PDA

View Full Version : D.Gray Man Cosplay help!

06-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Dur, okay x_x;;
So im going to cosplay Allen Walker this year buttt(theres ALWAYS a but) im not sure exactly what his coat or pants are made out of.
I'm being torn between cotton and pleather x_x;;
Does anyone know what his actual uniform is made out of or have any useful suggestion to give me? xD
Help would be very much appreciated xDD

Koda89
06-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Well....most people that do commissions of the Exorcist outfits make them out of either leather or pleather, but most people who handmake their Exorcist outfits themselves tend to use a fabris(I dunno which).

The way I see it is, their outfits are kind of like military outfits, and thus, I believe they are fabric, most likely cotton.

Pollux
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
For starters, there's this giant handy thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=79133) that stays pretty active.

Short answer:

A lot of us have been using twill. We're not willing to melt away in the summer deathtime sun with pleather. X3

There's a good opinionated debate about what the "real" fabric should be inthe giant thread. A lot of people think that they shinyness in the manga is just the mangaka's style, and I agree. Stuff that black needs some sort of definition, and black and white seems to be the running theme with D.Gray.

06-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks a bunch guys hehe xD
I decided against pleather in the over all run because I really don't want to die of heat stroke and be all baghaha.
Thanks for the comments xD