a japanese robe.

kannazuki
07-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Houkiboshi-chan: I have no idea for the pattern either. Because it starts as a form-fitting dress, then becomes an almost ballgown-esque dress. Would the red jewels hold with glue? I would hate for them to fall off >.< As for the fabric, I'm still looking. Are you using the blue/green color in your reference picture? Or the black version from the official art?

Alatar
07-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Would the red jewels hold with glue? I would hate for them to fall off >.<

Yeah they will. Get a glue called E6000. They sell it at places like JoAnne's, Hobby Lobby, etc. Even when it dries it will be rubbery and bend without cracking, which makes it really useful for this sort of thing. I've never seen how well it adheres to storebought gems, but I used it for all my resin cast gems and so far it has worked perfectly.

Mikka☆
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
@ kannazuki- I looked up some cosplayers on cure and some did her outfit like a form fitting dress that has a slit up the middle. So I don't think it's supposed to be full like a gown. Oh, if ur talking about the big red eye jewels on the outfit, it'd be best if you glue gun them. That always works~ ^^ Or if you're gonna do it in foam or something, you could always use foam glue or watever works best with the material u are gonna use.
As for the fabric....I think I'm going to get a REAL dark emerald green. It'll look black in the shade but a dark green in the light. ^^

kannazuki
07-08-2009, 07:54 PM
@Alatar: Oh, thanks! I'll look for that on my next trip to the fabric store.

@Houkiboshi-chan: Oh, now that I looked closely at the official sketches, it was the white strips that billowed out and made it look like the dress was a ballgown ^^; No wonder why others did it that way! I think I'll go with black, but I'd like to see how your dark green ver. turns out! Do you have any ideas for a pattern?

Mikka☆
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
@ kannazuki- Oh there are sketches? Do you have a link? =OO! Yeah, I was thinking of black.....but I think a daaarrkk green will probably fit. xD
Uhhmmmmm.....not at the moment. I'm still searching, I'll post some if I find any. But I was thinking like...a strapless prom dress and altering that. ^^

kannazuki
07-08-2009, 09:33 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Yes! I saw the CLAMP version, and when I looked up the book the pic was in, I got some sketch pics from that book. They're probably not the best pics, but I think they help a bit ^-^

http://auctions.crosswithyou.net/img/code_geass/book_mutuality6.jpg

Mikka☆
07-09-2009, 03:02 AM
@ kannazuki- *clicks on link* WHOOOAHHHHH. OK. Dress is now officially confusing....@_@ Looks like I'll have to improvise. DAMN. Thanks for the link! :3 This is REALLY gonna help. xD Whoah ok, I'm confused on the bodice part....It's like....2 colors?! mmm, imma color the design on photoshop and figure something out. xD

Crystalike
07-09-2009, 03:58 AM
you need color reference for the dress? I have it. I have a ton of reference and scans for the whole show and characters. http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd2/Crystalike/?action=view&current=MinitokyoCodeGeass-LelouchoftheRebe.jpg

Angathol
07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/150182/

Finished Mutuality-cover Lelouch with my friend as Suzaku in time for Anime North. I wish I hadn't had to rush so much, but I'm glad I got it done. ^_^

kannazuki
07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: No prob! Luckily, there's a lot of time to work on the costume (I'm assuming you'll be wearing it to AX next year? I want to have mine finished for Fanime so I have a little less time, but if I'm able to go to AX I'll be wearing it there~ ^-^ ).

@Crystalike: That's the version I'm going off of. I really want to find a wig that shade of green. It's so pretty!

@Angathol: I love the details~~ >.< Especially on your cape and Suzaku's coat~ You did a great job!

Mikka☆
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
@ kannazuki- I'm trying to finish it by ALA this year actually. xD I'll have to probably make her Flight suit too! *dies* xDDD But I'm planning on going to Fanime too! I dunno which one I'll be wearing though. xD But i wanna wear it for AX too. Since it's SUCH an extensive and pretty outfit! xD w00! If you go to AX, we can both take pics 2gether and rock our outfits! w00! =D
But yeah, luckily there's A LOOOT of time! xD

@Angathol- OMG! U and ur Suzaku did an AWESOME job on those outfits! xD

kannazuki
07-10-2009, 01:45 AM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Wow, isnt that in January...? o___o Yeah, if we're gonna put a ton of effort to make that costume as awesome as possible, it's worth wearing more than a few times! Next year, I definitely want to make it to AX! It looked like so much fun~ T^T We'd make an awesome pair! (The REAL ruling forces of Brittania! ^w^ )

The dress IS two parts, isn't it? I wonder how that works... I have the feeling that the white strips are gonna cause me grief Dx

Mikka☆
07-10-2009, 02:12 AM
@ kannazuki- Yeah. xD I wanna start working on it soon. xD I would start now, but I don't wanna get too excited now. xD OMG. SERIOUSLY. That outfit will worn NUMEROUS of times. xD Especially since I'll be working my BUTT off for it. xD YEA! =D We'll need our Emperor (or Pope! LOL!) Lulu's! xD Hopefully a there'll be some Suzakus too! =D

UGH. Yeah. I'm gonna make the arm belt thing and the waist belt/skirt detachable. What's reeallly stressing me out is how I'm gonna make the dress. It's like two different colors. xD Oh Clamp, why must you have such pretty but extensive designs?!

kannazuki
07-10-2009, 12:05 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: I wanna get started soon, too, but it's one of those costumes that you have to plan and look at very carefully, to make sure you don't overlook something BIG. My group is actually planning to go as the empire gang xD I hope they have theirs done in time, though o___o

I wish there was more art for it, like front and back view in color. Hmmm what do you think about a semi-stretchy fabric for the dress/arm warmers?? I'm not a fabric expert, but I don't really like the idea of using a stiff fabric for this kind of dress. The thing that wraps around the arms is actually attached to the dress, I think.

