PDA

View Full Version : Animazement: The Countdown

Studmaster
05-01-2003, 09:23 AM
Well, its May 1st at last, and there are officially 24 Days until Animazement 2003. We can say that this little convention is coming and coming fast. The costume rush is going to start soon, and the anticpation is going to come to a fever pitch. So give us your excitement, your raving, and even ranting abou certain things.

So the question is...Are you ready?

liz-maru
05-01-2003, 09:38 AM
im not readay costume wise but im so ready me wise! ^_- ah hee! i cant wait! ^_^_^_^_^_^_^ yahoooooo!!!

Hikaruchan
05-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Nope, not ready. Got 2 costumes still working on - but not going to make myself sick trying to finish them. If they get done, great - if not - well can always wear them at Otakon.

Himemiya
05-01-2003, 11:18 AM
Nuuuuu! I have so much to do and so much to work on and so much to finish! Eeeeee!

arisuchan
05-01-2003, 11:47 AM
how did it get to be so close?? (don't answer that *^^*) I have way way too much to finish! and Jibrille and I really need to finish deciding what we're wearing when cause we're really silly about that *^^* Still I'm excitied about it and can't wait to see all of you there!

Oshi
05-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Nope. Still gotta start Shuuin X_X

AshleyV
05-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Costume wise I'm not ready, but mentally I am!

Link Arroway
05-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
So the question is...Are you ready?

Ahhh.. >_< No i'm not ready, my costume isn't ready and like its all like i dunno everything yet and I haven't even had time to practice DDR, Ack! I must finish my AMV!!!!!!!!! >_>;

evaneko
05-01-2003, 03:06 PM
gah!! definatly not done with any costumes -_- but im close!! panics gonna set in soon- i can feel it!!

Cosmos
05-01-2003, 04:44 PM
My goodness am I NOT ready! >< ...I have an AMV to finish, two costumes to do (not counting on another one I have to help my friend with) and money to gather. It's gonna be one crazy 3 weeks ^^;;

Link Arroway
05-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Awesome another AMV maker

Rinkun
05-01-2003, 06:02 PM
finally finished Merika-chan...now to start on Kumi o__o; but other wise, i'm ready ^_^

Link Arroway
05-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Cool, looks as though this year is going to be great ^_^ I'm so excited, my AMV this year actually seems cool.. I did one last year, but it was my first AMV and it sucked!.. but I like this one, and this year, i'm going to cosplay! for the first time! yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmboybob
05-01-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm still adding the finishing touches on my costume. But like the most of you, I am ready ME wise! :)

Link Arroway
05-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Your going to be Gendo Ikari?

rogue
05-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Flexei and I are taking 5 costumes a piece. So 10 all together. I have 9 completed. The 10th (Sadamitsu) is 90% completed. We just need to add some small details to the helmit. Then..........I'll be done!!!! Ha, ha, ha.....finally :crylaugh:

Hopefully we'll be sending our AMV out in the mail tomorrow.

I saw on the website that the hotel is sold out. I'm glad we made reservations a month ago.

Hikaruchan
05-01-2003, 09:59 PM
My sister & I were talking about how we are probably going to be attending even more panels then normal - as since no Watase so far - that means no line waiting. Unfortunately, that also means a lot of FYML not planning on coming which is sad that I won't see them this year.
I have definitely been mentally ready for a good bit for the con to be here.
I need to email Marcus to see if he is doing a cel panel again this year - might not since the FY cel collectors not coming together. Hmm

Link Arroway
05-01-2003, 10:06 PM
I look forward to seeing all the new AMVs ^_^. And new everything else of course.. 5 costumes, your going to be busy I see :P cool.
I hope my father made the reservations for me like he said he had >_> If not I'll kill him... He wrote a check for me 3 day pass thing and said he'd mail it in and I wondered why I didn't get a lil thing in the mail back and like a month later (a few days ago), I found it in his things and he was like yeah I'll send it tommarow and he sent it the day after tommarow >_>

Giant Alucard
05-02-2003, 08:47 AM
AHHHHHHH, I'm still not ready yet. It seems that whenever a con is coming up I'm never ready......... I hope i'm developing a habit here.

ShingoBunny
05-02-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm more ready than before.... ^^ Just some little things and some pants.... Myahahaha...

minako chan
05-02-2003, 01:32 PM
O.o;;; Oh my goodness,this seems like the panic thread! I'm going to have hitomi done for tomorrow(for a party). I'll work on chii this week and Minako's school uniform the next week. Well, I guess I'm ok then...

Link Arroway
05-02-2003, 01:47 PM
I wanna go to a party >_> I was going to go to one today or tommarow but it was canceled today. Oh well, more time to get ready.. How many days now? About 20 days left! ^_^

evaneko
05-02-2003, 06:33 PM
ack! i thought i was almost done with just finishing touches to do- and then i realized that my yuffie has no shorts >< i dont know what im gonna do!!!! i can't wear the costume w/ no shorts- i dont have a pattern for shorts AND i gave up on making one bc i could not get it to fit right!!! panic!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Ginny
05-02-2003, 06:39 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11773

Perhaps the panel will turn into a sewing session of people trying to finish their costumes for Saturday. *laugh*

I have a ton to do yet, but I'm not worried. School doesn't start up again for 2 weeks for me, so I have some free time until then.

