PDA

View Full Version : original costumes

Berry_Blue_Gang
08-27-2002, 01:31 AM
this is where i need help. being creative, or at least in the sense of when it comes to a cheap costume. trust me, i have loads of ideas, but they're all way too expensive, and i can see my mother nixing it right off. so...here's the thing, i need help thinking of a cheap, yet original costume. however, in the anime world...this prob doesn't exist, but all help/ideas is/are appreciated!
danke!

Himemiya
08-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Well, what do you look like? If you find a character with features close to your own, you won't have to bother with wigs and such. ^.^
Also, try looking around at your favorite anime stuff for someone that wears street clothes that you can get at goodwill, or something easy to sew.

Cynthia
08-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Any character who doesn't have an odd color hair color and wears either a kimono or a school uniform is easy enough-and there's hundreds of anime characters who do wear one or the other.

Babbit_Chan
08-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Anything with a simple design or with low costing material would help, and like Quinn-san said, normal character hair always helps ^_^ OR an outfit that you can use pieces from your own wardrobe for with minimal alterations.

KuroBara
08-28-2002, 10:42 PM
Keep an eye out at thrift shops and sales for clothing pieces you could alter. It's easier & cheaper than sewing from scratch. I third the hair color thing, but with Halloween coming, you may be able to find a wig on sale. This is the best time of the year to look for costume components actually, good luck.

Kellie
08-31-2002, 12:12 PM
=D Yep! Check out goodwill and even walmart and so forth for things. I found a black robe thing there that I made into a geisha costume in about two hours, if that. And the robe was cheap as was the material I bought to make the obi. ^_^ Also, for wigs: If you go to a big wig (haha..no pun intended) manufacturer, they usually sell cheap wigs in all sorts of colors. My mom gets these awesome hair pieces from a wig company called Paula Young who sells different color wigs in all sorts of lengths for pretty cheap. Good luck to ya!

isami
09-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Yes, Cherii-chan is very right! I went to Walmart with my mom to get some holloween decorations (I'm hosting a costume party. XD), and I was able to get sooo many things for my Lina costume. I got the red pants, rock-things for her jewels, fur for the gloves, a belt, and some jewlery for about 15 bucks. I kocked off a good 20% of the costume there. Check one out. XD
Other places you can go are local dollar stores and thrift shops. My first words of advice to anyone who's making a costume is to go to those sort of places first before going to costume and craft shops because you almost always find things you need for soo much cheaper. For ex, pins and velcro I got at a dollar store for about 3 bucks cheaper than Rag-shop.
Hope this helps!

Berry_Blue_Gang
09-02-2002, 07:46 PM
thanks a bunch guys! thanks a bunch for all the help. now i know where to get items.........and it's a good thing i have some connections w/wal-mart........now i just to fig out what costume i'm doin. *half grin* but keep those great ideas comin!
again, thanks!