seven days... :reverse:

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-08-2007, 03:06 PM
AMA is now exactly 7 days away!

seven days... :reverse:

i don't wanna die!!! >_<

kyocs
06-08-2007, 03:16 PM
you said it, 7 more days, - _ - , it feels like eternity.

dExtrosien
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
It's hard to believe. I still have way to much stuff to do to finish preparing our costumes. :eek:
I can't wait for next weekend to get here, but at the same time I'm dreading it since I know it will be over really quickly. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lumasnati
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll be a Riku without a keyblade. X__X; My poor Keyblade is in the shop for the time being. But I am also going to be forgoing Roxas. X__X; I couldn't finish in time. Plus, I have Byakko at 95% completion. I just have to finish my bracers and my wig and I'm ready. :3

I can't wait. My boss is mad at me though. XD He is like: RAWR! You're taking too many days off.

He can bite my ass. I work my ass off. Time for me to take the summer for fun!! :333 Who else is close to completion?!

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
That's the greeting on my cellphone when it opens: 7 more days!

AkuseruRokusesu and I are in the same position with our bosses, my boss is getting frustrated because over half of the employees asked for this weekend off XD

Nekko
06-08-2007, 05:44 PM
My boss is angry too. but screw it. Everyone owes me shifts, they should do them!

Lumasnati
06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Oh don't you HATE it when they ask why you're asking for so many days off?

I just got back from Vacation.. So that's 7 days..

And I asked for 4 days off for AMA [Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday] and so he's throwing a fit! X___X; It's like: OO; You give yourself every Saturday off, you are a lazy fat arsed person and take off whenever you damn well please.... I WANT MY DAYS OFF!! I BUST MY ARSE WORKING FOR YOU!! MY TURN FOR TIME OFF!!

spanner
06-08-2007, 08:03 PM
lulz~ my boss doesn't know what I'm doing and pray God no one I work with finds out XD

stafffighter
06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Dude, at work they owe me way more than what I am asking for. Week before last I came in early covering someone. Last week I worked an extra shift, today I worked an extended shift. They owe me this weekend and I intend to enjoy the heck out of it.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-08-2007, 09:50 PM
all my coworkers are taking off for ama (reason: i work at hottopic) so we had to volunteer for shifts. but were all tolerant of each others shifts and my boss is cool so hteres no angerness :D

Kaoshima
06-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Six Days!!! XD

the LAN warrior
06-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Whiskey, Omega, Omega, Tango.

(woot)

stafffighter
06-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Checked my schedule at work. I got my days. ALL SYSTEMS GO!!

Lumasnati
06-09-2007, 08:07 PM
All clear from the Boss man. XD Not that I would have come to work anyway if he scheduled me. That's why I always put in my time off like.. months ahead of time so they can't change them... XD

How are costumes coming together?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
my costume is 100% done, and i got a cute little outfit to rave in today <3
im still working on my groups prop for our masquerade skit though, which me and my friend are doing for our sculpture assignment in art class

stafffighter
06-09-2007, 11:24 PM
95% done, retweaking armguards for like the 5th time.

Kaoshima
06-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Five Days!

stafffighter
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
99% done. Need more adhesive for the armguards.... gargh.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
ohh im getting butterflies in my tummy!

bamboocactus
06-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I decided I should make the nunchaku prop for my Ling Tong so I have something eclectic to wear or whatever. I dunno. XD I still need to finish up the stuff I'm selling at artist's alley! AGH! So much work to do :(

Gogglegirl
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I still have...oh like...half a costume to make? and there is a lot of painting involved too...*dies*

But right now I don't even know if I'll be going the full weekend....I might just end up going on Saturday *sweatdrops* I'm pretty sick right now, I'm on two different medications and I have to drink like 5 liters of water a day...Plus I've got all this excitement going on with Graduation (parties, events etc.).

Everyone wish me well so I can go all weekend (or dustbunny's gonna KILL me....)

bamboocactus
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, alla y'alls should probably head over to the photoshoot thread I made just to confirm times and places for your various gatherings. I only just realised I had no idea when anybody was meeting, so I'm trying to rectify that for everyone. Cheers!

Saxinthehall
06-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Bah, I need to work on a few things for some costumes. I need to make my Edgeworth frills and Godot's visor. I should have all the materials needed, it's just getting them to work could be a problem.

Lumasnati
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm SCREWED! I don't know how to cut a wig to make spikes!! T___T

xOtaku316x
06-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Aah! I finally made a list of what's left. Costume part is about 75% completed, and weapon construction is all done! So it's just the laborious painting-of-the-weapon and adding all the pretty things and doing the hard parts of the costume. lol And working every day up to AMA. o_O WOOT!

