PDA

View Full Version : Temari Yukata/kimono tutorial?

Chaotic Era
06-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Has anyone here made Temari's outfit from the second season of Naruto? Or maybe does anyone have a tutorial on how to make her costume? This is my first costume and I have no idea where to start so any help is much appriciated. Oh even a pattern for her costume would be awesome too.

RedMoon
06-25-2007, 01:18 AM
I just started this costume using Simplicity 5839, Kimono Pattern B. I did a lot of altering to it though. For the Obi, I did not use any interfacing in it, so that way it would keep it's floppy look. For the kimono itself, I shortened the sleeves, and instead of following the directions on the lining and sleeve attatchment, I just attatched them like any other sleeve would be attatched. I cut a lot out a lot of steps, but if you read the direction all the way through, you should be able to figure out what you can and cannot cut out; it also depends on the material you use.

Chaotic Era
06-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Awesome, thanks so much. What type of material would you reccomend? I live out here in the damn desert of AZ so are there any light weight and breathable fabrics that would be good for the pattern?

kimi-chan
06-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Symphony Broadcloath comes in a wide range of colors, and it's 40% cotton 60% poly, or the other way around. None the less, it still is a breathable, lightweight, sometimes not quite all the way opaque, and sturdy cloth.