PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Photoshoot?

Reatrea
07-05-2007, 11:36 PM
There where a ton of Naruto cosplayers last year and everyone was talking about pulling together an "Official" photoshoot. However no one got around to pulling it together, mostly due to lack of planning. This year will hopefully be different.

FINAL DECISION!

Hyatt Lobby: Fri. 8pm & Sun. 4pm

__________________________________________________ _

NEW IDEA ADDITION!

Since There will be no skits at the costume contest how about we show off some skits to each other! No competition! Just fun and laughs!

sakura-chan87
07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Tsunade-chan!!! I remember you from last year!!

I'm sadly not going to be in any anime costumes this Dragon*con. But ANBU Saku might might make a quick appearence. I'd have to know when the photoshoot was though because my little brother hates it when I take time away from costuming with him. ^_^;; So if it's just for an hour or so I'm sure he can live. ^_^

london2191
07-09-2007, 03:55 AM
Mmm, last year /was/ fun but Naruto is officially retired for me *too popular*. I'll be sure to pop by tho' and say hi to my fellow D*C-ers. =^^=

Hikaruchan
07-09-2007, 08:30 AM
There actually was an official Naruto photoshoot last year, but it was scheduled WAY too close to Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts shoot - so a lot of Naruto cosplayers couldn't go to it cause we were at the other shoot. I think we had more Naruto cosplayers at the impromptu photoshoot before the anime track contest.

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts is at 2pm on Sunday, and Trinity Blood may also be on Sunday. So since there are not many anime gatherings, I would suggest spreading it out and making Naruto sometime Saturday after the parade.

If it is not scheduled against a photoshoot/panel I want to see, both my sister & I will come.

The_Balrog
07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm open to the idea since I still have kakashi. I missed the Naruto photo shoot due to family emergency at con.

After the parade might be a little hard for me because I'll be wearing the dark lord for the harry Potter group. I will try.

lostchildmiroku
07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
im doing naruto and sexy-nu-jutsu naruto my friend heather is cosplaying jeriyah (sp?)

Reatrea
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
So since there are not many anime gatherings, I would suggest spreading it out and making Naruto sometime Saturday after the parade.

I think that sounds like a great idea. If the parade isn't too early.

sakura-chan87
07-15-2007, 03:28 AM
If the parade isn't too early.

lol the parade is always early! Something about 7am I heard? Anyhow, I'm gonna need an exact time for this. I won't be able to stick around for long. Too many other costumes to do. ^_^

HopelessHavoc
07-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Anytime Saturday or Sunday would be good with me. I remember last year Sunday was as much a main as Saturday was too ^__^

I'll be Zabuza and I'll have a Haku with me

lostchildmiroku
07-17-2007, 12:01 AM
sweet there will be alot of us then ^^

zoepluto
07-17-2007, 12:15 PM
I will be Temari in her second outfit. I would love to get together. It sounds fun!

Bevandera
07-18-2007, 05:35 PM
We'll have a Zabuza and Haku also. What time Saturday were we thinking?

Reatrea
08-01-2007, 10:34 PM
(EDIT: ^^ I just realized he said the same thing! I'm just putting it in bold!)

Saturday seems to be the general agreement.

So how about a time? Before noon I would say, or after three.

sakura-chan87
08-01-2007, 10:37 PM
After three. I'm considering entering the cosplay contest, (if they don't screw it up with Vic judging,) which has been said that pre-judging and whatnot is at 11:30 on SATURDAY. So I'm all for 3pm instead. It'd be better, in my opinion. But you guys decide ultimately. I'm not all anime for this con. ;)

Reatrea
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
After 3 does sound better. BY then everyone will have had lunch, hopefully.

NEVER FORGET TO EAT! *nods*

sakura-chan87
08-03-2007, 10:39 AM
lol! Indeed!

Well, I hope that this time will work out! I'd love to come hang with my fellow ninjas, even if it's just for an hour or so. ^_~

And like Tsunade-sama said. EAT! Food keeps you on your feet! lol!

Reatrea
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Anyone else?

HopelessHavoc
08-08-2007, 08:27 AM
After 3 on Staurday sounds good to me ^__^

NiceGai44
08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Gai is coming thanks to Team Takeo and my boss letting me off work. Team Takeo doesnt let friends miss dragoncon. Man I owe them. After 3 on Saturday sounds great.

