PDA

View Full Version : May the Force be with You.

sakura-chan87
06-18-2007, 03:29 AM
The famous line of the greatest sci-fi saga ever. :D

Anyone here planning on doing a Star Wars costume at Dragon*Con this year??
I'm working on mine, as my brother and I are improving our costumes for our skit this year. xD I'm also going as a Jedi two of the days, which shall be fun. ^_^

Darth Takeo
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
The Team is definitely planning some Star Wars awesomeness in its costuming repertoire...

:D

sakura-chan87
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Do I foresee photo ops ahead? XD Tis going to be much fun! lol!

Ragresen
06-19-2007, 08:43 AM
I am planning to pull out my ST Armor again. It has been about 3 years since I have.

Hotaru230
06-19-2007, 11:48 AM
i want to do something and maybe join a SW group, but i don't know what i want to do yet. and don't know of any groups. : (

i'm looking at either a version of Padme or one of her royal guards.

and other Episode I-III cosplayers???

kelldar
06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
that's pretty much all I'm doing this year again :D
I'm bringing all of my Leia costumes hopefully including my new Boushh, and my Padme Funeral dress too.

Hotaru230
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
any tips on a Padme version that i should do?
i have done very make shift versions of her blue and gray slave outfit from I, her black corset dress from II, and her white battle outfit.

Elendriel
06-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I will be doing Bariss Ofee :)

Giant Alucard
06-23-2007, 07:26 PM
This will be my first year ar D*C and I plan to have a sith costume ready by then, so I hope to see you all there!!

sakura-chan87
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
This will be my first year ar D*C and I plan to have a sith costume ready by then, so I hope to see you all there!!

Sith? Really? SWEET! My younger brother will most likely want to get a photo with you. He's not too happy with the fact that I've refused to turn to the Dark Side.

But meh...cookies aren't so great. They're fattening too...XDD

lol!

See you there! I wish you luck with getting your costume completed!

Giant Alucard
06-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I have to do the sith since I'm 6'8 and already have the imposing stance ready, lol!!! And the costume shouldn't be a problem really, just finding a really good light saber that I like, since the good ones usually cost a pretty penny. But whats wrong with the Dark Side??? We're not all bad, and we def have better benefits!!

sakura-chan87
06-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I have to do the sith since I'm 6'8 and already have the imposing stance ready, lol!!! And the costume shouldn't be a problem really, just finding a really good light saber that I like, since the good ones usually cost a pretty penny. But whats wrong with the Dark Side??? We're not all bad, and we def have better benefits!!

SIX EIGHT?!?!?! O_O

JEEZ!

lol! Hey, I never said there was anything wrong with the Dark Side...not directly, at least. XD
It'll still be fun taking pics at the con. lol! Have you found a good lightsaber yet? XD

Giant Alucard
06-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I have found quite a few nice ones actually. The thing is that the ones i happen to like are quite pricey (but isn't that always the case). I'll have the money, but i'm trying to think on if I whould get those, or get one of the cheaper ones and modify it with resins or plastic in order to get the look I desire out of it!

dagmarus
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
At some point I want to do Ep III Obi-wan again. But that beard just ain't gonna fly this year.

Lady Skywalker
07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't think I'll be bringing as many SW costumes as I had originally planned on, but I still want to bring a Padme or two. I'm thinking Ep3 stuff.

sakura-chan87
07-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't think I'll be bringing as many SW costumes as I had originally planned on, but I still want to bring a Padme or two. I'm thinking Ep3 stuff.

That still will be really cool. I'm working on Jaina Solo right now. It'd be cool to get a photo with you, Grandma. XD;;
We could find a Leia costumer and take a photo of the Skywalker generation: Past, present and future.

^_^

Lady Skywalker
07-05-2007, 01:02 AM
That would be awsome! I'll let my friend know about the Jaina, she loves Jaina. You should also check out my female SW costuming website. (www. angelsofiego.com) if you wnat help with the costumes. I'll post something there for people to come here so we can set up a photoshoot of there seems to be more interest.

sakura-chan87
07-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh thank you so much!!

