PDA

View Full Version : X Cosplay...."fuma Nooooo" I Am Not Fuma I Am Kamui!" What!? But Im Kamui!"

DJ(SiC)ness
08-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Since the oav is coming out in a month:D <---- happy face
Im going to do some X cosplay. Odds are i'll do Sorarta (A shirt version) becuase i have a Arashi doll, and i'll carry it around calling it babe and stuff :D . or I'll do a Seshiro costum, becuase Seshiro is awsome and i have his doll to. So if anyone has or has done a X costume , i want to hear about them or see them or what not.

30 days untill the end of the world
THE X OAV IS FIANLY HERE!!!!!!

Quies
08-28-2002, 09:28 PM
oh..X. good luck with that.
i know someone around here has done an X cotume..made it at least. Kamui. showed up in one of the wings forums.
heheee..love the title my two friends actually have a hard time telling the two apart and don'rt even want me to explain it to them.
anyways. have fun. i've never actually gotten to much into X myself but due to my friends content rants i know quite a bit. is it really good?
at least she's stoped calling Karen.

shiroi_yukiko
08-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Argh. Yeah, that was me with the Kamui. I was just thinking about that I realized that I don't have a pic of the whole outfit (the wings WITH the uniform). Grrrrr. Since I made it on commission I was sort of depending on the guy I made it for to send me a pic and he didn't! And he was little so the unifrom didn't fit on my very female dress dummy. *falls over* Um, I guess if you want to see the wings though... *digs around for link* Ah, can't find the direct one, but it does exist! http://kiss.to/ingenue

Kamui Motoaki
08-29-2002, 09:42 AM
kamui!!! ^_^

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. . . . *ahem*. . . yea. . . .^_^

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 10:34 AM
I always wanted to do one of the gothy vinyl Kamui outfits from the manga (I have so much leftover vinyl I need to use up LOL)... especially since a friend of mine wanted to be my Kotori, but the thought of having to make a Shinken always stopped me before I began. I /hate/ making swords.

That and I look bad with short dark hair (see my Dragonslayer outfit for proof LOL)...

But I love to see X cosplayers running around... Nicole & cie had Seishirou, Subaru and Nataku at Otakon, they looked good!

Hmm... at Katsucon my Angel Sanctuary group was mistaken for X cosplayers a number of times so... does that count? LOL

arisuchan
08-30-2002, 01:39 PM
There needs to be more X cosplay in the world. Clamp art is so beautiful it just needs to be made into costumes. Besides you can walk around being all angsty and broody, much fun *^^*

DJ(SiC)ness
08-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Well once the OAV comes out i think the cosplay will pick up. the movie didn't do it justice, but was still fun to look at. (how much red paint do you they they used ;) )The dubing was really really bad, they gave kamui a speed racer voice. But the sub is much better. THe Dub left out many of soratas classic lines.

" Yep, babe just love them melons" and " Oh my arm wasen't really hurt, i just used the sling for pitty sex!"

Sorata is hilarious sure brightens things up ya know. Hey if anyone has any X cosplay pics post them on this thread. I would really like to see them.

Thanks alot

~DJ

Jibrille
08-30-2002, 08:11 PM
> Well once the OAV comes out i think the cosplay will pick up.

damn, thats a good point... i should do my Arashi costume sooner then planned... harrrr.......
i hate being stuck in a 'trend' even if i really love the costume.
makes me kinda happy i never made a ffx costume... *grumble grumble rant rant*

*rushes off to plot*

KuroBara
08-31-2002, 12:05 AM
I'm considering a Karen costume, 2 of my friends want to be Fuman & Kamui at Otakon '03. I'm considering about 5 costumes for that right now, lol! Anyways, I have her wavy hair, and her coat is just too cool. I know she's more recognizable in the skimpy lingerie, but I don't think I could walk around in public like that >_< Good luck with all of yours!

khamryn
08-31-2002, 05:40 PM
::Gonna do Subaru.. and.. someday Kamui.:: ^.^

Rosiel
09-03-2002, 09:58 AM
> I'm considering about 5 costumes for that right now, lol!

The black dress with the white cuffs is lovely AND you could rewear it as actual clothing.

The red dress from the TV series, with the deeeeeeeep slit that shows her garters is also really nice.

I will second you about not going with the lingerie. I can't tell you how much people were snickering at the girl in lingerie at Otakon (I only belatedly realized she was being Karen and not an exhibitionist). Plus, you can't get out in the streets and might get sent back to change if staff finds you.

And Karen has so many lovely dresses. ^___^

KuroBara
09-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Maybe for Otakon 2004...next year is looking like Jean, Celcia, and a wild card, it may be my Halloween costume.

Yes, costume pieces that can be real clothes are good! And, if I'm walking around with Fuma & Kamui, I should be recognizable.

It must be horrible to get sent back to your hotel room to change. The only time I saw that at Otakon was a barefoot Inu-yasha cosplayer who was sent back.

