PDA

View Full Version : cosplays for '08

kelsey uchiha
06-28-2007, 08:01 PM
who or what are you cosplaying or crossplaying as?

Lukas Sanvien
06-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Major Mokoto Kusanagi.

Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in cosplaying as anyone else from Section Nine, I would be extremely grateful. Ghost In The Shell groups are so very hard to form. We already have a Tachikoma, but are in dire need of other people.

Please Help!

Also, Anbu Ninja, Sand Village.

kelsey uchiha
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
very cool!

TonyTonyChopper
07-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm planing on going as Mr. 2, or Bon Clay from One Piece.

Ashleythedragon
07-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Megumi from Zatch Bell and my Sister as Tia/Tio.

crazyangel
07-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Haku from Naruto with my friend Kate as orochimaru (im making both costumes)
Scientist Vs of Vexen from KH:FM and CoM
Random Gothic Lolita
Time Boy from Di Gi Charat
im planning on more i just havent figured them out yet

the_z
07-22-2007, 08:58 PM
if i get it done i plan to go as neji
if not i'll go as Kankuro agine

kelsey uchiha
07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
umm.. i might be crossplaying sasuke..

Justke
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
After reading more Naruto -- I might want to cosplay as Suigetsu, and make Zabuza's sword ^___^ but I'm really iffy on the colors of his hair/outfit, so I'll just make it work as best I can lol there are so many different versions of it D: waaaaah.

keropan
07-23-2007, 11:00 PM
'nother Naruto cosplayer here. I'll probably go as Shippuuden Naruto on one day. Maybe Karin too, since I haven't worn that yet; Roxas again if my friend is going as Sora.
I'm thinking about making a Rabi (from D.Gray-man) costume :3 and if I'm feeling crazy and ambitious enough, Lightning from FF13.

After reading more Naruto -- I might want to cosplay as Suigetsu, and make Zabuza's sword ^___^ but I'm really iffy on the colors of his hair/outfit, so I'll just make it work as best I can lol there are so many different versions of it D: waaaaah.

Gah, I know how you feel. I made Karin's outfit for AX, but ended up not wearing it. I'm not too hot on the idea of her hair color.... anyway, you have plenty of time to decide since SC isn't for quite a while. :]

Le Rikki
07-24-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm not 100% sure yet but so far I plan on going as Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach) and possibly Romeo (Romeo x Juliet). If I am not feeling ambitious enough though I will just rewear a costume from Kumori Con.

TsukikoAiko
07-24-2007, 07:14 PM
*points to signature* Those are my plans. I have a few people forming a cosplay group for the two PacNW cons. Sakuracon is Guilty Gear, Tsukihime, and Howl's Moving Castle and Kumoricon 08 is Guilty Gear, DOA, and Noir. It's going to be a blast.

Blackjack Gabbi
07-27-2007, 03:20 AM
If I can figure out how to do it, I'll be Wendy O Koopa. If not, then JP again.

Justke
07-27-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm thinking about making a Rabi (from D.Gray-man) costume :3

Gah, I know how you feel. I made Karin's outfit for AX, but ended up not wearing it. I'm not too hot on the idea of her hair color.... anyway, you have plenty of time to decide since SC isn't for quite a while. :]

Ooh, I'm gonna make a Rhode costume for kumoricon -- maybe I'll be able to wear it for sakuracon :D we should get pics together if you do!

Yeah....I don't like the idea of red hair + red eyes + purple jacket lol I like black hair better XD but that's just me. Yeah, after kumoricon I'll only be working on Vincent so I'll have time to do Suigetsu as well :]] kukuku.

