PDA

View Full Version : FMA Photoshoot

Reizoko
06-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Is there really not a thread for this? Hmph. Well, you know the drill. Say when, where, and (as) who. Or what.

Date:Saturday's probably best for me, then Friday.
Time: Mid-afternoon, possibly?
Character: Psiren/Clara. Seen in episode 10 only, for those going 'abawho?' What? The costume was easy. :p

Gale
06-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Oooh, if I'm free I'm interested :D I'll be dressed as Winry

LadyHawke78
06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Holycrap Psiren!!! (One of the truly awesome anime-only FMA characters... and I'm not even a huge fan of the anime...)
I've never seen anyone do that costume before. It's gonna RAWK.

I can grab a bunch of other FMA cosplayers for a shoot on Sat. My entire Masquerade group will be wearing our costumes then, so we'll have an Ed, Mustang, Hughes and Hawkeye.

BRING IT ON!! :o

shadowblaze
06-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah i'm totally down for that. I am the mustang in Ladyhawke's group. I'll be there.

MEGHANCLAPOINTE
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
count me and my sis in as Ed and Rose (ballroom version or Alphonse) i just need to know what time...as long as it's not Friday at 4pm

LadyHawke78
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Shadowblaze, your avatar is fuggin' AMAZING.

Meg-- your sister should totally wear the Rose dress. It's great-- I remember it from the AB Masquerade!

shadowblaze
06-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks LadyHawke =) I love the pic so i resized it to be my avatar. Ican't wait to see what kind of pics we are going to get in our group at ctcon. Between all of us i am sure we'll get some pretty crazy ones. Our Hughes and I plan on going to a bar and getting a photo of Roy and Hughes drinking 'scotch' I can't technically get scotch though cus i am 20 X) After i get that pic i will prob make that my avatar.

Rhys Ifane
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't care what day or time it is, as long as it doesn't interfere with the masquerade at all. I'm gonna see if I can guilt my mom into buying me a new camera before CTcon since she broke my current one. A Hughes without a camera is just blasphemy. Crazy talk. But yes, I'm sure there will be many a great picture taken at this photoshoot. It's a lot of fun to just see how people in character interact with each other, especially if they don't meet each other in the anime/manga.

LadyHawke78
06-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Sweet Jeebuz-- you guys are so YOUNG!! XD

As my friend Chris would say, the photos taken at this thing are going to be "Balls-to-the-Wall EPIC." :rofl:

The only thing that could make this better would be if that AMAZING Armstrong cosplayer from CT-Con '06 shows up again. O.o He made me LAWL hardcore. It's good to see an Armstrong cosplayer who actually HAS the body to pull it off...

Okay-- we're slowly assembling an entire army here.
We need a Havoc and a Furey. I KNOW there are a few good ones out there...
(OMG, if we could get a shot of Mustang's entire crew--- WTF_AWESOME!)

Oh, hell. I'm going to be in cosplay Chess on Sunday too.
(Almost forgot about that. I applied SO long ago...)
Maybe I should wear my Dress-uniform on Saturday for the photoshoot so I'm not in the same costume 2 days in a row. (See attachments...) I tend to dry-clean the damn thing between wearings. XD

Gale
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
eeee, you people already registered for the chess worry me! I know I've got until mid next month, but I really won't enter until Aeris and Winry are done...maybe Ino too. I want to give the chess coordinator a choice of costumes to pick from, otherwise I'd just submit the Yunas again.

I'm really excited though 'cause I'm almost done with Winry! I just need to buy some gloves and alter the tube top I bought ^_^

Winry progress (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1096761)(minus bandanna that I just bought yesterday)

Adara
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Winry progress (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1096761)(minus bandanna that I just bought yesterday)

Whoo! xD We told you you'd be an awesome Winry! haha.

I'll probably come, either as Hawkeye with my boyfriend as Roy or as movie Winry.

LadyHawke78
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
FWIW, Armstrong-made-of-WIN (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=767351) is in this photo.

(Adara as Winry and Dagger as Movie!Ed ALSO win @ life...)

Dayyam, Gale-- those have got to be the most perfect Winry shoes ever.
Score!

@Adara-- you know I'm all for the RoiAi love. :bigtu:
Bring it on!

Gale
06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
lol, really? you think? I just found them in my mom's closet XD she and I tend to steal each others shoes :rolleyes:

shadowblaze
06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
That armstrong was at AB this past year too. He participated in my flame v.s. metal fight skit. He is a really nice guy and it'd be awesome if he was at ctcon this year as armstrong.

cealjlapointe
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
rose/ al/ noa here just let me know when and where and i will be there

Gale
06-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Someone suggested doing TWO FMA gatherings: one Friday at 2 and one Saturday at 2. Do you guys think there's enough interest for this? Or should we stick to one day only?

Reizoko
06-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Heh, more of a response on this than I'd thought there would be. I'll only be able to make one day, as of now, but it might change by then.

So, Sat. at 2:00 then? I think everyone's able to make that. Where to meet?

Gale
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm actually waiting to hear back from a staff member at the con about where would be most appropriate for groups to meet. Last year a popular space was in the main hall right outside main events and the dealer's room, but the danger there is crowding. If its nice outside we can move to the steps outside like a few groups did last year (most notably the FF/KH gathering that was far too big for our own good XD) but we shouldn't rely on that.

