PDA

View Full Version : Lance of Longinus

djmihoshi
04-30-2003, 08:09 PM
A-kon's coming up, and my friends and I are all cosplaying as the evangelion characters. We thought we'd add an extra bit o' fun in our costumes and make a Lance of Longinus and play limbo in the hallways/dealer's rooms. Well, I've got the lance mostly done (it just needs to be painted), but I can't figure out for the life of me how I'm supposed to do that swirly-tuning fork thing at the end!! Any one have any ideas?? Here's a pic if it helps: http://www.elorhe.com/JBE/pictures/ev-00-01.jpg

Danke!

Space Invader
04-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Thermoplastic. Get some, heat it, and bend accordingly. Be sure and get a thicker sheet of it so it holds it's shape better. Glue / nail / whatever to the top of the staff.

Problem... SOLVED! XD

evaneko
05-01-2003, 04:38 PM
that should work very well (the thermoplastic thing) but i just have to say that thats a really cool idea ^^

Ashe
05-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Er, I'm no help at all in the what you should do department (though thermoplastic is usually a successful solution to everything), but I wanted to tell you that you rule for making the Lance of Longinus. ^_~

Nightmare
05-08-2003, 02:48 AM
Me and my friends were going to do the three eva units. I was going to do unit 00 and my weapon was going to be the lance. But we had some problems and each decided to do somthing different.