Mikka☆
07-10-2009, 01:29 PM
@ kannazuki- OMG! I can't wait! This'll be my first like EXTENSIVE outfit. xD o0o0o! Can't wait to see your group! I know a few people who do Emperor Lulu, so hopefully they'll do it with me! OH! and I heard that there'll be a KOZ Suzaku next year! :3
SERSIOUSLY! I'm still kinda peeved that they didn't put her outfit in the anime. D: What imma do is make that little section on the front black. And probably the sleeves? Then the rest black. Ahh, I know what kind of material I want to use for the sleeves, but I'm not the fabric expert either! D: Mmmm, if I had to describe it, it would be like...comfortable like cotton, but stretched enough and wasn't sheer. I'm planning to go to library and look up the different fabrics. xD So i'll let you know what I find. xD Wait and which thing? U mean the armwarmers? or the belt thing? xD

kannazuki
07-11-2009, 09:03 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Same for me x__x Ohhh the empire is sure to be big next year!! I predict beautiful photos~~! ^-^ I know what you mean! Although they'd probably tweak her design, like they did with Lulu. I mean, he can't rule Brittania with a huge hat on (one of the artbook pics)!! But, yeah, they should've animated that version of C.C. >.< I have suiting fabric that would be perfect for the arm warmers...if it wasn't white. The belt-ish thing that goes around the arms. Was that the part you were going to make detachable? I might just connect it to the dress. I'm still thinking of a way to attach the white belt to the dress. Since it only appears to be joined at a small part... T^T

Mikka☆
07-11-2009, 09:15 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Same for me x__x Ohhh the empire is sure to be big next year!! I predict beautiful photos~~! ^-^ I know what you mean! Although they'd probably tweak her design, like they did with Lulu. I mean, he can't rule Brittania with a huge hat on (one of the artbook pics)!! But, yeah, they should've animated that version of C.C. >.< I have suiting fabric that would be perfect for the arm warmers...if it wasn't white. The belt-ish thing that goes around the arms. Was that the part you were going to make detachable? I might just connect it to the dress. I'm still thinking of a way to attach the white belt to the dress. Since it only appears to be joined at a small part... T^T

YEA! =D Empire team FTW! :3 OH! And I saw that! xD One cosplayer did him with the huge hat and I was all like, "that's sooommmee big hat! xD" Ahhh, I heard they were on a budget....sooo...PFFFT. I don't believe it. xD awwww. D: Ok, sooo I'm probably going to make the belts and strips out of vinyl~ You're gonna attach them? Mmmm, isn't it connected by the gold lining on the dress? How r u gonna do that? =O!
OH! I was looking at it more and I was thinking with the belts, I'm going to put maybe 1-2 hook and eyes in the front and probably one in the back? If you get what I mean. xD

kannazuki
07-11-2009, 09:45 PM
YES! I think I saw one, too. Also don't believe the "budget" thing either *fume fume* I want to attached them, so it would be one less thing to cause me problems (like the dress+strips fan out on the floor, and I want to be accurate, but it might lead to the costume getting dirty/stepped on Dx ). It looks like its connected at where lining meets at a point (the stomach area). And since there's going to be a lot of fabric for the strips, it might weigh down too much to hold it simply with the lining. Although the hooks and eyes could work. Arghh! This is gonna be hard, but totally worth it!

Mikka☆
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
YES! I think I saw one, too. Also don't believe the "budget" thing either *fume fume* I want to attached them, so it would be one less thing to cause me problems (like the dress+strips fan out on the floor, and I want to be accurate, but it might lead to the costume getting dirty/stepped on Dx ). It looks like its connected at where lining meets at a point (the stomach area). And since there's going to be a lot of fabric for the strips, it might weigh down too much to hold it simply with the lining. Although the hooks and eyes could work. Arghh! This is gonna be hard, but totally worth it!

AGH! Dark Sunrise. xD With the strips I'm going to make it a few inches off the floor juss so that people won't step on them. Ahhh, I dunno how many strips I'm going to put. I'm thinking about 9-10.
Seriously! But we have a year! xD

Misarylane
07-12-2009, 06:21 PM

T_T OMG I LOVE YOU. Thank you so much

Yo-Yo
07-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Hay everybody. :3

I'm an up and coming fan of Code Geass, and though it's kinda cool, I haven't fallen in love with anybody except for Mao! <3 XD I'm planning his first outfit, before he gets the ghetto backwards cap and bandages, and I'm super excited to play yet another crazy character.

I've already made his glasses from plexiglass. They're like a visor around my face, I'll get a picture soon, and they push my ears up a bit, but I'm sure the headphones'll cover that. I went to Home Depot for window tinting to make 'em purple, though, and they didn't have it. D': Would an auto parts shop work for that? Also, the edge presses down on my nose and hurts. I don't have the monies for a blowtorch just yet, so I wanna know how to fix that, too.

