PDA

View Full Version : CLAMP at AF '07

thefinal
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Anyone going as any CLAMP characters? I finished most of my Villetta Nu from Code Geass for A-kon and I'll be making minor adjustments and revisions for AF and would like to get enough people to try to do another photoshoot/gathering? I know the one at A-kon was a little small but even if it's only about 5 people - anyone else interested?

Edit

We will have TWO CLAMP Photoshoots!

Location will be the same for both: we will meet at the fountain on the hotel entrance level, which is across from check-in and in between the escalators and cafe

Friday: 5pm
Saturday: 12pm

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I missed the one at A-Kon, so I'll definitely try to make it to this one!!

I'll have my Girly Mokona finished for AX, so that's what I shall bring! ^_^

Inuyasha_Kun
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I will be going as Sumomo! I missed the one at A-kon sadly, so I will be trying to make the one at AnimeFest!

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Going as Sakura Kinomoto from CCS, in the Watery battle outfit & the Magic Knights from Magic Knight Rayearth

thefinal
06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
No worries about missing the one at A-kon - I think I might've confused people with changing the location so I think there was only 5 or 6 of us total at A-kon :/

Honey Usagi-chi
06-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh, my friends are coming too xD Meilin & Tomoyo for CCS and Umi & Fuu for MKR shall be attending as well. What day will this photoshoot be held by the way? xD

thefinal
06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Photoshoot will probably be held on the Friday later in the evening. I'm going to wait until I figure out what my schedule is right now. But it will be either Friday or Saturday sometime

Arei
06-11-2007, 07:11 PM
If I can complete Fye in some form or fashion Ill have him...Im thinking of doing an art book version..but cant decide. D:

Gidget
06-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I should have Tsubasa Sakura done by then. And I might have a few friends as other characters from the series if they get them done in time. However, a Friday shoot won't work for us. We won't get there, due to both work and stage class, until around midnight on Friday. However, anytime the next three days would be awesome.

thefinal
06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I guess I will try to shoot for an afternoon Saturday shoot then? I work mornings at the con and end up staying pretty occupied but this time I think I might have a walkie talkie so I can make it to more events and they can page me if I'm needed XD It's still a little early to plan too terribly much because a lot of my time is taken up by dealer's room chaos.

Anna
06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry about missing the A-kon one. I found out the day before that I had to start my security work at 8 XD . I'm bringing Sakura again for Anime FEST.

Kikala
06-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I think one of my friends will be doing Chii... I'm not for certain what I'll have. I still haven't figured out all my cosplays... >.>

benihime
06-11-2007, 11:51 PM
saturday is a REALLY bad day. there's going to be like 3 bleach shoots that day D:

i'll have watanuki done! (hopefully) complete with apron and hair cover :D

thefinal
06-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Well then, I guess I'll shoot for Sunday afternoon - any objections?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
What time? Cause we'll be leaving around 1-ish, Sunday's really bad for me X_X

thefinal
06-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Lol. Sheezneet - I'm just going to post a poll then because everything seems to be conflicting...

Kuragiman
06-12-2007, 07:21 AM
I will definitely want to be here to shoot this gathering. I am a huge fan of CLAMP's work and it's a nice contrasting difference to Naruto and Bleach. From what I've seen, it looks like everyone wants Saturday afternoon slots for their groups so this may not be a good time. I guess Saturday between 12 and 4 is consider Prime Time? :D

Honey Usagi-chi
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Okay, after MUCH deliberating, I'd like to change my vote to Saturday afternoon, if it can't be changed, sorry xD

thefinal
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Honey: I'll just make sure to remember that you wanted to change your vote, but I don't know how to re-set the poll or even if it's possible

Honey Usagi-chi
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Honey: I'll just make sure to remember that you wanted to change your vote, but I don't know how to re-set the poll or even if it's possible
Okay, but thanks much! Sorry for my ineptness for decisions X_x;

thefinal
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Hahaha, it's no problem. I'm not voting 'cause I don't feel I should ><;; so hopefully everyone else will vote and that will give us a day. The only thing I will have to figure out later will be the exact time.

benihime
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
well if its on saturday 12-4 i wont be there. sorry guys.... bleach dominates saturday

thefinal
06-13-2007, 12:56 AM
We need more votes guys...

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 04:39 PM
I know it's a bit early, but I think a good location is the hotel lobby, in front of the humongo fountain. It's beautiful, and provides a nice background :]

thefinal
06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Honey: You read my mind - lol. I was anticipating having it there or somewhere on the 2nd floor of the hotel/ "3rd" floor. I guess we can go ahead and plan for the location, it's just the time that can't be quite planned yet.

thefinal
06-13-2007, 05:13 PM
PS GUYS - I think what I'll do since the votes are so-so, we will have one shoot on Friday and one shoot on Saturday, just to be fair k? Is this a feasible idea? If not, do any of you have another suggestion?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Honey: You read my mind - lol. I was anticipating having it there or somewhere on the 2nd floor of the hotel/ "3rd" floor. I guess we can go ahead and plan for the location, it's just the time that can't be quite planned yet.
Hey, what can I say? I have ESP ;D *Just kidding*

PS GUYS - I think what I'll do since the votes are so-so, we will have one shoot on Friday and one shoot on Saturday, just to be fair k? Is this a feasible idea? If not, do any of you have another suggestion?
That's a good idea! Since we're doing 2 different clamps, that'll save us alot of labor at bringing them all at once. We're doing CCS Friday and MKR Saturday :] As for the time...hopefully that'll come in soon enough X-x;;

Katie-chan
06-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, with me, most likely be all Sakura costumes because that is really all I have. I might do Bell for a little bit but with no Snuf comic there I feel kind of lame going as a simple OC.

