PDA

View Full Version : costume progress discussion... last minute panic-attacks yet?

xiola
04-30-2003, 11:44 PM
i'm totally bored, so i wanted to start a new thread... (i had finally got around to starting to sew my CCD jacket but my roomie just went to bed and works days so i can't really sew after she goes to bed... i have to start getting up earlier and sewing during the day since i only work evenings! T_T)

but anyway, how is everyone's costume progress going?? i know this time last year i had barely anything done since i couldnt' do any sewing when i was away at school (which is also partly why i'm unhappy with the boring-ness of my previous costumes), but since i go to school for fashion stuff now i had time to start a bit earlier despite being the totally lazy sloth i am... -_-;; so i think i'm actually 50% done, which is a relief. i still have a bunch left to do but since i only work evenings part-time i should be fine!

left to do:

- Yoh swords (stone sword) and HUGE-ASS Kurikara sword.
- final details on Yoh's pockets
- stencil "FUNBARI ONSEN" characters down Yoh's back. (ack this will be hard to do neatly! and i'll be hella pissed if it turns out crappy >_<!!!)
- Kurikara sleeveless robe thing
- attatch Kurikara vambraces to arm bands
- kurikara hair/trim details
- most of CCD jacket, pins, and redo shorts (already have proper Nokoru shirt that i made from before)

stuff to do if i have time left:
- sunday costume (prolly Dom Li XD)
- redo trim on Yoh's shirt coz i'm totally not happy with it even though no one else seems to care
- Kurikara's crazy shoes (which i dnot' have to do since they're not a part of the costume from volume 11 that i'm doing, he just wears black leggings, but the shoes look cool!)

gaaah... but i can do it!

how far ahead/behind are all of you??

heki-chan
05-01-2003, 12:09 AM
*head goes BOOM*

lets see...

We're *ALMOST* but-not-quite finished:
-Gunner Yuna
-Popstar Yuna
-Ren/Lenne

We're 50% finished:
-Paine
-Ayame
-Raijin

We're 0%(yep, havnt started -_-):
-Seifer
-some monkey stuff

we're screwed.
Especially with the insane amount of school work lately as well....THREE BIG TESTS ON FRIDAY!!! WTF!?!?!?!? >_<;;;

so yeah. its gonna be a rough 2 weeks -_-;

~heki <--hasta go frikkn study now *curses..*

kenhidaka
05-01-2003, 12:17 AM
well for me I'm like 75% done:

things left to do:

-paint collar and front logo for Joey
-do Joey's hairstyle with my wig
-make dog tag collar
-dye Ken's jacket a darker brown
-attach belt buckles to his collar
-test out all costumes to make sure they fit

Mekou
05-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Oh boy now for the list of stuff NOT done...>_<

~ Neese
- re-vamp cape
- add purple border
- make top part of cape
- arm band thingie

~ Lenne
- vest
- arm bands
- side skirt

~ Isis
- make new headband
- the whole frikken dress! >_<
- touch up millenium necklace
- find shoes

~ Deedlit (for a friend
- attaching shoulder armor to cape
- chest armor
- boot covers
- dress
- design on dress and chest armor

-_- So much stuff to do...I could really use some help. *cries in corner* At the moment I wonder why bother becuase my costumes are going to turn out fuglies anyway..-_-

Minakolabelle
05-01-2003, 01:46 AM
lets see

kaoru
-make the scarf
-possibally the put teh spikes on the pants

Freya
-finish the beading
-sew inteh liner

Paine
-Finish the sword
-finish the Skull belt

Miss X
-every thing

Sakura
-everything

good thing my time consuming costumes are almost done

Seiya Yagami
05-01-2003, 01:58 AM
AAAAAAAAAAHHH~!!! *Jumps out the window* >.<

Erilan
05-01-2003, 02:48 AM
Yay. My Albedo will prolly end being done at the last minute. :p
And by the looks of things, Voldo won't prolly be repaired either. :|

Chosuke
05-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Left to do:

for Red prince Li-
The gold trim
The beige pants of doom
Fidning those scary ass white shoes

