PDA

View Full Version : First Timers!

FoxFireOtaku
05-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey everyone! My friend and I are new to the whole convention scene and are way excited about A-Kon! We're coming down from Kansas (skipping the last day of school)! Any tips for us newbies? Lol...We're also hoping to meet some ppl so when we go down there we wont feel so left out! lol... :thumbsup: (can you tell i've no idea what i'm doing...i feel like a loser...lol...)

layne
05-02-2003, 04:23 PM
My Tip: Drink lots of water and make sure you eat something with substance, or once evening hits, you're going to die ^_^ But water...yes, water..especially in this Texas heat.

caelestis
05-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Have fun, avoid spending waaayyy too much time in the dealer room 'cause you'll be as broke as I was when I first went (hehe), don't be shy, etc..

Oh, and avoid eating cheese sticks from Denny's at 4am. They're good, but NEVER settle well with you. Trust me on this :D

Surashu
05-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Yay for newbies! ^_^
This is going to be me and some friends of mine's first con too.

kleykulele
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
This is going to be my first time at A-kon :D!

Purple Thing
05-28-2003, 07:14 PM
This will be my first con as well, but I'll be meeting some seasoned friends there, so it's all good.
::giggles:: Seasoned...

FoxFireOtaku
05-29-2003, 08:02 AM
heehee...cant wait to see you all there! i'm heading out today! yay!

Jisho
05-29-2003, 09:15 AM
My first con...I'll have a bunch of vets with me, and it should be incredible fun. If you see me around, stop and say hi. :)

Scortia
05-29-2003, 09:37 AM
The three main rules of A-kon are: eat/drink, bring enough money, and BATHE! Pleeeease bathe. ^^;; Oh, and let loose and be out-going... I was so quiet and timid the first time that I went that I didn't enjoy myself.

Basic Beecicchi
05-29-2003, 03:26 PM
My first con as well....and in about 2 hours, i might not even HAVE a costume ;_;

[Long Story short : a costume was requested and prepared for me, was to be delivered, but it's ONE day before, and i haven't gotten it. Ironically, it was ordered about 3 [or 2] months before. I'm about to wait two more hours; mail call, that is....before i go to A-Kon costume-less. ]

Jisho
05-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Money is subjective. But I know what you mean about hygiene. Something about that Fanboy stink just kills me.

As for being outgoing...well, I'm not too worried about that. *grin*