PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Cosplay

Hikaru Tsuki
05-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Bwahaha, the ultimate in dorkdom! I've started to branch out my cosplay into wrestling, simply because I can. So far I've done Shawn Michaels (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=37026&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500) and made a Jericho costume and plush for my friend (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=36182&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500).

Now, I'm working The Hurricane. I'm making everything myself, rather than buying the official mask and cape (I doubt the mask would fit me, and the cape is innaccurate). Yes....

Anyhoo, other WWE cosplayers around here? ^^

Maryssa
05-02-2003, 10:58 PM
#1: I am kind of confused as to why you'd dress up as a wrestler at an anime con (i'm assuming that is where the pics are from)

#2: don't walk around with signs. ever. -_-

XLainoftheWired
05-02-2003, 11:08 PM
I am following Maryssa's lead on this one. You're all like "Smell what I'm cooking!" and I'm all like "Konbanwa mina-san!" IMO, these are totally different and unrelated worlds. Now if you are going to regular sci-fi cons in this get up, I guess it makes more sense but not much. The only way this would make sense at an anime con would be if you were using the wrestlers persona in your groups cosplay, which I have heard of before. But other than relevence, good work, they look accurate. More power to ya.

Hikaru Tsuki
05-02-2003, 11:50 PM
The costumes were made for when my friend and I went to see Wrestlemania. I wore my Shawn Michaels costume to Sakura Con for the dance (since most people were wearing original costumes anyways) and because there were other wrestling fans at the con. I'm not a big fan of people wearing costumes to an unrelated con, but since my costume was worn for a dance and in the later hours of the con, I really don't think it mattered a huge amount. For the rest of the con, I wore my anime costumes. As for my Hurricane one, it's mainly to be worn on Halloween at my school.

Haha, and you'd be surprised how many fans WWE has in Japan, I've even seen some Japanese wrestling cosplayers. XD

Nine
05-03-2003, 12:24 AM
O_o people, don't freak out.. this topic is in OTHER COSTUMES

XLainoftheWired
05-03-2003, 12:25 AM
sorry nine I didnt notice. I usually find threads to post in by clicking "list new posts" so threads from all the forums pop up. I deeply apologise for comming off as an asshole to anyone. Honestly.

BlueLady
05-03-2003, 12:37 AM
ah haa haa haaaaa ...cool, I'de love to see this at a con

Tenjou
05-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Great job Hikaru! ^^ I still hope to do Edge, but the chances of my friend and I going to RAW/Smackdown! are a little low right now.

Once again, great job! ^_^

nekomi
05-03-2003, 09:18 AM
I glomped Hikaru Tsuki in her Shawn Micheals costume! lol I thought it fit in nicely with all the people wearing Wrestlemania shirts & the Hulk Hogan cosplayer at Sakura Con. This was right after Wrestlemania at Safeco Field the prior Sunday(which I happily attended:)).

Aoshi Shinomori
05-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Good Job Hikaru.. if i saw u at the dance i would've glomped you heh.. yeah i mean its not hall cosplaying.. its like at the dance so basically anything goes.. i wore my hbk costume too.. lol basically his tshirt and jeans and i got randomly glomped lol. its just fans recognizing each other thats all. i like your costume and cant wait to see your hurricane costume. *hears hbk music playing*.. oh.. sorry they are playing the song * starts doing hbk dance*

Lady Somairot
05-05-2003, 09:26 PM
i remember seeing someone with an RVD t-shirt at a Katsucon like, 2 years ago or something. and i was like AWESOME! and i did the whole arm movement R..V..D.. thing that he does and the guy acted like i was insane.

which, though it might be somewhat true, struck me as slightly odd since he was wearing the shirt in the first place. like, if he was a fan he should have recognized what i was doing.

anyway, i ramble.

i just think your Jericho plushie is AWESOME and someone should give you cake because of it. ^_~

Hikaru Tsuki
05-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Lady Somairot
i just think your Jericho plushie is AWESOME and someone should give you cake because of it. ^_~

Thank you very much. ^^ I also have an HBK plush, though I need to make him a new t-shirt. I'm currently working on a Hurricane plush, since he's so huggable, I wanna be able to hug him in atleast one way. XD

I was really happy with the timing of Wrestlemania and Sakura Con, made two great weekends and cosplaying Shawn Michaels much more accepted at the con. I'm hoping The Hurricane will be somewhat of a hit next year, since I'm putting a lot of work into that costume and getting into character. Bwahahaha...

MordSith
05-09-2003, 07:29 PM
i think i'm cute. ... i know i'm sexy ....

Hurricane would be AWESOME. now there is SERIOUSLY a costume, assuming you're going in all out green latern mode. teehee i'm stephanie mcmahon eeeeeevery day :::Wicked grin:::

Hikaru Tsuki
05-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by MordSith
i think i'm cute. ... i know i'm sexy ....

Hurricane would be AWESOME. now there is SERIOUSLY a costume, assuming you're going in all out green latern mode. teehee i'm stephanie mcmahon eeeeeevery day :::Wicked grin:::

My Hurricane is full-out! Making the mask has been interesting, since the official one wouldn't fit me anyways. XD I've started making the tights, which hasn't been as bad as it could be. As for the shirt, it shouldn't be too bad. I'm just having problems finding the right green fabric for The Hurricane's cape and I have to make 8m of black spandex bias tape. X_X

Chino-San
05-28-2003, 08:20 AM
Doesn't a wrestling cosplay consist of tight spandex? Oh no spare us all!

themisfit_82
09-22-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm planning on wearing a couple of my wrestling masks to AWA this weekend, their either luchadors like rey mysterio but mainly my ultamo dragon and haybusha masks.