PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on A-Kon Costumes

Sundance Kid
04-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey, I am going to my very first convention ever and I need some advice on the following things.
1. About how much money to bring.
2. Our group costumes are Inuyasha (mine-I'm crossplaying), Miroku, Sango, Kagome, Mrs. Kaoru, and Jessie and James (Team Rocket) from Pokemon. Are those allright or are we gonna get ridiculed for them? P.S. My mom and her boyfriend are being Team Rocket.
3. Is it wise to participate in a masqurade the first time you go to a convention or is it kinda an older member thing?

thanks for the help!
Sundance Kid
:schitzo:

Michi
04-29-2003, 09:52 PM
You need enough money for meals throughout the con (that's at least seven meals), and a good amount if you're going to scour the dealer's room. Unless you wanna be like most con-goers and bring snacks and maybe eat meals twice in a day. :P

As for cosplay, no one will ridicule you. That would be stupid. x_X

The masquerade? I was in the masquerade my first time at a convention ever and I've been in the masquerades of cons I was at for the first time for.. that certain con. Yeah. It's not wise or unwise, it's what you want to do. A-kon's masquerade is pretty laid back and unlike most doesn't take up your entire Saturday; just make sure you get all the info you need.

Sundance Kid
04-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks, that'll help me a lot. I just thought that maybe since Pokemon was kinda an "over-with" fad, that they'd get made fun of and I don't want that. Somebody on another forum said that a guy dressed up as Yugioh and got laughed off the stage during a masqurade.Oh, well. Again, thanks for the info Michi!

sundance kid

layne
05-01-2003, 06:17 PM
People are still doing sailor moon stuff, and that's older than Pokemon. And much like sailor moon, even though the fad has passed, a lot of people are still into it but wont admit very readily to that fact ^_^ Good luck!

Sundance Kid
05-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks. I'm feeling more confident now.
*whispers* I still like pokemon. hehehe (@_@)

sundance kid

TR5368
05-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey, i'm going with a star wars costume, so if anyone gets ridiculed, itd be me ;) hehe but im just goin to have fun!

djmihoshi
05-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Sundance Kid
Thanks. I'm feeling more confident now.
*whispers* I still like pokemon. hehehe (@_@)

Admitting it is always the first step ^_^
Hey, I still like pokemon and other "Kiddie anime" too. Heck, I'm cosplaying as Hamtaro for a-kon 15. Koosh-Koosh! I can't wait to see the Team Rocket guys (James=god. Nuff said.)

Ali-kun
05-05-2003, 03:15 AM
If I see your mom and her boyfriend as Jessie and James I will probably run up to them and fangirl, I -love- Team Rocket! Some people might not like Pokemon and costumes from it, but most of those are at least polite enough not to say anything ^_^

I would have been SO pissed off if I'd seen that supposed laughing-off-the-stage >_< I can't stand people that rude!

Sundance Kid
05-05-2003, 09:49 PM
I can't stand people that rude either. I really pushes my button. Even if I didn't like an anime costume (which I can't even think of one that I wouldn't!) I wouldn't laugh or make fun of them! I think some people are rediculous ya know?

Sundance Kid

caelestis
05-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TR5368
Hey, i'm going with a star wars costume, so if anyone gets ridiculed, itd be me ;) hehe but im just goin to have fun!

Nah, most won't care what you're dressed as... although I remember the shameless Nickelodeon Hey Arnold Promo guy from last year.. or whatever it was. *shrugs*..

... but one person I know is fully set on going as someone from Harry Potter one day. It's her first con, so I jus hope no one is mean to her and ruins the experience (although I know full well Harry Potter is far from anime as um... Martha Stewart or something..)..

bah.. brain fried... need sleep..

TR5368
05-26-2003, 10:55 PM
This is my first con also :)

Darkness DEMON
05-28-2003, 09:25 PM
update on sundance's list of group players. i was going as sango but now im going as youko kurama, so sunny cant say that the group is all INUYASHA-ized. ok i got that out of my system.*sighs with relief*

Sundance Kid
05-29-2003, 08:38 AM
total SLAUGHTER total SLAUTGHTER
i wont leave a single man alive
ladedadeDIE geno zie
ladedadedud an ocean of BLOOD
lets begin the KILLING time
Sorry darkness DEMON, I couldn't resist....I have been wanting to say that for a long time!
Sundance Kid