PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Comission Quote Needed

cuddles116
06-13-2007, 12:25 AM
So I found a really cute loli outfit I want to do and I know I am not capable of making it, whether it be finding fabric, dyeing it whatever so here I am lol.

I want the end piece to look as close as humanly possible to the original design and I need the following pieces priced: I would need the cropped furisode, a pretied obi, shorts/skirt...I think those are shorts but I think a skirt would be cuter, hair ties, leggings and shoes (or extra fabric so I can cover a preexisting pair of shoes myself).

In addition to a price quote for everything I also need to know how long it will take to get done so I can get the order in in advance. I wouldn't need it until next May for Acen so I have a lot of time to save for it since I am very sure it isn't going to be cheap.

For fabric I am thinking cotton but if you can dye/whatever you have to do to get that pattern on silk and it would be easier than that is fine.

I'm sorry the picture is a little blurry it is the only one I can find.

If you have any previous work working on something similar to this please include a few pictures. I'd rather pay more to get a commissioner that will do this right than be disappointed later.

Jen

neko_ma_neko
06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm having trouble seeing the image, could you email it to me at designATnekomanekoDOTcom?

Thank you!

Jenn

neko_ma_neko
06-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Finding or creating the fabric to look just like this (or as close as possible), I think is a pretty tall order. I would recommend looking at the sites which sell kimonos and trying to find something similar which you could cut down. This one tends to have inexpensive kimonos, etc.: http://www.yamatoku.jp/classic/

Some other seamstress or fabric artist could prove me wrong though. :)

Good luck! It is a beautiful outfit!