PDA

View Full Version : Headbanger's Ball returns

kurohkku
05-02-2003, 08:19 PM
The show and concert tour Headbanger's Ball from the 80s is back, but is anyone interested?

If they have decent punk and grunge group and even some old ones they should be as good as they were in the 80s. Especially if they can get bands that normally would play out of a garage. As long as they don't commercialize it and corrupt the good name of punk among other genre's I'll be happy.

Viral Harvest
05-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by kurohkku
As long as they don't commercialize it and corrupt the good name of punk among other genre's I'll be happy.

Where have YOU been, dude?

psythe
05-09-2003, 08:08 AM
Punk and Grunge on Headbanger's ball O_o;; wtf....

Headbanger's Ball used to be Slayer, Sepultura, Megadeth, D.R.I., Pantera, etc. Yar!

They should run old episodes, I would so turn my TV back on for something other than the PS2. :rockon:

nekochan
05-09-2003, 10:16 AM
LOL. uncommercialized punk... now that's something i haven't heard since... forever? i mean... just look at Avril. :o sad...

KANEDA
05-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by kurohkku
The show and concert tour Headbanger's Ball from the 80s is back, but is anyone interested?

If they have decent punk and grunge group and even some old ones they should be as good as they were in the 80s. Especially if they can get bands that normally would play out of a garage. As long as they don't commercialize it and corrupt the good name of punk among other genre's I'll be happy.

punk has been dead for 20 years. hahah
it's ashes are buried under CBGB's

evolve or die.

mughi3
05-10-2003, 07:57 AM
it is going to be utterly pathetic
to quote from the article from MTV themselvse

Kids are more likely to be banging their heads to nextgeneration metal bands like Slipknot, Linkin Park and System of a Down than to Motley Crue, Anthrax and Judas Priest, and the new Headbangers Ball will reflect that fact.

"We're not going to play hair bands circa 1989 for two hours," Coletti said. "We'll always throw back to the older videos Ethose classics that inspired the new bands Ebut you'll be more likely to see Staind, Korn and The Datsuns."
first of all they call hardcore and grind bands metal which is enough of a big insult in itself, then they totally ignore all the real metal bands out there not only from the 80's but also other bands that have made a name for themselves in the 90's like-
.iced earth
.blind guardian
.nightwish
.primal fear
.immortal
.edguy
.rhapsody
.grave digger
.jag panzer
.imagika
,arch enemy
.opeth
.lacuna coil
.the crown
.dimmur borgir
.children of bodom
and many more..

JyuuSan
05-10-2003, 08:55 PM
I can't say I really care about it since I can't get MTV2...I just love the fact that they admit that's where you'll find videos nowadays!! :sulk:

kurohkku
05-11-2003, 03:13 PM
I thought I would get mixed, or totally against remarks. Yes I know its all about Heavy Metal but they did have some decent punk groups on back in the day.