PDA

View Full Version : Would I fit in?

Viscus
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I have only been to AWA, and I was wondering if I did the characters in my sig, if I would fit in?

I know DCon is more Sci-fi (Star Wars, etc.) so I dont know.

halafax
06-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I go as Gungrave?

Its a convention not a formal dance.

There is a guy that runs around dragon con with a box on his head that reads mammograms. So you tell me...

Go and have fun, dont worry what other people think.

Viscus
06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
oh, alright.

I just didnt know if Anime characters would be out of place there.

The Kraken
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
It's basically the complete and total con. NOTHING is out of place there. All genres are welcome.

Darth Takeo
06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
There's plenty of anime characters there. Any costume of any genre would fit it, period. Dragon*Con is the Super Bowl of conventions.

Viscus
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
hrmmm...

I might bust out with my Megazord I made for school.

http://www.ffshrine.org/coratemp/megazord/megazord_itzacon2.jpg

Pretty much identical.

london2191
06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Hahah, bring Auronnn. =D

But yeah, there's an anime track at D*C and pretty much everything else you can think of.

Amechan
06-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Dear god, I don't think anything is out of place at D*con. Considering that last year there was a guy dressed as Prince. I've seen photos of girls dressed up as the Fantanas (the girls from the Fanta commericals). Pretty much ANY costume is accepted.

Besides, D*con has started having Anime showing rooms, so I think an anime costume is very appropriate. :D

The Kraken
06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
P.S. You will LOVE Dragon*Con. By far, hands down THE most fun con I've ever been to. It's the highlight of my year, really. I've been all the way out to SDCC and all points in between and, to me, Dragon*Con is the best. I'd never miss it.

Viscus
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Anime tracks?

And I just saw the 70 buck membership fee...eek.

TechieCL
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Dragon*Con programming is divided into various tracks: American Sci-Fi, Brit-SciFi, Science/Tech, Costuming, Anime, Starwars, Star-Trek, etc etc.

Each track tends to have its own set of events of panels, costume contests, social gatherings in addition to the overall stuff like concerts, the sunday masquerade...

Trust us, you get your money's worth at D*Con.

Darth Takeo
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Anime tracks?

And I just saw the 70 buck membership fee...eek.
Dragon*Con is not a standard Fri-Sat-Sun convention... It's Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon. Worth every penny.

If you got your membership a few months back, it would've been less, too.

The Kraken
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't forget Thursday! You DON'T want to miss Thursday. It's every bit as fun as the rest because everyone is just starting to show up and it's exciting and what-not Thursday FTW.

Darth Takeo
06-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Don't forget Thursday! You DON'T want to miss Thursday. It's every bit as fun as the rest because everyone is just starting to show up and it's exciting and what-not Thursday FTW.
Amen. Our group arrives in Atlanta on Thursday late afternoon.

Viscus
06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
well, im not staying at the hotel because I live like 30 mins from the con, so I dont think Thursday will mean anything to me.

nachtinis
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Dragon*Con is the epitomy of a Convention, it probably has something for everyone.

Personally I find that there is so much going on at d*con you pretty much fit in automatically.

There has been many Animes (like said) but to give a hint as to things that go on there there was a guy who actually dressed as "Snakes on a Plane" he had a white suit with wings and had rubber snakes crawling in and out of the suit, it was cool.

Take a look at some fine cosplayers from dragoncon 05 here:
http://www.teamtakeo.com/images/events/Dragoncon2005/dragoncon2005.html

Brittany Bunny
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Costume-wise, you'll fit in fine. As has been said, Dragon*con features many types of fandoms.

However, if the only activities you're interested are anime-based, you might be disappointed. I've always found the anime track programming to be quite...blah. If you're interested in a bunch of stuff, though, then D*C is for you! And yes..the registration rate is worth every penny. EVERY DAMN PENNY I SAY.

Tenel Ka
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Yessss, everyone fits in at D*C! Best con I've been to and definitely worth the money~ :D

R-chan
06-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Well Dragon*con is ATL's biggest con after all. Your genre of costume doesn't matter. Lord knows I'll be a few anime heroes and sci-fi villains. Yea the membership is pretty high. Next time be sure to pre-reg months in advance. I got mine back in December for $50. Man only a few more months!

Viscus
06-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, I turn 18 July 12th, which is when I'll be getting my checking account so I can pre-register.

Bleck, 17 and under sucks.

sakura-chan87
06-17-2007, 05:44 AM
oh, alright.

I just didnt know if Anime characters would be out of place there.

To lay your fears to rest, I went in my time jump costume last year. I teamed up with a group of 3 other Naruto cosplayers. All of us entered the masquerade together with a goofy little skit that was just for fun.

We ended up taking home Best Original.

Anime characters winning an award at a Sci-fi con's masquerade. It can happen. ^_~ Just go and have fun. I can guarantee that you'll meet other anime fans there.

Believe it.

XDDD