PDA

View Full Version : AC Cubed 2007

Pages : [1] 2

Dahvie-Chan
06-11-2007, 08:39 PM
As most of you know, AC Cubed is closer then you think, counting from now, it's only 5 months away! Last year was really fun. Since they don't have the info yet, what are your thoughts on what might be happening this year?
What do you plan on cosplaying this year? Plan on having a cosplay photoshoot? What cosplays do you want to see this year? Excited to meet up with people from last years cons? Plan on inviting anyone from other areas (Ex: Toronto).
An awesome thing about AC3 this year is that it's going to be 3 days long instead of 2! Which is totally awesome.
I definately plan on going since I won a free registration at the SOAP party. :]
For those who haven't looked yet on the website, it's being held at the Hampton Inn in St. Laurent. So its closer for all those who live in the boonies XD such as myself.
I can't wait. I'm still debating on which cosplays I want to do. But if you post what you will be cosplaying as

And here's the website: www.ac-cubed.ca

Northern
06-11-2007, 09:17 PM
HeH, I will deffinatly be coming to AC3 this year, and yes, I am from Toronto. Havent decided what I will be cosplaying yet, but tentatively one of my costumes will be Yue from CardCaptor Sakura.

Dahvie-Chan
06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Awesome, Yue is one of my favs from Cardcaptors, and Eli

~ Toxic 911 ~
06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
This con takes place in ottawa corret? Iv'e heard of it but no next to nothing about it XD So don't mind me.

The*Fallen*One*
06-12-2007, 07:05 AM
I will be attending this year, as I always do! As for cosplaying, I will be attending the con as Edward Elric on Friday and Saturday, and as Wallmarket Cloud on Sunday.

Vicky Janelle
06-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm going to be there again.
Cosplaying as Danny Phantom and Princess Peach from Super Mario Bros.

Dahvie-Chan
06-12-2007, 12:20 PM
This con takes place in ottawa corret? Iv'e heard of it but no next to nothing about it XD So don't mind me.

Yep, it is in Ottawa
But it's being held in St Laurent in the Hampton Inn. :]

Northern
06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Awesome, Yue is one of my favs from Cardcaptors, and Eli

Its going to be fun, but I think Ill need a truck to get the costume up there, lol, the wings are going to be huge!

jusdepomme
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll be going again this year. I'll be Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicles and if I have the time, I'll do Meroko too from Fullmoon wo Sagashite

masteva
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I most definitly plan to attend this (missed Anime North because of moving and lack of funds grrrrrrrr) but I still haven't chosen what I will cosplay yet. Still debating on using my one time FFVII Cid outfit (spear needs some more work) or creating something new. Looking at maybe Garrett from "Thief" games or something else that doesn't require a lot of sewing since I am rather new to this.

Dahvie-Chan
06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I most definitly plan to attend this (missed Anime North because of moving and lack of funds grrrrrrrr) but I still haven't chosen what I will cosplay yet. Still debating on using my one time FFVII Cid outfit (spear needs some more work) or creating something new. Looking at maybe Garrett from "Thief" games or something else that doesn't require a lot of sewing since I am rather new to this.

ooo I've played quite a bit of Thief 2
Pretty good game, very difficult (I think XD) Love it though

Dahvie-Chan
06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Its going to be fun, but I think Ill need a truck to get the costume up there, lol, the wings are going to be huge!

lol, nice, can't wait to see em. I love wings.

Yukinosama
06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Which weekend is it? I'll probably (finally) go this year. I was going to go the first year but.. change of plans. As for cosplay, I'm not sure which one I'll wear yet...

Dahvie-Chan
06-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Its the first week I do believe

Yukinosama
06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
AW NO!!!! Damn, I have to go to a teachers' conference *hangs head in disappointment* And I was all ready to go. Maybe there's still hope... I hope...

Kimmy
06-13-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm definitely going this year! I'm still not sure who I'll cosplay though. Perhaps Shuurei from Saiunkoku Monogatari or Romeo from Romeo x Juliet...

masteva
06-13-2007, 07:11 AM
ooo I've played quite a bit of Thief 2
Pretty good game, very difficult (I think XD) Love it though

The hard part is going to be finding the cheap leather I will need and making the mechanical looking eye I think, but I do have until November so I should have enough time to put it together.

Dahvie-Chan
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
The hard part is going to be finding the cheap leather I will need and making the mechanical looking eye I think, but I do have until November so I should have enough time to put it together.

yeah, the mechanical eye, that might be tricky. What do you think you shold make it out of?

Lanna_Waterdrop
06-14-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm cosplaying as Chichiri (Fushigi Yuugi), Dante (Devil may cry 2) and Axel (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Jerseymilk
06-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Anyone who has questions regarding AC3 can find them here:
http://www.ac-cubed.ca/

I'm greatly looking forward to it of course and as for my cosplays, anyone who's curious just has to look at my signature below. XD

masteva
06-14-2007, 07:31 AM
yeah, the mechanical eye, that might be tricky. What do you think you shold make it out of?

I'm debating a few ideas and plan to run the eye by the rest of the cosplay.com community soon, but so far I think I will need to get an eye patch of some sort, and either paint it bright green or attempt to build an eye with a green LED in it to give it a really eerie effect from under the hood.

Dahvie-Chan
06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm debating a few ideas and plan to run the eye by the rest of the cosplay.com community soon, but so far I think I will need to get an eye patch of some sort, and either paint it bright green or attempt to build an eye with a green LED in it to give it a really eerie effect from under the hood.

oo that'd be cool

I wanna play the game again XD

jusdepomme
07-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I've changed my mind. I will no longer be Meroko but Wind Pretear instead. I might invert the day I'm wearing each one also

masteva
07-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Well Garret is out. It's just a bit beyond my current skill just now. I would have to sew a completely new outfit. Just couldn't piece him together. I am still looking at one of the FFT job classes (chemist in particular) or Orlandu (T.G. Cid) if I want to attempt some armor. I really should look into an actual anime character though, but I just can't think of any I have watched that have distinguishing outfits >.<

DJ_Izumi
07-13-2007, 02:16 AM
For those of you interested, this year the masquerade event green room will feature a closed circut TV feed from the main events room so you can clearly see what's going on when you're not in the room.

Infact we will have 4-5 displays set up around the convention, plus a projector in our 'Cosplay Cafe' that serves food, showing live streaming video directly from the main events room. After hours we'll even re-stream the video and time shift our events for those that may have missed them earlier. There are also plans to hopefully expand this in 2008 to offer many more features.

Lanna_Waterdrop
07-13-2007, 05:06 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Make sure to look out. There will be a wedding/skit going on somewhere in the hotel or outside of it. It looks like two special redheads will be traiding vowes, and no doubt SOMETHING is going to end up going wrong here.

Jerseymilk
07-13-2007, 05:57 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Make sure to look out. There will be a wedding/skit going on somewhere in the hotel or outside of it. It looks like two special redheads will be traiding vowes, and no doubt SOMETHING is going to end up going wrong here.

*snickers and then runs off with the rings on a cushion to hide in a safe place until the con* XP

The*Fallen*One*
07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
*snickers and then runs off with the rings on a cushion to hide in a safe place until the con* XP

*quickly transmutes a few fake rings to help throw them off the trail of the real ones, placing them everywhere around the city*

masteva
07-13-2007, 08:08 AM

*Takes the real rings from Jerseymilk and flies off with them in the Shera*

Jerseymilk
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
*Takes the real rings from Jerseymilk and flies off with them in the Shera*

Just make sure you bring them back safely to me the day of the con! I'm supposed to be the wedding's ring bearer! XP

Ryocha
07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I'll DEFINATELY be back there again for a third year! <3 Most likely I'll be cosplaying Amiboshi from Fushigi Yuugi (if you spotted me at AN07, drop me a PM!), Hei from Darker than Black and Train Heartnet from Black Cat.

*waves*

Dahvie-Chan
07-13-2007, 08:28 PM

Can I be the Priest/Father/Dude XD?

EgnirysFaye
07-13-2007, 10:48 PM
I haven't been able to go the last times, but for sure this year ^_^ (Finally)

Not sure whom though, probably just a white lolita, or maybe as Sanzo or Astaroth XD; Depends on who wants to see what.

The*Fallen*One*
07-14-2007, 07:12 AM

Hmm... well..you know... I am a certified priest, I am able to perform true weddings, funerals, baptisms, take confessions.... Heh, though I know that this is all a skit...I could make it legal...

Ryocha
07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Dibs on being the flower girl! :crylaugh:

Lanna_Waterdrop
07-14-2007, 12:46 PM
xD We already have a priest and flower girl. But maybe Marluxia can be my maid of Honor? XD

Ryocha
07-14-2007, 12:59 PM
xD We already have a priest and flower girl. But maybe Marluxia can be my maid of Honor? XD
OH HO, A MAID YOU SAY?

...Yeah, I think I need to do some costume planning then for this. 8D

Cloudgurl
07-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Im going to be going to Uottawa in the fall so I might as well drag myself to the convention :)

Im from Toronto, and I hope Ottawa isnt too confusing lol I have no idea were the hotel is.