Kumi-chan
07-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Yukina (Yu Yu Hakusho), hopefully with a group of YYH characters
Sango (Inuyasha), demon-slayer version
Syaoran (Tsubasa), country of Jade outfit
Alphonse (FMA), movie version
Merle (Escaflowne) or Shampoo (Ranma 1/2); if Shampoo, I'll have two outfits to choose from

And possibly:
Sakura (Tsubasa), Oto or Shura outfit, photoshoot/fashion show or Cosplay only

ArissaMay121
07-29-2007, 03:39 AM
Raine Sage from Tales of Symphonia. Want to find me? Follow the 'ooh's and the 'aah's. :skidude2:

Nah, I'm not that cool. I've just got all kinds of fancy staff-wielding tricks up my sleve. :P

myalchod
07-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Things I know I'll be doing:
- Ise Nanao from Bleach (with my Taichou, and also a Byakushi (unless she changes her mind) and a Renji)
- Road Kamelot (not sure which outfit, only that I want to do something other than her first this time) from D.Gray-man (with a Tyki, an Earl, a Cross, and ... well, not sure what our last will be)
- Ryuushi Risai from Juuni Kokki (Twelve Kingdoms), in her usual outfit, as I decided I'm not quite insane enough to try to make armour (and too lazy to figure out how to do the wig it would take to go as Rokuta) (with a pre-Empress Youko, and possibly a Kei-ou)

Possibilities:
- Okita Souji (Peacemaker Kurogane version, in yukata) for Day 0
- I've got plans for a kimono modeled after Kyoraku-taichou's pink haori, because the idea of cosplaying Nanao in that amuses me too much, and I want to see if my silkpainting skills are up to it. If all works out, I'll have that for the con, in which case I may be in that instead of shihakushou (especially if my sister comes up, because that'll spare me having to make another hakama). That is, of course, assuming I don't go insane and kill myself in the course of making it. XD

I'm hoping for a shiny new Road costume that I can play around with between now and then, because really, I need more projects. *hides* We'll see.

salazar
07-30-2007, 02:14 AM
totally posted in the wrong forum, guys. sorry 'bout that.

kelsey uchiha
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM
wow, someone is busy..

rockthedojo
07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Im going to be Ifrit FFX style with a little old school hints as far as attire...

L Gackto
08-03-2007, 06:53 PM
L desu for Sakura Con. :) I need a Misa. hehe.

kelsey uchiha
08-06-2007, 05:21 PM
i might be doing misa as well, so well see...

Prince_Malice
08-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Kiba from Naruto and Prince Malice from Blood of a Warrior

kelsey uchiha
08-07-2007, 08:17 PM
can't wait to see your handywork, on p.m.!!!*_*

Kumi-chan
08-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Since it looks like there's going to be another Yukina in my Yu Yu Hakusho group, I'll be doing Koto (foxgirl MC from the Dark Tournament arc). It actually looks like we're doing a fairly big Dark Tournament group, so I'm pretty excited. About the group, and the fact that I get to have big foxy ears and a tail and a microphone.

Since I'll be dyeing my hair red for the costume, it looks like I'll have to get a wig for Alphonse after all. It's probably for the best, since I think my natural hair is a bit too dark for Al.

So...cosplays (female): Koto, Sango, Merle, Sakura; crossplays: Alphonse, Syaoran. Still need to figure out where to get shoes for Syaoran, looking for something Sleepy Hollow-esque.

Kaits
08-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I might pop in for a day seeing as I live 20 minutes away. I haven't decided on which costume I'm wearing yet. but it'll most likely be one of these.

Toph (Season 3) - Avatar: the last airbender
Haku - Naruto
Generic Anime Character - Something

AznGalahad
08-19-2007, 05:13 AM
I really want to do Kanzaki Reito from Mai-hime

Minkao
08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh! I'm only going for one day, but when I do go, I will be Yuna from Final Fantasy X. =D

KitsuneMage
08-22-2007, 05:44 AM
I really haven't decided, but I've got a list of possibles.

-Prinny (Disgaea)
-Shaoran (Probably his normal outfit)
-Shima (Stellvia, assuming I actually watch the thing at some point)
-Kozue (Mahoraba)
-Any given char from Lucky Star

hopefully I can decide soon so I can start working xD

Rekka
08-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Possibilities are in my signiture, but one I'm really hoping to do is Itoshiki Nozomu, because Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (the anime) is so new that maybe the few who are following along with it will know who I am.

