PDA

View Full Version : Lina Inverse: Shoulder Guards (ick) and huge beads.

isami
08-27-2002, 01:20 PM
Ok, I'm starting my Lina costume for next summer NOW so I won't end up doing it last minute like I did Miyu. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I have no idea how to go about doing her shoulder armor. So far, I'm contemplating using paper mache or fiberglass. Paper mache I'm extremely familiar with, so there would be a nice comfort level there. Never touched fiberglass b4 in my life. Any ideas?

And for her accessories, for the most part, I know where I'm getting everything. However, I haven't a clue where I'd find those huge beads for her necklace.

All help is appreciated, and thanks for your time in reading this.
^-^

kelldar
08-27-2002, 08:26 PM
hey! I can't help much on the armour - I went the paper mache route and wasn't really happy *shrug*
But the beads... I found large round wooden beads at my hobby/craft store & painted them green. I think most craft stores have an aisle of different sorts of unpainted wooden thingies.

KuroBara
08-28-2002, 12:03 AM
I once made fairly large beads out of colored sculpey. A friend of mine made her Sylphiel shoulder pads out of metallic fabric, stuffing, and the appropriate trim. Good luck with the armor!

isami
08-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Woo, thanks you guys! You got the wheels in my head spinning (or whatever the saying is...) I think I'll be fine now. Thanks again! ;)