I was also planning on keeping the headphones on [gravity doesn't like them drooping back and also staying on my ears] by attaching them with velcro to the back of my shades.
Halp? ;o;

Nekomeishi
07-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Squee~
I finished Euphemia last week! The only real issues I had wearing it was the fact that I couldn't get comfortable red shoes in time, and that my wig kept spazzing on me. (The buns kept falling off! XD) But I do really like Cosplay Wig's Euphemia wig. Thanks for suggesting it guys! ^__^
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/222172/

Crystalike
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Okay, CHEESE KUN TUTORIAL IS UP HERE: http://crystallike.deviantart.com/art/Cheese-kun-tutorial-Part-1-129400609 there's 5 parts. that's part 1. To look at the rest of them press the "back" button . =P Enjoy.

Mikka☆
07-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Okay, CHEESE KUN TUTORIAL IS UP HERE: http://crystallike.deviantart.com/art/Cheese-kun-tutorial-Part-1-129400609 there's 5 parts. that's part 1. To look at the rest of them press the "back" button . =P Enjoy.

OMG! YAY! A tutorial! Thanks! =DDD

Crystalike
07-14-2009, 01:26 AM
OMG! YAY! A tutorial! Thanks! =DDD

no problem. It took me a while to do it, but I sat down today and finally did it. I hope it makes sense....^^; If you have questions just ask here. Btw, I lol at how both of us have Star Date Sheryl as our icons. <3

Mikka☆
07-14-2009, 01:32 AM
no problem. It took me a while to do it, but I sat down today and finally did it. I hope it makes sense....^^; If you have questions just ask here. Btw, I lol at how both of us have Star Date Sheryl as our icons. <3

I juss finished reading it! It's actually really helpful! Now I think imma go buy material for him soon! xD *ishpumped* :3
LOL! Yes~~ Sheryl Luff~~ <33 =D

kannazuki
07-14-2009, 06:59 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: My sis got me the artbook for my birthday!! I can totally see the details up close now! And there are a few details like with the boots and stuff that help a lot. Do you want me to scan them and post links? As for the strips, I might go with nine, because that's how many it looks like in the sketch.

@Crystalike: Yaaay!!! Now I can have a Cheese-kun as awesome as yours~~!! ^-^ Thanks a bunch for the tutorial!!

Mikka☆
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
@ kannazuki- AHHH! LUCKY! =OOO!! Yes please, if you don't mind! I would SOOO appreciate it! =D And there's 9? =OOO!

kannazuki
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Here they are! (hope they help)

http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/kanna-zuki/misc/?action=view&current=cc.jpg
http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/kanna-zuki/misc/?action=view&current=cc2.jpg

From how it looks, she seems to be wearing a bodysuit, since one of the pics shows everything connected. (i'm bad at explaining, but maybe you understand?) I think I'll do that; it might look better with the thigh-high boots, too ^^;

Mikka☆
07-15-2009, 11:41 PM
@ kannazuki- OH WHA!? It looks like it is one...but...question is how wil the skirt connect? *shrugs* well i won't be showing the whoolle of the dress! what I'm going to do is make white boot covers (since the top looks pointy) and maybe sew it on top of nude stockings that has gold lining in the middle that'll go all the way up. I mean the skirt will be covering it anyways. I call it a way of making the detail w/out full stressing out over it. xD
And I was looking over the the art and some cosplayers, and I think I'll make it out of full black.
Now for the patterns. D: Have any ideas?

Angathol
07-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Squee~
I finished Euphemia last week! The only real issues I had wearing it was the fact that I couldn't get comfortable red shoes in time, and that my wig kept spazzing on me. (The buns kept falling off! XD) But I do really like Cosplay Wig's Euphemia wig. Thanks for suggesting it guys! ^__^
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/222172/

You and your Suzaku are so adorable! Great photos. ^^

kannazuki
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Making boot covers? Is it hard to do? I've never attempted it; I might just buy the boots >.<;; As for patterns, I guess most dress patterns will do? I don't think it'll be hard to pick one, since C.C.'s looks like a regular dress, with some not-so-regular add-ons xP

sweet_magic
07-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Hey everyone!

I need a bit of help. I'm not sure how to go about making the top part of Cornelia's cape stand up...

http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/characters/images/cornelia_COMP.gif

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Raven382
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone!

I need a bit of help. I'm not sure how to go about making the top part of Cornelia's cape stand up...

http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/characters/images/cornelia_COMP.gif

Any suggestions? Thanks!

you could use interfacing or wire to hold it up.

Mikka☆
07-17-2009, 01:43 PM
@ kannazuki- Well I haven't made them before, but since the boots look very pointed from the top, I think it'll be easier. But if feel more comfortable with boots, then you can use that too! ^^ Mmmm, I guess. I guess I better start hunting. w00! xD

@ sweet_magic- I second what Warumono suggested. ^^

Kanaki-chan
07-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to cosplay Villetta but in her swimsuit outfit. I AM going to change her thong to a LESS revealing piece of clothing, based on cosplay policy since it is a swim suit, should, I wear pantyhose so I don't show too much?

kannazuki
07-19-2009, 12:30 AM
@Houkiboshi-chan: I think I'll buy boots. I kinda have an idea of what fabric I want to use for the dress (will have to go to Joann's soon!). I'm still hunting for a wig the same color of the artbook o__o I don't think they make that kind of green...

