PDA

View Full Version : are you ready for otakon ?

kyocs
06-19-2007, 08:36 PM
too bad i missed the forum meeting, + _ + but i think i can make it to otakon, since it's alot closer to my location. heheh
but the naruto shooting was fun , and people were hiliarious, far better than the one i had in katsucon : D

anyway my plan for otakon would be itachi, trying to make azure balmung's set, but til i get the full design from the game (hard to find) it will be a while, meantime i will do Byakuya Kuchiki as well.

hope to see you people there.

P.S any artist lucky enough to get a whole table in the otakon ? if so can u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz share half with me, i will be most grateful if you do><
(of cos i pay full fare for the table as well)

BouXKanon
06-22-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll be there!
Im so excited about Otakon!
*huggles*
See you there!
I wanna see lots of J-Rockers there!
I'm cosplaying Mako, singer of Deadman!

Gogglegirl
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I'll be at Otakon on Saturday and Sunday. I have Harry Potter stuffs on Friday. I'm going to be doing JPOP cosplay both days...so YAY~! I'm excited...but I'm only about half way done with one costume and then I still have to start on a new one *sweatdrops* AND I loose all of next week cause I'll be on vacation. only 21 days to finsh cosplay after i get back...and I have harry potter cosplay to finish up too....*dies*

Zyphen
06-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I'll be bringing both my Roy and Ryuho costumes. I might do a Death Note one as well.

Come watch me try out for Otaku Idol. That is, if I don't chicken out by then.

_YukiShu_
06-23-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm ready but my costumes aren't. Still working on my snake for my Voldemort costume and Meowth still need to make the tail and paws. Also I need to get babysitting money from my sister she said I'd spend it if she gave it to me sooner>.< would not hmph!

KarmaxCore
06-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Uhm, I haven't even pre-reged yet XD but I do have my hotel room...^^; soo. hopefully I can still go, haha. But, this is my first Otakon <3 Or, it will/should be...

Lumasnati
06-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I'll have a couple done before then, I am hoping.

I'll be Fai, Riku [KH2] Byakko and one Secret cosplay. XD

Bagu
06-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Hehe... no way...Bagu is quite behind for this Otakon. I had a major costume malfuction with the Jiraiya costume (the wig got ruined), and I still have a few things to do for the other 2 costumes.

So it will all come down to the wire for me...

kyocs
06-25-2007, 10:12 AM
lol this's my first otakon too, and my 3rd con , so i am fairly new to this : D
should we have some sorta gathering for cosplay.com before the con starts?
or maybe there's already a thread for it?

dollssoulkirie
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Considering that I dropped all my costume plans for Otakon b/c of the "I don't know how big my tummy would be since I'll be 8 months pregnant", I'm almost prepared~ Just need to find a ride to and from Hampton Roads & save up the moneys. :3

Kyasubaru
06-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm ready!! I can't wait either. This is my 1st Otakon and 3rd con too!! Weird, eh? XDD

Stable-san
06-26-2007, 03:22 AM
I can't wait! I'll only be able to attend Friday and Saturday due to ride issues but I'm still very much looking forward to it. This will be my 2nd Otakon. I'm bringing my Miss Yukari, from Azumanga and Reno from FFVIIAC. ^^

Lumasnati
06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Since we're all gearing up, how is everyone getting to Otakon? Do you all have rides or do we need to make another thread for those that need them?

SunDemyxCloud55
06-27-2007, 08:38 AM
When is Otaku... how ever you spell it??? Were is it?? I WANT TO GO.. But I havent even started my Bleach costume... wahhhhh

kyocs
06-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Since we're all gearing up, how is everyone getting to Otakon? Do you all have rides or do we need to make another thread for those that need them?

i think you should use the room /ride forum locate inside of otakon section. it works pretty well for me, : D got my ride and room confirm, now all that is left to dress up : D

fatalinjection
06-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I'll be going~ Not sure exactly what I'll be bringing, though ^^

makotohanabi
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Everything is set, just have to get to Baltimore.

Bringing: Schuldig (Weiß Kreuz), Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei), and Suzuka (Outlaw Star)

Maybe: Young Sirius Black, BC (Vandread), Panda Schuldig (Weiß dojinshi)

With Divine intervention/I want to feel old: Willa (Thundercats), Lady Jaye (GI Joe)

List will change a bit between now and Ota.

Vampey
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm gonna try to pack light.. at this rate I'll have a whole bunch of hair products and such with me to help a friend with her hair xD
My Misa cosplay is almost done.. still fighting over where to put the ribbons though and finding silver jewelry to accessorise with.

MaryRyanBogard
07-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I'll be at Otakon on Saturday and Sunday. I have Harry Potter stuffs on Friday.

Same here. Yeah, in theory we could both go to the downtown Baltimore B&N, but I'm sticking to my local one (http://storelocator.barnesandnoble.com/storedetail.do?store=2937). And then I'm going to Baltimore first thing early the next morning (Starbucks Double Shot Espresso & Cream Light is gonna be my best friend that weekend, if you get my drift). I'm doing the Non-Anime (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=115412), Mario/SSB (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=116827) (which I myself am hosting, BTW), Really Obscure Anything (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=107515), and Cosplay.com members (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=102692) photoshoots (anyone else who'd like to join these is most welcome). My costumes (this is also on my sig) are as follows:

Ron Wealsey ("Goblet of Fire" movie version)- for the non-anime shoot Saturday morning
Princess Peach Toadstool- for the rest of Saturday
Chizuru Kagura ("King of Fighters")- for all of Sunday

All of these costumes are already made, and with the exception of Ron have already even been worn before (though Ron's just Marauder Sirius with a different wig).

Gogglegirl
07-10-2007, 01:10 AM
yeah...really i could go down to that store in Baltimore...but then i'd be ditching my best friend who doesn't like anime...so yeah....gotta stay home...

Lumasnati
07-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Anyone in need of a room? -groans- -has a headache-

>zeta<
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
my costumes are mostly ready. the only problem now is the hotel DDDx

MaryRyanBogard
07-12-2007, 12:10 AM
I just finalized the details of another photoshoot I'm hosting: a "locals" photoshoot (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=118652). "Locals" meaning those who actually live within a couple hours' drive (if that) from the BCC.

Hmm, five photoshoots... I'm gonna be busy this year. :D

Southparkninja
07-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Not going to Otakon as it was to close to AMA need to save up $$ for next costume production for Nekocon.

stafffighter
07-13-2007, 11:42 AM
I totally want to go but workage has been a nightmare of vacations, late nights, and new employee training. No cons for me for a while. Have fun everyone!