Link Arroway
05-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Your lucky! I haven't had a break since like spring break, like in March, I think it was. And it was only one week =(

I need to find me some red contacts...

quadrain61
05-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey farmboybob goin to be Gendo Ikari eh, I thought you you were goin as the towelében...haha farmboybob (inside joke)

Kas
05-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Hmm..let's see.. I have 3 costumes to do and have I started.. Nope!! Somehow I end up making costumes up until the night before and sometimes at the con.. I seriously need to get out of that mood.. I've done it for every con I've been too. -_-``

aparrelainetai
05-02-2003, 11:59 PM
20 days left....only 15 more school days... *_*

Farmboybob
05-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey quadrain61, maybe I'll think about it. I still have that costume somewhere in my house!

Link Arroway
05-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Yeah, Gendo Ikari is cool

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Umm.......i'm not ready......If Bellosome doesn't get finished, i'll just wear the flowers! But, i'm prediicing it will be finished! LET'S HOPE!!!!!

Link Arroway
05-04-2003, 02:56 AM
sounds cool

ShingoBunny
05-04-2003, 11:13 AM
19 days... *paaaanic* My Tetsuo-esque arm isn't done yet, nor is my Shingo costume... there's my K'9999 boots and belt... and I forgot Kensou's armbands and knee pad! T____T

Wish me luck!

Farmboybob
05-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Good luck ShingoBunny, post a picture of the Tetsuo-esque arm when you finish it. I would really like to see it! :)

Jibrille
05-04-2003, 07:42 PM
hrmm... 3 weeks...

money - i am ready
costumes - i am so not ready its not even remotely amusing ><

and at this point i am really just trying to figure out exactly what i am supposed to be even wearing. lol
all i know is my purple Jibrille dress is going to be making its last run at this con.
other than that... hmmm
assassin and tsukasa and ritsuko are definites...
after that we have to see what all i can get finished. lol

thank the gods i get done with school the week before con so i have a whole week to do nothing but sew and sleep! XD

arisuchan
05-04-2003, 11:47 PM
yes you will be at my house sewing like crazy *^^* I will have to keep the babies away from you so you actually work!

As for me the definates are now Sara again, Subaru from .hack//sign and Dark Gunner Yuna. I will probably wear one of my chi costumes again but I haven't decided which one yet.

ShingoBunny
05-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Thanks, Farmboybob. n_n I need all of the encouragement I can possibly get... ^^;

HealerKou
05-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Haha, I'm not ready at all. I'm always at work from 9 in the morning to 9 at night, so I have no free time >_<; I need to finish my skit costume!! *runs around, arms flailing*

And, get this, I just realized TODAY that her gloves are a different color than her boots. Holy crap. How did I not notice that before?

*falls asleep*

Ranma Saotome
05-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Hmm...

Friday I will get the stuff for 3rd Mix Rage. Tommorrow (today) I'll mail out my AMVs.

Lovelyangel_81
05-05-2003, 10:40 AM
I have to make my crown for my Anthy Costume. Other then that. I am ready. I can't wait for AZ. :)

ShingoBunny
05-05-2003, 11:12 AM
What are we at...? This is a countdow, correct? 18 days? @_@;;;; *SPAZZ*

arisuchan
05-05-2003, 02:40 PM
arrrgghhh! why do days keep slipping away from me?? I fell asleep with my kittens today instead of working on my dark gunner costume! i can't wait until Jibrille's finished with classes so so will kick me if i don't work! must get costumes finished!!

Cosmos
05-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Argh, I'm not even conserned with my costumes now, it's just the fact of making them now (and I'm not the one sewing 'em XD)... It the AMV I'm worried about *more panic*

rogue
05-05-2003, 07:14 PM
YES!!!! I'm finished. I have all 8 of our new costumes finished with plenty of time to spare. :toothy:

zephy
05-05-2003, 07:47 PM
One of my friends is going to let me stay in her room for free (her mother's treat :) ) so as long as I can come up with $98 for greyhound, I can go !

hmmm... IfI wind up going, I should have Robin from WHR done by then (didn't have her done in time for the east coast picnic :( but if I go, linds , you get to see my robin!) . I'll probably have one of my Chii costumes done by then as well. Maybe I'll find a simple costume to do as a 3rd one. Any suggestions?

liz-maru
05-05-2003, 07:50 PM
omg now i think i have yet another costume to finish! i thought i wouldnt be able to finish my chun-li costume, but now i think i can so >< i thought it might be a popular costume to do, but dang! >< lol im ranting!

AshleyV
05-05-2003, 10:21 PM
This weekend it's major sewing time, now that ChibiCon 2k3 is overwith. I will have Chi and Dark Gunner Yuna finished in time for AZ! I cannot wait.