That and I've always wanted to wear a kimono and hakama for a cosplay. And go around yelling "I'M IN DESPAAAAIIIIIIIRRRRR" all day with a rope around my neck.

ZinTheHeartless
08-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I'll probably be going as...

Envy (Fullmetal Alchemist)
My Kingdom Hearts OC (Group)
Random Lolita/Visual Kei
And something else that I have yet to think of

Haruhi-tan
09-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Aegis (Persona 3)
Akira Kogami (Lucky Star)
Miina (Getsumen to Heiki Miina)
Eruru (Utawarerumono)

TsukikoAiko
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I know I've already posted in here, but plans changed again.

I will be going as (100%) S-ko from Guilty Gear and Shana from Legend of Dragoon (Dart will be with me, and POSSIBLY Miranda)

Depending on photoshoot times I will also have Rin with me from Fate/Stay Night.

Ichigo=15
09-08-2007, 05:42 PM
If plans go alright, I'm gonna be bringing 4 cosplays to Sakura Con '08:

Kurosaki Ichigo 'Shikai' Form
Kurosaki Ichigo 'Hollow Bankai' Form
Jushiro Ukitake
time-skip Aburame Shino

girl156
09-16-2007, 01:50 AM
deleted for personal reasons

lja136
09-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Season 2 Katara from Avatar!

narutofan195
09-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm going to go as
Lady black pearl (legend of mana, ps1)
kaoru (host club) with my group
Axel(?) KH2 (again)
or G-man (psychonauts)

Rekka
09-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Turns out I'll be cosplaying Itoshiki from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei FOR HALLOWEEN, and most likely not for SakuraCon 08.

Even so, I believe my cosplays will be...

1. Hibari Kyoya (Reborn!)

2. Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories)

3. Szayel Aporro Grantz (Bleach)

RainbowSheltie
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Hm..... my list....

Koenma -adult-(YYH)
Roxas -normal-(KHII)
Hisoka -normal-(YnM)
Fuji Shusuke (PoT)
Quatre (GWing)?

trapunto
02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
:D Hey!

I'm going in an Avatar group as Katara and a NANA group as Nana K.

Mogami Kyouko
02-07-2008, 05:40 AM
It's official. I'm going to get to go to Sakura Con a second time! I can barely contain my excitement, hence the exclamation points! I'd be working on my cosplays as we speak, but I have a really bad cold. It's a pity- I usually get sick so often over the winter and this year I thought I'd get away with only being ill once, but it is not meant to be.

What's not so official, is the cosplays I'll be doing, but here's the list.

Eyes Rutherford from Spiral (Definite. I am finishing this in time for Sakura con.)
Shana from Shakugan no Shana (Tentative. If I don't get in shape enough by then to wear a skirt that short and not be embarassed, or the person I'm having commission it screws up, it'd have to wait for Anime North.)
Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, (In the case that Shana gets put on hold, I'll recycle this one. And, who knows, maybe I'll meet up with this huge YYH gathering that seems to be forming.)

The~Wind
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Whee~ Sakura-Con, again. Though this will be my seventh year attending, I still get these weird butterflies in my stomach the night before a convention. I don't know how to explain it other than... OMG~ CON!