Ryocha
07-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Im going to be going to Uottawa in the fall so I might as well drag myself to the convention :)

Im from Toronto, and I hope Ottawa isnt too confusing lol I have no idea were the hotel is.

AC Cubed is a fun little con that's slowly expanding, but not so huge that you still retain that feeling of a community within. I still prefer it over AN since there's less crowds and it's close by to my house. The Hampton Inn that it's taking place at is pretty big (and still expanding!) and has a lot of landmarks near it to make it easy to find.

The three that I can think of are that it's right beside the Lynx Baseball Stadium, across the street from the huge RCMP Headquarters and a two-minute drive away from St. Laurent Mall and the train station. The road for it escapes me, though. x__x I think it's the Vanier Parkway though.

Hope that helps!

Dahvie-Chan
07-14-2007, 07:43 PM
What spots need to be filled? XD best man? parents? ring bearer? Brides Maid XD???

Dahvie-Chan
07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
AC Cubed is a fun little con that's slowly expanding, but not so huge that you still retain that feeling of a community within. I still prefer it over AN since there's less crowds and it's close by to my house. The Hampton Inn that it's taking place at is pretty big (and still expanding!) and has a lot of landmarks near it to make it easy to find.

The three that I can think of are that it's right beside the Lynx Baseball Stadium, across the street from the huge RCMP Headquarters and a two-minute drive away from St. Laurent Mall and the train station. The road for it escapes me, though. x__x I think it's the Vanier Parkway though.

Hope that helps!

My parents stayed at the Hampton Inn once and they said its a veeery nice

Ryocha
07-14-2007, 07:48 PM
My parents stayed at the Hampton Inn once and they said its a veeery nice
I've heard good things about it too. Not to mention that it's going to be expanding in the next few years so we'll probably be staying there for atleast a year or two depending on how things go. x3

That, and it's a ten-minute drive from my house. Can't pass up that opportunity, can I? ;P

Skyetaru
07-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Horray for another year of Ac Cubed!

I'll be there for sure, probably as Robin from Teen Titans on the first day and Franziska Von Karma from Phoenix Wright on the second day :)

Dahvie-Chan
07-17-2007, 01:37 PM
The AC Cubed Website is now in Full Launch!!!!!

Dahvie-Chan
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I've heard good things about it too. Not to mention that it's going to be expanding in the next few years so we'll probably be staying there for atleast a year or two depending on how things go. x3

That, and it's a ten-minute drive from my house. Can't pass up that opportunity, can I? ;P

nice nice. I wish I lived that close to it XD
I might be staying in the hotel or something.. If I have the money.

trixyloupwolf
07-17-2007, 03:34 PM
aww hope to come ^^;;

if i can find a lift there i might go ^^

yeah! new convention maybe ^^ someday ^^

DJ_Izumi
07-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Actually... Hampton Inn is really the only convention space in Ottawa that's 'large enough' to hold AC Cubed, with the hotel's planned expansion that'll increase it's size by like 200% it'll also likely REMAIN the only place big enough for AC Cubed. :)

Ryocha
07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Actually... Hampton Inn is really the only convention space in Ottawa that's 'large enough' to hold AC Cubed, with the hotel's planned expansion that'll increase it's size by like 200% it'll also likely REMAIN the only place big enough for AC Cubed. :)

Yeah, and that's a shame really. I wish we had bigger buildings to accomodate these mass gatherings but I'm glad regardless that it's in a place this year that'll be BIGGER than last year. It was horrid getting through those hallways sometimes. D:

DJ_Izumi
07-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Well, there certianly are larger places, ya know like the Statiums and stuff, but those only offer raw open space. Only good for trade shows and the like, you certianly couldn't have an anime convention in Scotia Bank Place, unless it was just one GIANT dealers room and NOTHING else. (No, AC Cubed will probably NEVER be at Scotia Bank Place. :P)

But Hampton Inn is georgious and vary spacious. I'm eager to be doing AC Cubed there. :)

Blade Tiger
07-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Have there been any updated references of Ota and Awa for the art contest page on the AC^3 website? I remember there were reference pictures there last year but no sign of them since the site redesign.

Jerseymilk
07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm really anxious to know when we can start to book reservations with the hotel. Going by last year, that should have been available by now. :/

Kirlata
07-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Yay AC3! I'm glad it's at a bigger place this year. Me and my friend are probably going to do either a Trey and Ren cosplay from Shamanking or Yoh and Zeke from shamanking. We just need to know regocnizeable, or the one people would like more. It'd be nice to know your opinions

ky--Ice--
07-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Have there been any updated references of Ota and Awa for the art contest page on the AC^3 website? I remember there were reference pictures there last year but no sign of them since the site redesign.

Was the site redesighned after Anime North? If not, it's the same Ota (The guy, right? XD), because there's an add in the Anime North guide-thing.
however it is from '06, but still.

No idea on Awa. On the site she's like a robot thing...

Dahvie-Chan
07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Yay AC3! I'm glad it's at a bigger place this year. Me and my friend are probably going to do either a Trey and Ren cosplay from Shamanking or Yoh and Zeke from shamanking. We just need to know regocnizeable, or the one people would like more. It'd be nice to know your opinions

Oh that'd be so awesome, I love Shaman King!

ky--Ice--
07-21-2007, 11:06 PM
okay, reply to Kirlata: yeah, we have a habbit of doing this... usually I change costume at the last moment XD.
We're stuck between Hao (myself) and Yoh (Kirlata) or Horo (Kirlata) and Ren (myself). What would you rather see? Vote XDD

reply to Dahvie-Chan:
...OMG....really... WOW... just...wow. Shaman King is our favorite anime, sadly... And we're torn between them, lmao.
'So what would you rather see? XDD

ky--Ice--
07-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, and that's a shame really. I wish we had bigger buildings to accomodate these mass gatherings but I'm glad regardless that it's in a place this year that'll be BIGGER than last year. It was horrid getting through those hallways sometimes. D:

I reference to Anime North. They have it at several different venues (Though it's HUGE...)

Dahvie-Chan
07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
okay, reply to Kirlata: yeah, we have a habbit of doing this... usually I change costume at the last moment XD.
We're stuck between Hao (myself) and Yoh (Kirlata) or Horo (Kirlata) and Ren (myself). What would you rather see? Vote XDD

reply to Dahvie-Chan:
...OMG....really... WOW... just...wow. Shaman King is our favorite anime, sadly... And we're torn between them, lmao.
'So what would you rather see? XDD

I saw Shaman King group at AN and I loved them.
Yoh and Zeke are my fav characters XD

The*Fallen*One*
07-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Currently the website has not been fully updated for the upcoming AC3, though I am sure that they shall do so soon. As for Awa on the main site, the theme for the mascots this year seems to be steam-punk mixed with mecha.

I just finished an amazing weekend doing a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts Live-Action Role Play with a great group of cosplayers, and I am extremely sore. I look forward to this year's Convention.

Jerseymilk
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Yay Micheal! *waves*

I just want them to tell us when we can reserve hotel rooms! I'm starting to get anxious.....I want Val, our mothers and I to have place to stay during the con after all. ;_;

Now I need to get busy with my other costumes! I'm so behind this year! >_<

Ryocha
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Yay Micheal! *waves*

I just want them to tell us when we can reserve hotel rooms! I'm starting to get anxious.....I want Val, our mothers and I to have place to stay during the con after all. ;_;

Now I need to get busy with my other costumes! I'm so behind this year! >_<

On the topic of mothers, my mum said she wouldn't want to go down for AN08 as Inami because it's moreso my interest and not hers. Though she didn't say anything for AC3. o.o

And I'm VERY far behind as well. D: I'm planning on trying to finish Hei from Darker than Black up in one month given that he has a very simple outfit. Train might be pushed back to AN08 since I REALLY want to try making Hades (his gun) for it, but I might just wear his outfit to AC3 anyway.

And lastly, the Bleach LARP. I might try and forego being Kira and instead be Yumichika since he'd be a more fun character to play around with. <3

the theme for the mascots this year seems to be steam-punk mixed with mecha.

HEY, I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING! <3

Vicky Janelle
07-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I just want to let you know guys is that on Saturday I'll be bring two of my Danny
Phantom costume. 1st is his human form and 2nd his ghost form.

masteva
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
And lastly, the Bleach LARP. I might try and forego being Kira and instead be Yumichika since he'd be a more fun character to play around with. <3

HEY, I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING! <3

*snicker* You'd be a pretty girl playing a pretty boy...

Ryocha
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
*snicker* You'd be a pretty girl playing a pretty boy...

*takes a frying pan to your head* >:3
I hardly consider myself "pretty", moreso average. But I think I'll be able to pull off his personality pretty darn well. x3

ky--Ice--
07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, do you think a RV (moterhome) would be allowed on the lot?