Choleric Kimmah
06-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Zomg four more days. =X

I'm so exctied! ^___^

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Four now? Craaaaaaap >_<

stafffighter
06-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Four days..........gah. Gotta finish organizing suitcase! Ah travel confirmations! Pet arrangements! AHHHH!

FancyFace
06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Four days in counting, not unless you just say three and don't count Friday itself. LOL! That way it makes it go by faster, thats my theory anyway. I asked for this weekend off months in advance, and my boss it totally cool with it, and he's Asian, but Chinese not Japanese so I was cool when he let me go. :) Does anyone else think that on Thursday or whenever you're going to get off is going to go by slow or fast? My friends joke with me and say that I'm going to have trouble leaving because we get busy on Thursday nights sometimes... I hope not this week!

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
*prays that ichigo wig will arrive soon*

the shinigami outfit is in the works now, and i've also started the footwear and bought like 20 bucks worth of bandages....the sad thing is....i still need to go buy more >_<

4 days! soooo close

Lumasnati
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I know! Oh my god. I have so much work to do. X___X;

spanner
06-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I could handle the week going by a bit slowly. I still don't have my shinigami stuff in yet... or the stupid sweater bit. lol Yumichika and your stupid "fashion sense."

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 12:27 PM
lol Yumichika and your stupid "fashion sense."

It's all in the name of beauty! XD

spanner
06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
It's all in the name of beauty! XD

There is nothing beautiful about wearing a knit turtleneck sweater in the summer. Just because the weather is nice in Soul Society, doesn't mean it is in the real world lololol?

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
There is nothing beautiful about wearing a knit turtleneck sweater in the summer. Just because the weather is nice in Soul Society, doesn't mean it is in the real world lololol?

i hear ya, nearly my entire upper body is going to be wrapped in bandages, plus the tarzan style shinigami outfit overtop. its gonna be hot

spanner
06-11-2007, 12:32 PM
i hear ya, nearly my entire upper body is going to be wrapped in bandages, plus the tarzan style shinigami outfit overtop. its gonna be hot

Well, we shall suffer together, Ichigo.

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I've got you all beat: full leather Squall

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I've got you all beat: full leather Squall

Yes, but does Squall have a wig? Because honestly I would rather wear all leather than a long-ass wig...fuck...those things get you sooo hot T_T

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Guess I'll be enjoying myself in my nice, loose, cool kimono :D Technically, the only thing I usually wear under it (as per the costume) is boxer briefs and wrapping from my knees to my belly (ample covering, don't worry :P), but being as how I actually feel like being mobile and comfortable, I'll be substituting that for my white gi bottoms. They're nice and airy :D I was GOING to use a white hakama instead but I don't feel like paying 70 bucks for one, and I wouldn't know my size, anyway >.<

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Guess I'll be enjoying myself in my nice, loose, cool kimono :D Technically, the only thing I usually wear under it (as per the costume) is boxer briefs and wrapping from my knees to my belly (ample covering, don't worry :P), but being as how I actually feel like being mobile and comfortable, I'll be substituting that for my white gi bottoms. They're nice and airy :D I was GOING to use a white hakama instead but I don't feel like paying 70 bucks for one, and I wouldn't know my size, anyway >.<

Lucky >_<

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
i say we beat him up, i mean how dare he be comfortable!

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM

*cracks knuckles*

Lumasnati
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Huge sleeves and long pants + boots. XD I feel your guy's pain.. XD

spanner
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah... cosplay isn't about being comfortable!!!!

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah... cosplay isn't about being comfortable!!!!

I hear the mantra of a lot of the more 'xtreame' cosplay females is "Beauty is Pain", which I'm assuming applies to corsets and hooker heels and all that.

But hey, don't prosecute me because I have the good sense to wear a summertime cosplay ;)

spanner
06-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I hear the mantra of a lot of the more 'xtreame' cosplay females is "Beauty is Pain", which I'm assuming applies to corsets and hooker heels and all that.

But hey, don't prosecute me because I have the good sense to wear a summertime cosplay ;)

I'm pretty sure transvestites made that mantra up because I certainly do not follow. I'll take comfort over painful beauty any day of the week.