For Kamui-
Buying the Gauze
practically everything xx

Haku-
All materials bought.. just need to stick it together when i get the time xx'

Van <if I end up doing it xx;>
Altering that dern red shirt
finding the gloves

Mage
05-01-2003, 08:11 PM
*grits teeth* Must...find...Xianghua shoes....Setsuna military hat....Setsuna wig.....must...find....uhg....*falls over, twitching*

(costume progress isn't going well, but it only took me a few hours today to finish Setsuna's shirt ^o^ I was going to bind my chest for that costume, but then I would've had to wait longer before making the shirt and jacket and I wanted to get them over wtih. -_-; Isshi is not making progress at all. Xianghua is refusing to be completely finished. Monkey costume is languishing unfinished at my father's house. Yuzuki is also out of reach at the moment. Embla's tie is nearly finished, though...=\)

Limeyaku
05-01-2003, 08:31 PM
wow. we're a lazy bunch arent we? o_o

o dear.

Mage
05-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Nah...not lazy, just short on time. I have three exams coming up and a few culminating tasks and assignments that substitute for exams, so cosplay can only be so far up the priority list. XP

heki-chan
05-01-2003, 09:12 PM
SAME MAGE SAAAAAME X_X;

o about the shoes, send me a pic, ill get anna to check the store for them, ne? wht size are u? annnyways msg me on msn or something^_^

~heki

rainetomoe
05-01-2003, 09:54 PM
I've got most of our groups costumes done.

100%

Princess Kakyuu seramyu
Kimber cute costume
Kimber red dress
Aja jumpsuit
Aja cute outfit
Minx costumes 2

90%

Sailor Venus seramyu costume

50%
Rapture origonal costume
Rapture normal clothes

30%
Yaten school uniform seramyu

0%

Taiki school uniform seramyu
Seiya school uniform seramyu

Yah I've been really busy getting all the costume done for walk around, masqurade, and the sunday concert.

Sion
05-01-2003, 10:07 PM
jeez.. I reall dunno how you people can make all those hahaha @_@

Well err.. I'm not really dying of last minute stuff.. cuz my only costume its 95% complete. Yay =D

heki-chan
05-01-2003, 10:08 PM
LOL! stop rubbing it in eric! *SMACK* LOOOOOL

lemme see ur tidus hair goddamit!! >_<;

Mia-P
05-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Wee, I'm making progress, thank goodness, I would be done by now if I had a sewing machine ^0^;; *envies people who have a sewing machine* XD

Sion
05-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
LOL! stop rubbing it in eric! *SMACK* LOOOOOL

lemme see ur tidus hair goddamit!! >_<;

Hahahaha sorry =P

I e-mailed the pic btw, go check!!

Chosuke
05-02-2003, 07:11 AM
I am currently having a panic attack.

My mother is now saying that the haircut I NEED for Li and Kamui will probably not happen.wtf!?
She promised and now shes jsut like 'well.its just for the convention. if you want it that badly do it yourself.I don't care'

Two of my costumes will be ruined..

nyamiko_chan
05-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mia-P
Wee, I'm making progress, thank goodness, I would be done by now if I had a sewing machine ^0^;; *envies people who have a sewing machine* XD

OH! Mia i so fell your pain...I have to hand sew to...and i have so many different ideas to do...i don't know T-T

I will probably fall into cosplaying Selphie Tilmitt (KH Version)
I get a skipping rope!! XD

I need ideas for CNAnime tho..I'm promising myself to do aPaine costume...but i might go 2 days XD happiness! LOL

Mekou
05-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Eriku!! I wanna see too! *big puppy dog eyes*

Kisa
05-02-2003, 01:33 PM
hoy. What with moving and getting my new non-crackwhore house set-up (ie. Cleaning) I've gotten stupid abouts of sewing done. No internet and No telephone make fora productive Kisa. (i'm on Erica's computer right now)
So far I've gotten everything for my CCD coat done except sleeves, buttons and bias-tape done. And pins and stuff. Still have the shirt and shorts to do.
Have the Hat and Obis to do for Kijin, the shorts for Samurai Kyo, and to paint the maple-leafs onto my kakyou kimono and then sew it up. Not much left to do, but still lots........

