PDA

View Full Version : Ohio-regional cosplay picnic?

kalajessta
06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm thinking of starting up an annual pinic here in Columbus, OH for anime fans, game fans and cosplayers. I know other states and regions have such a thing, so why not Ohio? I know it might be a bit late to do anything for summer, but I was thinking it would be the first or second weekend in August, to avoid when school starts and other conventions.

Would anyone be interested in such an event? We can have a barbecue/pinic at a local park, have events and just have a great time chilling and hanging out. We can even have a small cosplay contest as well. If anyone else is interested in such, please reply.

Ryuuza
06-24-2007, 08:43 PM
You always have the best ideas for in-between con activities. My vote is: yes! I would love to do this. My best friend (cosplayer in training) moved to my neighborhood from Columbus, and both of us love it when we're able to visit. ^^

kalajessta
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
You always have the best ideas for in-between con activities. My vote is: yes! I would love to do this. My best friend (cosplayer in training) moved to my neighborhood from Columbus, and both of us love it when we're able to visit. ^^

Thanks~! I'm glad someone is interested in it. I know other states have cosplay pinics and it always made me jealous that alot of my friends go to them and I can't, due to my crappy car. Do you know anywhere that would be good in Columbus to have a pinic? I only really know of Innis Woods park and another one out towards Easton. Other then that, I'm clueless about this sort of thing since I've only been living down here for six months now.

LittleAki
06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm up for it!!

Sakura Efreet
06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
This sounds great! I'll stop by for more details when ya post them! If you need ANY help at all, please let me know. I love planning events and such.

Lome-chan
07-26-2007, 02:27 AM
It sounds awesome! I live about half an hour to 45 minutes away from Columbus, and Easton is even closer. I'd go, if I convinced my mom. XD

kalajessta
07-26-2007, 09:09 PM
No one seems to be much interested in one this summer. Maybe we will have to hold off til next summer.

LittleAki
07-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Awww :(
What about a cosplay pool party? lol this heat is bleh >_<

kalajessta
07-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Awww :(
What about a cosplay pool party? lol this heat is bleh >_<

That wouldn't work too well. Cosplays + pool = not cool.