And.... shut up you! lol

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
I bet the Rikku, Yuna, and SnJ cosplayers are loving it. The scantily clad ladies of the cosplay community are laughing at us now during the hot summer months after us laughing at them during the frigid winter ones XD

Lumasnati
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
HOW DARE YOU BE COMFORTABLE! -arm flail- If you see someone in lot of white and big sleeves with a big tail slung over her shoulder, that would be me. XD

cosplayluver
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Try being in mostly vinal and leather....
But yea Im sooo hyped....if only I can finish my weapon....I can only hope.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
mines not too bad. longsleeves and a wig + high heels (and other garments but they arent important, like my skirt) cosplay definately wasnt meant for comfort.

I support the beauty is pain mantra. Men must have made high heeled shoes, because they kill your feet after 8+ hours of straight walking/standing/running/glomping.

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Men must have made high heeled shoes.

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Yanno, that's not the first time I've heard that...

And it's probably for the best that they prevent glomping :P

kotsu
06-11-2007, 04:28 PM
cant freaxxing wait >.< finally got my obscure hat >.< i was freaking out but yeah ..lol..its all good..*is excited* ^.^

Lumasnati
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I feel the pain on the high heels. I don't normally wear them... thusly when I put on my Organization stuff, I die. XD That's why I've decided... if I'm wearing my boots, I won't be doing much walking. XD

stafffighter
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Binding in summer weather=not fun. That's all I have to say about it.

Kaoshima
06-11-2007, 08:15 PM
heh, solid white baggy clothes for me :skidude: I'm gonna be comfortable like nobody's business... except for the wig. :(

bamboocactus
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Nice! That white'll keep you cool, but blind everyone else when you're outside XD You rock.

Kaoshima
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
:( stop lying, I don't rock!

Nekko
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
*Hits you with a boulder*

Now you are rocked...

spanner
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
*Hits you with a boulder*

Now you are rocked...

I was waiting to see how long it would take until someone said that. Nekko, you have not disappointed me.

Nekko
06-11-2007, 09:18 PM
*paranoid*

Are you being sarcastic? Or funny?

Just call me *Uses obvious jokes*

Mmmm If I translated that into Japanese it could potentialy be an awsome nickname....

Kaoshima
06-11-2007, 09:18 PM
*is dead* I am sooo gonna haunt you...

Nekko
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
*uses poenix down*

You can LIVE again!

spanner
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
*paranoid*

Are you being sarcastic? Or funny?

Just call me *Uses obvious jokes*

Mmmm If I translated that into Japanese it could potentialy be an awsome nickname....

No malicious intent behind what I said. XD

Kaoshima
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd have prefered a "Rip Maen" but whatev, I still don't forgive you for the boulder.

Nekko
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Ok just checking.... No emo fit for my livejournal then...

JK I have no livejournal..

Gogglegirl
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Painting was just started today...Thank god I have half days for the rest of the week.

As for my sickness...still not all that much better.

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Painting was just started today...Thank god I have half days for the rest of the week.

As for my sickness...still not all that much better.

I hope you feel better by AMA! :'(

the LAN warrior
06-12-2007, 01:13 AM
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Three and an wake up!!!!

bamboocactus
06-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Huh what? Drunk? Hm?

:P

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-12-2007, 06:26 AM
3 days to go!!

my ichigo wig is also in....my parents gave me the strangest look when they saw that i had a package slip from......hong kong? mwaha, i just said c'mon guys, everyone that goes to these things gets their wigs from hong kong:chatah: , or somethin like that...

:eek: <=== my parents

on the bright side, my wig from a land far far away now makes hot springs ichigo 100%:bigtu: ! and maybe about 10% added onto the other two =P, eh oh well, either way im getting waaaay too excited too early. ah, the suspense!

stafffighter
06-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Suitcase is almost finished being packed and such. Con bag is in preparation. Today, I'm putting the final touches on things, tomorrow I'm heading out for some last minute supplies.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-12-2007, 08:37 AM
3 days! EEEeeeee! *dansu dansu*

My friends and I still need to record our skt though @_@.

Cloudy Star
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm going to start brushing out wigs today and begin packing. I have to iron some of my Kenshin gear but that won't be so hard. I managed to get new shoes for Anthy that are more accurate to the anime and manga so I'm feeling pretty good. Tomorrow I have to go do some stuff at the university but the rest of the afternoon will be devoted to packing and getting REALLY excited. <3

the LAN warrior
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
All i have left to do is hem up a pair of leather pants and double check to make sure i have enough belts.

Lumasnati
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
All I have left to do is get my wig styled and see if I can come now since my T#$%#$%@#$% mother decided to go on an impromptu vacation leaving me to watch my sister. [which isn't fair].... -gets started with the packing-

spanner
06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
last minute small pieces being gathered to finish shinigami today (along with.... drinking game........ supplies). sewing/pinning tomorrow and packing thursday.