Mikka☆
07-19-2009, 01:45 AM
@ kannazuki- lol ok! =D o0o0o0o!! wat kind of fabric? I'm thinking of going down to the fashion district. A friend of mine is doin KOZ Suzu, so I think that CC's and Suzu's outfits could me made of the same material. xD What color green r u looking for? I thought she juss had the same color green. xD

@ Kanaki-chan- oh whoah! props for you! I can never have the confidence to wear a swimsuit like Villeta's! >.< Yes, I think you should wear pantyhose, since you say that the con has strict rules. Pantyhose is a good way to show skin, without fully showing skin. xD

kannazuki
07-19-2009, 02:39 AM
@Houkiboshi-chan: I might go with something semi-stretchy. When I visit the fabric store, I'll let you know if I find something good! ^-^ I'm looking for a jade/grassy green. I looked online but I found them kinda light. I want something a darker shade. But no such luck :/

Crystalike
07-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to cosplay Villetta but in her swimsuit outfit. I AM going to change her thong to a LESS revealing piece of clothing, based on cosplay policy since it is a swim suit, should, I wear pantyhose so I don't show too much?

@Kanaki-chan: It's a swimsuit, yes, but either way, you're still going to show a lot of skin even with pantyhose. I would highly not suggest pantyhose because it's very awkward to see the top of the pantyose around your stomach...=/ I also haven't seen anyone walk around a con in a swimsuit like a bikini but I believe you would be kindly asked by con ops to cover up. Viletta's swimsuit is definitely NOT child-friendly, which most cons are and strive to be. If you're really that worried about your costume, I suggest you email the person in charge of con ops at the convention you plan to cosplay Viletta to and ask them about their policy on swimsuits. But for a photoshoot near a pool, you could probably be fine around the pool area in the swimsuit.

Tooru18
07-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have the concept art for Jeremiah Gottwald and Clovis?

Illa Scriptor
07-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Okay, first of all, does anyone have any recommendations for a base wig for Euphemia? The only Euphemia wig that I've seen that was really truly accurate was styled out of a Cyperous wig. >.<

Also, Ashford Academy boys- where did you get your uniform pattern?

Mikka☆
07-20-2009, 01:45 AM
@ kannazuki- yea! semi-stretchy sounds good! but yea thanks, if you could! :3 And I'll do the same! :D I'm still debating on dark green and black! So hard! Dx But usually some good satin could work~ But the problem is that it doesn't stretch much and it could be UBER shiny. D:

@ Illa Scriptor- Ebay is like golden.

If you are looking for a base wig:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wavy-40-DARK-PINK-Long-Bangs-Curly-wig-cosplay-New_W0QQitemZ310156017285QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA _MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item4836bd3e85&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30

If you're looking for a complete wig w/ buns:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CODE-GEASS-Cosplay-Wavy-DARK-PINK-Long-Curly-wig-buns_W0QQitemZ400062788470QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CS A_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item5d2599b376&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30

Both are good choices~ But I recommend the complete wig~ :D

Shichosama
07-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Does anyone have the concept art for Jeremiah Gottwald and Clovis?

I do, I have literally, every single Code Geass artbook in my library. If you don't find them by tomorrow, I'll scan them for you in the morning :)

Tooru18
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM
You do? Please help me!

Illa Scriptor
07-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks, Houkiboshi-chan! When I checked cosplaywig before, they hadn't had the Euphie wig. I snatched it up today!

Ahh, I'm so excited about this cosplay now~ I can't believe I'm actually doing it.

Mikka☆
07-22-2009, 02:00 AM
@ Ila Scriptor- Np~~ =D Good luck with your Euphie cosplay! =D I'm sure u'll be an epic Euphemia!

PrincessDominique23
07-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh Cool, I now want to do C.C's empress dress for anime expo next year. hhmm I really like the way it looks in dark purple:)
Looks very royal lol I' am thinking about using a prom dress pattern and just put a slit in the front
pic:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/PrincessDominique23/bd.jpg

kannazuki
07-23-2009, 02:23 AM
@Anime_lover2316: That pic looks really pretty! Dark purple looks good, too. Her dress looks nice in most royal colors, I'm thinking ^-^

@Houkiboshi-chan: Satin might be too shiny... I still haven't been able to go to the fabric store, but I'm taking a look at patterns online. I don't think I'll be starting this summer T^T

PrincessDominique23
07-23-2009, 03:02 AM
@kannazuki: yea your right^^
When I was at a fabric store I found the most perfect fabric to use for the dress but I forgot what the material was. I really need to go back. Oh and I have been looking at some simplicity patterns online and I think simplicity pattern 2639, 2959 or 3784 could work ^^

kannazuki
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
@Anime_lover2316: Ooh what type of fabric was it? Of the three patterns, I think 2639 could work ^-^ It looks closer to the dress than the other two, which means less modifying. What color do you think you'll make the dress?

Xila
07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Hehehe, I'm going as Arthur the cat...!

Weird right? It's really all I can do at this point. I don't have alot of money nor time, and other people in my group are going (Nunally, Spinzaku, Lulu, Rivaz, and Villetta) so I wanted to do Geass too... and now I am... As a cat. XD I should be reconizable, though, If Im walking around with a geass group, (Occationally biting at our Spinzaku, and possibly others) and the face paint, with black around one eye, black on the tail, and the black dot on my forhead... thats all the reconizable markings Arthur has, right?

Mikka☆
07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
@ Anime_lover2316- OMG! U shooullld! =D More CC Empresses! :3 'Cause there's bound to be a lot of Emperor Lulu's! :D Dark purple? 0o0o! That's new!
HOMFG! And thanks for the pattern and picture references! =D What I'm thinking of doin is probably a slimming wedding dress pattern and altering the skirt.