Here is the list of my planned, finished, I'm doing this costume damn it! for this year. They're listed in the order I am wearing them. They're also color coded. Red is not started, Yellow is in progress and Green is finished

Thursday:
Taiki Kou (Concert Suit) -Sailor Moon Stars

Friday:
Clow Reed - Card Captor Sakura
Brad Crawford - Weiss Kreuz
Human Luna (Masquerade) - Sailor Moon S

Saturday:
Tomonori Nakaura - Juvenile Orion
Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing
Human Luna - Sailor Moon S
Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing

Sunday:
Gaignun Kukai/Nigredo - Xenosaga Series
Bowman Jean - Star Ocean 2: The Second Story

koibito813
02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm going to go as
Lady black pearl (legend of mana, ps1)
kaoru (host club) with my group
Axel(?) KH2 (again)
or G-man (psychonauts)

-tackles- spoooooon axellllllll...i finded you. :O

you as axel and your spoon are going to the con. that's an order. :skidude2:

but anyway...last year i went as axel, but THIS year i'll be femme axel. surprising? only slightly. i'm taking this costume way seriously. going to make the wig as accurate as i can this time. five hours a day for two months researching and such...plus learning the hare hare yukai for no reason...all for three days.

hey, cosplay is fun. ;)

Marlinspike
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Unless my father ends up in the hospital again, I'll be going to Sakura Con for my second time-- I'm so excited! With any luck, I'll be going as Amu Hinamori from Shugo Chara. I'm so nervous though, I'm having trouble finding everything I need, haha.

kaizoku_hime
02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Boyfriend is going as Zoro from One Piece, I am going as Sergeant Tashigi ^^

We may plan on going as Roger Smith and Dorothy Waynewright from Big O for one of the other days O.o It depends on how fast we can get everything done ;_;

inseaweedswim
02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I should be there as Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi with a FY group and Aegis from Persona 3 in her school uniform! Maybe a third costume will get completed in time, buuuut I don't wanna stress myself out too much.

Caelendil
02-14-2008, 12:23 AM
I will be going as Axel saturday and sunday, I'll be wearing a kimono friday =)

The Kraken
02-14-2008, 02:00 AM
I was just going to walk around in regular clothes, but my girlfriend says I should do my Auron costume. I don't know.

MadEddy
02-18-2008, 04:39 AM
I'm going as Sir Integra Hellsing, my roommate will be Seras Victoria, my boyfriend will be Alucard, and my other good friend will be Alexander Anderson.

My roommate's on crutches for the foreseeable future and I'll have an arm in a sling, so we'll probably look pretty funny. I guess we'll be the Hellsing cast after a terrible car accident.

Marlinspike
02-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I was just going to walk around in regular clothes, but my girlfriend says I should do my Auron costume. I don't know.
Do it! Going in a cosplay is so much more fun. Even if you end up doing the same costume all weekend, it's still better than normal clothes.

Plus, Auron is made of win and happiness.

YattaDante
02-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I'll be cosplaying as:

Green Ranger (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers)
Mori (Host Club)
Pit (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)
Shirou (Fate/Stay Night)
Pokémon D&P Trainer (skit only)
Zack (Crisis Core; up in the air)

trapunto
02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
:'d

trapunto
02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
I'll be cosplaying as:

Mori (Host Club)

I <3 YOU.

The Kraken
02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Do it! Going in a cosplay is so much more fun. Even if you end up doing the same costume all weekend, it's still better than normal clothes.

Oh, I know. I'm a costuming junkie and I've already been to 2 cons in '08. I'll have just moved across the country like two days before the con and I don't know if I'll have the energy/desire to suit up. I likely will, though. My girlfriend kinda has a thing for Auron and I don't want to disappoint her. :)

dark_master34
02-19-2008, 06:47 PM
I'll be cosplaying as:

Mori (Host Club)
Pit (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)
Shirou (Fate/Stay Night)
Pokémon D&P Trainer (skit only)
Zack (Crisis Core; up in the air)

You're going as the Green Ranger after all huh? To bad I'm not going as the White Ranger I first said I would be cosplaying as. That would've been awesome for pictures. Maybe one day?

For all of you who don't know who I'm going to be cosplaying as I'm going to be the following characters:

Abarekiller from the Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger (Also known as the White Dino Ranger from Power Rangers: Dino Thunder)

Yami Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh! (I will be returning as him for one last time before I put the costume in a temporary retirement. This time I will have all seven Millennium Items on me for a brief period.)