I do so enjoy waiting until the very last minute

fatalinjection
06-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Buying some more white thread (whyyyy did it have to run out T_T) and some velcro today...learned to use the sewing machine last night and trying to completely revamp everything that's been bothering me in, oh...3 days.

Hopefully finishing tonight/tomorrow, and packing Thursday.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I have to get my luggage to my friends house thursday, so I'm packing tomorow as well as cleaning my room. XP

Lumasnati
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Alright! I'm on for AMA!

-gets her stuff packed- :3 w00terz. XD

Is anyone up for a Thursday night meeting? :3

Gogglegirl
06-12-2007, 10:17 PM
And so I realized tonight that I won't be able to finish one of my costumes by the weekend...I still have sooooooo much more work to do on it, and I don't have time to do it all. So I'm not going to bring that one

but on friday I'll come as Ryuichi Sakuma from Gravitation~! It'll just be his extremely plain outfit of jeans, a white shirt, a red headband and Kumagoro of course~! I have to find some accerssories for him though....*goes to bug sister*

the LAN warrior
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Well i'm about to spend the night conditioning every piece of leather i will be wearing this weekend. 4 belts, a jacket, pants, four gloves, six boots, and a holster.

stafffighter
06-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Making my list for shopping tommorow and trying to decide what to wear when.

bamboocactus
06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Well i'm about to spend the night conditioning every piece of leather i will be wearing this weekend. 4 belts, a jacket, pants, four gloves, six boots, and a holster.

Whatcha gonna do? Wear it all at once and wrestle a bear? :D

the LAN warrior
06-12-2007, 10:50 PM
heh, 3 of the belts are for squall along with the jacket pants two of the gloves and a pair of boots. Snake has the holster, fourth belt, gloves and the other pair of boots.

bamboocactus
06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
No, I know that, I meant what are you gonna do to CONDITION it? :)

the LAN warrior
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Mink oil and saddle soap. Keeps it soft and protects it from wear and tear. If you don't take care of leather it gets brittle and cracks.

JonnyStarwind
06-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Two days left

The Pressure To Finish Costumes Is Building!!!

FancyFace
06-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I started packing yesturday (Tuesday) and I thought I had everything but now I can't find my orange wig for my April O' Neil costume dammit. I might have to change to another costume for last minute... Gah, don't you love the pressure? Two days and counting.

MissChii
06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
OMG It's so exciting...this isn't my first con but still ^_^;...*spazzes*

I ordered my costume offa ebay (Final Fantasy X2 Rikku) and they sent me the wrong one...pieces dont fit an shtuff...
gotta get a diff. bikini top and dye the outline of it orange...fix muh thong up >_<; and get a belt that actually fits...

and pack of course!!

^_^

so today im doing last minute touch-ups and packing
tomorro graduation practice
friday graduation (sadly missing like all day friday of the conT_T)
and right after graduation off to AMA!!!

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Heading off to the store for last minute supplies and such and tidying up a bit.

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
OMG It's so exciting...this isn't my first con but still ^_^;...*spazzes*

I ordered my costume offa ebay (Final Fantasy X2 Rikku) and they sent me the wrong one...pieces dont fit an shtuff...
gotta get a diff. bikini top and dye the outline of it orange...fix muh thong up >_<; and get a belt that actually fits...

and pack of course!!

^_^

so today im doing last minute touch-ups and packing
tomorro graduation practice
friday graduation (sadly missing like all day friday of the conT_T)
and right after graduation off to AMA!!!

graduating from high school, then AMA?

sounds like a pretty exciting weekend

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
graduating from high school, then AMA?

sounds like a pretty exciting weekend

I skipped my graduation last year for AMA D: eeeeek.

Finished sewing last night, packed most of my stuff today...my suitcase is too small! T_T I'll fit everything in there somehow, though...

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Finished sewing last night, packed most of my stuff today...my suitcase is too small! T_T I'll fit everything in there somehow, though...

my graduation wasn't too exciting for me. i would have rather gone to AMA as well.

is your suitcase too small? or are you overpacking?....again >_<

my costume should be done tomorrow, and ready for minor sizing adjustments once i try it on.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 02:55 PM
my graduation wasn't too exciting for me. i would have rather gone to AMA as well.

is your suitcase too small? or are you overpacking?....again >_<

my costume should be done tomorrow, and ready for minor sizing adjustments once i try it on.