Giant Alucard
05-06-2003, 07:00 AM
I will have no cash to spend at the con now....... All of it is going toward my two costumes and my hotel fee (and we're not even staying in the hotel the con is at; and I don't relish the fact I'll have to take my Hellsing guns outdoors *shiver*). Hopefully I'm not outbided on ebay again so I can aquire the parts I need for my costumes, I also need a magical cane for my Waldo costume................. I am so broke and behind on my work it's not funny.

liz-maru
05-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Giant Alucard me sorry for your luck! which hotel are you staying at tho?! wonder if its the one im at?! ^^ ah hee! i hope you get some monay to spend at the con tho!

Giant Alucard
05-06-2003, 02:38 PM
accually, I'm not quite sure which hotel we're staying at yet. I think we'll be staying at a near by hotel, less than a block away.

Hikaruchan
05-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I have been wanting to work on my costume the last 2 nights after Chibi, but been having storms/tornados so no such luck. Maybe Saturday, that is like the only day not expecting storms currently.

Himemiya
05-07-2003, 02:07 AM
I am FINALLY finished with my Yumi costume (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=38801). Thank GOD. All I have left is some bows for sailor venus, and an apron for a Gothic Lolita costume. And two costumes for friends... -.-;
I'm ready financially, I'm almost ready costume-ally, and i'm DEFINITELY ready mentally. Woo!

Lovelyangel_81
05-07-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Himemiya
I am FINALLY finished with my Yumi costume (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=38801). Thank GOD. All I have left is some bows for sailor venus, and an apron for a Gothic Lolita costume. And two costumes for friends... -.-;
I'm ready financially, I'm almost ready costume-ally, and i'm DEFINITELY ready mentally. Woo!

That looks great! :)

ShingoBunny
05-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Yeah, it's really cute! n_n!

*dances around* Whoo! 16 more days~! Yay!

Link Arroway
05-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Only 16?? Ahhhh this time next week my brain is going to explode. Where's my costume >_>.. Ahh, AMV finally! *Runs to the post office... yeah.. now we wait... until I remember something else I forgot to do..

evaneko
05-07-2003, 02:51 PM
16 days???? wahhhh this would probably be a good time to start yuffie's shorts ^^:;;; gahhh i have all this other stuff to do and with school and everything i just cant work up the energy to do anything except type about what i should be doing ahhhhhhhh

Mog
05-07-2003, 03:14 PM
anyone want to give me a ride to anamazement? (im up in new york).

ShingoBunny
05-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Evaneko -- XDD;;; I know how you feel, there are so many things I should be doing... that I'm not. ^^;;; My school's finishing up in two weeks, so we're starting to have major wrap/finish up time... *head explodes*

Mog -- I hope you can find someone to ride with! ^^

.....LOL, should we start counting the hours?
670 hours and 37 minutes!
Seems like a long time from now when put that way XDD.

ShingoBunny
05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
LOL... Me again... I've got the next time update! XDDD
Days: 15
Hours:Minutes: 663:16

arisuchan
05-08-2003, 02:25 AM
arrrghhh!! why did my sewing machine decide to die now *cries rivers* I think I got it simi working again but its doing that horrible tention thing that screws with the bobbin. *sigh* I think I can get my two main new costumes done but I dunno about the other ones I was planning. At least I have my Yuna contacts finally which makes me a happy chu *^^*

liz-maru
05-08-2003, 10:07 AM
yuna contacts too cool! ^^ cant wait to see em!

arisuchan
05-08-2003, 12:38 PM
I am very happy about them *^^* Its something I've always wanted and I finally got off my lazy bum and did something about it. I think I will probably have my Dark Gunner Yuna on for the cosplay.com picture so hopefully we run into each other there!!

evaneko
05-08-2003, 03:55 PM
^^ i am happy to report that yuffie's shorts are well under way ^^ no more stressing yay!! i will be dont with plenty time to spare (knock on wood!!)

liz-maru
05-08-2003, 04:56 PM
awesome evaneko i cant wait to see!

TyJILDown
05-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Costume wise I may only have time to finish one new costume, I don't want to bring any others I have made to this one. I'm hoping the one I got comissioned will be done, but chances are slim. So right now Marone Bluecarno minus her sword shall be there, and MAYBE my cyber style Chun Li.

Then again...I just pratically decided today I shall definatly be there ^^;;;

Giant Alucard
05-09-2003, 08:09 AM
wohoooo. Got my red contacts to add to my alucard costume.....yeah. I'm wearing them at school right now, and i've freaked out around.............. 12 people so far who have accually noticed them. I have to go to a some clothing stores to see if i can find a hooded sweater for my Junpei costume and a Snow cap (i thinks thats what it's called) for my waldo costume. I'm accually getting stuff done now, i feel so proud of myself.

KurumiChan
05-09-2003, 11:14 AM
AGH! "Ready" -- what means this word??? o.O'
My costume is half way finished. I wish I didn't work so much! I'm going as Steel Angel Kurumi! Everyone look for me please!
Hmm, let's see- I don't have a wig anymore (because the one I ordered was too small...) So that's kinda important-- the only thing that's really finished to the main part of the costume is the SKIRt....
I might need a top though, ne? LOL
I don't have even half the money I want to have and I haven't paid the hotel fee to my mom yet ^.^*
Oy...
Plus I wanted to have lots of pretty pictures to auction and commission...yadda yadda.......not happenin'! SOMEONE TEACH ME TO USE MY TIME WISELY! *wimper wimper*

Link Arroway
05-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Awww Kurumi, that sounds like it sucks. Maybe you'll get lucky, theres still time!