Light Yagami from Death Note (Will stand out from the other Light cosplayers. Check my photos to see what I mean)

Piro from Megatokyo (I'm looking forward to this one. I cosplay as him for 2 hours at KC before)

That is my entire costume list!

JenniferPlague
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm going as as Hikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. (She's the "class rep")

Hmm... I have to save my money this year because I'm trying to get up enough to study abroad, so I really can't do multiple cosplays. Although I'd really, really like to! XD

The Evil One
02-23-2008, 04:57 AM
Tidus - FFX Sorta got roped into it, but i've started having a lot of fun making it. Flametongue XD

Roberta - Black Lagoon, primary costume

Junpei - Megatokyo. This one is up in the air cause not liking how meh wig is turning out at the moment.

Gabishi/Kazu - Air Gear one of the two might pop up....heaven forbid i NOT wear an air gear costume to a con....

the_z
03-04-2008, 07:47 PM
know i'm going as:
Kankuro - naruto (i did this last year need a filler this year)
lil' slugger - paranoia agent

might go as:
Nicholas D. Wolfwood - trigun (need to finish sires)

AznTranquility
03-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Yuffie [AC]
Agito [AirGear]
Luppi [Bleach]
Kamatari [Rurouni Kenshin]
Haruhi [Melancholy of...]
Sasuke [Naruto]
XXX from XXX seeecreet =)

LadyAnissina
03-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Neat other Yu Yu Hakusho cosplayers^^ I will most like be dressing my son (who will be 10 months old) as Koenma and me as Botan. (Spousal overunit is excited about the blue hair. He's been trying to get me to dye it that color for years.)

I can't wait until this baby is born! At his/her first con, we'll dress him/her up as Kon and Fuu or Jin (depending on baby's gender)!

This year we're going as Rukia (yellow sundress) and Ichigo (jeans and t-shirt from same ep) if I can get the Ichigo wig here on time (it took me forever to find one that doesn't look dayglo). I'll be the pregnant Rukia LOL.
We're also playing it old school with a little NGE. He'll be Gendo Ikari and I'll be Ritsuko Akagi. It'll be fun, I'm really excited.
I might throw a little Cooking Mama in there as well. :)

Blade Tiger
03-06-2008, 03:55 AM
I'm traveling pretty far for this con, so I can only take one full costume with me. It's probably going to be Asch the Bloody from Tales of the Abyss.

LadyAnissina
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm traveling pretty far for this con, so I can only take one full costume with me. It's probably going to be Asch the Bloody from Tales of the Abyss.

All of these "Tales" costumes! I'm so excited to see them!

GyzmoAlchemist
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm not even sure if I'm going yet, but if I do, I might be going as Stoner from Eureka Seven (if only to be able to snap hundreds of pictures and not have people complain too much :3). I just have to finish it in the 18 days 7 hours 1 minute and 7 seconds that I have left...:lost:

I also have a Matrix costume that's been gathering dust, so if Stoner doesn't work out, I'll probably just go as that.

Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in cosplaying as anyone else from Section Nine, I would be extremely grateful. Ghost In The Shell groups are so very hard to form. We already have a Tachikoma, but are in dire need of other people.

There's a SLIM chance I could have a Batou cosplay ready by Sac '08 - I hadn't put much emphasis on it 'cause I didn't see any other G.I.T.S. cosplayers, but if there's a large enough group of you guys, I'll put it into high gear. :toothy:

And a freakin' Tachikoma would be awesome!

narutofan195
03-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I am going to be Legend of mana's lady Black pearl, and possibly Spoon axel again!! ^_^ i Found the PERFECT weapon material (that is safe and sturdy, not to mention can reduce back pain!!) and sakura con is 2 days after my 17th birthday!!! YAY!!!!

Chiclet
03-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Yet another Tales cosplayer here~!

I'll be going as Dist the Rose from Tales of the Abyss. :D I'm really looking forward to it.