PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.R.S. emblem for your Resident Evil cos-play

JoeBoeing
04-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Greetings all,

My mom just made the S.T.A.R.S. emblem ready for resizing and printing for your RE cos-play and I uploaded it to my site:

http://www.geocities.com/nekojinkun/Cosplay/STARSEmblem.html

I'm planning a S.T.A.R.S. costume and need a couple idea on how to print this out and sew it onto my S.T.A.R.S. shirt when I make one.

I have an HP psc 2210 all-in-one

Sorry, I know that there is already a RE cos-play thread but this could be of some good help and I didn't want it to get lost in a series of posts.

FRom,
Joe

megumibish
04-27-2003, 07:07 PM
If the S.T.A.R.S. emblem doesn't need to last forever, you can use that t-shirt transfer sheets. Print it and iron it on. However it fades like heck after 2 washings. For my bro's Chris Redfield costume I actually painted the emblem onto a white t-shirt with acrylic. I looked great and the staff at EB thought it was an official badge on each side of his shirt. Only problem is acrylic can't be painted over dry acrylic if you want it to be permenent. The top paint will just flake off in the wash. Or you gotta work the painted sections when it's totally wet. *doesn't work for different colors, just when blending*
What I'm doing for my bro's Leon Kennedy badges this year is I'm going to paint the RPD logos onto foam boards and velcro them onto the uniform. Should alleviate the pain of having my hard work flake off in the end.

JoeBoeing
04-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Greetings again,

How would this work to put the emblem on?

put velcro on the arm of the sleves and print the emblem on a a pience of iron on paper and iron it onto 2 peinces of matching blue pieces of fabric and sew the other velcro side onto the piece of fabric with the emblem?

Then you could stick the fabric emblem on the shirt and remove it before going into the wash.

Would this work?

FRom,
Joe

megumibish
04-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Yeah that'd work. Nifty Idea. I suggest sewing the velcro on the little matching blue pieces first before ironing on the Pic/transfer. Sew the fuzzy side of the velcro to the loose pieces and the hook side of the velcro to the outfit itself so you don't melt the hooks accidently while ironing the loose pieces. Hope to see pics when it's done.

Hotaru
04-28-2003, 01:40 PM
you could always buy a badge! i got one at a comic store for like...fifteen bucks. it comes with a chain and leather backing, and also a pin in the back. try to find that on ebay or something, i'm sure you can.

JoeBoeing
04-28-2003, 04:19 PM
I have the metal S.T.A.R.S. badge w/ leather backing and chain but I need one for the emblem on their sleaves.

FRom,
Joe

gunplay
04-28-2003, 08:01 PM
There are websites that make custom shirts, where you can design a shirt and they'll make it. They mostly do the front and the back of a shirt, I don't know if they do sleeves or not.

Mako-san
04-28-2003, 08:36 PM
mm well for my jill cosplay my friend made one for me and she used those ah sheet of felt squares and got yellow felt too and then used a paint pen and write out the letters and lines and such, then glued the stars on there in the middle, it looks really good!! She then used this type of glue that when its cured it sticks on anything esp fabric! I've been trying to find the glue but can't find it anywhere and now I can't remember the name of it >_< But those felt squares worked out great!

Hotaru
04-29-2003, 07:40 PM
hm. i guess felt would work but you'd have to have a steady hand for the felt paint...fabric paint i mean. i used felt to make my orange star HS patch for me videl costume. someone at otakon just printed one, stuck it on some cardboard and taped it to the shirt. :rolleyes: if you're gonna make a costume, do it right!

keloidmilk
05-03-2003, 11:26 AM
A friend of mine had about 100 real patches made back when he did RE cosplay, and he still sells them. He usually has them up on ebay, but you can also email him. They look really incredible, and have all the details.

His email is ninjatech@nyc.rr.com if anyone is interested ... I also have a picture of him in cosplay with the patch, which is good and visable but not very close up.

Good luck! =)