Thank GOD i have no internet and telephone....

Kisa
05-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
if you want it that badly do it yourself.I don't care'

Two of my costumes will be ruined..

I cut my own hair for my Lawful drug costume ^-^ It can work. Just make sure you have someone to do the back.

heki-chan
05-02-2003, 04:33 PM
mmm...cant u just bus to a haircutting place and get a haircut urself?^_^ ur mom dusnt need to bring u, ne?^_^

xiola
05-02-2003, 09:56 PM
kisa: someone like ME to cut the back, you mean? ;PP *hugs* damn you for getting all your sewing done! i wish i was getting more done... but i'm starting, finally. *sigh* this is what i have so far: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=37364 but i'll talk to you on the 6th i guess :P

heki: i think she meant her mom was going to PAY for it... :P but yah... if you're in desperate need of a haircut, go to First Choice haircutters ne! most not-too-tiny towns might have one, there's a few in kitchener... they're 10$ for a haircut. it won't be SUPER-FANCY-GOOD, but it'll be totally passable, and 10$ isn't bad, right? o.o

good luck! :P

Mia-P
05-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Thats looking nice! Pretty shade of blue ^o^

Wee, I'm almost finished sewing the trim on the Fujin top! *dances*

heki-chan
05-03-2003, 12:50 AM
mm! wht xiola said!
ooor u can get a semi-decent one at those chinese-barber (sp?) places. its lik $14 or something
and most of those places are semi-good i think *shrugs*^_^

EXACTLY TWO WEEKS TO ANIMENORTH (wait.....13 days! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! *faints*)

Chosuke
05-03-2003, 07:18 AM
those are good ideas..

there is NO way she would let me cut my own hair really..but maybe first choice or one of those chinese places..
I had such bad experiences at first choice though x_x;;;;

Kikoro
05-03-2003, 04:50 PM
all i have left to do for my costumes is the bows. i have my bow for Hitomi (movie) and by bow for Integral. those are the major things. i have to dye my hair again and make some small acessories. i really wish i had gotten wings for my Hitomi costume, but i didnt feel like spending that much money on wings even though they were nice. i will just never use them again. other than that im pretty much done.

xiola
05-03-2003, 09:04 PM
araaa~~... *just got home from work and keeps spending ALL her money on fabric... >_<*

i have never understood parents having control over what you do to your hair (dying, cutting, etc). @_@ i understand a boss caring, but not parents. what's it to them? seriously, the only way it affects them at all is whether they'd be embarassed to be seen with you and what THEIR friends think, which is a bullshit reason for anything. and what can they do about it? it's not costing them money or hurting anyone, unlike the other things parents generally have control over.

i mean, i was a pretty good kid, and my parents were over protective as hell about social things till grade 11, but i cut my hair off till it was like an INCH short with scissors by myself in my room in grade 9, it was completely messy and ridiculous, and the next morning my mom just kinda O_o;; and said "i liked it better the way you had it last night..." but didn't do anything. i mean really, what could she do? and what would be the point? maybe i'm just weird, but i don't understand how parents can have any control over your hair. parents can be so stupid sometimes.

first choice is kinda iffy, i agree, but i mean... it's a short-ish cut, which means it'll grow out soon, and it's better than doing nothing.

there's also the option of buying a wig, of course. it costs more than a cheap-ass haircut, but if part of your mom's issue is the fact that you'd be cutting your hair for something like this, maybe a wig would be better as far as being temporary goes. i dunno. then there's also going and bugging all your friends and brorowing a wig from someone... *shrugs*

Limeyaku
05-05-2003, 07:20 PM
*panics* ;_;

xiola
05-06-2003, 12:47 AM
i'm working on my stupid kurikara sword now... i lost one of my pairs of pliers and it's big and annoying and hurty, so the first part is really sucking to make... *cries* i like the parts AFTER i finish the wire frame better. hopefully i can smooth it out in that stage.

