PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Host Club Jacket Questions [Lining]

TerukiHolic
06-21-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm questioning whether or not I should line my Ouran jacket while I make it. But this also brings confusion with it, as I'm not sure how to line a blazer.

Can lining be used just like sew-in interfacing? If that's the case, then the pattern has provided details to that.

Is there a certain way to line a blazer, or a clean way I can sew the jacket without lining it? I really hate getting thread on me while I wear cosplays.

Any help is appreciated!

ikeikeusagi
06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
You should line and interface blazers if you want them to lay correctly and look smooth. Lining a blazer properly is kind of high on the difficulty scale though. If you can get your hands on a Reader's Digest sewing guide they tell you how to do it in there, you can order it on Amazon. For reference though, I didn't learn how to make a blazer until my second year of fashion.

kimi-chan
06-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, Iron-on interfacing (if it is not too old) works great and for lining, basically you are sewing a second jacket out of the lining. Where you normally would hem the single part of the jacket, you'd well, I can't quite explain it, I could show you, not explain it. All I can say is use your imagination! (corny, yes, but true)