PDA

View Full Version : Make-up is hard!

Experiment00000
04-30-2003, 01:46 AM
Well, I'm new to cosplaying, but I've always loved trying to dress up as my favourite jrockers, but I'm having major problems with figuring out how to do make-up. I just can't ever seem to get it right, and it's erally frustrating. So if anyone has any tips at all, I would appreciate them a lot. Uhm..thanks.

Mara
04-30-2003, 11:09 AM
In my limited experience, Ben Nye cosmetics are the best. If you need to completely white your face, definitely go with their stuff.
this place has a wide selection:
http://www.stagesupply.com/

Koumori
04-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Pick up Kevyn Aucoin's books "Face Forward" and "Making Faces." They're an amazing inspiration and will teach you everything you ever needed to know about makeup, what it can do, and how to use it.

yukarikudou
05-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know how to get a line of black liquid eyeliner to go on WHERE YOU WANT IT?
-yk

Koumori
05-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by yukarikudou
Does anyone know how to get a line of black liquid eyeliner to go on WHERE YOU WANT IT?
-yk

Practice.

Sapphire Mana
05-06-2003, 10:39 PM
J-rock makeup really takes practice. It took me around 5 months before the epiphany of how to do Mana's lipstick fell upon me. You really just have to keep at it. If you take enough time, you'll get it ^^

~*~Ningyou

megumibish
05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
So I'm assuming your not willing to share this epiphany. ^_^ If so post it. *grins* And yeah liquid liner does take practice. I can line my ears in minutes, but then again I'm an artist. I have the so called steady hands. Contradictory to what I think about my shakey hands.

Sapphire Mana
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
*giggles* I don't know how to explain the epiphany....it's like...I, like most people, thought it was just doing lipstick normally, but with a really dramatic incline. But after months I figured out that the curve starts halfway up your lips, then drops. Like, you have to start going up at the corner of your lip, then keep going in a curve and let it drop in the middle.

I make no sense ^^;;; maybe I'll demonstrate later, if you'd like. ^^

~*~Ningyou

megumibish
05-14-2003, 02:33 AM
I completely understand that. coolies shall try later on. arigatou

Sapphire Mana
05-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Of course *^^* Glad I could help.

~*~Ningyou