I'm so ecstatic right now! I just got fabric to start my costume and as soon as I get my old singer up and working I'll get started! (*dances around*) I can't wait! Dragon*Con is going to be brilliant!!!!! ^_^

AshleyV
07-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I will have at least 2 Star Wars costumes with me if not more. I am bringing my Ewok Village Leia and Snow Bunny Padme

Lady Skywalker
07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Awsome! I love snowbunny!!

sakura-chan87
07-12-2007, 12:08 AM
That sounds like it's going to be awesome!!! I've found a Jacen and Tenel Ka costumers, and we'll be looking out for "Mom" and "Dad" to get a family photo. ^_^ It's going to be so much fun!!

I'm still working on my own little brother to cosplay as young Anakin Solo. But he's still being stubborn and saying no. Do any of you have any good methods of persuasion? XD;

Tenel Ka
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Is he still being stubborn about that? ;D

I think it would be great to have the Solo kids together for the first time~! I've never seen that happen at a con ( in fact I've only ever seen one Jacen and then one Anakin at another con >_< ) and it would be classic~

Only about a month left! ( And I have practically nothing done, like usual. D: )

nachtinis
08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Almost forgot this thread!!!
Boba Fett looking for bounties. Jedi beware.

"Always a pleasure to maim a jedi"

That sounds like it's going to be awesome!!! I've found a Jacen and Tenel Ka costumers, and we'll be looking out for "Mom" and "Dad" to get a family photo. ^_^ It's going to be so much fun!!

I'm still working on my own little brother to cosplay as young Anakin Solo. But he's still being stubborn and saying no. Do any of you have any good methods of persuasion? XD;

Jedi mind trick
Sith Choke
Money

Besides, I know the stories, he might be remmbering that Anakin was not quite right in the head in the early years. Esp. in the Ambush at Corellia book.

sakura-chan87
08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Is he still being stubborn about that? ;D

I think it would be great to have the Solo kids together for the first time~! I've never seen that happen at a con ( in fact I've only ever seen one Jacen and then one Anakin at another con >_< ) and it would be classic~

Only about a month left! ( And I have practically nothing done, like usual. D: )

Hey girl! Didn't know you were on here too! (although common sense should have made it clear. Gah..stupid Dark Side fogging my brain. xD)

Yes, sadly little guy's not wanting to do it. I'm out of ideas. We've got our skit and everything ready to go, but he's all like "blah! I don't wanna have to mess with making a new costume."
Grr..

I can't wait! My Jedi boots came in the other day and they look AWESOME! I'll post photos as soon as I make more progress. ^_^;

Almost forgot this thread!!!
Boba Fett looking for bounties. Jedi beware.

"Always a pleasure to maim a jedi"

Jedi mind trick
Sith Choke
Money

Besides, I know the stories, he might be remmbering that Anakin was not quite right in the head in the early years. Esp. in the Ambush at Corellia book.

Haha!

Like you'll be able to "maim" us when we're all together. ^_~

Anyway, I'll give those ermmm..."methods" a try. Although I'm not so sure Mom's going to be happy with me. I'll just point to the computer and say "the people on the internet told me to!" XDDD

Yeah I know. I'll get back to trying to tell him how monumental it will be. Hopefully that might help persuade a bit more too....^_^

Thanks you all!

Less than a month now!!!

Tenel Ka
08-01-2007, 11:32 PM
YOU CAN ALWAYS BLAME THE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET. XD

You could offer to make the costume for him and just buy most of it (orange jumpsuit from the JJK books? Hehehe!)~ of course, you have your own costumes to work on! ;D

nachtinis
08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
... Gah..stupid Dark Side fogging my brain. xD) ...