Nooo, my suitcase is really too small ;_; I don't want to bring the huge one I did last year...which came up to my chest, pretty much, lol. But we only have a biiig one and then a small one, no medium T_T

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Totally know how you feel. Had to get a bigger suitcase to accommodate my cosplays and such. :toothy:

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Totally know how you feel. Had to get a bigger suitcase to accommodate my cosplays and such. :toothy:

Yeah, I'm just trying to find room for my actual clothes now XD;

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I'm just trying to find room for my actual clothes now XD;

Why would you need regular clothes?

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Why would you need regular clothes?

I will probably get tired of wearing my costumes XD and want a break. And for driving there & back. And for if I want to go out anywhere looking like a normal human being >_>;

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
And for if I want to go out anywhere looking like a normal human being >_>;

Begs the question: Why would you want to look normal?

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Begs the question: Why would you want to look normal?

>_> why not?

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
ok, I yield. Look normal if you want to, *cough* freak *cough*

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:14 PM

XP :bigcry:

Ryu_Hayabusa
06-13-2007, 03:18 PM

i'm a shinigami in real life, so when i "cosplay" i am actually just being normal, and when i dress "normal" i'm actually cosplaying...

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
i'm a shinigami in real life, so when i "cosplay" i am actually just being normal, and when i dress "normal" i'm actually cosplaying...

@_@; woah...

bamboocactus
06-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Let steal his gigai and make money on the corner of Baltimore street!

Lumasnati
06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Nooo, my suitcase is really too small ;_; I don't want to bring the huge one I did last year...which came up to my chest, pretty much, lol. But we only have a biiig one and then a small one, no medium T_T

I know how that goes. I need to get my stuff finished up and I need a garment bag for one of the peices. My suitcase will cause too many wrinkles and a garment back will help it keep it's shape.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
seabag. for me i bring a seabag with all my stuff packed in it.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I know how that goes. I need to get my stuff finished up and I need a garment bag for one of the peices. My suitcase will cause too many wrinkles and a garment back will help it keep it's shape.

Yeah, I'm just gonna try to iron my stuff in the hotel room @_@;

Let steal his gigai and make money on the corner of Baltimore street!

Did someone say money?! $_$

seabag. for me i bring a seabag with all my stuff packed in it.

wtf is a seabag?!

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I'm just gonna try to iron my stuff in the hotel room @_@;

Did someone say money?! $_$

wtf is a seabag?!

Its a duffelbag. My dad used them when he was on sea duty. *is a Navy brat*

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Its a duffelbag. My dad used them when he was on sea duty. *is a Navy brat*

Yep, tough as nails, and can fit a lot of stuff in them. Also easy to carry.

bamboocactus
06-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds handy; my duffels are getting annoying. My mum just got some new luggage so maybe I can have her old stuff... floral though it may be...

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Duct tape would cover the floral pattern nicely.

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
They'll be easy to spot then.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
And hard to damage

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 03:48 PM
A winning combination.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 03:50 PM
YAY! Three Cheers for Practicality!

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
And no cheers for my over-stuffed suitcase full of stuff I probably won't wear T.T

NiceGai44
06-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Gin dresses me me up in the morning because I am blind so I feel you. I have that problem too with packing it is usually all cosplay stuff then its I forget to pack my regular clothes and thats usually the last thing I do.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Gin dresses me me up in the morning because I am blind so I feel you

You keep giving me cute ideas for fanart!

NiceGai44
06-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Too bad I wont be able to see it. I know it will make fan girls happy.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Too bad I wont be able to see it.

LMAO XD

spanner
06-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Gin dresses me me up in the morning because I am blind so I feel you. I have that problem too with packing it is usually all cosplay stuff then its I forget to pack my regular clothes and thats usually the last thing I do.

LMFAO cutest thing I've heard all day.

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 05:44 PM

LMAO. You never cease to make me smile. Too bad you'll never see it, its cute.

I try to pack at least two 'plain' clothes outfits as well as the clothes I arrive in, change in my room or if I'm extra anxious, in the bathroom before I register.

Cloudy Star
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi all! Cloudy Star here with your weekend forcast for Anime Mid-Atlantic!

For those coming on Thursday:
A few showers early then mostly cloudy conditions later on. A rumble of thunder possible. HIGH: 72

Thursday Night Pre-Reg Pick Up: Widely scattered showers or a thunderstorm early then partly cloudy. LOW: 56

Friday: Partly Cloudy with a chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. High near 80.

Temperatures will continue to rise throughout the weekend with Sunday's highs in the mid-90s. I think we might catch the best weather on Friday and Saturday. I'll keep you'll guys updated!

Kaoshima
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Yay! Weather Forecast FTW!! XD

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks a bunch!