@ kannazuki- I think there are different types of satin. I'm not so sure. But, me and friend who's doin KOZ Suzu are gonna juss go fabric shopping since the Empire gang looks like they have outfits all made out of the same type of material.
UGH. Me either. D: I think imma start this fall. Dx I'm cutting down on cosplays for this crazy but lovely outfit! xD

Illa Scriptor
07-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Okays, I've started looking for fabrics for my Euphie dress (the one with all the crazy scallops), and I ask- what fabric do you all recommend? I've heard duchess satin or microfibre would work well?

PrincessDominique23
07-23-2009, 11:17 PM
@kannazuki: hhmm maybe satin since there are different kinds. One of my friends told me to use polyester and put satin on top of it to give it a nice solid yet shiny color to it:)

@Houkiboshi-chan: your welcome I have 2 others reference pics if you'd like?
Yes dark purple is so pretty >w< The first dress I saw of empress C.C was the black one, then the aqua one, but I fell in love with the purple.
Take a look at this video, they have 2 Empress C.C's one in aqua and one in purple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDJchD0EeLE

Oh and here are the other pics:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/PrincessDominique23/l_6fbf3e9ae4614896b2024880435f9e88.jpg

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss38/LegendsLegacy14/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzmain.jpg

there is a black one but I cant find it

Thats a cosplayer
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/the_gml/Cosfest%20VIII/DSC05637.jpg

So what color do you guys think you will use for your Empress dress?

kannazuki
07-23-2009, 11:57 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Ohh. I might go fabric shopping when summer ends. Hopefully! I definitely want to get this finished by the cons next year. But I don't know If I can cut down on cosplays, even if I try hard Dx Just too many I want to do! Thankfully, some are fairly easy...

@Anime_lover2316: Wow so many different versions o___o I think I'll go with black. Purple is pretty, but only if it's really dark. Either way, it won't be noticeably colorful.

@Xila: I guess as long as you have a Suzaku, and Arthur's trademark features, you should be fine. Maybe wearing clothes that fit with his fur scheme also?

PrincessDominique23
07-24-2009, 12:33 AM
@kannazuki: *sigh I feel your pain! I have so many I want to do 2! But I want to start this dress early since I have exactly one year until Anime Expo to do this:) But hey, you can always start early and this dress looks like it will take alot of time. And cool your going with black:), I will do the royal dark purple one ^^ What con will u wear your dress 2?

Mikka☆
07-24-2009, 12:41 AM
@Anime_lover2316- whoah....my comment got cut. but ANYWAYZ,
AHH! My friend filmed that! xDD He and a friend even did that at Anime Expo! LOL! But yeah, I've seen the aqua, green-ish and black ones.
I'll most likely stick with black or a black-ish green to be safe. 'Cause most of the CLAMP artwork is black. xD
AH! And cosplayers who do the Empire gang make me SOOO motivated! AH!

@ kannazuki- LOL! Yes, everyone must have a sort of "monster" cosplay list! *dies* Yes, but definitely by next year! We can do it!! *high fives*

@ Illa Scriptor- Mmmm, which one is that dress again? But usually with Euphie dresses, a lot of people tend to use satin, dunno which kind though. xD

PrincessDominique23
07-24-2009, 01:23 AM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Really? Sweet lol We need more Empress C.C's in the world wahahahah xD
Do you know if you will be at anime expo next year?
I'am trying to go^^

konataFTW
07-24-2009, 01:29 AM
meeeeeh you guys do your empress outfits and come to Fanime next year to our gathering =P

lolz jk jk... I'm close to doing nuthing to Nunnally... although I like restyling the wig over and over and over... and over just about a few minutes ago XD

I didn't get ANY solo pics of the dress u_u but hopefully I'll get some sooon at the photoshoot on the 25th :D

(...still no wheelchair/Damocles key pffft lol)

Mikka☆
07-24-2009, 01:58 AM
@ Anime_lover2316- We seriously doo! xDDD I'm juss sad they never debuted it in the anime! They probably would have made her outfit less extreme like what they did with Suzu's and Lulu's outfits. Oh yea! I go every year! It's like my main big con~ =D

@ konataFTW- OH! I'll be going next year~ =DDD I'll be bringing my friends who do Kallen, Anya, Suzaku and Tianzi~~ =D We really wanna do Code for Fanime~ So hopefully we can finish by then! >.<
Ahh~! I wanna see ur Nunally~ There are barely any! D: Yay! Nunally can walk! xDDD It's a miracle!

PrincessDominique23
07-24-2009, 03:27 AM
@KonataFTW: When is Fanime? I don't live in California but I visit so Just tell me the date and I'll see if I can go ^^

@Houkiboshi-chan: Yea they really should have put her dress in the series:D
Cool, how was Anime Expo this year?
We should do a code geass photoshoot together at AX 2010 ^^

Xila
07-24-2009, 12:06 PM
@Houkiboshi-chan: Ohh. I might go fabric shopping when summer ends. Hopefully! I definitely want to get this finished by the cons next year. But I don't know If I can cut down on cosplays, even if I try hard Dx Just too many I want to do! Thankfully, some are fairly easy...

@Anime_lover2316: Wow so many different versions o___o I think I'll go with black. Purple is pretty, but only if it's really dark. Either way, it won't be noticeably colorful.

@Xila: I guess as long as you have a Suzaku, and Arthur's trademark features, you should be fine. Maybe wearing clothes that fit with his fur scheme also?