i just hope it doesn't get in the way while it's drying and annoy my roomate coz it'll take several days for me to finish -_-;; stupid thing. it'd better not look like total crap. :(

Kia
05-07-2003, 08:47 AM
Yesterday I went into downtown T.O. to pick up my Luna wig. Surprise surprise, they don't have it. The closest one in the style I need is in brown and I don't have the time to dye it. Tried to find Malabar's, but got lost.... twice ... It really sad too. Born and raised in T.O. go away for a few years, come back and can't find a thing.... (but I lived in the west end, so the downtown core was never my thing). NOw I have to take a day off school to go back downtown and see if I can get what I need.... gah!

Chosuke
05-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Ahh Vicky! what are you going to do now?
Seems both of us are having hair related problems ._.;

Kia
05-07-2003, 02:17 PM
I dono.... I now have to go back into T.O. tomorrow after school and try to get to all these places before they close (most close around 6pm) I'm getting the stinking feeling that the only way I'm gonna get all this stuff done is if I stop turning up to school next week. ^_^ Oh well, we'll see what happens soon enough.

Scoti
05-07-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm having hair problems too T_T" the dye I used to colour my yuki wig isn't coming out as well as the first time I did it..*sigh*

Chosuke
05-07-2003, 08:13 PM
wow!
It's finally looking up for me
My mom agree'd to take me to get my hair done *-*..

I luff my mommeh :X

Kia
05-09-2003, 01:37 PM
I managed to get a wig yesterday, as well as extensions... I'm just not exactly sure what to do with them...

rainetomoe
05-09-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm still working on my Yaten costume and the Taiki costume. It looks like we won't have a Seiya for Anime North though cause I ran out of material and I'm running out of time. *runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off.*

Limeyaku
05-09-2003, 04:44 PM
*______* no more panics for now!!! im sure, for now that everything will get finished! >D YAAAAAAY!!

got my rikku scarf today!!!!!! *0* YAAAAAY!!!!!! THNKIES AGAIN !!! ^0^ just gotta dye it now.

scoti, UR WIG LOOKS GREAAT IN UR AVIE! *______*

Chosuke
05-10-2003, 08:42 AM
woohoo!!
I just bought all the stuff for my Kamui on friday..
including the BRIGHT-ASS 60$ CONTACTS OF DOOM

This is turning out skankier then first expected xD I'm going to look like a man-whore

Scoti
05-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
*______* no more panics for now!!! im sure, for now that everything will get finished! >D YAAAAAAY!!

got my rikku scarf today!!!!!! *0* YAAAAAY!!!!!! THNKIES AGAIN !!! ^0^ just gotta dye it now.

scoti, UR WIG LOOKS GREAAT IN UR AVIE! *______*

Thank you Limeyaku ^ ^ now if only I can get it to look like that again at AN lol
I'm lookin' forward to seeing your Rikku :p

Minakolabelle
05-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Scoti, if i fall on you will you turn into that cute rat?

xiola
05-11-2003, 04:29 AM
*panics.... *

-_-;;

(for some reason after getting tiny hours at my job i've been scheduled ALL WEEK next week, it just HAS to be the week before anime north. DAMMIT! NO TIME! *cries* at least i asked for the weekend off a long time ago ^_~)

Scoti
05-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Minakolabelle
Scoti, if i fall on you will you turn into that cute rat?

lol maybe... but you'll have to catch me first! *runs off*:p

as a side note:
>> heres the link for the AN gathering badge for anyone who hasn't printed it out yet
http://www.webpost.net/sc/Scoti/ANbadge.jpg

Kisa
05-11-2003, 01:45 PM
*hugs Xio* It's ok. I still have lots of Riko to do, AND my sword... and finish my hat and dye my wig and do my shorts for CCD and do the cuffs and arrow things and pins.... *-*
*cries*

heki-chan
05-11-2003, 10:30 PM
hopefully Seifer will be done in time for the con *panic attack*

right now it looks more lik a Griffendor robe (cept gray LOL) rather than seifer ^_^;;;;;

Mekou
05-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Don't worry Heki! You can do it!!!