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Yaaaay I love storms I hope there are some while I'm there ^_^

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Rain can make for great photo shoots, if done correctly. Rain is awesome.

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm all for rain, just not a downpour.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Rain can make for great photo shoots, if done correctly. Rain is awesome.

unless you get your camera wet o.o

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I agree, soggy cameras are no fun as well as not always functional.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:06 PM
unless you get your camera wet o.o

There are many ways to water-proof a camera temporarily. A clear plastic bag wrapped around the body with just the lens left open works really well. Or just an umbrella over the whole rig.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:07 PM
There are many ways to water-proof a camera temporarily. A clear plastic bag wrapped around the body with just the lens left open works really well. Or just an umbrella over the whole rig.

But but but wouldn't the water get on the lens, then? ;.;

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Usually but most good lens are sealed so the rain drops can just wiped off. But with just the tip of the lens left open not much should get on.

MH-chan
06-13-2007, 07:10 PM
So I've been talked back into going~
But I'm not cosplaying =3=
I'll have my BJD with me though, thats about it.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Usually but most good lens are sealed so the rain drops can just wiped off. But with just the tip of the lens left open not much should get on.

Ooooh well thats cool :D

spanner
06-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Ideally, it's best not to get any part of the camera wet unless it's meant to. Water can leave behind residue on the lens and/or body which is why you shouldn't clean your lenses with water but solvent made for cameras yar yar yarrrrr /end photography lesson.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
several years studying photography, I even develop my own film.

Ideally, it's best not to get any part of the camera wet unless it's meant to. Water can leave behind residue on the lens and/or body which is why you shouldn't clean your lenses with water but solvent made for cameras yar yar yarrrrr /end photography lesson.

True, but sometimes the best shots come from putting your equipment, and yourself, at risk. And a little rain on the end of a lens is not a mortal sin.

spanner
06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
So do I. Don't need those college courses going down the drain

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:23 PM
So do I. Don't need those college courses going down the drain

quick which do you prefer; film or digital?

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:25 PM

You're not more hardcore than her, so give up! *waves pom-poms for owlwoods* :schitzo:

spanner
06-13-2007, 07:28 PM

That's like asking the Pope if he likes saying prayers or saying the rosary. They both have strong points. I use to be strictly film because I felt more in control and I liked doing the "artistic" things myself rather than relying on Photoshop. However, digital has become so much cheaper and as I no longer have a photolab at my disposal anymore............. I suppose I'll have to say digital.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:33 PM
You're not more hardcore than her, so give up! *waves pom-poms for owlwoods* :schitzo:

Nor do i ever claim to be, photography for me is just an amusing hobby done in my spare time, I in no way think of myself as the best, or anywhere near it for that mater.

That's like asking the Pope if he likes saying prayers or saying the rosary. They both have strong points. I use to be strictly film because I felt more in control and I liked doing the "artistic" things myself rather than relying on Photoshop. However, digital has become so much cheaper and as I no longer have a photolab at my disposal anymore............. I suppose I'll have to say digital.

I have to agree. as much i love film, the more artistic feel, and the pride that comes from actually doing it manually, digital is just so much easier. And Photoshop, oh how i love photoshop. But a lot of colleges (at least in my area) let people work in their darkrooms for free, couldn't hurt to ask.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Nor do i ever claim to be, photography for me is just an amusing hobby done in my spare time, I in no way think of myself as the best, or anywhere near it for that mater.

I was just keeeeeedding

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I was just keeeeeedding

Sorry if i was a bit snippy, i thought i might have been sounding like a jackass earlier and wanted to make sure that the record was straight

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry if i was a bit snippy, i thought i might have been sounding like a jackass earlier and wanted to make sure that the record was straight

Aww it's okay ^^ We're all friends here~ :D *is tohru suddenly or something*

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 07:44 PM

I'm sure i would find that funny if i understood the reference.

Lumasnati
06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I wish I knew where my camera was...

And now I won't get to AMA until Saturday morning thanks to my stupid sister.

spanner
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM

YOU. GET OUT. NAO.

fatalinjection
06-13-2007, 07:48 PM
YOU. GET OUT. NAO.

>: BUT I FEEL IT IN MY HEART THAT I WANT TO BE NICE TO EVERYONE AND HOLD HANDS AS WE RUN ALONG A RAINBOW.

spanner
06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
>: BUT I FEEL IT IN MY HEART THAT I WANT TO BE NICE TO EVERYONE AND HOLD HANDS AS WE RUN ALONG A RAINBOW.