I wanted to get some red contacts for my cosplaying, but I don't think I'll have much money left to spend and I wanna buy lotsa stuff in the dealers room like I did last year.. Altho, last year I lost money from a hole in my pocket or something =o. Anyways, where'd you get your contacts? Red contacts would be cool to go with my Rei Ayanami school uniform costume i'm doing..

evaneko
05-10-2003, 08:09 AM
squee!! yuffies shorts are done!! ^^ almost done with other costumes too.

AshleyV
05-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Chi is almost completed! All I have to do is make the apron and I'm finished. Then it is off to Dark Gunner Yuna and re-make Celestial Hikaru's armor since the one I had made cannot be found.

ShingoBunny
05-10-2003, 10:01 AM
KurumiChan, Evaneko, AshleyV -- Good luck with your costumes! n_n!

Today is the day.

Er.... Well, weekend.

The K'9999 arm WILL be done today! Hmmahahaha.... hahahaha... HAHAHAHA~!!! *coughcough* Well, enought of the laughter. I still have to do some things....
* K'9999 bandage wrap for arm
* K'9999 boots
* K'9999 cape
* Kensou arm bands
* Kensou knee guard
* Shingo pants

....At least Kyo's done.... n_n *looks at it* O.O Have to repair that cross on the front! *cries*

But I'm going to try and finish K'9999 this weekend (extra credit for Acting! *crosses fingers*).

Wish me luck again, people... T___T

Link Arroway
05-10-2003, 12:10 PM
good luck man, it sounds like you could use a little. well of course you can do it on your own, but a little luck never hurt anyone.

Farmboybob
05-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Gah!!! I'm almost done with my costume! I should have been done awhile ago but I keep putting it off. I'm such a procrastinator!(correct spelling?)

Oh by the way ShingoBunny, good luck again!

Link Arroway
05-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Alright! I dunno about spelling tho, I make many a spelling mistake myself. Your going as Gendo right?

Farmboybob
05-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Yes I am. All I really need to do is add the little details around the wrists and zipper but I can never seem to get off my lazy butt and get the material I need. I'm soooo lazy!!! :(

Link Arroway
05-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Lazyness sucks, I know how that is :P

ShingoBunny
05-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Well, your luck helped me a LOT today XDD! My K'9999 arm wrap and boots are done! However, Sunday's gonna be crazeh... @_@;; I hope to have the pants and the cape taken care of then...

Link Arroway
05-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Cool, sounds good, almost there, keep up the good work! More luck to you for tommaroo! ..I can't think of anything else to say.

HealerKou
05-11-2003, 11:06 PM
I got the last of my AZ costume shopping done yesterday, but then I got sick and couldn't work on anything ;__; I had only planned on making my skit costume, and then finally wearing Ken from Weiss Kreuz with my best friend as Omi...but since our OTHER two friends won't be there to complete the set, I decided to pull two other costumes out of my ass, instead ^_~ Because I'm insane. So now I'll hopefully have Midler from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Yuri from KoF, as well.

I guess I'd better really get cracking tomorrow after work...

Hikaruchan
05-12-2003, 12:35 AM
My Lucrezia has become the new needle consuming monster (Xelloss cloak held that honor til now). Since I have broken all the heavy weight machine needles I had in the house on it, having to resort to handsewing which is slowing the process down.

Link Arroway
05-12-2003, 02:28 AM
being sick sucks, i'm getting over my super cold :o .. which is being very evil.. since when does a cold give you a fever :O
lucky for me it seems to be ending, and the fever was very short lived and very low..

Giant Alucard
05-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Oh crap..... I am so screwed now. This saturday is my senior prom and I made a decision last saturday that i would accually attend....... But i am in no way ready. I am buying my tickets today, going to reserve my Tux and whatever else i made need. This means I will have limited to no moneys by the time the con comes around. If i don't figure out a way soon, I wont be able to finish my Waldo or my Junpei costume by next week. But i least i will be attending the prom with a cute date of my own choosing (last year i went with a girl I've known my entire life, literally, since she was born two months ahead of me and our parents have wanted to get us together since then. She was extremly HOT, and alot of people wondered how i ended up with her while i was there.............. irony in a sense i guess). I just hope I get through these two weeks without being killed from all the stress *twich, twich* and i will do my best to make my final costumes and upgrade parts of my alucard costume (need to make new boot covers and experiment and making gun holsters inside the coat. ............... Wish me luck everyone.

ShingoBunny
05-12-2003, 11:30 AM
x_o;;; Didn't get anything else done... *cries*

Oh well, that's what you get for planning around others' schedules...

HealerKou -- YURI! Whoo! =3 Another KOF person!