Darth Takeo
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Gai is coming thanks to Team Takeo and my boss letting me off work. Team Takeo doesnt let friends miss dragoncon. Man I owe them. After 3 on Saturday sounds great.
Good news!

:rockon:

Reatrea
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
YAY! Then is Gai coming to the photoshoot?

NiceGai44
08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Just let me know time and place!

Reatrea
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Well so far we've decided on Sat.

NiceGai44
08-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok I never been to Dragoncon so I know I am gonna be lost!

Reatrea
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
You'll catch on quick. I did and I'm horrible at finding my way! ^.^

sakura-chan87
08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok I never been to Dragoncon so I know I am gonna be lost!

Naw, you won't. xD Just call me whenever and we'll meet up. Keep an eye out for pink. :D I can't believe you're actually COMING! This is brilliant!!!

NiceGai44
08-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Naw, you won't. xD Just call me whenever and we'll meet up. Keep an eye out for pink. :D I can't believe you're actually COMING! This is brilliant!!!

I cant wait to see one of my VIPs. Miss ya much Kayli! As soon as I get to you Atlanta I am so gonna call you. At least you can guide me around.

Blakrose
08-13-2007, 04:45 AM
I know I will be there, but I only cosplay my dolls. My husband will be there as the Ninja Trooper, but He requires a lot of baby sitting in that outfit. So if you see a big lolita and black stormtrooper with chuunin vest looking lost point us in the right direction.

By the way, where is the meetup?

sakura-chan87
08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I cant wait to see one of my VIPs. Miss ya much Kayli! As soon as I get to you Atlanta I am so gonna call you. At least you can guide me around.

Haha yeah! That's fine! What day are you getting in? Who are you staying with?
It's gonna be awesome! Can't wait!

NiceGai44
08-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Haha yeah! That's fine! What day are you getting in? Who are you staying with?
It's gonna be awesome! Can't wait!

I am getting in on Thursday. I am leaving with Team Takeo on Thursday morning. Well Thursday I am crashing with them and then on the weekend I am supposed to crash with my friend Jamie I dont know yet about that. Why whats up?

Reatrea
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I know I will be there, but I only cosplay my dolls. My husband will be there as the Ninja Trooper, but He requires a lot of baby sitting in that outfit. So if you see a big lolita and black stormtrooper with chuunin vest looking lost point us in the right direction.

By the way, where is the meetup?

OMG THAT IS AWESOME! I MUST GET A PIC WITH YOU TWO! ^.^ Anyways I'm not exactly sure where yet. I was thinking the place where they hold the FF&KH shoot. It's soooo nice there!

HopelessHavoc
08-13-2007, 07:18 PM
So is Saturday at 3 the official time for the shoot?
I'll be there as Zabuza and I should have a Haku with me too ^_^

Reatrea - Where do they hold the FF&KH shoot?

Blakrose
08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
OMG THAT IS AWESOME! I MUST GET A PIC WITH YOU TWO! ^.^ Anyways I'm not exactly sure where yet. I was thinking the place where they hold the FF&KH shoot. It's soooo nice there!

Where is that? I am not planning on going to those photoshoots, so I don't know. I know go look it up, but this site is moving so slow it is painful.

Reatrea
08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
The Marriott patio is the place! And I think 3-30 sounds great!

OMG Havoc! I am so slow! I didn't connect.... that you where... person. lol I thought you didn't know about this photoshoot when I PMed you on Cossspace! lol

Blakrose
08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Cool, will be there. My husband can't spend long in the armour. He melts. Even with on the ventalation and fans. I will be sure to herd him there. Now I just have to make sure I get him up in time to get him in the armor.

And I will bring my Sand sibling dolls. Gaara loves to meet his fellow Ninja.

Reatrea
08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
AWw poor thing! I'm a big SW fan too, so the thought of his costume makes me happy!

Reatrea
08-16-2007, 10:10 PM
NEW IDEA ADDITION!

Since There will be no skits at the costume contest how about we show off some skits to each other! No competition! Just fun and laughs!

Elendriel
08-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I think Sat before the masq at night, Sakura-chan and I will be ANBU Sakura and Ino :)

Blakrose
08-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I would love to see skits. I think those are the best part of thew costume contests.

Reatrea
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Well We'd have to have more than one!

Reatrea
08-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I would love to see skits. I think those are the best part of thew costume contests.

OMG I know! And we can do them this year for the contest!