Give into your emotions.
Let the dark side flow through you.

sakura-chan87
08-03-2007, 10:37 AM
YOU CAN ALWAYS BLAME THE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET. XD

You could offer to make the costume for him and just buy most of it (orange jumpsuit from the JJK books? Hehehe!)~ of course, you have your own costumes to work on! ;D

I can try! ^_^;; Tev's 13 this year, so I'm going to need to do some research on what Anakin wore around that age. XDD But yeah, it sounds brilliant, and if I can beg enough...perhaps he'll give in. lol!!!

(*glares at Nachtinis*)

I'm trying to save my brother from the Dark Side dang it! Quit messing with my mind! XD

nachtinis
08-03-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm trying to save my brother from the Dark Side dang it! Quit messing with my mind! XD

Your doubts are the result of flawed jedi training, The jedi seek to hold you back, let the dark side of the force free you. Your feelings do you justice, take your weapon...

---

I keep thinking of anikin skywalker.... grr

He proabaly wore corellian clothing
In this link (a little older than 13) he looks to be wearing corellian gear, later in the page tho hes got on what looks like a bespi outfit and then jedi robes, but theren ther are somemore corellian clothes there too.
http://www.answers.com/topic/solo-anakin?cat=entertainment
In this one is like old republic robes with naboo accesories (belt, boots)
http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/obraz.php?nr=4119

Darth Takeo
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Picked up the newly released Master Replicas Force FX Luke Skywalker Episode IV Lightsaber at Toys R Us in Times Square this past weekend! :D

Almost ready for D*C!

Tessa
08-07-2007, 08:34 PM
My Barbie Jedi will be around for my trip to Atlanta. :)

a-tastic
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
So, I'm bringing my Jabba the Hutt...
It's about 6 feet wide, and I'll likely get asked by con security to go outside once it's fully unfurled, but, hey, it's worth a spin.

Cynamin
08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
My boyfriend and I will be joining the ranks of random Jedi at some point during the convention. Hooray for finally having a sewing machine!

Actually, he'll have completely random jedi. I'll have Jocasta Nu, jedi archivist. Now to remember to sew my last panel...

6 foot wide Jabba? I look forward to seeing that!

Arlette
08-08-2007, 10:43 AM
We're not doing Jedi or anything, but my husband and I are going to be Han and Leia.

Lady Skywalker
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
A Jabba the Hutt?! That's awesome!!! I'll so wnat a picture with you in my metal bikini. In fact, I bet that Jamin would love to have you in the slave Leia photo shoot saturday at 2:30.

Tenel Ka
08-09-2007, 01:02 AM
I think I'll be wearing Legacy of the Force Tenel Ka (with Military!Sith Jacen Solo) on Friday and then Young Jedi Knights Tenel Ka on Sunday -- so if I see any SW (especially EU) characters either of those days, I will be stalking you for a picture! Just a friendly warning. Hehe~

sakura-chan87
08-12-2007, 02:16 AM
YJK Jaina Solo is complete!!! ^_^ Now to get the "traditional" Jedi costume complete..lol!

Elendriel
08-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Bariss Offe here, for sure :)

makotohanabi
08-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Bringing Ewok Leia, Wicket will be there if I can fit him into my carry on or my purse.

MeahtSingan
08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I'll be bringing my Shmi Skywalker costume, although I don't know yet when I'll wear it over the course of the weekend.

sakura-chan87
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
That sounds so cool! I can't wait to see it! ^_^

Lady Skywalker
08-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Sorry guys, but doesn't look like i"ll be bringing any Padmes. JUst the slave Leia for nighttime going-ons. I'm devoting this con to mainly Lois Lane and Supergirl.

sakura-chan87
08-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Aww. :(

lol I still want to get a photo of me looking at you like you're nuts or something when I'm Jaina and you're in your slave Leia outfit. That'll be hilarious. XD

Lady Skywalker
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Omg, that woulda be hilarious! the whole "EW mom! How could you?!" look. lol

Now if only we had a Han Solo to look like he's just shrugging it off, lol

sakura-chan87
08-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Omg, that woulda be hilarious! the whole "EW mom! How could you?!" look. lol