Link Arroway
05-12-2003, 02:36 PM
hmm... nearly there.. least I got my AMV in. Where can I get normal long black socks online!? I just want socks! I don't want this or that or this with that or on that or almost that or whatever.. ne one know of a retailer to suit my needs?

liz-maru
05-12-2003, 03:08 PM
i ordered black socks for my mai costume that will never see the light of day cause me socks neva came ;_; sniff

Link Arroway
05-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Aww.. You shouldn't let a bad sock experience ruin your Mai costume. Did you call them and complain about the lost socks?

evaneko
05-12-2003, 04:29 PM
liz- i am uber sorry to hear about your socks... :( but newayz... im very stressed right now bc i owe my parents alot of $$ and will probably have next to no spending cash for the con *sobs* SO!! everyone must pay lots and lots of moolah for the pictures i am selling at the art selling place!! it will be by eva richardson!! buy it so that i can buy something... even though the auction is the end of the day sunday... dammit i hope the dealers room isnt closed by then... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! i bet it will be i think it was last year... *sobs* there goes that plan... :(

Hikaruchan
05-12-2003, 05:13 PM
I might be bring some art to show, too. I have some matted pieces that didn't sell at small con - hopefully they could find an interested party at larger con. One of the problems is I usually just have b&w pen pieces, and colored ones do better.

liz-maru
05-12-2003, 05:59 PM
aww you all are so nice! ^^ ah i tried to contact the people but to no avail and they were cool to just like mais ;_;. Link Arroway i cant wait to see your costumes! evaneko i hope you can gets tons of munay and you and Hikaruchan ^^ im gonna be lookin for your stuff in tha art room i like me some art goodies! cant wait! woo!

HealerKou
05-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Liz-maru: Were they actual socks or the ninja shoes that you can get at martial arts supply stores? Mai wears ninja shoes, but when I made the costume I knew I wasn't gonna be spending all that $$$ on them (there is a martial arts store in China Town in Philly that sells them for a lot) so I just made a pair. All you need is some semi-stretchy black fabric. Just trace your feet and leave enough length to go up your ankle, and then sew around. You can then make a little stitch inside for your big toe.

Does that make any sense at all? I'm not very good at describing things, cuz I usually make it up as I go along. But, anyway, even if you just use regular black socks from Wal-Mart, you should still wear the costume! All hail Mai!!

liz-maru
05-13-2003, 07:46 AM
yeah they were those ninja socks -___- i wish i had time to just make them because you have great ideas on how to do it! i still have some parts of the costume i dont have done tho cause i waited on tha socks so long >< maybe if i get my act together i could bring it! thank you for the help! ^^

evaneko
05-13-2003, 03:56 PM
good luck liz- i have made socks before pretty much the same way as kou described and it worked pretty well for me ^^ - even if your mai costume doesnt get done im sure you have other pretty ones anyway ^^

liz-maru
05-13-2003, 05:35 PM
omg your so sweet evaneko thank you so much! ^^ i cant wait to see your costumes!

Link Arroway
05-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah eva's right :D Everyone's gunna have such cool costumes this year. Makes me wanna start thinking big for next years Animazement already. I can't wait to go and dress up for my friend time, yay! And meet everyone. And play DDR! =D What panels is everyone going to?

Giant Alucard
05-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Have no clue what panels I'm going to go while I'm there. But i will be making a video for a anime club back at my highschool (even though this is my last year, I'll become a graduate sponser next year), but thats if i can get all the stuff together for my video camera (battery died i guess). If I can bring it to the con, how many of you would like to be on it and support going to cons and cosplay for some future cosplayers out there.

liz-maru
05-14-2003, 08:11 AM
ooooooooo iiii wannnannna giant alucard! ^^ that would be so fun! oh and im gonna bring my video camera too im gonna just walk around with it on! ^_- hopefully lol

Giant Alucard
05-14-2003, 08:49 AM
Coolnesssss. Me and my friends also want to make a pocky video while where there as well (think "what would you do for a klondik bar" gone pocky style and thats what you get). If we manage to pull in the pocky and some other random supplies, then we'll make they vid. Each participant in that vid gets a free giant pocky stick oe a small box of pocky..............

liz-maru
05-14-2003, 11:21 AM
ooooooo i definetly wanna be in it! o_O YUM! tee hee

ShingoBunny
05-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Hehehehe, sounds GREAT.... LOL.... Make sure you catch me in my Shingo costume when I'm doing that... I'll make a fool of myself! n_n

Mako-san
05-14-2003, 05:52 PM
ohh Giant Alucard! I'll be in the video if ya want!!

Ahh still so much to do but I'm progressing on my costumes, I'm still lazy though and find myself either here posting or watching tv alot! *slaps self* now must get back to work!

Good Luck everyone!!:skidude2:

lov-e-ly pain
05-14-2003, 10:46 PM
I haven't even started on my costumes yet (tomorrow's the day, I swear...), and I admit I've been kind of fading away from the anime and J-rock scene a LOT in the past year, so I might feel like I don't belong there. But damnit, I'm going, and I'm going to have a BLAST. So yes, I'm ready!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 11:13 PM
woo procrastination! or whatever. :D 8 days!

