PDA

View Full Version : death note misa...

eggy
06-14-2007, 06:22 PM
ok, i wanted to cosplay her, but i was a little lost on the hair... i know she has blonde, but i've seen pics where it's brown, and i think in the movie her hair is black (or a dark brown)...

i guess what i'm asking is if i'd get killed for having brown hair... does it even matter about her proper hair color at all?

:bigcry: :confused: :confused:

PuppyAura
06-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I'll come in cause my friend is being Misa too. She’s getting the blonde wig.
Its not a fact that you'll 'get killed' :P
Its just the blonde is more recognizable as a Misa trait, (but then so are the pigtails) especially since she wears all different kinds of outfits - the hair and death note is what really sets her apart. Even if you did her 'movie' hair – it wouldn’t have as much of an affect than the blonde hair.

But if you're hanging with other death note characters, and have a misa-like outfit, + a death note. Then it should be okay - just have the hair styled right.

~ It's really only a case of how recognized you want to be. That's all.
:)

Edit: I forgot, people noticed my other friend was Misa when her hair was black - she just had the pigtails. So you can get away with it ;)

ai-honey
06-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Hm, I think it's less the blonde hair and more the style. As well as looking brunette sometimes she often looks ginger too! Though blonde seems to be the colour of choice.

FaithInDeidara
06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
in the anime, she has blonde hair, so i think that would be best. plus, not very many people have seen the movie, and idk where people got black from..plus in my cosplay, i was only part Misa(my hair was Deidara styled+headband) and when i went to the photoshoot everyone regconized me..so i gues it dosent really matter. but i really think you should go with blonde, and if not, wear her white and black outfit with the leggings.

Hotaru230
06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
i think the blond hair is important, but i'm death note obcessed with the preference towards the manga versions of the charaters. plus i'm a Misa Misa cosplayer. i use a bleach blond wig which i think fits her well.

and her live action movie character's hair is black.

but if you deciede on doing it that way, i think you should focus more on the details of the version of her you're doing. some of her version are very detailed.

i luv her style!

which version are you doing???
make sure to have your death note and maybe an apple. *wink*

>zeta<
06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
my friend didn't whant to dye her hair so she just put it up in pigtails. lots of people recogonized her

wpuzzle
06-19-2007, 03:46 AM
I would personally think that pigtails are the most important trait of Misa - and of course, if also supported by her clothing style.

I'll be doing a movie Misa version, with the black hair and the cute little ribbons in her pigtails too, and for that purpose I also will be focusing more on her movie style, with the more punk-ish style in contrast to her more gothic anime/manga style.

Either way, a lot of people have done Misa without the blonde hair, and they're very recognizable, as long as you follow her clothing style. Have a Death Note notebook as a prop is always a big plus ;)

Have fun!

Hotaru230
06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
i'm planing on doing her loli dress that she wears in the anime only for Dragon*Con, but i doubt anyone will recognize it there, but i just really want to do it.