Ryocha
07-26-2007, 09:24 PM

You plan to sleep out in front of the con in an RV? o.o

DJ_Izumi
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM

You should take that up with the hotel themselves since it will be there parking lot and the convention has prepaired no such information for such a contingency.

http://www.hamptoninnottawa.com/

ky--Ice--
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
You plan to sleep out in front of the con in an RV? o.o

Kirlata and I. Besides, saves us drunk con-goers on Saturday night. LOL.
That may not happen, seeing as how Kirlata and I may go without my mom this year.

I will look into it with the hotel, great sudjestion...

Looks like we're going as Horo and Ren this year ^^. Hopefully not as ghetto as AN costume.

ky--Ice--
08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Geez, not alot going on here is there?
Good news: I started on the Ren costume
Bad news: I have to redo the Armlets, and figure out how to make Oricale Pagers for Kirlata and I... Though I think I have an idea.

Edit: SCORE! Yesterday I got conformation that we'll have a Chocolove! She's a con newbie, and wasn't even going to cosplay... But I offered to make her costume and she agreed. Yay!

BTW, Who here is going to Window Party with Kirlata and I? We'll starting randomly danceing infront of windows in the main lobby and Hallway windows (Like at the DT at Anime North), and you dance from the inside~
I only got a few people to do it at Anime North...though some people started breakdanceing!

kiraito
08-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Whoo Hoo! I will definatly going as Matt(Mail Jeevas) from Deathnote, Lavi from D.Gray-Man, and maybe Gaara from Naruto.

Just as a thought, you might want to add the AC3 site to your main post just so people interested can go check it out ^^

Ryocha
08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Whoo Hoo! I will definatly going as Matt(Mail Jeevas) from Deathnote, Lavi from D.Gray-Man, and maybe Gaara from Naruto.

Just as a thought, you might want to add the AC3 site to your main post just so people interested can go check it out ^^

You're going as Rabi(Lavi)? Are you going to make the hammer, too? XD

kiraito
08-15-2007, 10:43 PM
You're going as Rabi(Lavi)? Are you going to make the hammer, too? XDOh I will most defiantly be making the hammer a super small one, and a big one that really does grow! Ohohohohoho~

The*Fallen*One*
08-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Wow, AC3 is coming closer and closer, less than 3 months until the con! I really should start work on that automail leg, as well as find a bloody dress! I sure hope that those two girls remember about being WallMarket Aerith and Tifa...if not..well, Sunday will be interesting...

At least this year the con is 3 days...more costuming time! Fortunately I live so close to the con that i don't have to worry about a hotel room, or dragging 3 sets of costumes and props to it. If anyone needs a place to crash for the weekend, or want a closer staging point for their con experience, you are welcome at my place.

Dahvie-Chan
08-16-2007, 11:30 AM
hey fallen one how close are you to the con? I might need a place to stay. And maybe 2 other people if we cant afford hotel XP

The*Fallen*One*
08-16-2007, 01:34 PM
hey fallen one how close are you to the con? I might need a place to stay. And maybe 2 other people if we cant afford hotel XP

Well, I am about a 15-20 min drive to the con, with the buses 111 and 86 going right past my place. It is possible for you to stay here, as long as you provide your own food and don't trash the place! XD

meltingmirror
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I can't wait only 2 months or so - I finally get to debut my new and improved Fran with her sagittarius bow - although i'll prolly be very cold (i'll cosider carrying a shall with me just in case. I'm still undecided on my other costumes but i'll prolly debut my jasdero if it's ready in time.
- the only thing that worry me is that there aren't any food places nearby! i'll prolly need a drive to st-laurent mall to get anything

Jerseymilk
08-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I can't wait only 2 months or so - I finally get to debut my new and improved Fran with her sagittarius bow - although i'll prolly be very cold (i'll cosider carrying a shall with me just in case. I'm still undecided on my other costumes but i'll prolly debut my jasdero if it's ready in time.
- the only thing that worry me is that there aren't any food places nearby! i'll prolly need a drive to st-laurent mall to get anything

OMG! You're coming as Fran?! Okay you will make my whole con when I see you! And I'll apologize in advance when I gush at the sight of you. I'm just way too big a "Fran fangirl" not to! XD

Oh and ya if you step outside, you'll definitely be shivering. My friend and I did a 5 minute walk over to the nearby mall to visit Santa(hey it was for charity!). She was Miaka and I was in my Mithra costume. Everytime the wind blew we groaned and our legs and butts were pretty chilly by the time we got there! XD

masteva
08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Need a Cid pic with Fran!!! Cross gaming pics ftw!

Jerseymilk
08-16-2007, 05:09 PM

Get in line there Logan. I'm first! XP

The*Fallen*One*
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM

I remember seeing you at Anime North this year! You have an amazing Fran costume, and would love to see your 'new and improved' version. Like Masteva, I would love to get a pic with you, hopefully you are Fran on Sunday, for that is when I shall be Wallmarket Cloud..heh, you, myself and Cid..that would be an interesting shot.

As for the shawl, If you get a nice one, fur-lined or similar, you could always say that it is a Magic Cape, or a piece of armor/accessory from the game... We always equip the characters with such items, but never see them wearing it!

Dahvie-Chan
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, I am about a 15-20 min drive to the con, with the buses 111 and 86 going right past my place. It is possible for you to stay here, as long as you provide your own food and don't trash the place! XD

okee no problem! XD Can I bring 2 friends who will be going to the con (Hopefully) too??

Dahvie-Chan
08-16-2007, 08:48 PM

ooo I saw you at Otakuthon, your Fran cosplay is awesome.

ky--Ice--
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM
We going to have a Cosplay.com photoshoot? ^^

Dahvie-Chan
08-16-2007, 08:53 PM
we could if you guys want to :]

The*Fallen*One*
08-16-2007, 08:55 PM
okee no problem! XD Can I bring 2 friends who will be going to the con (Hopefully) too??

Yes, like I said, you can bring your two friends to crash for the weekend at my place.

Dahvie-Chan
08-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes, like I said, you can bring your two friends to crash for the weekend at my place.

yayyers, later on before the con, Ill get directions to your place :]

Jerseymilk
08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
We going to have a Cosplay.com photoshoot? ^^

Well I definitely think that'd be a great idea. I'm up for it if lots of others here are of course. ^^

The*Fallen*One*
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Well I definitely think that'd be a great idea. I'm up for it if lots of others here are of course. ^^

I think it would be a great idea. Get our crazy cosplaying group together, as well as anyone else we can rope in for a big photoshoot.:angel:

masteva
08-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll likely be wearing Cid on Saturday as it is the fullest day of the con (I think, there still aren't very many details on the site). If I get my T.G. Cid done he will be worn on Fri and Sun if I don't get a third cosplay made. Oh, and I need to talk to you Michael about getting some more tips on making armor! :D

meltingmirror
08-18-2007, 10:33 AM

sure sounds like fun!

meltingmirror
08-18-2007, 10:34 AM
ooo I saw you at Otakuthon, your Fran cosplay is awesome.

thx - were you the kyo at otakuthon - you were pretty great too

meltingmirror
08-18-2007, 10:40 AM
I remember seeing you at Anime North this year! You have an amazing Fran costume, and would love to see your 'new and improved' version. Like Masteva, I would love to get a pic with you, hopefully you are Fran on Sunday, for that is when I shall be Wallmarket Cloud..heh, you, myself and Cid..that would be an interesting shot.

As for the shawl, If you get a nice one, fur-lined or similar, you could always say that it is a Magic Cape, or a piece of armor/accessory from the game... We always equip the characters with such items, but never see them wearing it!

thx for the idea - but i'll prolly just bring a shall and throw it off for pictures
-as for going outside i'm bringing a jacket (a long one) - although i doubt i'll be outside for longl cuz there's no resaurants nearby!

tuxxedo_mask
08-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I am going for a third year! But I'm staying the whole weekend and cosplaying for the first time. Plus, I'm dragging my boyfriend as an accesory to my cosplay.
It's going to be great this year. I've had a good time my first two years, but I am really excited about this year. Mainly because I'll be cosplaying for the first time. And it's so close - I could take a bus rather than have to drag my mom along.

Ryocha
08-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Oh wow! You're the first Jasdero cosplayer I've heard of! o: And I keep forgetting if Jasdero is the blond or the black-haired one. xP Either way, can't wait to see both that and your Fran cosplay~ <3 I've always thought she had a neat character design, even for a bunny girl. x3

meltingmirror
08-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Oh wow! You're the first Jasdero cosplayer I've heard of! o: And I keep forgetting if Jasdero is the blond or the black-haired one. xP Either way, can't wait to see both that and your Fran cosplay~ <3 I've always thought she had a neat character design, even for a bunny girl. x3

jasdero is the blonde one with the stiches over the mouth - i even have two prop revolvers - hopefully they don't violate some weapon policy (they have red/orange caps on the end)

Ryocha
08-21-2007, 09:22 AM
jasdero is the blonde one with the stiches over the mouth - i even have two prop revolvers - hopefully they don't violate some weapon policy (they have red/orange caps on the end)

Ah, yes. Now I remember. x3 How are you going to be doing the stiches over the mouth, or are you going to bother? o:

And if you're worried about it violating weapons policy, you should try emailing Greylocks on the SOAP boards. Though I'm not sure about how fast they'll reply to you. D:

Dahvie-Chan
08-21-2007, 11:00 PM
ooo Im looking for any Jrock cosplays? Anyone else going as a certain jrocker?