ShingoBunny
05-15-2003, 11:04 AM
8 days?! Ahhhh~! Need to finish~!!

evaneko
05-15-2003, 02:54 PM
8 days!? dont tell me that >< *banishes thought from her little mind* omg... im not gonna finish... ^^;;; *panic panic*

arisuchan
05-15-2003, 04:23 PM
I just finished all of the sewing on my dark gunner costume, its sooo close to done!! But i think I've been going a little stir crazy from sewing too long. I just turned my stuffed rabbit into a rather dapper pirate looking bunny because of a pic from Count Cain I found.

I think I need some help.................... O_o

though the bunny will be coming with to animazement *insane laughter*

aparrelainetai
05-15-2003, 08:03 PM
bunny?! where?! O_o;; *has phobia of bunnies...*
only 1 week left 'til Animazement03 ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
And I have to finish my sasshi, safety, and anthy outfits...-_-;

arisuchan
05-16-2003, 09:46 AM
don't worry my bunny is a nice bunny *^^*

I still have several costumes to finish but I fear that wigs i ordered for them may not show up on time O_o *is really worried* At least I know my Chi ears will be here on time and that's all that really matters *^^*

Link Arroway
05-16-2003, 02:07 PM
7 days!! don't panic :D
this time next week :D

Oshi
05-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Know what? I still havn't started Shuuin. *shrug*.....

Link Arroway
05-16-2003, 02:14 PM
I hope my costume will be ready in time. Stuff to dooo, starting to get worried. It would suck to have to wait another year to cosplay =(

evaneko
05-16-2003, 03:31 PM
*worry worry* not done not done-- busy all weekend too... bad bad... i will have to work on it everyday after school- and i have to finish and mat my pictures!!! so much to do- not nearly enough time!! >< blah

weirdness
05-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Eeeiiiii! I'm getting too excited! I don't know how I'm gonna make it through this week! I hope I finish my sister's costume in time! Mine's finished and I've got a backup in case something goes wrong....:crylaugh: Hopefully that won't happen!

ShingoBunny
05-17-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm done with my Shingo costume!!!! YAAAAAAAAY~! Just K'9999 and a part of Kensou and I'm DOOONE~

AshleyV
05-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Finished with Chi!! Almost finished with Dark Gunner Yuna!! Got until Tuesday evening cause I leave early Wednesday Morning!

Link Arroway
05-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Yay! Keep up the good work everyone :D

evaneko
05-17-2003, 06:56 PM
^^ i will definatly be able to finish- i may not get sone all of the parts i wanted done for chii but i dont think the costumes will suffer alot because of it. ^^ yuffie is almost done just have to hem the shorts and finish up the shirt straps. easy stuffs ^^ pictures are done as well almost- all i have to do is mat them and put the finishing touches on one of them. ^^

arisuchan
05-17-2003, 09:08 PM
I just finished my Merryweather costume *^^* and dark gunner is completely sewed so life is good *^^* I think things are falling together well. Tomorrow I go and get Jibrille for all of our pre con madness.

Mako-san
05-18-2003, 01:56 PM
ahh its sunday and less than a week till AZ!!
I hope everyone is doing well on their costumes!!
I'm almost finished on Celtic Guardian, then to finish Mew Lettuce, and then make skull dice and check on my other costumes!!
I can't wait!! Good Luck

Oshi
05-18-2003, 02:49 PM
I started Shuuin. Now the tricky part... can I get it done in time, while having to work tonight and tuesday afternoon?

ShingoBunny
05-18-2003, 03:43 PM
I'll be able to finish! Yaaaay~! Or at least I think I'll be able to XD;;; K'9999 will be missing his belt, though... *shrugs* Oh well.

Ranma Saotome
05-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Okay, I can finish Spike Spiegel toinight. :D

BTW Oshi, if need be... Pack your sewing machine! XD

AshleyV
05-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Okay, I can finish Spike Spiegel toinight. :D

BTW Oshi, if need be... Pack your sewing machine! XD

Spike Spiegel!!! That costume definatly screams glompage!

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Spike, awesome, he's cool, I wanna see how that one comes out. When you wearin what Ranma?

If my costume is not ready, oh well. I'll just be person-wearing-catears! or something.

AshleyV
05-19-2003, 08:08 PM
I finished all of my costumes!!! Good thing too cause tomorrow is packings the suitcase(s), and the car to leave Wednesday morning! Also tomorrow evening will be spent at my little brother's high school graduation.

aparrelainetai
05-19-2003, 09:12 PM
*does dance* yay! I'm done with my brother's Sasshi outfit and my Safety shirt! Now I just have to finish my friend's Anthy fuku and I'll be completely done with all of my 8 costumes!!! ^_^;

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Wow thats quite a load aparrelainetai!

aside from costume, tommarow is super study day! Wednesday, food-for-con gathering day, thursday, pre-con/packing/sleep day, friday get up early and leave day! in means of planning..

ShingoBunny
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
LOL, that sounds sort of like my plan...
Tuesday: Finishing costumes day
Wedensday: K'9999 cape day (probably XD), English III and Acting I finals
Thursday: Web Page Design and U.S. History finals, planned driving day
Friday: alternate driving day, CON DAY~!

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Cool, you sound pretty busy. I hope to see how well your K'9999 costume comes out, sounds quite cool. Today, magically get on task and finish homework! And i'm set.. and on to Wednesday where I can prepare and get the rest of my stuff together, and go pre-con-foraging!