I'm so tempted to go find a Zero Mask, to run around in because we also have a lulu too, but that would defeat the entire purpose of being Arthur- MONEY PROBLEMS, lol. Maybe of If I find a Zero at the con, I can borrow his mask while I take pictures with him or whatever. I think it'd be hilarious XD

What exactly is his fur scheme?I can never find a picture of his back, where I believe he has a patch of lighter fur, right...?

Mikka☆
07-24-2009, 02:44 PM
@ Anime_lover2316- It was...mmm...ok. xD Like I thought that some gatherings were better than last year..but....I dunno. The atmosphere for me was weird this year. I think it was 'cause they were on a budget this year. But yea! Sounds like fun! ^^ Do you have an Emperor Lulu and KOZ Suzu? =D

konataFTW
07-24-2009, 05:10 PM
MEEEEEH (lol my casual goat entrance)

Fanime is usually the memorial day weekend pfft and they change the dates sometimes o_O(I even heard that it used to be just a 3-day con~!)

soeunkyo
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm planning my Lelouch Clamp version outfit and wanna debut it next year for AX 2010 I never been to Anime EXPO but I heard its the biggest of all and 2x bigger then Otakon where I usually go to.. BUt I also love Otakon still planning on going to both!http://static.minitokyo.net/view/18/45/364768.jpg thats the link what u guys think?

PrincessDominique23
07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
@Xila: You should so do that:D It is fun^^

@Houkiboshi-chan: cool. *sigh no >.< I wish I had a emperor lulu and KOZ Suzaku *tear but idk I may have to force my cousin to be them, like REALLY force her xD but we shall see!

@soeunkyo: that is an awesome cosplay if you do that one! Next year will be my first time at Anime Expo 2 ^^ I hope there will be a photoshoot=3

@KonataFTW: hhmm I dont think I can make it to Fananime xD

Mikka☆
07-25-2009, 02:57 AM
@ soeunkyo- That's a beautfiul outfit! *A* I love Clamps outfits! I say go for it! :DD And you should go to AX~ It's really fun~ :D

@Anime_lover2316- aawww! D: Well, hopefully u can get a group~~ ^^

konataFTW
07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
ohhh gawd I just came from a shoot and now I'm tired lol... but the good news is, got some cool Nunna pics~! also reennacted the scene when she fell off her wheechair and was on the stairs~! (it took awhile because my bangs kept on falling and covering my eyes... and it was painful yet a comfortable position laying on the platform stairs XD)

hopefully I'll get them soon~!!!

Mikka☆
07-26-2009, 01:58 AM
@ konataFTW- o0o0o! can't wait to see those pics! =DD

masteryuki
07-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Planing on doing lelouch,school uniform. :3

Findabarr
07-26-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm planning to make a lelouch sometime in hte near future(as soon as I get a new sewing machine. My sewing machine is in a better place now).

Paper~Pandas
07-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi there~ o3o

I was wondering if maybe anyone can help me with looking for some good reference pictures. I want to cosplay Euphemia's rose dress, and though I have had some success with just pausing the anime and working off of that, I would feel much better (and safer ^^ ;; ) if I had some good reference pictures. So, can anyone help me?

Thanks so much~<3
Panda

Raven382
07-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi there~ o3o

I was wondering if maybe anyone can help me with looking for some good reference pictures. I want to cosplay Euphemia's rose dress, and though I have had some success with just pausing the anime and working off of that, I would feel much better (and safer ^^ ;; ) if I had some good reference pictures. So, can anyone help me?

Thanks so much~<3
Panda
Here are some reference pic's I found.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/euphemia/hotangel159/Euphemia/EuphemiaLiBritannia01.jpg?o=37
http://media.photobucket.com/image/euphemia/EveElle/euphemia_ballgown.jpg?o=86
http://media.photobucket.com/image/euphemia/ChibiMisaAmane/anime/code%20geass/euphemia.jpg?o=95
http://media.photobucket.com/image/euphemia/CodeGeassFan_21/Euphemia%20Li%20Britannia/y7.gif?o=123

kannazuki
07-26-2009, 06:21 PM
@Anime_lover2316: Yeah, I'm sure it will take a while xP I've gotta get started quick, so I can make my other costumes! I think I'll have to start after Halloween, since my friend and I have planned to cosplay together xD Ooh I can't wait to see how your purple version will turn out~ I'll be wearing mine to Fanime and AX ^-^

@Houkiboshi-chan: We can!! Ooh, when I went fabric shopping for my Cheese-kun, I found really nice fabric for C.C.!! I was just going looking around (I didn't have a lot of time to spend), so I didn't get what the name was, but I'm definitely getting it when I go back!

LeeGeumjassi
07-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Hello fellow Code Geass cosplayers~ ^_^
I'm planning a C.C. costume, and I'd heard that most people use gold pleather for the gold designs on their costumes. I was just wondering where you get it? I found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-pleather-metallic-stretch-56-wide-BTY_W0QQitemZ270341021252QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fab ric?hash=item3ef1949e44&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1| 294%3A50

Is this the right kind to use? Any help would be appreciated. ^_^

Mikka☆
07-26-2009, 09:13 PM
@ kannazuki- YAY~ Cheese-kun! :3 I made one myself juss a week ago~ :3 He's sooo much fun to make! =D But o0o0o! Could you lemme know when you go back? =D I'll probably go to the FD this tuesday and see if they have anything there and I'll tell you what I find. xD

Xila
07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
I feel really stupid for asking this, but does someone have a picture of Arthur (The Cat) That I can use for refrence? This computer is entirely too slow for me to be looking around for a good refrence picture. I'll be your best friend...! >.<

Tooru18
07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/code%20geass%20arthur/Sherrie_Omnicat/Misc/CodeGeass-Arthur-1.png?o=6

http://media.photobucket.com/image/code%20geass%20arthur/Mormegil84/Code%20Geass%20icons/R2%20icons/Episode%205/Arthurepisode5r2a.jpg?o=14

http://media.photobucket.com/image/code%20geass%20arthur/jessa50mendoza/code%20geass/suzaku2.jpg?o=4

They arenot the best, but some Arthur refs for you.