TotoToshiya
08-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I change my cosplay.com account

ky--Ice--
08-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Ooh! Yay! Cosplay.com Photoshoot at AC-Cubed~!
Can we Window Party a little too? XD

I've already got the shoes made for my Ren costume... the rest will be done in a few weeks.
Urg, I've got to start on the other dreaded costumes now... Stupid crossdressing anime character, wearing a skirt and blouse when he's a DUDE...

meltingmirror
08-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Ah, yes. Now I remember. x3 How are you going to be doing the stiches over the mouth, or are you going to bother? o:

And if you're worried about it violating weapons policy, you should try emailing Greylocks on the SOAP boards. Though I'm not sure about how fast they'll reply to you. D:

thx for the tip - the stitches are going to be painted on - i could prolly do some wierd thing with thread but i don't think it'll work out as good as i'd hope so i won't even attempt it. Also it would be a pain to speak or eat.

Lady_Sodina
08-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Not at ALL sure if I've responded to this yet, but it's looking like I *should* be able to make it to AC Cubed for my first time!! If I can manage it in time, I'm hoping to be doing Harley Quinn from Batman, I'll have a friend as Poison Ivy as well. Looking forward to it though!!

TotoToshiya
08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
ok, so now I think I have which cosplays Im doing for sure for each day.

Kanon on Friday from Antic Cafe
Kyo from Dir en grey for Saturday
and Toshiya from Dir en grey for Sunday

Ryocha
08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Just to ask any potential cosplayers who want to participate, but we're (possibly) holding a Cardio Workout for congoers who're afraid just as much as we are of gaining +10 pounds over the course of the con. A friend of mine, Sebastian, is going to be helping me with it and we're hoping for everyone to show up even if it's for only a few of the exercises. You can cosplay as well, just make sure it won't rip, tear or otherwise hurt anyone else around you while participating.

Other than that, is the email for the panels and workshops still working? >_> Cause we sent in the form a while back and no one's responded to it yet.

Jerseymilk
08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Other than that, is the email for the panels and workshops still working? >_> Cause we sent in the form a while back and no one's responded to it yet.

They haven't really responded to much of anything this summer. Not even registraion confirmation e-mails. I'm actually getting quite irritated by their unprofessionalism and slacking. It makes me worried a little for how the con itself will turn out if they don't get their act together. :/

Ryocha
08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
They haven't really responded to much of anything this summer. Not even registraion confirmation e-mails. I'm actually getting quite irritated by their unprofessionalism and slacking. It makes me worried a little for how the con itself will turn out if they don't get their act together. :/

So I've noticed. Let's hope they get to responding soon before it becomes too late. :lost:

tuxxedo_mask
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Just to ask any potential cosplayers who want to participate, but we're (possibly) holding a Cardio Workout for congoers who're afraid just as much as we are of gaining +10 pounds over the course of the con. A friend of mine, Sebastian, is going to be helping me with it and we're hoping for everyone to show up even if it's for only a few of the exercises. You can cosplay as well, just make sure it won't rip, tear or otherwise hurt anyone else around you while participating.

Why not just play DDR? That is, if you can get a chance. Last year there were these two guys who kept playing the same song over and over and over for hours.
It was lame. I almost yelled.

P.S. Does anyone know what type of rooms they have blocked off for the con? I'd like to get one for the weekend, but I don't want a 2 bed room. One bed is fine for me.
I was just wondering because the price for a con room is cheaper than taking out a regular room.

TotoToshiya
08-27-2007, 08:55 PM

I agree completely, they shouldve sent the confirmations a while ago

Jerseymilk
08-28-2007, 05:53 AM
P.S. Does anyone know what type of rooms they have blocked off for the con? I'd like to get one for the weekend, but I don't want a 2 bed room. One bed is fine for me.
I was just wondering because the price for a con room is cheaper than taking out a regular room.

All the rooms are Doubles, meaning you have 2 double beds. But really, if the room is cheaper at con rate then normally getting a room, what does it matter?:)

Ryocha
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Why not just play DDR? That is, if you can get a chance. Last year there were these two guys who kept playing the same song over and over and over for hours.
It was lame. I almost yelled.

First off, I suck at DDR. xD I need a level below Beginner entitled "RETARD" I suck so much, so it wouldn't do me good there.
That, and having a proper work out would get the rest of the muscles working besides the lower body and the abs. Third off, it's amusing to watch a bunch of cosplayers attempt to do body stretches. xD

We're trying to keep this non-serious to a point. We want the people to have fun while they're doing it, so it'll give the non-DDR people a chance to burn off a few of the carbs they'll gain over the weekend.

Koi
09-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I've just been informed that I've got a hotel with someone in Ottawa now, so woo! It'll be my first AC3. We're going as Guilty Gear characters. .. it's all very exciting.

EgnirysFaye
09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
After CNAnime Fan Expo, its nice knowing there is another con coming up soon XD So doesn't feel like one has to wait for another half year or full year for the next one.

First AC-Cubed con for me too, woot woot. Hope it shall be grand ~

jusdepomme
09-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I've changed my cosplay plans so I'll wear my Butterfly dress instead of Pretear

Tsukasa_1
09-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I agree completely, they shouldve sent the confirmations a while ago
Don't get all stressed. I am sure that confirmations will be sent in October (closer to the convention). For a lot of conventions pre-registration usually ends a month prior to the event, and usually all confirmations are sent just after pre-registration closure.

Ryocha
09-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Don't get all stressed. I am sure that confirmations will be sent in October (closer to the convention). For a lot of conventions pre-registration usually ends a month prior to the event, and usually all confirmations are sent just after pre-registration closure.

It's not even registration; I've sent in requests for panels and they haven't replied back for WEEKS. It's making me doubt their organization on a whole, but I'm hoping it gets better as the con nears.

Tsukasa_1
09-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Weird... I heard from them last week (within 2 days when i emailed them)

Ryocha
09-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Weird... I heard from them last week (within 2 days when i emailed them)

It depends though; they have different people stationed to handle the different emails. Perhaps you got lucky with whoever you sent it in to. If I may so ask, what were you emailing for?

TotoToshiya
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
o ya, I made a request to host a jrock panel and they never replied XP

Tsukasa_1
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I've contacted them about ads and table booking. But the person I spoke with Curtis responded fast (and far as i know he is one of the founders).

Jerseymilk
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I've contacted them about ads and table booking. But the person I spoke with Curtis responded fast (and far as i know he is one of the founders).

That's likely why you got a fast response then. Curtis is a good guy. I find depending on the department, some of the con organizers tend to slack and are not on top of things enough. :/ That's not all of them I'm accusing it of, but areas like panels and pre-reg, which are important folks(read: these are your attendees, you know, the ones you want to impress enough to come back every year?) really shouldn't be delayed this long. It's September now and the con is less than 2 months away. I personally think it's extremely disrespectful, shoddy, and unacceptable. Again I apologize for anyone on the staff that is doing their job, but that's just how I feel, and I'm not the only one. I've talked to many people and they're all getting extremely frustrated and concerned. :/

Tsukasa_1
09-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned over the pre-reg issue, as it doesn't close until the 30th. Plus most convention including Anime North don't sent out confirmations until after the deadline date....

From what I've been seeing on forum postings and what not, I am just a bit curious if they may be under staffed, which then would explain the latency in replies. I would say not to get frustrated just yet. Email the hire-ups and explain your situation, they may be able to help. Heck they may not even know that the person in charge of panels is not responding to his emails or the person in charge of registration isn't either, and the only way for them to know and to fix the problem is if you all tell them.

I am saying this from experience being a ConCom member of Northern Anime Festival, we only know what is brought to our attention and whats in our department. There is too much stuff to do in our own departments to keep monitors others, which is why we need those who have problems with other departments to tell us.

The*Fallen*One*
09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
I received my confirmation E-mail for Artist's Alley yesterday, so it looks like they are doing something with the E-mails that they receive.

TotoToshiya
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
does that mean Ill get an email from them saying if I can make a jrock panel or not? I have some friends who are interested in hosting it with me

Jerseymilk
09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned over the pre-reg issue, as it doesn't close until the 30th. Plus most convention including Anime North don't sent out confirmations until after the deadline date....

From what I've been seeing on forum postings and what not, I am just a bit curious if they may be under staffed, which then would explain the latency in replies. I would say not to get frustrated just yet. Email the hire-ups and explain your situation, they may be able to help. Heck they may not even know that the person in charge of panels is not responding to his emails or the person in charge of registration isn't either, and the only way for them to know and to fix the problem is if you all tell them.

I am saying this from experience being a ConCom member of Northern Anime Festival, we only know what is brought to our attention and whats in our department. There is too much stuff to do in our own departments to keep monitors others, which is why we need those who have problems with other departments to tell us.

