PDA

View Full Version : Tekken?

Jun_Kazama
04-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Are there any other tekken cosplayers here? I was just curious. Its one of my fave games and 5 out of my 8 costumes have been tekken characters. I'm also planning a Jin costume for Acen this year.
So yeah, I was just wondering. :o

kelldar
04-27-2003, 06:45 PM
yeah! my friend and I did Ling Xiaoyu's 1P and 2P costumes for animazement last year... at some point this year I'm going to do a nina costume ^^

Jinx
04-28-2003, 01:53 AM
I'm planning on doing Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken 4 (her pantsuit) and my fiance WAS going to be Jin, but the punk decided he can't go to our one vacation a year. Yeesh. My brother will be Martial Law, and my niece will be Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken 3. ^-^

soshi
04-28-2003, 01:04 PM
I've got a half-finished Anna costume, but it looks like I'm gonna have to put it off to finish some required group costumes. x_o

Jun_Kazama
04-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Coolz. I think Ling is the character I've seen people dressed as the most. I guess she's pretty popular ^_^.

soshi- Ahh too bad about putting the costume on hold. Which outfit were you doing?

I've done two Hwoarangs, Steve Fox, Unknown, and Jun Kazama.

maikaeirn
04-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Neh, i might go as Jun. It doesn't take that much work to cosplay as her...
... simple outfit. *sigh* It all depends on if my friends finish their outfits. If not, then i don't think i will anymore. I was only doing it because we felt like doing a Tekken chic group one random week night.

Hikaru
05-03-2003, 10:56 AM
I've made a Michelle Chang costume (it was so ghetto!) and I'm planning to do a Ling Xiaoyu costume sometime in my life.

DeathCom
05-03-2003, 01:35 PM
kell, which of Nina's costumes were you planning on doing? Nina gets cosplayed so rarely, its great to see more interested in her!

I have a few pics of her Tekken 4 costumes at my site already, but if you need additional images, Im sure I can grab a few more :)

DeathCom Multimedia (http://members.aol.com/deathcom5/) Click on "Costume Screen Shots"

-DeathCom

Ryukku
05-04-2003, 11:27 AM
YUPZ!! I've cosplayed Ling Xiaoyu's school uniform from Tekken 3, Tekken TT, Tekken 4 ^^ I haven't uploaded or even taken any pictures of the costume, because my Digital Camera is broken right now, so I got to fix it sometimes (right now I'm too lazy to do that) ^^;;;;;

kelldar
05-04-2003, 12:50 PM
At first I was going to do her black leather pants/burgundy vest one, because I figured that would be easy, but now I'm thinking I'd like to do her purple one, because I found a place that carries a purple bodysuit. (besides purple is my fav colour :D)

there should be more tekken cosplayers all around! XD

Mouse
05-04-2003, 03:54 PM
There's this girl at my school who looks exactly like Ling Xiaoyu.. o_o I wonder if she cosplays. (Oddly enough, there are other people at my school who do.) I would love to do a Christie Monteiro cosplay some day (her purple outfit..), I love her pants, but I know I'd never be able to walk around and be comfortable wearing that little. Eeee.

TomoeHotaru
05-04-2003, 04:36 PM
I am planning a Ling Xiaoyu Cos from Tekken 3 and a friend of my will make a Hwoarang Cos ^__^

Psychotic Jei
05-04-2003, 08:01 PM
I've been meaning to make a Tekken costume...I just can never decide who...I kinda want to do the Jin costume from T4 the hoodie one. But..no time.

dita
05-05-2003, 01:39 PM
haha seems like everyone wants to do ling xiaoyu... I'm actually planning on it myself since I'm having a hard time finding a character to cosplay that has got a hairstyle similair to mine (black curly) but I've got black stragiht-haired fake ponytails so.. =P

Arc_The_Lad
05-06-2003, 12:06 PM
I'm going to try to do Hwoarang (spelling) from tekken 3, the one without chaps and goggles.

Vinya
05-06-2003, 01:53 PM
YEs! I have done the Mishima Polytechnical High School Uniform. :D It's in mah gallery. I wish there was more Tekken cosplay, since some of the outfits are really cool!

DeathCom
05-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Kell: Cool, if you need any pics of that costume, I'll hook you up. Thats probably my second favorite Nina costume, and I think it has only been done once in the US to my knowledge. Also, in Tekken Tag there is a version in red with silver hair too.

