PDA

View Full Version : Rollerskating

Michi
05-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Okay, this might be a general hotel/con question, but I only really need the info for the Westin/Santa Clara Con Center. ^_^; This is also a very odd question.

Does anyone know what the tolerance would be at either the hotel or the con center for someone rollerskating? I doubt it'd be allowed in the lobby, but maybe in the con center, at least on the outside areas? Bah. Providing I find them, I'm going to be wearing rollerskates on Sunday for a costume. :D And I'm shy and get nervous easily.. so I don't really want some staff member coming up to me and yelling at me in my pink tutu for skating. I wouldn't be going very fast, anyway. Regular rollerskates and I haven't done it in seven years? I'll just be clinging to my partner's arm and gliding around a bit, I think.

The character is Shiratori Azusa from Ranma 1/2, if you're wondering.. she's an ice skater, so I figure rollerskating would be the next best thing.

kamikazedragon
05-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey Michi!
Unfortunatly most, if not all big hotels, are incredibly anal when it comes to anything that could cause you to fall, hurt yourself and possibly sue them. my advice would be to wear them until you get caught!! then at least you would know where you could and could not go.

Hope this helps.

Dreaming Deamons Dream of me.............

Kamikazedragon

Michi
05-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the hotel would be pissy about it.. But I dunno about the con center, because it's a pretty open space. It's not like I intend to go quickly gliding down the halls. XD; I don't have the balance for that, anyway. I'll be going very slowly. Heh, and I think my Mikado is going to have those rolly-shoes.. heelies? Yeah.

maikaeirn
05-01-2003, 04:16 PM
LOL! I'm going to be wearing some skates too! That is, if i can finish up my Sakura costume in time. ^^

soshi
05-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Ao and another girl went around on roller blades all over the Long Beach Con Center for AX, and no one said anything. *shrugs*

Michi
05-02-2003, 02:11 AM
Okies. :bigtu: Now I need to find said rollerskates. I dunno if they're even available. o.O Like, old ones they'd rent out at rinks that I can just paint over for my costume..

Nemui Yume
05-21-2003, 09:52 AM
i don't think they'll like it..

you know hotel staff.. anal as hell. x.x;;

so just to be on the safe side rollerblade that's not in the hotel.. probably just to be on the safe side.

i think they have many things aren't allowed since they don't like fanime.. x.x;; hotel staff is always like that every year

Michi
05-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I know.. but it's okay anyway, 'cause I'm not doing the outfit anymore. x_x

I just hafta worry about my weapon for Yoh and Kasumi now. ^_^;;;

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 02:46 AM
any staff is anal as heck and willing to intimidate.

If you want just be prepared for someone scary and pretentious as hell to walk up to you and talk like they're a big guy

This seems to go for anyone lol.. whether you're 20 or 40. It's just one of those kinda things