Well thanks for letting me know about pre-reg stuff and that. It makes me feel a little better. And yes understaffing is what I suspect is part of the problem and that not everyone is communicating with each other. I love and support AC3 and also love promoting it to people, so I wouldn't ever want it's future jeopardized.

DJ_Izumi
09-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Some of us actually have time to read all these forums where AC Cubed is talked about and we understand your frustration. This thread is useful because you're willing to say negative things here more freely than you would be on AC Cubed's own forums. So I'll try to aleviate some of your concerns.

Confirmations are being worked on, but I can't get you a specific date.
Panel emails will be responded to by the end of this weekend, maybe even a bit sooner.

I can't really explain these delays, but I'll sum it up with 'The adjustment from being a small convention to being a medium convention has inevitable teething issues.'

However we understand that you, the people paying up to $10-$40 to be at the convention are the most important aspect of the convention and we are very sorry.

Ashley Hakker
Video Tech
AC Cubed, Ottawa, Canada

Jerseymilk
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Thank-you very much for addressing our concerns Izumi. I know that you've always been one of the organizers that has often taken time to post back to people and I greatly respect you for that. I actually did consider saying something on the AC3 forums directly, but hesitated because I just don't want to cause drama. AC3 coming up is supposed to be a fun and happy event after all. And also as I said, I figured some of this problem was indeed things that were beyond staff's control. I guess it's trying to balance out one's paranoia with also understanding about the difficulties of organizing a con.:crylaugh: Plus as I said, other people I'd talked to were also concerned but no one was really saying or questioning much, so well, I just thought I'd come out and say it for everybody. >>

Well I'm still looking forward to AC32007 and will no doubt have a good time, like I have every year.^^

DJ_Izumi
09-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Oh, don't thank me, I just have more free time than most other staff positions. When you're the video tech, you're only really hard work is in the last week coming up to the con and the con itself. I also handle our video room selections this year, which just means watching a lot of anime and picking out what's good. :3

masteva
09-06-2007, 06:55 AM
Such a tough job, eh DJ? :D

Kirlata
09-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Hahaha. I've gotten several emails... The guy (I think it was David? I can't remember XD) at Guests responded the next day, and this was around a month ago... also, Jen from Regestraition also ansered back about a week after my email.

So close to being done my Ren~ and it's actully looking good! I still have to do Kirlata's Horo.... *Fuzzed*

BTW, this is Ky. XD I forgot to sign out of Kirlata's account.

DJ_Izumi
09-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Unless something's gone wrong, the confirmation emails went out today. If anyone h as failed to get theres, something is indeed wrong and they should contact the convention at registration@ac-cubed.ca

Agian, we appologise for any inconvienance.

TotoToshiya
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
I still havent gotten my pre-reg confirmation and/or an email back concerning whether or not I may be able to host a panel ;_;

DJ_Izumi
09-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Eh heh, I made a mistake and I look stupid. Sorry. ^_^ Confirmations have BEGUN to be sent out, and should be completed in a week or so.

As for panels, we do have our asses in gear on the panels, I assure you your email was recieved and I've forwarded it to the person now in charge of panels, all emails were forwarded this evening to the person now in charge of panels.

Ryocha
09-09-2007, 08:13 AM
I assure you your email was recieved and I've forwarded it to the person now in charge of panels, all emails were forwarded this evening to the person now in charge of panels.

Sounds like someone got the boot. >_>

ky--Ice--
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
(Logged in as myself now)

LOL.
What do you guys think about a Celebrity Jeopardy: Anime Edition panel? Like anime characters (cosplayers of course) ask Anime-related questions in reply to topics such as 'Countries anime is from.'

I'd love to get that going, and work on the panel XD

IkariX
09-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I would definately like to go... But I need a place to stay, and I'm.... broke. On happier times, I wouldve stayed at my dad's, but... No. It wouldn't work. Any suggestions? T_T

TotoToshiya
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
;A; I still havent gotten any emails
I really wanna know if I can host the panel I want to host!

ky--Ice--
09-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Probably can, Toto.
And sorry Akari, I'm takeing a RV down (Or thats the plan so far)... unless you want to work for money..... you may beable to crash at someone elses house though.

TotoToshiya
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
IkariX: You could try posting a thread about finding a place to stay here on cosplay.com or on AC3's discussion board. Im pretty sure someone wouldnt mind having you over :]

KittaH
09-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Hey, would any of you be interested in doing a papercraft panel/workshop with me?
I wanted to post on the AC3 boards but my account won't work 'cause there was an error when I signed up so it didn't give me the confirmation and won't let me re-sign up. ;-;
So yeah, anyone? :3

IkariX
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the info, Toshiya-kun. <3

TotoToshiya
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
no problem!

Hey hey! I got an email back, Im so hostin that Jrock panel!

DJ_Izumi
09-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey, would any of you be interested in doing a papercraft panel/workshop with me?
I wanted to post on the AC3 boards but my account won't work 'cause there was an error when I signed up so it didn't give me the confirmation and won't let me re-sign up. ;-;
So yeah, anyone? :3

Did you miss the anti-bot security question where it askes how may days there are in June? :P If so, I can look into that for you.

ky--Ice--
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
There's a forum?! XDDD How come I wasn't aware of this before?

KittaH
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Did you miss the anti-bot security question where it askes how may days there are in June? :P If so, I can look into that for you.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
So probably yes. XD

Jerseymilk
09-13-2007, 03:58 AM
There's a forum?! XDDD How come I wasn't aware of this before?

http://soap.ottawa-anime.org/forums/index.php?sid=0b0305a993d7ac7b891d5da6aa0e1419

DJ_Izumi
09-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Tiny reminder. :) There is a volenteer recruitment meeting at room B182 at Algonquin College next Saturday (The 22nd) in the evening for those who would like to volenteer at this most awesome convention. More information on the front page here: http://ac-cubed.ca/

ky--Ice--
09-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Ah... FINISHED MY REN COSTUME! I still have the wristbands, Oricale Pager (Can't make until the size of the passes are released), and white-belt-thingy for the pants...not to mention a wig or hair dye...

The pictures are here: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/ky--ice--/

You have to log in to see them though...
Username: ky--ice--
Password: Spiritstar

TotoToshiya
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Tiny reminder. :) There is a volenteer recruitment meeting at room B182 at Algonquin College next Saturday (The 22nd) in the evening for those who would like to volenteer at this most awesome convention. More information on the front page here: http://ac-cubed.ca/

that doesnt involve panel hosts too does it?

*Kumiko_Chan*
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
AH! Ac3 is getting way close! *excited*

ky--Ice--
09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
*Agrees with Kumo-chan*
*Dances*

I made my reservations this morning... I think I'm going to bring my Edward Elric costume (I wore it last year) as well... Seeing as how a group I know is going as FMA....
I'm still trying to get enough money to start the coat for Horohoro......

DJ_Izumi
09-17-2007, 05:52 AM
that doesnt involve panel hosts too does it?

No, this is for people who want to volenteer their time to assist in security, operations, labor and all sorts of the nitty gritty tasks of running an anime convention. Meanwhile we watch you from a large tower while drinking drinks from coconuts and shout out orders... Er... I mean, you get to be in the thick of it with the other staff. :)

sweet_kat22
09-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone. I am considering attending this con... but I have some questions. I have never been to Ottawa before (I got invited to a group by someone I met at AN).

How many people usually go to this con?
Is it all anime at this con?

And does anyone possibly know how far away the greyhound bus station is from the con? (How much would it cost by taxi? just in case no one from the group is able to escort me). (It will end up being an 8 hour bus ride, which sucks but I cant afford by train/plane right now).

I dont know if I am able to attend yet because of school constant projects due every week and money issues. (I am focusing on my school work more so I might decide not to go because of this).

Eek I just looked at the costs for greyhound theres a big chance I wont be able to afford to attend this con. (Even though I dont need a hotel the cost for the bus is way too much).

DJ_Izumi
09-17-2007, 10:12 AM
How many people usually go to this con?
Last year's attendance was 1200 people, up from a total of 850 people from last year. So 'At least 1200 people' is a safe bet, maybe more up to 1500. You'll find your experiance at a smaller convention different, as you're not entirely swept up in a mass of people, it's a bit more cozy and such.
Is it all anime at this con?
95% of it is anime, you may see some side stuff, but this is not a 'mixed' convention that brings together sci-fi, anime and other geekly stuff for the most part. :)

And does anyone possibly know how far away the greyhound bus station is from the con? (How much would it cost by taxi? just in case no one from the group is able to escort me). (It will end up being an 8 hour bus ride, which sucks but I cant afford by train/plane right now). Mmm, $10-15 I think. I suppose it's right up the 417 that runs threw Ottawa, the bus station is along the 417 and the convention is just off it, so the trip wouldn't take long unless you get caught in rush hour traffic.

Eek I just looked at the costs for greyhound theres a big chance I wont be able to afford to attend this con. (Even though I dont need a hotel the cost for the bus is way too much).