Giant Alucard
05-20-2003, 07:17 AM
same here...... I still need to buy all the food and stuff. I need soda, pocky, and ramen.

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 07:18 AM
I might bring a cooler and put lunchmeat in it and stuff. That way I'll have something besides ramen and pocky :D. I more food ideas for quick meals..

evaneko
05-20-2003, 10:11 AM
i am soooo almost ready- all i have left to finish is a couple non-essential accessories for chii and yuffies shorts need to be hemmed ^^ then im done- but my friend has decided that between today and tomorrow she needs ME to sew ALL of HER costume... so chii might be missing a few things... :(

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 11:05 AM
I SHOULD be going to get the last parts of Kensou costume. I can fix Kyo on the way up (I'm skilled in the art of car sewing). K'9999's boots should be finished as well by tonight... *crosses fingers*

AshleyV
05-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Evaneko: It will be just fine! You can do it! I look foward to seeing you Chi costume at the con!

Today is packing day for me and getting some food. I tend not to eat a lot at cons just drink lots of fluids. This time tomorrow I'll be on the road on my way to AZ.

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Packing... I've started to choose clothing out that I want to take and stuff.. n_n I'm proud of myself for getting this far, lol!

Hikaruchan
05-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Tonight I will be staying up sewing. Tomorrow will be packing and getting some sleep for the drive. Thursday night in hotel room after driving hopefully will be finishing up costume.

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm going to pack Thursday and leave early Friday morning, I'm only 15 or so minutes away ^_^
When is everyone planning to get there? When does it start this year?

AshleyV
05-20-2003, 03:10 PM
I'll be getting there Thursday afternoon. According to the schedule (which is now up!) opening ceromonies begin at noon on Friday. Pre-con is 7 P.M. on Thursday.

Giant Alucard
05-20-2003, 04:07 PM
I wont be able to get to the con til around 5pm on friday..........

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Bleh... you and me both, Alucard.... I'm not sure if I'll be getting there when I planned to (Thursday night).

TyJILDown
05-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Well, Marone Bluecarno was just about finished but unfortunatly I won't be able to see my friend in Brooklyn before AZ...and she was the one who styled my wig and I really would wait to wear that costume till I have the wig.

And my commissioned costume wasn't finished as I assumed it wouldn't so this may be the ONLY con I think I shall be attending without costumes. Gives me more chances to take pics on my own atleast!

But on the bright side, almost done packing asides from toiletries and electronics ^^ Just have to buy some food.

Giant Alucard
05-20-2003, 04:27 PM
I hope one day i will be able to make on thursday for once, just to see whats it's like. Maybe i'll try that for otakon.

lov-e-ly pain
05-20-2003, 10:12 PM
HA I only started sewing yesterday. *chains self to The Machine*

HikaruShindo
05-20-2003, 10:18 PM
@_@! My Eternal Sailor Uranus costume hasnt come to me yet T_T .. I wont be able to cosplay her this year... but maybe at NekoCon

Luckily I was at the thrift store and was able to find some last minute Shuichi Shindo stuff :D!!! So LA LI HOO!!! Look for me Saturday as Shuichi haha [im even going to spray mah hair pink Lol]

ShingoBunny: Who was sarah going as again X_x;; she's told me a million times.. but i've forgotten once again I know Glen's goin as Goro? and Ill be with Tiffany [The Cheat] at the dance on saturday :D!! Wheee

aparrelainetai
05-21-2003, 06:55 AM
no no no! I completely forgot about studying for my exams! O_o;; *wails* I'm gonna fail....but at least I'm gonna get some pocky ^_^;

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 06:58 AM
I keep forgetting to do homework. Stop falling you stupid grades!! x_x

Giant Alucard
05-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Link Arroway
I keep forgetting to do homework. Stop falling you stupid grades!! x_x

I know the feeling *drops head in shame*

AshleyV
05-21-2003, 09:00 AM
To those who have exams good luck!! I'm getting ready to begin my two day drive up to the convention site! I'll see everyone there!

Giant Alucard
05-21-2003, 09:10 AM
I dont have exams quite yet, and for that i am soooo happy. Good luck on your drive ashleyv, I hope i get to meet you when i get there on friday.

evaneko
05-21-2003, 10:03 AM
:O my grades are falling too... i have a very pre-mature case of senioritis i guess... i've only done like 2 homework assignments in the past month or so -_- i think my parents will be mad... i dont think i will be able to go on thurday, as i will most likely be putting the finishing touches on my costumes... :(

ShingoBunny
05-21-2003, 11:13 AM
HikaruShindo: She's going as Another Striker Benimaru and Kyo. She might have mentioned another costume... but I kinda-sorta forgot what the name of it was...

evaneko: >3 After these finals, I have a reason to have senioritis! *parties* Two more finals to go~!

Giant Alucard: T_T Falling grades... *cries* I know it too...

Giant Alucard
05-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I am getting through these final weeks only by the fact that .... these are my final weeks. But after this is College T__T..... it's like it never ends.