I really would love to get a sperate Cardcaptor Shoot going as we have many of those and I know those who do the cards have to almost set aside the whole day to do the costume.

thefinal
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe we should try to set the CCS shoot with the CLAMP, as in, CCS people meet at the CLAMP shoot so that way you have them all rounded up and then afterwards you can have the CCS shoot?

Katie-chan
06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, I was hopping to do my Tsubasa:Sakura to the CLAMP photo shoot and CCS another day. I really can't do a different costume if both shoots are right on tip of each other.

thefinal
06-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Katie-chan: That's fine - feel free to set up a CCS photoshoot. I'll just have the same purple uniform I had at A-kon (except this time fully completed). I think I'll still set up a shoot though for both days though just so both small groups can meet up -shrugs- But can't wait to see you again - will your friend be along with you?

Katie-chan
06-16-2007, 01:55 PM
My friend and I will both be there. I'm living with her at the moment. With all hopes she will have her Yuuko outfit done. I will hopefully have Kairi KH2 fixed and that will most likely be my only none Sakura outfit. Unless I bring Bell back out.

thefinal
06-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't have any CCS ones as of yet but eventually I'd like to do Ruby Moon -nods- Then again, there's so many other cosplays I need to get done by AF and then I still have a list of others for my cons next year ~.~;; I need to organize my cosplays better - lol.

thefinal
06-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Friday around 6:30p and Saturday at 2p? Does this work for everyone?

Edit: Saturday looks like it will have to be 12p...or 1p...

benihime
06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
we're doing a bleach school shoot on friday so i dont know what time that will be... before 6:30 would work for me. but if i can't make it, i can't make it.. i'll still be watanuki almost all day

Honey Usagi-chi
06-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Well I know I'm doing CCS with my Meilin and Tomoyo Friday, as for Saturday when tons more people attend conventions, especially doing CCS for the photoshoot, I'd do a quick change but my friends probably won't unless I store their costumes for them at the hotel ^^;. But, we will be doing CLAMP both days so this could work :]

Honey Usagi-chi
06-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I know those who do the cards have to almost set aside the whole day to do the costume.
Me lost X_X

thefinal
06-19-2007, 11:22 AM
The ones that do the cards are extremely intricate costumes, usually require elaborate cosplays or sometimes, bodysuits/bodypainting, etc...and I think that's what she meant. At least, that's what I inferred it as.

Honey Usagi-chi
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
The ones that do the cards are extremely intricate costumes, usually require elaborate cosplays or sometimes, bodysuits/bodypainting, etc...and I think that's what she meant. At least, that's what I inferred it as.
Ahhh, I get it. That is true, though. Well, I'll talk it out with my group and I know we'll be there for at least 1 of the days of the photoshoot for CCS! :]

thefinal
06-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Okay guys: Friday's will be at 5pm

Saturday's will be at 12p

Both shoots will meet up at the fountain next to the cafe and elevators on the hotel level.

Most everyone game?

Honey Usagi-chi
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm game! I also have a question. For the CCS photoshoot, should I bring my Cardcaptors game? I still haven't used it, but we could get some nice shots of the CCS people attempting to play it (This'd be a good idea for Meilins & Tomoyos to have a little more interaction with other characters)

thefinal
06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I would ask Katie-chan since she's the one wanting to set up a CCS shoot

Honey Usagi-chi
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Okay, Katie-chan, the question's directed towards you! *points above*

Katie-chan
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
:sweat drops: Oh, sorry about that. -hits self- I should have kept up better. I was thinking of starting a new thread for the CCS and we could decide what to do then. I'm still muddling over what I'll be for AnimeFest, so its iffy at the moment. I was waiting for the Clamp ones to be decided because I think thefinal is right, and I would just do it before one of the Clamp shoots.

benihime
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
friday at 5 sounds great to me XD i'll be there!!!!

JumpKing
07-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Should I bring my Seishirou costume? Anyone else doing X/ Tokyo Babylon?

Honey Usagi-chi
08-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Poopie, an update from me! xD Firstly, I'll be going as Hikaru from MKR with my Fuu, and it'll be a quick costume change into Sakura from CCS and probably only have my Tomoyo with me ^^; I'll do my best to attend the 5pm Friday shoot, which might work considering we live close by ^_^ I just can't wager out of school early because Senshihoshiko's little brother would rather die than skip Academic Decathlon >_<;

Can't wait till the con!

benihime
08-12-2007, 11:44 PM
sigh since i would have 3 photoshoots to go to on friday (holy crap) i might not have watanuki. since i'd pretty much only wear him for 2 hours. but i dont know. it all depends... sigh

Honey Usagi-chi
09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I missed Friday's shoot, so I went Saturday and nobody was there! Halp pleex?

thefinal
09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Nobody showed on Friday, I waited a good 5 minutes or more, as for Saturday, I was stuck in the Dealer's Room

Katie-chan
09-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm sorry I missed the photo shoots. On friday we kept asking ourselves -my group- what there was to do. And at 6 it dawned on me that I miss the gathering. Saturday I had a desperate need to locate my things so things turned in to a mess. I hope everyone still had fun at the convention.