If you live in Toronto, VIA might still be an option. They offer travel directly from Toronto's Union Station to Ottawa Station for $59+GST each way, so the round trip is only $108+GST. :) (Which is practically walking distance from the hotel, unless you have a lot of luggage. A taxi would cost you like $5-7 bucks)

TotoToshiya
09-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes Ac3 is an anime con just like Anime North
the greyhound bus terminal thingy is about what I think 20 minutes from st laurent? I think.
I wouldnt pay to take a taxi from the bus terminal to the con, Id take bus, there are multiple buses that go everywhere including neer the hotel where the con is.
I would think AC3 being its 4th year, there'll be a lot of people

sweet_kat22
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the answers. I live in London BTW 2 hours away from toronto. The cost of the greyhound bus straight from london to ottawa is $120.

I see. I think I might enjoy a smaller con because fan expo/anime north are so big and packed.

I dont really know about the train from london to ottawa, it was way more then you said from toronto.

(Dont need a hotel BTW might be staying with a person in the groups friends appartment)

The train would be less if I lived in toronto oh well.

Blade Tiger
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Have the operational hours of the con been established yet? Specifically, I'd like to know how late the con runs on Sunday in order to better decide which train home to take.

Jerseymilk
09-17-2007, 06:40 PM
I can't say for sure this year, but in previous years, the con has officially ended at 6 pm on Sunday.

DJ_Izumi
09-17-2007, 07:30 PM
All schedueled events will close by 6pm on Sunday and the railway station is 15mins walking distance, since Ottawa is a departure point only for Via Rail (That is, all trains that leave Ottawa are originating from Ottawa) catching your train from there is fairly easy, no waiting for late trains.

The last train leaving Ottawa going West towards Toronto is train 49 that departs at 6:15pm that night, I would suggest you leave the convention at 5:30pm however.

The last train leaving Ottawa station goign East towards Montreal is train 638 and it will depart the station at 7:48pm, you'll find no problem making this train. :)

Yes, I am just a bit of a railfan, and I think Via's new P42's are ugry. :P

Lady_Sodina
09-18-2007, 03:27 PM
95% of it is anime, you may see some side stuff, but this is not a 'mixed' convention that brings together sci-fi, anime and other geekly stuff for the most part. :)

But by that you mean that those who decide to do something NOT anime won't get the evil eye, right?

Current plans are to cosplay Harley Quinn, along with having my friends go as Poison Ivy and Catwoman, hence my interest in this point. :)

sweet_kat22
09-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Im currently reconsidering going to this con mainly because of all the projects we have due right now and we never know what we will have due until the week before hand so theres only a small chance I will be going.

Hopefully I can go to this one some year though.

Jerseymilk
09-18-2007, 10:40 PM
But by that you mean that those who decide to do something NOT anime won't get the evil eye, right?

Current plans are to cosplay Harley Quinn, along with having my friends go as Poison Ivy and Catwoman, hence my interest in this point. :)

Oh goodness no! Every kind of cosplay is welcome at the con. I've never seen anyone get ill-treated for that. And if someone does give you a hard time, I'll be sure to personally speak up and put a stop to it. ^_-

Koi
09-18-2007, 11:31 PM
My plans are changed costume wise for AC3.. Alas, we have too hard of a time straying from Naruto (although I think this may be their best incarnation yet).

Anyways... I have tons of work to do and no money (it comes right after a test and before an essay).. but I'm thinking that eventually this will just replace FanExpo with AC3. It's further from AN (thus more affordable), and hopefully more exciting! Can't wait to see you all there!

Alexia Ishtar
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
My plans are changed costume wise for AC3.. Alas, we have too hard of a time straying from Naruto (although I think this may be their best incarnation yet).

Anyways... I have tons of work to do and no money (it comes right after a test and before an essay).. but I'm thinking that eventually this will just replace FanExpo with AC3. It's further from AN (thus more affordable), and hopefully more exciting! Can't wait to see you all there!

I've never been to this con but I've been looking to replace FanExpo with something, it was a bit of a snore this year o_O

Koi
09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I've never been to this con but I've been looking to replace FanExpo with something, it was a bit of a snore this year o_O

Yeah, I know what you mean... I think it's a combination of things.. the move to the South Building, the anime sections all shrinking .. attendence was way down. I just wasn't feeling the love, you know?

Anyway, even though it is in Ottawa, this con comes highly recommended to me by some very lovely people (I've never been), so I thought I'd give it a try. You should go!

sweet_kat22
09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Fan Expo wasn't that bad if you have a lot of people to hang around with. As for entertainment the only thing I was really interested in doing was the masquerade. The gaming area probably would have been fun but didnt bother with it (too crowded).

Koi
09-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Fan Expo wasn't that bad if you have a lot of people to hang around with. As for entertainment the only thing I was really interested in doing was the masquerade. The gaming area probably would have been fun but didnt bother with it (too crowded).

*shrug* There are always awesome people to hang with and good times to be had with them. The regulars and all, and I still had con nostalgia afterwards.. but something about the atmostphere... it wasn't excitement like at AN.. it was good.. just it wasn't anything special..

Alexia Ishtar
09-19-2007, 06:58 PM
The South building does put of a damper on things. I mean I missed a lot of cosplays because its so broken up. I'm not really upset about the anime section shrinking, but yeah.

I do have a large group of friends I hang out with at con but this...eh I think Hobbystars "Pay for the dealer's room" is getting to me, I don't mind for the TaCs (cause they were free last year XD) but meh...I'll let you know Koi, about AC it won't be next year cause the the Moonies are planning on a masq entry for FanX.

sweet_kat22
09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
*shrug* There are always awesome people to hang with and good times to be had with them. The regulars and all, and I still had con nostalgia afterwards.. but something about the atmostphere... it wasn't excitement like at AN.. it was good.. just it wasn't anything special..

Yeah I see what you mean. AN / Fan Expo totally different atmosphere's. I personally enjoy fan expo more just because I like the comic sections more then Anime. But I plan to get into more anime before AN 08.

Ryocha
09-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah I see what you mean. AN / Fan Expo totally different atmosphere's. I personally enjoy fan expo more just because I like the comic sections more then Anime. But I plan to get into more anime before AN 08.

Oh lawd, is that you, plushie-making-girl-that-went-on-the-AN07-SOAP-trip-beside-me? O_O

**Scion**
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
OOooo I have been looking into going to this. It seems quite fun! Though Iím still unsure of what to do costume wise. Itís quite a trek for me so Iíd like to bring a smallish costume, yet not a lot of time to make a new one.

The*Fallen*One*
09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
OOooo I have been looking into going to this. It seems quite fun! Though Iím still unsure of what to do costume wise. Itís quite a trek for me so Iíd like to bring a smallish costume, yet not a lot of time to make a new one.

oooh... now when you say 'smallish' costume...how small are we talking about? lol, just kidding. Couldn't pass that one up..

:angel2:

sweet_kat22
09-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh lawd, is that you, plushie-making-girl-that-went-on-the-AN07-SOAP-trip-beside-me? O_O

Erm nope I dont make plushies :p

nikufei
09-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know what time AC3 will start on Friday? My friends an I are arriving out of town on Friday, and Ihave to pick up an art table.. so I'd like to know when to be on time. ^^;;

Ryocha
09-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Erm nope I dont make plushies :p

But... did you go on the SOAP trip down to AN07?

sweet_kat22
09-23-2007, 08:32 AM
I went to AN 07 yes. But I dont know anything about SOAP.

Looks like I might have the money to go to this , but probably not the time. Depends what I find out Im doing for projects in November. If anything is due the friday cant make it :(

And really not looking forward to an 8 hour bus ride if I end up going Id have to have all of friday to be able to leave in the morning and make it for the evening.

Anyway this is something I would plan on going to in 08 instead needs more time and planning.

silverangel902
09-23-2007, 09:53 AM
The South building does put of a damper on things. I mean I missed a lot of cosplays because its so broken up. I'm not really upset about the anime section shrinking, but yeah.

I do have a large group of friends I hang out with at con but this...eh I think Hobbystars "Pay for the dealer's room" is getting to me, I don't mind for the TaCs (cause they were free last year XD) but meh...I'll let you know Koi, about AC it won't be next year cause the the Moonies are planning on a masq entry for FanX.

Me being a geek of many levels I did enjoy the gaming, sci-fi/fantasy and horror sections too. I was sad that the anime shrunk but AN makes up for that void ten-fold.

I've been curious about AC. I'm glad another one of us is ^_^. Since I go to university with lots of Ottawa anime fans I hear a lot about this con. Sadly it is during 'all-your-major-projects-are-due' month. I'm so close to Ottawa too so it's silly that in the 6 years here I've never ventured there.

What we're entering the masq? Where was I when we discussed this (not that I won't do the masq I just had no idea XD).

They have some decent panels/showings, cosplay chess, a fashion-show style masq and a decent dealer's room. At least that is what I am told by the people in my Anime Club.

Alexia Ishtar
09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
What we're entering the masq? Where was I when we discussed this (not that I won't do the masq I just had no idea XD).