Xila
07-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks. And yes. I totally wish my girlfriend was hot like apple boy there.

Circe.
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I want to cosplay as Ohgi... but I'm at a standstill. I need some black knight jacket advice and wig advice.

Illa Scriptor
07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Okay, so my bf really wants to do Suzaku's Knight of Euphemia costume instead of the school uniform...

Ref (on the right): http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1866320module8377962photo_Suzaku.jpg1203 702727

Gold pleather for the lines, sure. Black stretch material for the turtleneck, okay. But what on earth do I use for the white part? D: Vinyl seems like a good choice, but... ugh. Vinyl.

kannazuki
07-28-2009, 12:21 AM
@Houkiboshi-chan: *barely started Cheese o__o* Handsewing + procrastinator = sad and deflated Cheese-kun. The fabric is so sooft! ^-^ Yay okay! Hopefully I'll go early August. I really need to decide on a pattern so I can see how much I'll need >___<

Mikka☆
07-28-2009, 02:33 AM
@ kannazuki- YAY~ Go go go~~ :3 Cheese-kun~ :D I gotta re-stuff mine...xD But it's fun once ur done~ :3 Lol, u have a lot of time~ ^^

Tooru18
07-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks. And yes. I totally wish my girlfriend was hot like apple boy there.
If you need anymore I can dig them up I think... <____< It's great that you are cosplaying said kitty. xD

I wish I was as hot as Apple boy too. xD

Niccypippy
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
ok so right now im v tired so forgive me for asking a question which has most likely been answered 50 times already ^-^
so here is my inquiry first does any body have any decent ref pics of euphemia's dress as this is the best i can get -http://img1.livegen.fr/00/00/12/09/0000120970.jpg
my second question is what pattern would be the best to use for the dress part as i can make the half jumper thing my self

many thax

Raven382
07-28-2009, 06:48 PM
ok so right now im v tired so forgive me for asking a question which has most likely been answered 50 times already ^-^
so here is my inquiry first does any body have any decent ref pics of euphemia's dress as this is the best i can get -http://img1.livegen.fr/00/00/12/09/0000120970.jpg
my second question is what pattern would be the best to use for the dress part as i can make the half jumper thing my self

many thax
Here you go.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...nia01.jpg?o=37
http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...lgown.jpg?o=86
http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...hemia.jpg?o=95
http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...a/y7.gif?o=123

Circe.
07-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I was wondering what would be the best fabric type choice when making the Black Knight's uniform. I've seen moleskin being used before, but what are some other good alternatives?

UsagiNoSenshi
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
I used a target bottom weight for mine, and a twill would also work nicely.

ametheneko
07-29-2009, 12:09 AM
My friends and I are doing an eleven person, dual outfit Code Geass Cosplay. I, personally, am Kallen, and I have to say the absolute hardest part of this (as I'm helping with everyone's costumes) has to be our Zero's helmet. Impossible.

Niccypippy
07-29-2009, 03:36 PM
would this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PW176-Long-Baby-Pink-Costume-Cosplay-Wig-Free-Ship-New_W0QQitemZ130320406424QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA _MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item1e57b39798&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262 be gd for a euphie wig?

UsagiNoSenshi
07-29-2009, 04:13 PM
I have that wig in purple. It's nice but it's a tad on the thin side, so you wouldn't have any extra hair to make her buns with.

GoddessOfDarkne
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I do! I havent really posted a lot of pictures but if you look at my deviantart, I have plenty!

so lyke raaawr
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Okay, so my bf really wants to do Suzaku's Knight of Euphemia costume instead of the school uniform...

Ref (on the right): http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1866320module8377962photo_Suzaku.jpg1203 702727

Gold pleather for the lines, sure. Black stretch material for the turtleneck, okay. But what on earth do I use for the white part? D: Vinyl seems like a good choice, but... ugh. Vinyl.

Vinyl seems good. Though I know a lot of DGM cosplayers have used a type of heavy satin insted of pleather/vinyl because it gives off the same shinies. I've never tried this myself so I cant say for sure. >.<

oslapedo
07-31-2009, 02:23 AM
At the Kumoricon masquerade I'll be doing Kallen in her sound episode dress. I'll be with a Euphie and a Cornelia too. I finished the mask a few days ago (you can kind of see it in my avatar) and I was wondering, should I make little bat wings for it? Our Euphie was thinking about doing angel wings and since Kallen's been drawn with bat wings before I thought it might be appropriate but I'm not sure~

So longwinded :geek:

Crystalike
08-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm planning to do the ending version of C.C. http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd2/Crystalike/?action=view&current=2051436.jpg pretty soon for the Norcal cosplay gathering along with this casual artbook version http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd2/Crystalike/?action=view&current=n696946562_1059470_4037.jpg so watch out for pictures! ^^

Secret92
08-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm planning to cosplay as CC in her restraint suit for A-Kon 21 next year, but I was wondering if anyone had tips on what kind of fabric to use for it? My biggest concerns are quality and cost. I want it to look good, but I don't want to blow all of my money on just the fabric.