Now if only we had a Han Solo to look like he's just shrugging it off, lol

(*falls out of chair laughing*)

:D I know!! lol! I'll see if Jacen wants in on the photo too. That'd make it even funnier. XDDD
And we really should find a Han somewhere. There was a really good Han costumer last year, let's hope he's there again this year. lol!

sakura-chan87
08-23-2007, 04:54 AM
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/105298/

I'll get some better photos up after Dragon*con. Better hairstyle, DEFINITELY, and I've finally got my purple lightsaber. ^_~

But let me know what you all think! Pretty please? ^_^

Lady Skywalker
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm personally not the best person to critique Jaina, but from what I can tell it looks good. You're facial features definately look like her's!

By the way, I sent you a pm.

Elendriel
08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
You ROCK Kayli, period :D

btw, have we finalized a time,date,location for the shoot? Or shoots.

Darth Takeo
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
So, I'm bringing my Jabba the Hutt...
It's about 6 feet wide, and I'll likely get asked by con security to go outside once it's fully unfurled, but, hey, it's worth a spin.
I need a photo with you. When do you plan to do it?

bobbarker31
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I am bringing my Rebel Trooper, Black uniform Imperial Officer, and my white Imperial Grand Admiral. Can't wait to see you guys. Let me know if there is a meet up or a photoshoot. :D

Darth Takeo
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
The only shoot I'm aware of Star Wars related is the Slave Leia Shoot on Saturday. Our group plans to do it's Star Wars repertoire all day Friday, however...

bobbarker31
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Heh.... I am going to be doing Blade Runner with my group most of Friday. :crylaugh:

kelldar
08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Just thought I'd add --
501st photoshoot is before the parade saturday morning, around 8:45 - parade staging area.
Rebel Legion photoshoot is Sunday morning at 11:30, tentatively at the Suntrust plaza.

sakura-chan87
08-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Is there a way to join the Rebel Legion? I've heard so much about it but never have known how to join. =/

kelldar
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Yep, go to rebellegion.com, and click "Join the Rebellion" at the top - that'll take you to a form to fill out about your costume :)

Elendriel
08-26-2007, 12:54 PM
awesome! :D *goes to site*

btw, are the 501st and Rebel Legion shoots the only Star Wars shoot opportunities or are we having a general Star Wars gathering as well?

Lady Skywalker
08-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Well there's also the slave Leia photo, but that's only for that costume. I don't about a general one yet.

nachtinis
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM
501st?
Stormtroopers get in the way, its a shame i share the same genes with them...

Rebel Legion?
Jedi scum, you killed my father, prepare to die!

sakura-chan87
08-28-2007, 03:18 AM
I got it Lady S. ^_^ Thank you!

And thank YOU Kell, for that wonderful information!

But since it said that my membership might take up to a week to process, will I still be able to go to the Rebel Legion meet-up? =/
I'll have both costumes complete and ready by then.
What's the story with how that is run?

HAHA! Jason, you're such an "emo boy." XDD Jedi are cool. Wake up dude. lol!

Darth Takeo
08-28-2007, 07:31 AM
I got it Lady S. ^_^ Thank you!

And thank YOU Kell, for that wonderful information!

But since it said that my membership might take up to a week to process, will I still be able to go to the Rebel Legion meet-up? =/
I'll have both costumes complete and ready by then.
What's the story with how that is run?

HAHA! Jason, you're such an "emo boy." XDD Jedi are cool. Wake up dude. lol!
Together, we will destroy the Sith!!!!!

bobbarker31
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I have costumes for the Rebel Legion and the 501st, but I never get any reference quality photos that they seem to ask for. Maybe I can get some at the con this time...

Lady Skywalker
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Sakura: I would def reccomend going to meet up with them just so that you get to know them. I'll be running the table with my friend friday morning at 10am. HOwever, if you go on the forums, there should be a thread in the D*C section about getting costumes approved on the fast track for the con so that you can participate in RL events such as the parade or the group photo. If you have trouble locating it, let me know and I'll try to find it for you.