Oh yeah XD Silver, PGSM = Maquerade it was discussed in the Moonie thread...vaguely we have nothing worked out so no worries XD I might check out AC next year (or this year if I have money, but not likely since I still have to buy a plane ticket to SD for ComicCon)

*Kumiko_Chan*
09-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Does anyone know what time AC3 will start on Friday? My friends an I are arriving out of town on Friday, and Ihave to pick up an art table.. so I'd like to know when to be on time. ^^;;
I believe Ac3 starts at 6pm on friday...

masteva
09-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Thank goodness... I get off work at 4ish and I need to bus there!

*Kumiko_Chan*
09-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Thank goodness... I get off work at 4ish and I need to bus there!

I ALSO would say 'thank goodness because I have school!'
but I have a PD day that day, lol.
But I DO however have to pick up some friends who are staying with me from Toronto... <3

masteva
09-24-2007, 09:02 PM
PD day.... pfffffffffft!!! I never got those when I was in school!

The*Fallen*One*
09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm still trying to make enough Persocom ears in various colours to be able to sell at the Artists' Alley...don't want to run out. This, on top of finishing my two main costumes, and work...damn, not enough time for everything!

Ah, if I was only King Trode (All hail King Trode!) then I would have my mindless Kobold minions to do the work for me...as long as they don't get side-tracked by eating a few babies...

Jerseymilk
09-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Ah, if I was only King Trode (All hail King Trode!) then I would have my mindless Kobold minions to do the work for me...as long as they don't get side-tracked by eating a few babies...

Michael if you ever cosplay King Trode, I will worship you! On one condition: You have to run like he does with the arms sticking out looking for a bar that will serve you a drink. XD

Coincidentally, I still want to cosplay from DQ8. Just can't decide between Red or Jessica.....then again, there's also Princess Minnie, Princess Medea, Carrie, Raya, the standard Bunny Girls.....so many cute female designs in that game. XD

The*Fallen*One*
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Michael if you ever cosplay King Trode, I will worship you! On one condition: You have to run like he does with the arms sticking out looking for a bar that will serve you a drink. XD

Coincidentally, I still want to cosplay from DQ8. Just can't decide between Red or Jessica.....then again, there's also Princess Minnie, Princess Medea, Carrie, Raya, the standard Bunny Girls.....so many cute female designs in that game. XD

Uh... I was reffering to King Trode (All Hail King Trode) from the game Kobolds Ate My Baby! But that green little monster would be an interesting cosplay.

I could easily see you as Red, you would have so much fun as her.

masteva
09-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Uh... I was reffering to King Trode (All Hail King Trode) from the game Kobolds Ate My Baby! But that green little monster would be an interesting cosplay.

Gawd look what I have started!

Jerseymilk
09-25-2007, 11:33 AM

Awwww too bad. XD Oh well, I'm sure that King Trode is funny too. And I plan to buy a pair of your Persocom ears for sure! ^^ Ha ha! I'll put them on when I'm dressed as Shikamaru, that'll be a hoot! XD

ky--Ice--
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Whoa, been awile since I checked up here.
Hahaha, I cosplayed Tao Ren to the IPM (International Plowing Match) last Wednesday... Got one person who screamed: 'HOLY CRAP IT'S TAO REN!' XD I got alot of nasty looks ffrom people though.... gave them some wierd looks back. (Joke)

Anyhoo, I'm getting REALLY exited for the first week of November... I'm missing the Just for Laughs tour for an AC Cubed...
Scott thinks he's just going to go as Ed (Elric) again.
Hahaha, I'm in the mood to rock out to ZZ.

EgnirysFaye
09-27-2007, 09:43 AM
I just decided to do an EGL har har (Gotta commute on the bus ya know, can just slip it on easily)

*Kumiko_Chan*
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I just decided to do an EGL har har (Gotta commute on the bus ya know, can just slip it on easily)

OMG! YOU!!!
YOU ARE COMING TO AC3!!!
AHHH!!!

Imma glomp you!
is your friend coming too?
the girl who was Anuk su mamun?

Koi
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Woo. Half my materials have been perchased! ... I just have got start assembling them -_-"

Ryocha
09-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Woo. Half my materials have been perchased! ... I just have got start assembling them -_-"

Same goes for me as well; I only have HALF of the fabric I need for it... still need to purchase the lycra for my top and the green fabric for the inside of my coat. DD: *ded*

The*Fallen*One*
09-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Same here...just need some more pins for the automail leg, as well as a bit more fabric to re-make the top part of the dress....but that shall be taken care of next week! Yay for getting paid!

TotoToshiya
09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
@The_Fallen_One: My 2 friends who's comin to stay (and me) one of them wants to know if you have room for one more??

Koi
09-28-2007, 09:06 PM
@The*Fallen*One* & Ryocha:

Yeah.. all the things left over for me to get are for MY costumes (I already have some pieces from an old costume..).
I have all the stuff for my cosplay buddy though (I'm making part of hers). I have to make something out of wire and I'm REALLY not looking forward to wrestling with it... -_-

Jerseymilk
09-29-2007, 02:35 AM
Okay, my Shikamaru costume is pretty much finished except I still need a black turtleneck. I still haven't found one! I mean how can no stores have any black turlenecks!? Even in the men's section! You'd think I was looking for one with gold lining. -_-

Ryocha
09-29-2007, 07:54 AM
@Koi: Ack, I'm not a fan of wiring of any kind due to past experiences with dance costumes. >_> And don't you hate it when that stuff happens? I never find the fabric I want, and if I do it's going to cost me $30/m like when I wanted wool for my coat instead of a polyester twill. .__.

@Jersey: I have a black turtleneck, but it might be too small for you. >_O But that's really odd, usually they have this stuff out in abudance by now! Did you check Moores or Zellers?

The*Fallen*One*
09-29-2007, 12:03 PM
@The_Fallen_One: My 2 friends who's comin to stay (and me) one of them wants to know if you have room for one more??

Well, it seems that my place is getting a bit full of people. I know that Gennie is going to be here from Thursday night to Monday, and she is bringing at least 2 people with her... Then with you and two other friends..and possibly a third...damn, that is really filling up my place.

What days were you planning to stay at my place for? And how were you going to get to the con and back? For my fiance's car will not be able to hold everyone, nor will we be used as a taxi. The buses do run in front of my building and are on a regular basis. We shall have to see what will be going on.:confused:

The*Fallen*One*
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
@Koi: Ack, I'm not a fan of wiring of any kind due to past experiences with dance costumes. >_> And don't you hate it when that stuff happens? I never find the fabric I want, and if I do it's going to cost me $30/m like when I wanted wool for my coat instead of a polyester twill. .__.

@Jersey: I have a black turtleneck, but it might be too small for you. >_O But that's really odd, usually they have this stuff out in abudance by now! Did you check Moores or Zellers?

I know that my store has some black mock-neck sweaters on clearance right now...but don't know how high of a neck you need...

Koi
09-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah.. there's this great denim fabric, with holes and mesh.. it looks awesome, and of course it's 30$ per meter.. -_-"

Wire is a bitch.

TotoToshiya
09-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, it seems that my place is getting a bit full of people. I know that Gennie is going to be here from Thursday night to Monday, and she is bringing at least 2 people with her... Then with you and two other friends..and possibly a third...damn, that is really filling up my place.

What days were you planning to stay at my place for? And how were you going to get to the con and back? For my fiance's car will not be able to hold everyone, nor will we be used as a taxi. The buses do run in front of my building and are on a regular basis. We shall have to see what will be going on.:confused:

We only would need to stay friday night and saturday night. and we'll mosty likely take the bus to and from your place. But if I get my G2 before the con, then Im just gonna have my friends stay at my house.

Ryocha
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah.. there's this great denim fabric, with holes and mesh.. it looks awesome, and of course it's 30$ per meter.. -_-"

Wire is a bitch.

AND THUS SOCIETY IS A BITCH. D: Stupid high-priced fabrics... *mumbles*

On a brighter note, I'm starting the sewing for my costume tonight! Fun fun. Dx

masteva
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
The Butcher idea is looking more and more fun to cosplay... but the unitard I would need is like $160!!! Still... to watch Claire and many other females hit the roof when I come up behind them with a cleaver and say "Ahhhhh... Fresh Meat!" Would SO make it worth it!

Jerseymilk
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Logan are you doing Pyramid Head?! :eek: I will worship you if you do!

masteva
10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
No no... The Butcher from the first Diablo. First big nasty you ran into and often beat the bejeesus out of you in no time flat. When you first encountered him, he would say in a deep, gutteral voice "Ahhhh... Fresh Meat!" and come after you with his giant cleaver of doom.

Jerseymilk
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
No no... The Butcher from the first Diablo. First big nasty you ran into and often beat the bejeesus out of you in no time flat. When you first encountered him, he would say in a deep, gutteral voice "Ahhhh... Fresh Meat!" and come after you with his giant cleaver of doom.