Elendriel
08-25-2007, 01:25 PM
3 pm Saturday will work. The location of the photoshoot will be the Marriot lobby (the patio is closed due to construction)

If anyone's up for a Sunday or Friday shoot, we can do that too

mocha
08-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone! If you all do decide on a Friday or Sunday shoot, that would be great. I would still love to see all of your great costumes! ^_^ If you do, I'll either bring my Zabu-chan or Tsunade, but it depends on if I have my Haku or not.

Hikaruchan
08-26-2007, 01:16 AM
If you are in the cosplay contest, probably will not be able to make shoot. Contest starts at 2:30 Saturday

(Schedule is out, I will probably be at a different panel - 4 things I want to do scheduled for same time - it always happens)

HopelessHavoc
08-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Hey everyone! If you all do decide on a Friday or Sunday shoot, that would be great. I would still love to see all of your great costumes! ^_^ If you do, I'll either bring my Zabu-chan or Tsunade, but it depends on if I have my Haku or not.

I don't know if there'll be an official shoot on Sunday, but I'll probably wear Zabuza some on that day too if you wanna get some pics =^__^=

Less than a week!!

Elendriel
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
For shoots, how about.... 4 pm Friday at the Hyatt Lobby and 4 pm Sunday at the Hyatt lobby?

Blakrose
08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a doll meetup at 3pm on friday, so I can't baby sit my husband into going, but the sunday one sounds great. We are staying in the hyatt.

Reatrea
08-27-2007, 09:12 PM
If you are in the cosplay contest, probably will not be able to make shoot. Contest starts at 2:30 Saturday

(Schedule is out, I will probably be at a different panel - 4 things I want to do scheduled for same time - it always happens)

OMG your right! Tottally didn't think of that!

I like the sound of a 4pm on Sun! I wouldn't suggest Fri. Students some who have class they can't get there until late.

But do you think the Hyatt lobby would be a good place for the photoshoot?

Elendriel
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
There are a ton of shoots going on in the Marriot lobby, which could cause issues because I know how big Naruto is and how long the shoot will most likely last lol

so it should work.

we can push the Friday one until 8 pm, that can work, and that way ppl have time to get from school to the con

sakura-chan87
08-29-2007, 01:45 AM
YES!! PLEASE?!?!?! I've got to WORK on Friday from 2-6 and I'm POSITIVE I could be back in costume and back down to the con for the 8pm photoshoot.

Oh please oh please oh PLEASE?! ^_^;;;

This Sakura REALLLYYYY wants to go. =/

sakura-chan87
08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
On second notion, I actually might NOT be able to make it now to the Naruto shoot.
My "spiffy" contact lenses that I use for Sakura are pretty old. I haven't used them since April for AB. I was doing a costume test last night, and I put them in to see if they fit okay still.
I accidentally fell asleep in them. X_X;
Woke up this morning, eyes redder than the devil himself and I could barely keep them open long enough to get them OUT.

So there's quite a large SLIM to NIL chance that I'm going to be putting those buggers BACK in my eyes anytime soon. >_< (Not until I can replace them for AWA.)

But yeah, ugh, this sucks. >_<;

Blakrose
08-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Dang, my Husband probably will not be the Ninja trooper on Friday Night, he wants to wear his Steam punk outfit. Oh, well, maybe we can make the Sunday one. I know he will be the Ninja trooper on Saturday at sometime.

Is their a Naruto Parade Group?

Reatrea
08-31-2007, 06:23 AM
WOOT!

Happy Dragon*con Everyone!

I posted the final verdict on the first page! There we two hotel lobbys suggest T.T so I went with the Hyatt because that is where the anime is this year!

This Is My Last Time On The Computer Before Signing Off Until After DC! I'll See You All There! Stop Me And Say Hello, I'd Love To Meet You In Person!

Reatrea
09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
[after Dc]

Omg The Sun Was The Highlight Of My Weekend!

HopelessHavoc
09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
[after Dc]

Omg The Sun Was The Highlight Of My Weekend!

Same here! That shoot was way too much fun XD We gots to do another one at AWA, yes?

Reatrea
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
you gotta plan that in that fourm lol. I won't there. I'm gone all weekend.

Darth Takeo
09-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Anyone get any photos from Mortal Kombat vs. Naruto shoot that happened in the Hyatt Lobby on Sunday?

KoriStarfire
09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
i wish i had photos of that randomness too!

Reatrea
09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I did! I posted the links to my7 gallery in the gallery thread and picture thread