Rosiel
09-04-2002, 01:14 PM
> I saw that at Otakon was a barefoot Inu-yasha cosplayer who was sent back

I know of a lot of barefooted people who got caught at Otakon last year, but I managed the whole con without being stopped. Probably because my pants were so long it was hard to see I was barefooted. LOL

I know a lot of people were sent back to change at Katsucon though...

cutekawaii
09-05-2002, 04:36 PM
KOTORIII!!! I looooove kotori :o So, I am going to cosplay as her... I dont think I'll be doing one of her designs, but rather I'll combine some of the ones I like. I have a pair of wings and I want to scatter sakura petals all over them... ooo i cant wait to get this done!!!! I've been DYING to cosplay as her...she rocks so hard ;_;

did she have one of those red militia outfits that the seals had in the Ze/ro art book? I don't have it on hand... those outfits are cool, I'd like to do hers too.

cutekawaii
09-05-2002, 04:37 PM
"Nicole & cie had Seishirou, Subaru and Nataku at Otakon, they looked good!"

Me thinks I missed that....pics?

DJ(SiC)ness
09-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by cutekawaii
\\
did she have one of those red militia outfits that the seals had in the Ze/ro art book? I don't have it on hand... those outfits are cool, I'd like to do hers too.

No Kotori didn't have a militia outfit, but i think that would of been cool. My cousin and her friend did the militia outfits for Arashi and Sorata and they one several awards for them.

cutekawaii
09-05-2002, 07:39 PM
boo that's too bad...but I think it would make a cool original design, ne? Like, it would have a flowing skirt and such... *gets drawing*

Nadeshiko
09-06-2002, 02:17 AM
I love X. *^^* I'm planning to do Karen again at AniMagic. First time I've ever worn a wig! Once I get home next weekend, I'll work on the improving of it. It's Karen in the "bridal" white dress in the artbook, btw.

Michi
09-15-2002, 07:36 AM
*nudges thread up*

I adore X. I've been collecting the manga for a while, I've got up to volume 15 now I think. There's what, 17 of them out? Grr. The movie is a fun chance to see everyone animated, and has an AMAZING cast of voice actors. The original, I mean. Bah on the dub. :P I have yet to really see the TV series, although I will soon. It'll be hard to give up that cast. Seki Tomokazu is SO the voice that comes in my head when I read Kamui's lines in the manga... and all the other movie actors, too. Matsumoto Rica is a damn yummy Nataku, despite his only having two or three lines. *eyes dart*

I'm dying to do Nataku someday, I have insane plans for all of his ribbons. I just have to figure out when. :D I want to do some of Yuzuriha's costumes (not her regular one.. I dun like her school uniform much) and maybe one of Karen's, too. ^^

There was a great X group at Otakon 2001, and a really good one at AX 2000... I can't think of many more casts, though, just random cosplayers. ^^;

I feel like watching the movie. "FUUUUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *voice crack* ..aaa...." I <3 Tomokazu-san. *^^*

cutekawaii
09-15-2002, 11:46 AM
You will LOVE the series *_* It's way more like an OAV, so if you're interested in seeing the manga come to life, the series is where it's at!! They DO leave out some key points though...like, they don't explain that Kotori's mom was in love with Toru...some other things...but the series IMO is WAY better than the movie. Nataku has a great roll in the series too.

Michi
09-15-2002, 11:56 AM
Never said the movie was exceptionally good. ^^; Just that it was a great way to see the characters animated... for however short a while. I'm definately looking forward to seeing Kakyou animated, for one thing. Nataku with more screen time is something I'm looking forward to of course, even though it's Kumai Motoko (Li Syaoran's seiyuu) instead of Matsumoto Rica. :P I'm so very seiyuu obsessive...
Too bad they couldn't've just started a TV series back then instead of making a movie. o_o Something about the new computerized animation style in anime bugs me. But HEY. It's X. I dun care. Must watch. Yesyes.

DJ(SiC)ness
09-15-2002, 01:17 PM
I hated the dub...it was so bad...but thats what DVD's are for :D!
I've been trying to get the mangas forever. EVerytime someone puts them up on ebay, i try and i try but i always get out bid. Manly because when the auction ends im at school and i can't gurintee a win. But i always lose by like a dollar. Im willing to pay alot for all 17. Up tp $120. But i can't seem to have anyluck with online stores because they never have the whole series there always missing some of the books. Thats why i have turned to ebay. Theres one up right now...and this time it wil be mine...oh yes it will be mine...DON'T YOU DARE BID!!!!!!! UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE A VERY VERY PISSED OFF DJ!!!!!!!!!..........heh heh sorry about that, but i love X and i've been trying to get thies forever.

cutekawaii
09-15-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Something about the new computerized animation style in anime bugs me. Ditto... i hate it >< I don't know how computer-ized X TV is, but I can tell ya it looks GREAT!

But yeah... I wish they'd go back to the ol hand painting cels method... it made anime WORTH something.

Michi
09-15-2002, 08:26 PM
^^; I could /get/ you X volume 17 for like $5.50. I live right next to Japantown. *beams*

YES. I miss that method. You can't get cels of the recent stuff, it bugs me.

cutekawaii
09-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness
My cousin and her friend did the militia outfits for Arashi and Sorata and they one several awards for them. ooo cool!! any pics?

DJ(SiC)ness
09-15-2002, 10:49 PM
yep here's a pic