PDA

View Full Version : Question-about tickets

Mink
04-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Whats the deal with the Macarade? It says the ticket line starts at 1:00 or something...do you think that we need to be there earlier? How much earlier? I went last year but had to leave before it happend....advice is mucho appreciated!

Mandy Mitchell
04-30-2003, 12:22 AM
The Anime Expo Masquerade tickets are for free. Tickets will distributed to general attendees are 1:00pm on Saturday. You can find out more information on the Anime Expo website:

http://www.anime-expo.org/ticketsFAQ.html

Mink
04-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Thanks so much! I was looking for an FAQ page...but can anyone speak from experiance? Like is it a mad house?

Dark Vision
04-30-2003, 11:47 AM
So no more of the infamous 3 am waiting line.

"Its 3am, and there's still 300 people in front of me?"

Michi
04-30-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Dark Vision
So no more of the infamous 3 am waiting line.

"Its 3am, and there's still 300 people in front of me?"

That's why I've never gotten tickets for the masquerade in the three times I've been to AX. :P Probably not this year, either. x.x Unless this 1 pm system actually works. Hahaha.

JoeBoeing
05-01-2003, 12:06 AM
When I pre-regged in Alaria's group with others from cosplay.com I got a flyer from Ax saying that if I rewserve a room at the hilton from the Anaheim/OC Housing commision thingy I will have Masquerade tickets waiting for me when I check into the hotel.

But it said that you can't reserve the room directly with the Hilton... you had to do it with the housing dept thingy.

So, I already have my and my roomies tickets if this is true.

this is good for each person staying in your room but you have to give the names of the people in your room so they can get the tickets as well.

EDIT: I checked my e-mail and you need to reserce the room through the Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau.

FRom,
Joe

Bell-chan
05-01-2003, 12:14 AM
My group reserved rooms with the OC housing people so we're all guaranteed tickets for the Masquerade (or at least I hope so. I keep worrying that something will go horribly wrong and we'll be left with nothing @_@)

Famira Damaris
05-01-2003, 12:25 AM
I heard there's some voucher thing going on for those in hotels. *grumbles* So I'm out for that. :P Damn me for living close enough to drive. ^^;

Hopefully this new system will work out, because the only way I got to see Masquerade last year was because someone gave me the extra tickets randomly. I'm still thankful for that. e_e I was hearing all this stuff about having to stay in line in weird hours in the morning, so...xX; *was prepared to tho* XD;;;

Miaka No Baka
05-01-2003, 11:44 AM
even with the 1pm line up I bet there still will be people camped out there. If it's true and people who reserve rooms will ALL be guaranteed tickets

a) the masquerade location must be huge to seat that many people

and b) that means that there aren't going to be that many tickets available to people who aren't staying at one of those hotels.

for my group we're not staying at one of the ax hotels. I found a better deal 175 a night for 2 hotel rooms and it's just across the street from the convention center. No block distance or whatever. I dunno I wish we could get the reserved tickets cause like some of our group isn't going to be in the masquerade with us so yeah for them they'll want tickets. I just hope this new procedure is fair and works out good. Also I hope they give 1 ticket per person in either line. It's not fair to have 10 people in line all getting 2 tickets each esp if some of those tickets go to waste or they wind up trying to sell them to some poor people who didn't get a ticket. I say if ya want the ticket you should have to wait in line with everyone else.

Miaka no Baka

Michi
05-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Is it just the Hilton or all AX hotels? Any more info on that? If we can really secure masquerade tickets this way, I'd love to inform the rest of my group.

JoeBoeing
05-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Michi and all - I think it's just the hilton but I got the flyer before the other hotels were added... I'd e-mail AX and ask.

From,
Joe

Mink
05-01-2003, 02:44 PM
I dont like the voucher system,....though i guess it encourages people to stay in the con hotels. Personally I had no problem moving a few blocks away and I get a double room (read: fits 8 people comfortably) for 99 dollars a nite. I seriouly called them twice to see if that was true.

I guess Im really not looking forward to standing in line that long. I guess with 8 people though we can alternate! That shouldnt be too bad. Until 1:00 of corse and then we all get in line. (Yeah! there should only be a ticked a person!)

Bell-chan
05-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
even with the 1pm line up I bet there still will be people camped out there. If it's true and people who reserve rooms will ALL be guaranteed tickets

a) the masquerade location must be huge to seat that many people

and b) that means that there aren't going to be that many tickets available to people who aren't staying at one of those hotels.
It's not necessarily true that every single person reserving a room at these hotels are there for anime expo. There still could be enough for so many people in the line, but wasn't it like that before?

Psychotic Jei
05-02-2003, 12:22 AM
It's for all the con hotels. Aaaand, there's going to be a limited block for the voucher people. Not only that, I think it said those tickets wont be given out till like right before the Masq.

Oh...and Miaka. That hotel is across a major street. We're talking 6 lanes across.

Michi
05-02-2003, 02:29 AM
It seems sorta fishy and unfair to those that can't get to the con hotels. :p But I'll talk to my group and look into it.

Miaka No Baka
05-03-2003, 12:10 PM
ax sets aside a huge number of rooms in a hotel. For this example say 200 of the hotel's 300 rooms. Let's just say that's for the hilton alone. If each room has 4 people in it (let's just say) as to that's the max per room allowed. There'd be 800 people alone coming just from the hilton. Don't forget to add in the West Coast Palm, and the marriot if each has the 200 hotel rooms too that makes 2,400 tickets going to just people who reserved in the hotel. That's why I said let's just hope they're holding the masquerade in a large enough place. Last year at the theater I think it could seat 3,500 or so. If the new place can seat that many then only 1,100 tickets would be available to those not staying in the hotels. For all we know this could be true, or the numbers could even be far less or far more. Ax generally get's 10,000 people attending over the course of the event. The busiest day for them of course is saturday.

Man maybe I should try and move to a diff hotel lol. 6 lane street X_X crazy man... Do you know if there's a crosswalk infront of the hotel or not? Or do we have to walk down the street a bit til we reach one? We're at the desert palm hotel.

Miaka no Baka