Arc_The_Lad: I think the costume your looking at also comes in blue as seen in Tekken Tag. If you need pics, Ill see what I can do.

-DeathCom

Gothic_Lulu
05-13-2003, 09:38 PM
I am planning on doing an Unknown cosplay from Tekken Tag...the mangled white dress one ^__^

Vashu
05-14-2003, 11:39 AM
i'll be cosplaying Mokujin in july and it looks like a friend of mine is doing Nina, if i'm not mistaken

RyanW
05-23-2003, 06:14 PM
I've done Hwoarang in his Mishima Polytech uniform, and I've done Violet.

Boo to everyone who does Xiaoyu, it's overdone. :\

Give Nina or Julia some love.

Allia
05-24-2003, 01:08 PM
I might try to do female versions of Jin and Hwoarang in the near future. I'm still making sketchs for them. Do you think this would be a good idea? I thought it would be cool but do you think people would be mad at me for using creativity in this way?

RyanW
05-25-2003, 02:07 AM
No way. Creativity is what it's all about. How many hundreds of people have done Jin or Bob before? Besides, I personally know of at least two girls who have done excellent male Tekken costumes. Luckily for me, I picked Violet. Not only will no one ever do him, but he might as well be female and male at the same time.

No confusion there!

ChicoChan
05-26-2003, 12:32 AM
YAAAAAAAAAH ^_^ I love tekken! one of my first costumes was julia chang!
waaaooooooooo I wanna do xiaoyu sometime....
I kick ass in that game XD

Jun_Kazama
05-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Allia
I might try to do female versions of Jin and Hwoarang in the near future. I'm still making sketchs for them. Do you think this would be a good idea? I thought it would be cool but do you think people would be mad at me for using creativity in this way?

I don't see why ppl would be mad about it. I've done male tekken costumes and I'm female and most people thought it was pretty cool so I say go for it ^_~.

Anyways, I'm still hoping my next tekken girl costume is Julia in her green outfit from Teken 4. I've started working out and stuff for it. Maybe by next year I'll be in shape enough to actually pull it off ^_^".
I really wish I could do more tekken costumes but I don't have enough cons to go to to do them all. I'd like to try an Eddy Gordo from TTT one of these days. And maybe another Jin. I love tekken, Its definatly my fave fighting game, I'm such a freak:p

Faily
05-26-2003, 11:12 AM
I've been thinking of making Jun's 3rd costume from TTT, but so far it's still just a thought...

But once I finish some of the costumes I really want to make, Jun is next. ;)

Jun_Kazama
05-28-2003, 11:00 PM
I finally got my Hwoarang pics up in my gallery. The full body shot is kinda small cuz I had to shrink it down to get it uploaded though >_<.

Pincer
06-07-2003, 02:10 PM
I do the King outfit that has been seen at A-Kon for the past three years. It was at AnimeFEST 2002 that I did a brand new mask and the Tekken 3 player one costume (purple spandex and yellow boots). If anyone was at A-Kon 14 this year you saw it! With a few mods, like new eyeballs, more whiskers, more pointy ears, and a few pounds dropped off of my torso. **lol**

Also one of my closest friends does the Julia Chang player 2 costume from Tekken 3 (red shirt with cow headband)!!

I've also done the Tekken 2 costumes, both outfits if anyone's interested. But I refuse to do the Tekken 4 ones!! I was very disappointed on those!

And for future plans, going for the player 2 Tekken 3 costume (Armor King's mask) and going to attempt the full Armor King costume.

Arc_The_Lad
06-07-2003, 08:14 PM
i'm thinking about doing Lee with his blue sleavless shirt now. Also i got a friend who would make a good Steve Fox but he won't do it, bastard.

Ryukku
06-09-2003, 11:11 AM
I've cosplayed Ling Xiaoyu's school uniform. But sorry I haven't got taken any piccys yet, cause our digital camera is still broken, and got to fix the cable... ^_^;;; But I will upload some asap

Pincer
06-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Got a question concerning Armor King's armor. Is it better to do a vacuuform mold for it or do something else like using two liter soda bottles and mold those instead? (this is reference to the Boomer outfit seen at AX a year or so ago and that's how that guy did that costume)

I'm trying to keep my costs down and I want the armor portions to last quite sometime. Any ideas on this?