I am so on edge right now cause my mask hasn't come in the mail yet. If it doesn't arrive tommorrow i will just have to use a bandana or somethin. And i still have to put the letters on my sweat shirt....... and i have to leave for work in 10 minutes...... it never ends T__T() *sweat drop*

evaneko
05-21-2003, 05:57 PM
no it never ends... if its any consolation im getting really stressed out about finishing my chii costume by saturday- since i have no time and all im doing right now is surfing the net ^^;;;;

Giant Alucard
05-21-2003, 07:44 PM
It seems that people who need to do things right away are surfing the net............ Myself included. I really need to get down to business for once.

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 09:00 PM
The Urge to Procrastinate sucks! If only my homework would do it's self...

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-21-2003, 09:18 PM
HEY EVERYONE! ONE MORE DAY!!!! Anyway...i did NOT finish Bellosome. Sucks, doesn't it. So i will NOT be appearing in costume. I will, however, wear my 'Bell' flowers on my head Friday! (I worked so hard on them..ok....not really) Sat. i will have on a colorful shirt that i made myself with transfers! It is my 'Bishie' Shirt! YAY! I love my bishie shirt! So, NOW (for final) Everyone look for a girl with ribbons on her pigtails! Or Flowers! And say HEY JESSI! P.S. Please say hey to me......it's my first con and i fell lonely already.....

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Animazement was my first con last year :D So much fun! There's so much more and I'ma have so much fun this year!! Can't wait to meet everyone and cosplay!! Yay! :rofl:

HikaruShindo
05-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Link Arroway
Animazement was my first con last year :D So much fun! There's so much more and I'ma have so much fun this year!! Can't wait to meet everyone and cosplay!! Yay! :rofl:

XD!!! AZ was also my first anime convention last year. It and Katsucon are my most favorite right now XD I hope people will recognize me as Shuu @.@

Giant Alucard
05-22-2003, 06:56 AM
This is my first time at Animazement, and is my fifth con i've been to so far. I'll be sure to say hi to you Jessi, i just hope im able to find people.

My Junpei sweater is done..... but there was a tiny mistake. I had to let my brother do the back of the sweater when i left for work. When i got home he said it was done and should me how it looked. It said "GOT L337" and looked ok, except for the fact the the two 3's in L337 were backwards........... And they dont come off once they go on (not unless i want to ripe a few holes in it anyway), so i guess it will work for now). I'm trying to design Hellsing gun holster out of a black belt, two coat hangers and some rubberbands....... makes me feel like Mcguyver right now, i just hope they do what i think they will do. I must be L337 and get this stuff done buy tonight. OS!!!!!! (from Naruto, it stands for persivierence I believe, and is really just fun to say sometimes)

ShingoBunny
05-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Just finished my third final... have to do my next in, like, 30 minutes. I'm going to work on a checklist in a second =3

Giant Alucard
05-22-2003, 08:51 AM
I should make a checklist...... that way i'll know what i'm missing "before" i arrive at the con.

ShingoBunny
05-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Yeah, lol.. Last year I forgot a freaking WIG!

arisuchan
05-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Jibrille and I will be arriving tomorrow around noon *^^* Life is good, costumes will be done, we will be exhausted, but it is allll worth it. I can't wait!!

Now I have to battle her over my RO thief costume *^^* (she wants me to finish it and I am a lazy chu *^^*)

Giant Alucard
05-22-2003, 09:01 PM
I have so much ironing to do once i arrive at the hotel.... cant do it tonight, to tired and I'll be up have the night trying to do it right. So i might as well do it while im stuck watching the students back in the hotel room tommorrow night.

evaneko
05-22-2003, 09:59 PM
ironing isnt so bad... i think it can be kind of relaxing some time... but maybe thats just me ^^:;;;;;;

Link Arroway
05-22-2003, 10:12 PM
lol.. iron.. heat.. fire!! FIRE!! FIRE!!!!!!!!!! :O

Giant Alucard
05-22-2003, 10:54 PM
i just got done getting my stuff done and it's now midnight, and for some reason i am more exaushted than normal..... most be the stress. But it will all pay off tommorrow.

Link Arroway
05-22-2003, 10:58 PM
Putting off rest of packing til 8am.. I need my sleep. Good luck and have fun all! Cya there. I'll have fun, you can't go wrong with 25 packs of ramen :D

HealerKou
05-23-2003, 02:09 AM
OK, just finished my costumes tonight (although I'm still waiting for some cloth paint to dry in the morning) and I'm feeling pretty good ^_^ Hey, if the person being Shingo sees this before the con, I just wanted to say that my boyfriend is gonna be Kyo for the entire day on Saturday, so if you see us wandering around, say "hey!"

Everyone have a safe trip!

Giant Alucard
05-23-2003, 06:52 AM
I am done with everything. YES, FINALLY!!!!!
I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm forgeting somthing though, must be cause i probably am. Oh well, I got all i can take anyway. All I need to do now is to find some tape and go McGuyver on my belt trying to make into hellsing gun holsters. That will at least past the time during the drive there.

Oshi
05-23-2003, 07:37 AM
Countdown? Uh... T-minus... 38 minutes til I can pick up my badge >.>

arisuchan: Noon? Ah, good, we were wondering when you guys are comin in.