Okay that sounds like just as much fun. XD Hey you should do that one for the cosplay chess! I'd love to see you "cleave" other pieces.

masteva
10-02-2007, 07:14 AM
The hard part seems to be the body suit... there is the full body unitards but those are $160 before tax! I was also thinking a tight red turtleneck and a bald wig with make-up then just buying some standard red tights (those exist, right???) and making the cleaver myself.

*Kumiko_Chan*
10-02-2007, 07:17 AM
The hard part seems to be the body suit... there is the full body unitards but those are $160 before tax! I was also thinking a tight red turtleneck and a bald wig with make-up then just buying some standard red tights (those exist, right???) and making the cleaver myself.

AH! I know whatyou mean!
unitards are so expensive!
I need to buy a bright green one for a cosplay for Anime North... <_<

Ryocha
10-02-2007, 09:02 AM

*is reduced to a pile of whimpering goo from the mere thought* :bigcry:

masteva
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
*is reduced to a pile of whimpering goo from the mere thought* :bigcry:

*Makes a special note to sneak up on Claire for sure if this works out :reverse: "

*Kumiko_Chan*
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
*Makes a special note to sneak up on Claire for sure if this works out :reverse: "

I will die from laughter if I see this xD

Jerseymilk
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Oh heck! I'm filming that! XD

masteva
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Well if you guys know where I can get a nice red turtle neck and red tights let me know XD

TotoToshiya
10-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Value Village XD

masteva
10-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Bah, I looked there. They only have the loose knit ones. I need one of those form fitting ones.

Jerseymilk
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Bah, I looked there. They only have the loose knit ones. I need one of those form fitting ones.

Yes I know what you mean Logan. I couldn't find a black turtleneck for my Shikamaru for the same reasons. -_-

masteva
10-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I found something at mountain equipment, but they want $60

The*Fallen*One*
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Well, if you are looking for a red full turtleneck shirt, which is thin and can be form-fitting, we have some at TipTop Tailors...only $19.99...we also have black ones..I think..:bigtu:

masteva
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Jerseymilk
10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I may just drop by your place then Michael.^^

masteva
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Got me a shirt at sears!!! The compilation of the butcher... begins!!!

Ryocha
10-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Got me a shirt at sears!!! The compilation of the butcher... begins!!!

*reduced to a pile of whimpering goo... again*

masteva
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I think I am going to swing by Malabar's and see what they have too.

Ryocha
10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I think I am going to swing by Malabar's and see what they have too.

Malabar is EXCELLENT for costuming; I got my wig there and it ended up being 30 bucks by itself. Really good quality, too.

And this reminds me I need to swing by there too to get Yumi's sicle. D: I'll be broke by the end of the month, I swear.

Koi
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Another really good place for wigs is Theatrics Plus, at about Yonge and Welsely. They can order you anything and they have.. a ton of wigs.

I like Malabar.. but they're always closed when I'm in the area...

Vicky Janelle
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I was planing on going as Princess Peach on Sunday, but I change my mind.
instand I'm going as Amy Rose from Sonic.

The*Fallen*One*
10-03-2007, 09:07 PM
There is also Costumes Unlimited up on Merivale (Other side of Queensway..).

Don't worry Claire, I'll protect you from the butcher...transmute his cleaver into something cute and fluffy...

*Kumiko_Chan*
10-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Another really good place for wigs is Theatrics Plus, at about Yonge and Welsely. They can order you anything and they have.. a ton of wigs.

I like Malabar.. but they're always closed when I'm in the area...

hah! yes! I remember you guys telling me about that store at MTAC -sakura wig-

...but from what I know...there is no Theatrics Plus store here in Ottawa

*Kumiko_Chan*
10-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Malabar is EXCELLENT for costuming; I got my wig there and it ended up being 30 bucks by itself. Really good quality, too.

And this reminds me I need to swing by there too to get Yumi's sicle. D: I'll be broke by the end of the month, I swear.

Didn't you tell me before that you were buying a new wig for Amiboshi?

masteva
10-04-2007, 07:15 AM
There is also Costumes Unlimited up on Merivale (Other side of Queensway..).

Don't worry Claire, I'll protect you from the butcher...transmute his cleaver into something cute and fluffy...

*Note to self: Get Ed first.

Ryocha
10-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Didn't you tell me before that you were buying a new wig for Amiboshi?

If I have the money left over, I would do it immediately since mine was cut too short. But I have a feeling it might not happen due to LACK OF MONEY. D:

*Kumiko_Chan*
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
If I have the money left over, I would do it immediately since mine was cut too short. But I have a feeling it might not happen due to LACK OF MONEY. D:

haha, just wondering....I also lack money to get a wig for Suboshi xD
sooo....my hair may be reddish because it is the closest wig I have to his hair style... <__<

Vicky Janelle
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm going to look for a pink wig for my Amy Rose costume tomrrow.

TotoToshiya
10-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Yay I got my G2!
I wont need to stay at your place with my friends Fallen one

Koi
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
hah! yes! I remember you guys telling me about that store at MTAC -sakura wig-

...but from what I know...there is no Theatrics Plus store here in Ottawa

Oops. X_X I'm a bit Toronto-centric, maybe..... When I think Malabar I think the one of Queen -_-" My mistake

Ryocha
10-05-2007, 06:46 AM
haha, just wondering....I also lack money to get a wig for Suboshi xD
sooo....my hair may be reddish because it is the closest wig I have to his hair style... <__<

I won't mind. xD Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

@The*Fallen*One: Transmute it into a Mokona!

Jerseymilk
10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
You guys could also try The Grace Ottawa on Bank Street. It's practically across from the Comic Book Shoppe. On the second floor they have all kinds of wigs and hair care products.

*Kumiko_Chan*
10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Oops. X_X I'm a bit Toronto-centric, maybe..... When I think Malabar I think the one of Queen -_-" My mistake

We DO have Malabar here though. xD
I got my wig for Sasori there.

Karasuhebi
10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
@Masteva: Next time I'll make a Diablo Rogue cosplay and beat the hell out of you! XD

Btw I found a super long hair piece for my Aerith cosplay! Only 4$! *is totally happy* So yeah I was thinking of going as KH Aeris on Friday and Wallmarket on Sunday.

masteva
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
@Masteva: Next time I'll make a Diablo Rogue cosplay and beat the hell out of you! XD

Btw I found a super long hair piece for my Aerith cosplay! Only 4$! *is totally happy* So yeah I was thinking of going as KH Aeris on Friday and Wallmarket on Sunday.

Ahhhhhhh... FRESH MEAT!!! XD

Jerseymilk
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Yay Katherine! I'll get lots of pics with you Friday when I'm Quistis.^^

And all this talk of classic gaming is making *me* want to do a similar cosplay now. XD

Karasuhebi
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
@Masteva: *shivers* Which day do you plan on wearing it?

@Jerseymilk: Oh which day!? You definitely should! Maybe we could have a Diablo group!^^

Vicky Janelle
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I got my pink wig today and I have already add the ears on.

masteva
10-05-2007, 04:28 PM
@Masteva: *shivers* Which day do you plan on wearing it?

@Jerseymilk: Oh which day!? You definitely should! Maybe we could have a Diablo group!^^

Saturday since it will be pretty involved putting it on, but I plan to change into Cid for the dance.

The*Fallen*One*
10-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Yay! Now we need to get a Wallmarket Tifa for Sunday!

Ryocha
10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
You guys could also try The Grace Ottawa on Bank Street. It's practically across from the Comic Book Shoppe. On the second floor they have all kinds of wigs and hair care products.

Am I a sad sob when I don't even know (and/or been inside) the Bank CBS? >__>

Jerseymilk
10-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Am I a sad sob when I don't even know (and/or been inside) the Bank CBS? >__>

No. It just means you need to go. :toothy:

Ryocha
10-06-2007, 08:20 AM
No. It just means you need to go. :toothy:

Fair enough. xD What's it like in terms of variety of stock?

The*Fallen*One*
10-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Fair enough. xD What's it like in terms of variety of stock?

Well, it doesn't have as much in the way of Anime related stuff as the Anime Stop by my place has, mostly it concentrates on comic book related stuffs.

Jerseymilk
10-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Well, it doesn't have as much in the way of Anime related stuff as the Anime Stop by my place has, mostly it concentrates on comic book related stuffs.

Actually though, in terms of cosplay stuff, I've found it more useful ironically. XD

Jesa
10-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Looking forward MASSIVELY to AC3 now... having some major costume complications, so I'll join the list of people searching madly for wigs.
If anyone knows a relatively inexpensive wig retailer that can ship by at least the week before Halloween, I would LOVE to hear about it right about now. I'm afraid I may have killed my wig while putting it in a high ponytail and I don't know what to do at this point. XD Going to Malabar tomorrow to see what I can do about finding a longish dark red wig...

Wallmarket Tifa you say?...

Hope to see you all there.

Karasuhebi
10-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Wallmarket Tifa you say?...

*Glowing eyes*

Would you be interested?

The*Fallen*One*
10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
*Glowing eyes*

Would you be interested?

Yes...we would love to have a Wall market Tifa!!

*goes off to work on his dress....*