Just get someone to stadd behind ya with a whip and you'll get it done for sure. ^_~

Kia
05-12-2003, 06:38 AM
:: sigh :: as of right now, Luna has been cut... the wig has become really impossible, and unless I ewither stop going to school, or a miracle happens, there will be no Luna.... :: cries ::
As soon as I finish the Mime, then I'll come back to Luna, but it's looking pretty unlikely right about now...

Mia-P
05-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Ahhh its getting so close ;___;

heki-chan
05-12-2003, 11:30 PM
MMM! Seifer is 70% finished. all i need now is the small detailing....hand-ribbing >_>;;
and the collar

but yeah...should be done soooooon. probably wednesday.

then that leaves me with one day to finish Gunner yuna and hopefully Ayame -_-;

but! at least Seifer is looking muchly sexay rite now^0^

Chosuke
05-13-2003, 06:44 AM
You can do it Winnie!!!!
Woohoo! go girl xD
Oh well..if all else fails just rip off the sleeves and collar and say your boyfriend is the 'sexy ravaged seifer' and get him al sweaty n stuff xD

Kia
05-13-2003, 06:47 AM
O_O .... I don't wanna know what's on *your* mind lately...

Chosuke
05-13-2003, 06:59 AM
You don't.
REALLY.
You don't..

xD kekekekeke

Sarcasm-hime
05-15-2003, 12:11 PM
I've given up on competing this year. It's just not going to happen, mostly because I got really sick last week and am just barely getting over it, so most of the stuff I was going to do this week has not gotten done. *sigh* Oh well, it's not like I had a skit idea anyways. Bleh.

kenhidaka
05-15-2003, 01:19 PM
My ken hidaka outfit is done *phew*. Now all I got to do is Joey but the fabric paint was a pain. Even with the borders and stencils down, some of the paint still snuck by it and got on the not-supposed-to-be-painted areas *cries*. I'm goign to wash it and use white-out as my last resort. Hopefully things will turn out. It doesn't look too bad but I knew I can do better but only a month to work on it was not smart *sweatdrop* anyways Heki, good luck with the making of the costume and don't give up. Everyone on here is rooting for you. *does the wave* Peace and see you all at AN!!!

Kisa
05-15-2003, 01:39 PM
mmm. I Likes fabricpaint... to the point where I make a completely from scratch costume in three days, just to say I used it.
And you know, not do the costumes I *should* be working on...
ohhohoho Kakyou. You'll be pretty yet mopey in your 'not-quite-the-right-colours-but-still-pretty-maple-leaf-jacket'

ai. Tomorrow is AN. #*$^#%@# So much to dooo

Sion
05-15-2003, 02:26 PM
As some of you may know (probably not many hehe) since my Sion Barzahd costume is 100% complete (yay) I took on the crazy last minute task of making a sword for the Tidus costume I'll be wearing.. so yeah, I used all the woodworking tools I could and made one badass sword in 3 days hahahahahaha omfg it looks so awsome, and I thought I was crazy starting it so close to the con time, but now its done! W0000000000000T So I am prepared for the con!

Jeez I'm kinda nervous...lol

So the only thing I have left to do is make 4 silver crosses for Tidus outfit and pack for the con... 1 day to do it, will it be done?
Find out on the next episode of "Holy Crap the Con is Tomorrow!"

Erilan
05-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Haw... I'm gonna be done at the very last second. :bigtu:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=39897papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=39898&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

Kia
05-15-2003, 09:34 PM
I think I'm gonna hit som'thin or som'one ... I suggest to everyone to NEVER rely on someone else to help you with any vital piece of a costume. It will only end in disaster... :: sigh :: and I had such high hopes for this weekend :(

Limeyaku
05-15-2003, 09:46 PM
helphelphelphelphelp

im so screwed.

craps.