How big do you anticipate this gathering to be??? That will tell a lot about where we go. Though really, meeting at main events generally works. We just have to have a plan of where to go once we're all together.

cealjlapointe
06-09-2007, 03:54 PM
i have never been there b4 so i dont know where things r so ill try to make it (the person who requested 2 shoots was me) since we got vic and caitlin thats why i suggested it......yes sat at 2 works for me

Gale
06-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Its a really nice place. Not as big as the Hynes, I don't think...but its got a really simple layout. Last year I think we used pretty much one floor for the convention. The Gaming, Dealers, and Main Events rooms are all right together at the main hall and then the panel rooms are off on long halls to either side. We shouldn't have trouble finding space for the shoot though because the main hall is pretty spacious and there's probably other spots that would work too.

Adara
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Alright, looks like my bf and me as Roy & Hawkeye won't be happening this convention. T_T I don't have enough time and I really don't wanna push it and do a cruddy job on the costumes or stress myself out over it like I always end up doing.. xD

But I'll still be there as Winry, so long as it doesn't run into the Cosplay Musical.... which means that Saturday at 2 probably wouldn't work, or would be cutting it very close. If it was earlier that day I could make it, though.

And, if it makes a difference, I'm pretty sure there were two FMA shoots last year--one on Friday and one on Sunday.. so doing two this year might not be a terrible idea.

Gale
06-11-2007, 12:26 AM
*sigh* Friday or Saturday, if its at 2pm I'm not gunna make it. I am preforming in two big cosplay events and one performs Friday afternoon starting at 1pm and the other (the Cosplay Musical that Adara speaks of) is Saturday afternoon at a yet unknown time. Oh well, I'll still be waking around as Winry at some point 'cause I love this costume (which if I forgot to mention is NOW DONE!) too much not to wear it a bunch at least one day! :D

QueenDuranie
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Count me in. I'll be cosplaying as Izumi for the weekend.

cealjlapointe
06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
im in the masq also and i hope everyone loves our skit

LadyHawke78
06-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Count me in. I'll be cosplaying as Izumi for the weekend.

Hey! It's "Kikyo" from the Anime Boston forums!
Hopefully I'll run into you at this thing. I missed ya at the AB formal ball, since I was there for all of, like, 20 minutes. XD

cealjlapointe
06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
i hope im not too hot in my costumes.....(last PCM i was nina chimera and i almost died)

Gale
06-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm pretty sure there'll be air conditioning in the con center, so you should be fine.

Yuki Eiri
06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
In essence I could bring my roy costume but there seems to be enough of them already and I'm still slightly traumatized from katsucon. [Someone insulted my costume to my face and I took it off after only wearing it for like 20 minutes. Haven't worn it since.]

[random- 700th post! woot!]

Gale
06-15-2007, 09:48 PM
whaaaat?! I know I barely know FMA, but looking at your gallery I can't imagine why someone would do anything like that (except perhaps 'cause they're a total jerk, but even still, I don't see anything wrong with the costume!). That's a great looking, and very CLEAN looking costume. I feel that is one of the most important aspects of cosplaying and the foundation to ANY costume. Sure, its the details that can really make a costume (something I'm sorry but I can't judge really in any FMA costume from my lack of experience with the show) but its the clean seams and overall presentation that can so easily be overlooked and break a costume.

I'd say if you want to wear it, go ahead. I see nothing wrong with it.

[and congrats on your 700! woot!]

LadyHawke78
06-16-2007, 02:15 AM
WTF, Yuki?
You're serious? Gawd. Some people can be total asshats.

Now, I'm a pretty obsessive FMA fan, and notice a lot of detail type stuff on FMA costumes. I really DO think that your costume appears incredibly well constructed. I noticed the topstitching on the cuffs of the sleeves right away. The clean lines of military style costumes is difficult to get right. (I did not do the actual construction of my costume. That credit goes to a commissioner from Mass. She'll more than likely be a dealer at CT con... but I now it was a challenge for her and she is quite experienced.)

Hell, I've gotten sh*t about the fabric choice I made for my costume already (OMG!! IT'S A DARKER BLUE! WTF?!?) but whatever. My commissioner rocked it out, and I obsessed over the trims and details and put hours into that crap myself, so I could care less about people being st00pid.

WEAR THE COSTUME! It looks good, and I'd like to see it in person, and with the wig you got for it. We are cool. (I know Gale and Brent and some of the others on this thread from Anime Boston...) Besides, I'll be your bodyguard, and I'll bust some capz if anyone gives you a hard time. XD

cealjlapointe
06-16-2007, 03:00 PM
omg i would of been like shocked to hear that. why would someone say that? thats horrible i looked through ur gallery and i love ur costume

LadyHawke78
07-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Alright, so I don't think anything has been "formalized" about this yet, so I'm just gonna say this: IF I happen to see a gathering happening, and IF I am in costume at that point, I'll join in, but with my other committments at CTcon (Artist Colony, Anime Boston table, Masq and Chess...) I can't make many last minute committments...

Gale
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I put it on the list as 2pm Sat, I believe, and I'm pretty sure this was one that was reported to me and not that I found myself...so I'd say check for that timeslot ;) Unfortunately that's too close to the FF shoot and my prospective costume judging time for me to make it, but I'll still have Winry on at SOME POINT during the con ;)