HAHAHAHA PLZ DON'T MAKE ME DRAW ANOTHER TOHRUXHITLER

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Now that is something I'd want to see.

spanner
06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Now that is something I'd want to see.

Sadly, it is something I have already done (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51463426/)

kyocs
06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Sadly, it is something I have already done (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51463426/)

cought* sorry, i just lol'ed

*hides*

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 09:29 PM

LOL. That made my evening.

spanner
06-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I aim to please

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 10:08 PM
You do good work.

the LAN warrior
06-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Does everyone else hate it SO F***ING much when they are final checking their costumes and notice mistakes and have to fix it. even if it means remaking an entire F***ING prop!

Arlette
06-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I wish I knew where my camera was...

And now I won't get to AMA until Saturday morning thanks to my stupid sister.

I won't be there until Saturday morning, either. Due to work and last minute errands. No biggie, though!

In fact, why am I here?! *sew sew sew*

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Does everyone else hate it SO F***ING much when they are final checking their costumes and notice mistakes and have to fix it. even if it means remaking an entire F***ING prop!

i hate it when that happeneds. ive spent 10+ hours making my prop and one of the sides busted from its own weight so now i gotta spend more hours reinforcing it. BLECH

and i thought my shirt for my cosplay was awsome until i looked at it again and thought "why am i wearing dishtowels halfassedly sewn together with dental floss?!" *overexagerate* but yeah i got a new one now >.>

stafffighter
06-13-2007, 11:03 PM

I know the feeling, my ANBU gloves are driving my batty. Keep having to retouch them.

bamboocactus
06-13-2007, 11:35 PM
I know the feeling, my ANBU gloves are driving my batty. Keep having to retouch them.

Hey at least you're DOING anbu Iruka! I've been planning him for like a year and it's such a simple costume that it's a crime I haven't done it yet XD Cheers to yoU!

Saxinthehall
06-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Hooray! I've kept up my tradition of waiting until the last day to work on small, easy to make*, yet important parts of the costume! LEts see if this changes into waiting until the night before or even the day of the con!

Ah lazyness, without you I'd be, I don't feel like finishing that.

*I think

bamboocactus
06-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Alright I'm headed off to bed. I'm gonna try to get on the road tomorrow 3 hours before rush hour hits since I live 2.5 hours from Richmond... blegh. I hate long drives. Better start burning some good CDs...

See you lot there!

RichmondAnimeCB
06-14-2007, 01:51 AM
I hope everyone has a safe drive. See ya tomorrow (one day left)!

dExtrosien
06-14-2007, 02:05 AM
I know the feeling. I keep thinking that I'm close to getting everything done. My costumes are just about done, but making things for my boyfriend to be Byakuya keep taking longer than I think. Still need to work quite a bit on his wig, the black robe needs some white material added and I still haven't put together his scar. It should be quiet at work tomorrow and I hope I can finish up some of the quicker things there.

Have a safe trip everyone.

I am working in the West End, next to the Sheraton where AMA3 was held. I'm looking forward to getting away a little earlier and getting over there at least by 5.

stafffighter
06-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Man,I really don't feel like going to work today. I'd rather be finishing up getting ready. Heading out Friday morning so hopefully should be in Richmond sometime mid morning or early afternoon depending on traffic.

Lumasnati
06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
GOD! I want to come today! I have been planning it for months and now I don't know if I can! Which scraps two of my costumes.. -growl- And I won't make it for the KH shoot!

Cloudy Star
06-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Well, today is the big day for me. I'm leaving around 11AM to try and avoid traffic. I can't wait ^^

And for all those concerned, here is the updated weather forecast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today: Cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms in the after noon. High 71.

Tonight: Isolated Thunderstorms in the evening with skies turning partly cloudy over night. Low 56.

Friday: Partly cloudy with a chance for a stray thunderstorm. High 78.

Saturday: Partly cloudy with a chance for a thunderstom. High 85.

Sunday: Sunny and hot. High 94.

For anyone coming to Richmond today, I'll see you there! ^_~

GeneStarwind211
06-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Well I'm ready. I'm finishing up the amv contest dvd's right now. And I'm getting together the last of the prizes. (Kabuto running around almost going crazy.)

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, once i get off work tonight i'm packing all my stuff. Then leaving in the morning after i cash my paycheck.

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I really want to come tonight but I doubt it I still need to get last minute stuff for my cosplays. I should be up by tomorrow by 2:30.

fatalinjection
06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Owlwoods and I are leaving here at about 12 tomorrow, should be up there by 2 or 3 ^_^ So excited~

Saxinthehall
06-14-2007, 12:47 PM
It's two hours before I go to work, I'm running on hardly any food, I'm still packing, and, oh yeah, still needing to work on some costumes. I'm thinking I might have to skip out on work tonight or it's going to be a very late night for me.