Also, I'm helping my friend make a Zero costume, and was wondering: For his cape, would satin be a good fabric? I have a satin cape of my own, and it gets hot fast. Since we live in Texas, that can be trouble. Is there a more breathable alternative?

Crystalike
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
SATIN IS A BIG NO NO. Especially if you intend to use the cheap quality costume satin. really, it just looks like crap and wrinkles and is WAYYYYY too shiny for Zero's cape. Use something more sturdy and durable like twill or even a heavy weight prom fabric, if you still want some sheen.

As for C.C.'s bodysuit, try a white twill, I always imagined that her outfit is super durable and made of a sturdy fabric because it's well, like a fully body straightjacket so prisoners wouldn't be wearing like, thin cotton or bridal fabric.

Satt
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm planning a Zero cosplay (R2 version) but it's my first and I don't know my way around fabrics at all. :o
I posted a thread for the question here - http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=187345 if you want to answer me on that or you can answer here, any answer at all would be appreciated. :3

Stormraven24
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I adore this series and therefore want to do a lot of cosplays from it. Right now, my main three are Zero (R2 version), Emperor Lelouch, and Suzaku (Knight of Zero version). These three I think I'm going to have to buy, but I've found what look to be very nice costumes from reputable sellers, so we'll see how that little endeavor goes.

As for the big one, my dream cosplay is to do Schneizel. That tailcoat of doom I feel in love with the first time I saw it, and now it's the main one I really wanna dig in to. Problem is I want to try to do it all from scratch, which means getting a lot of muslin (thank god JoAnn's is having a sale on that stuff next weekend :3), a lot fo detailed measurements for myself, and a looooot of patience. I've never attempted something so complicated, so it'll be an adventure once I get it started.

Now, as others have said before, I'm having trouble deciding on what kind of fabric to ake the final versions in. I'm not going anywhere near anything shiny or thin, but I'd really prefer to stay away from things that are 100% cotton (me + iron = one-sided yelling match). Any suggestions on what to use for Schneizel? Anything is most appreciated.

Secret92
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
SATIN IS A BIG NO NO. Especially if you intend to use the cheap quality costume satin. really, it just looks like crap and wrinkles and is WAYYYYY too shiny for Zero's cape. Use something more sturdy and durable like twill or even a heavy weight prom fabric, if you still want some sheen.

As for C.C.'s bodysuit, try a white twill, I always imagined that her outfit is super durable and made of a sturdy fabric because it's well, like a fully body straightjacket so prisoners wouldn't be wearing like, thin cotton or bridal fabric.

Thank you so much! I was really lost on what to use for CC, and your point on satin was something I'd completely forgotten. (It's probably easy to see that I don't use my cape very often.) I'll get my friend and we'll check out the fabrics you mentioned for Zero's cape and go from there. Thanks again!

Crystalike
08-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Thank you so much! I was really lost on what to use for CC, and your point on satin was something I'd completely forgotten. (It's probably easy to see that I don't use my cape very often.) I'll get my friend and we'll check out the fabrics you mentioned for Zero's cape and go from there. Thanks again!

No problem! ^^ I've worked in a fabric store for a bit so I know fabrics quite well, and I've seen what to use and what definitely not to sue for costumes. In the chance that the store doesn't have any twill, you could try a white denim-like material that's still sturdy, but has a little bit of stretch for C.C.

Secret92
08-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Alright~ That helps greatly. Now that I know what things are best to look for, I can get a better start.

ChekeredLelouch
08-07-2009, 12:49 PM
I actually have 2 Casual outfits and Emperor Lelouch done. :]
Go check them out on my profile!

Soliel_Hime
08-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I finally got back to work on Kallen today. In addition to her Ashford uniform, I'm currently sewing this dress (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/solarprincess/cosplay/Kallen.jpg) for AWA's ball. I'm almost halfway done with the dress, and I only have the blazer left for the uniform.

Crystalike
08-07-2009, 09:27 PM
I finally got back to work on Kallen today. In addition to her Ashford uniform, I'm currently sewing this dress (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/solarprincess/cosplay/Kallen.jpg) for AWA's ball. I'm almost halfway done with the dress, and I only have the blazer left for the uniform.

Nice! I haven't seen anyone do that dress yet.

Ending C.C. update: skirt and layers almost done! currently pleating and sewing the red and green layers together. Shoes and laces figured out. Hat needs a new hatband and then the little white flowers. Need to pattern out the black corset thing. Shirt needs white eyelet trim lace and maroon ribbon. Can't wait to wear this!

Illa Scriptor
08-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, I finished the bodice for Euphie's dress today, and while it's not perfect, it's a heck of a lot better than I thought it would be. Now to do her skirt overlay, attach it to the bodice, and completely sew Suzaku's uniform... all in less than twenty-four hours. x_x All nighter, here I come.

Chiloves1
08-13-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm doing my first Code Geass cosplay for a con next year. I'm being Euphemia Li Britannia (I'm really excited about this one :)) and I just bought my cosplay online, and had a friend of mine make the wig. However, I'm not too sure what kind of shoes to wear underneath the dress that she wears. :D

So my question is, what kind of shoes would work? Maybe a pair of white or pink high heels, maybe ballet flats that Payless sometimes sells. If there are any pictures out there that show what Euphemia's footwear looks like, that would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone who has done Euphemia worn a pettiocoat underneath the dress? My cosplay comes with one and after seeing what it looks like underneath the cosplay, I believe it would make it quite poofy and cute.

Thank you so much