Gah! I still need to get a letter from my friend since I'm her agent for the art show! She's soooo dead if I don't get something from her tonight. How many weeks have gone by since I first asked for a letter?

Ah, pre-con stress. How I've missed you.

Osuwari
06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I can't wait! I'm leaving around 5-6 am tommrow hehe. Yeah I have a 4 hour drive and I want to try to beat the Bailtmore traffic so I don't hit that on my way down.

I just got everything I needed today and I just have to pack and what not. So see everyone there tommrow ^____^

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Owlwoods and I are leaving here at about 12 tomorrow, should be up there by 2 or 3 ^_^ So excited~

What you guys got planned for tonight?

fatalinjection
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
What you guys got planned for tonight?

Tonight? Thursday night?

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Sorry I cant read for obvious reasons. I thought it meant today. Please forgive me

fatalinjection
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry I cant read for obvious reasons. I thought it meant today. Please forgive me

Haha, no, it's okay, I was just confused XD Since we're not going up until Friday morning...so, we have nothing planned for tonight ^_^V

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
GAHHA! Someone say something, I'm bored and dont want to do work

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Should we have a cosplay.com forums meet and greet sometime on friday?

fatalinjection
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
That would be cool ^^

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Sometime in the evening near some sort of food-serving place?

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Maybe around 3 or something?

spanner
06-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Maybe around 3 or something?

Maybe closer to 3:30? I'm not sure what time we'll actually be getting up there. I don't wanna have to get ;__; because I missed some hang time with Tousen...

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe closer to 3:30? I'm not sure what time we'll actually be getting up there. I don't wanna have to get ;__; because I missed some hang time with Tousen...

4 o clock sound good. because I know my boss is going to give me hell tomorrow so I am going to at least try to stick around until 130 or 200 oclock.

spanner
06-14-2007, 02:37 PM
4 o clock sound good. because I know my boss is going to give me hell tomorrow so I am going to at least try to stick around until 130 or 200 oclock.

I've been goaded into going to work tomorrow as well. But w/e w/e. They can suck it.

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I've been goaded into going to work tomorrow as well. But w/e w/e. They can suck it.

Thats where I am at the moment. I want to call in sick tomorrow.

spanner
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Thats where I am at the moment. I want to call in sick tomorrow.

Saaaaaame. But I felt bad since I'll be out the next two Fridays... so I admitted defeat and said I'd come in 6:30-11:30 tomorrow.

NiceGai44
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
You sound like me. I have to be off for the Friday of AnimeNext and 3 days off for Otakon. I cant afford anymore days off unless I want to lose my job.

fatalinjection
06-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Sounds good to me. Where do you guys wanna meet? I guess we can hang around for an hour and then go to the bleach meet-up at 5 :P

spanner
06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
You sound like me. I have to be off for the Friday of AnimeNext and 3 days off for Otakon. I cant afford anymore days off unless I want to lose my job.

Thankfully, my next two Fridays are vacation time, so it's not sooooo bad.

Nekko
06-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I am at work right now... But I have the next three days off.

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I am at work right now... But I have the next three days off.

Same here.

Lumasnati
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
C'mon guys! Hurry up and get here! :3 We're waiting! -is at the Marriot!-

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
WOOOOOOOO!!! Only one more hour of work before i get off for the weekend!

FancyFace
06-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm about to head off to work in the next hour. Then I'm hitching a ride w/a friend and I'm so there. I can't wait... I just hoped we're not packed... Well, if we are, the hours will fly by...

spanner
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Alright wish me luck I can find the stupid orange sweater. Yesss last minute costuming.... n__n

stafffighter
06-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Just got off work an hour ago. Doing some last minute packing and tweaking.

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
So is there going to be a Cosplay.Com forum meet and greet? I know it was discussed earlier, but it didn't seem to come into fruition.

stafffighter
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Not that I know of..:confused:

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
well there should be.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-14-2007, 08:44 PM
i will be getting there around 3 tomorow

its only a 40 minute drive for me and my friends : D

spanner
06-14-2007, 08:48 PM
4 o'clock seemed to be the time... I have no clue as to where it will take place. I don't know what's around

fatalinjection
06-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Maybe make a new thread if you wanna organize one, LAN...

the LAN warrior
06-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I just might do that.

Kaoshima
06-16-2007, 08:01 AM
my first time driving to a con... Richmond was a bitch to navigate -_- I hate my hometown...